Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is going into 4th grade and did not play travel lacrosse this year. We thought 3rd grade was too young to get involved. After reading some of the posts on here I'm not sure I'd ever want to get involved with this crew. It's really unbelievable what youth sports has become and how it brings out the absolute worst in people. How do we expect our children to grow up to be decent human beings when their role models are the furthest thing from decent?

Listen to me. I know it sounds like the majority, but it's minority. Without knowing much, the coaches of the Bandits and the HBs are NOT emailing kids and recruiting them. It's likely the opposite, parents are emailing them for their kid to get a look. Both of these teams will have 100+ kids trying out this year, they don't need to recruit. I would bet a $1 that those posts are not coming from Bandit or HB parents. Just people who have nothing better to do than throw nonsense out and see who responds. Travel lax is great for developing skills. Just find the right situation, ask a lot of questions and make sure your child wants to play 9 to 10 months of lax.