I have a son who is too young for this event. The recruiting process, if he's even up for it and if he has the skill/ability of course, is a few years away but I am curious about how this works.

Would you mind elaborating on what makes this event different from a typical recruiting event? I'm assuming b/c it's Igloo, price is one factor as that club leads the way on costs but aside from that, is the structure of the event significantly different from other more typical recruiting events?

Finally, you mention prospect days but only if the coach has expressed interest. What is the difference b/w a recruiting event and a 'prospect' day. And, as importantly, how does the coach express interest unless your son has already attended recruiting events and prospect days? It seems a little circular to me.

The clubs give the impression that they are the key to getting your son recruited. This is probably the biggest reason we all (or at least most of us) drive ourselves crazy in August trying to get our boys onto these 'AA' teams. Are clubs not as critical as we are led to believe?