Originally Posted by Anonymous
to the poster that cited the best player on team X is pre med, I agree that the best players can write their own tickets. The top girls on each team that were coveted by every school get more latitude then the girls on the roster outside of the top handful. Look at the rosters overwhelming amount of undecided communications, liberal arts, women's studies etc. My daughter is not a top players but will get D1 money but she was turned down point blank by coaches after she said she wanted to major in engineering. Coaches weren't bending on that.

And I'm not sure I agree that the best players are the only ones who take tough majors. In fact at the Ivies and other top academic schools, some players are recruited specifically for their grades and academics to balance out some top players that might not be as up to snuff in that area. The Ivies have an index to hit and others have a defacto index of sorts w admissions. I know several examples of girls at these schools who are not top players, who take challenging majors, and were recruited in part (maybe large part) because of their grades.