Originally Posted by Anonymous
With possibly early recruiting legislation on the way we may see 2021 commits sooner than expected. Crazy though it may be, I wouldn't bed surprised.

Please end the madness.

I want my son to be the first 7th grade commit. It'll help his name get out there and onto the coach's radar.

Considering he is probably a catholic school prefirst and 8 grade holdback, you may have a chance! ; p

Private non Catholic schools is where this happens way more than in a Catholic elementary school or the few Catholic schools that have middle and high schools together. Need to become more familiar with the workings of the private schools.

We are seeing kids re-enter public school system after spending 8th grade in Catholic (should have been Freshman year). Is this common?

Who is "we", and are you saying that kids are repeating 8th grade in public after completing that grade in private?

No, leaving public schools after 8th, attending private school for a year and then rejoining public school as a Freshman. I believe that is what the parents are doing. Not sure of the reasoning, but it doesn't seem kosher.