Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
See that's what's wrong with this place (by place I mean NY). It's all who you know and everyone assumes everyone has been through this process. There are people who don't live vicariously through their kids and are brand new to both this sport and whole travel team experience. At little explanation by those running the teams on the selection process would have been helpful. If you give a broad "emails will go out on Tuesday" then everyone should expect some sort of notice.

I dont understand all the confusion, whether your new to the game or not, the bottom line is if they wanted your son on the team you would be notified. If you dont hear anything he didnt make the team. When you apply for a job, do they call up all the people that didnt get it? Lets be real.

first off, I called every person I have ever interviewed for a job (well over a hundred)to tell them I was not offering them a position and wish them good luck but of course I didn't do that until the person I did offer the job too excepted. but this is youth lacrosse this is not a job interview, this is a paid tryout and these are kids, and there is no closure because some kids will get called back or invited weeks after the tryout, I understand why they don't tell anybody that they didn't make it but there should be some closer, a notice on the web site that tryouts are over and all roster spots have been filled or rosters posted by pinnie number from tryouts or something.