Originally Posted by Anonymous
nice to see helpful information posted on this forum for once. Everyone's experience will be different with recruitment, it's nice to hear how other girls were approached, and how the process is going. A lot of kids and parents feel this is a race, but if you're daughter is in 9th grade like mine is now there's no hurry.

But there is a rush. The scholarships are what they are and once the money is all doled out your daughter could become one of the kids who "commits" with no athletic offer. Don't think that every kid listed as committed to schools on the travel clubs websites actually get money. Those lists are just where the kids ultimately decide to go. Just like D3 kids committing. All it means is they have an offer or agreement with the coach that they have a roster spot and not a tryout. Not every kid gets money especially as rosters continue to expand

Was there a question about scholarship money? Who said anything about every kid listed on a travel website getting an athletic scholarship? Why such a pessimistic attitude.

Well then why the [lacrosse] are we talking about 9th graders committing? 9th graders aren't verbaling for no cash. They are committing because there is a athletic financial offer extended. Give me a break.

"once the money is all doled out your daughter could become one of the kids who "commits" with no athletic offer." --- You make it sound like a disease. I'll take my kid getting no athletic money at a top 15 academic school over your Sally getting her 10k at Rocks for Jocks U.