@BackOfTheCAGE
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences with the Jesters? all information will be helpful Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Long Island Jesters -
had two boys play for them and loved it, great experience a little more of a low key atmosphere then some other programs but the guy at the top really seems to care about the program and the kids in it. they have always been the best bargain for your buck although they seem to be raising fees to come more in line with the rest. except for one or two teams they are not elite but more middle of the pack ability wise. I would highly recommend them
Highly recommend them....they offer comparable training to the other programs without a lot of the nonsense. The directors are great people who really care about the kids. The coaches are excellent...for the younger kids grade 2-4, the price is a fraction of other programs and the training is the same if not better.
That is one of the reasons I went with them, THat and I am more interested in my son having a good time learning the game and finding a love for the sport than I am in putting him through tryouts in 2nd grade. However as a parent I want to make sure that the people who run the program are good people and have my childs best interest at heart, I dont want it to be like the town team we play on and nothing more. Thank You for the information I think the best place to get it from is parents smile
My son doesnt play for the Jesters, but the guy at the top is a class act and he really cares about the kids. Not all about the money with him.

If my son didnt have so many friends on his current team I would be over here in a second.
Do you know where they practice?
Lax Mom-

Having read many of your post on this and other threads I have to give you credit for doing your research before your son gets involved in "elite" travel lacrosse. I think most have given you good advice and agree with the majority of thoughts that were shared. I have three sons in travel lacrosse, all involved in the teams of the more "popular" threads discussed recently. It can seem overwhelming with how you make your descisions. As some have said, initially place your young son in an situation where he is going to have fun. As the season progresses you can assess the quality of the program, team, and his experience. If he, and you, are not happy make a change for next year. Many options that look good initially may not be the best choice. Some of the "larger" programs that are the focus of much negativety on this forum can and do provide an exceptional experience at the "team" level. Some of the more recent conversation about "smaller" programs may provide a good experience for a few. Keep in mind that some smaller programs only exist for the coaches son to play with his friends, they may not have teams at other age levels. Count the adults on the team sidelines, if you see 4 or 5 men (coaches) standing there it may indicate 4 or 5 sons on that team. That can lead to issues down the road. So in short, it is not that the program is "Express or 91" or "Igloo", it is the experience. You will learn much in your first year, well beyond any opinion, including mine, that is offered on these boards. Play PAL, play "elite" travel, have fun, at 8 years old you and your son have time to make your mistakes, learn and move on.

Best of luck-
Thank You! I am not necessarily looking for a permanent place in 2nd grade...If I find a wonderful team we stay with through the end that will be a wonderful miracle. I am really just trying to find the team that will push him to become a better player and still let him have fun and I am hoping to find some parents that arent talking scholarships in 2nd grade...lol. I dont need a drill instructor coach right now there is plenty of time for that in the future. Right now I am trying to cultivate his love for the sport and expose him to something besides PAL. I appreciate all the information I have gotten from everyone on here...it has been helpful. Good luck to all of your boys this season!
who is the owner of the long island jesters, can someone give me his name?? thank you
Originally Posted by Anonymous
who is the owner of the long island jesters, can someone give me his name?? thank you
The Long Island Jesters Directors are Rich Nessim (2021 Coach) and Jim Byrns (2014/2020 Coach).
2015 Jesters a force to be reckoned with, just won
U15AA Division at summer slam in Philadelphia

Now 12-0-1 for summer tie was with fl$

UMASS tournament next not bad for a Team with
A supposed bunch of no names whom play very
well together.
Originally Posted by Laxparentmo

well together.

good for them, a bunch of kids that nobody wanted, good coaching, good organization and the best director on the scene. congratulations and keep it up
Hopefully the Jesters will get to play against fl$ at UMass to break that tie. Given their record so far this year, I'd say Jesters would be the favorite until proven otherwise.
Originally Posted by Laxparentmo

well together.

good for them, a bunch of kids that nobody wanted, good coaching, good organization and the best director on the scene. congratulations and keep it up

Any openings on the 2014 team ?
Why doesn't Jesters go to Tri-State? If you are 12-0-1 you sound like a good team. Play with the big boy's and see what happens. UMass??? The only reason teams go to UMass is to duck the competition at Tri-State.
That goes for fl$ then too. They lost a close one to Express last year so why not come back and try to redeem? I don't think fl$ 2015 wants any part of the Express. Seems like theyve structured their schedule to avoid the Express after losing a bunch of close ones and only winning one last year. Enjoy the last few days of being u15 champs. You don't have a prayer this year.
Summer Sizzle??? Who was at that tournament??? The Bronx bloomer girls??? fl$ was at the Crab Fest this past weekend playing the same teams Express played at the NSCLA tournament. When you beat (not tie) a legit team them come on here and beat your chest about being 12-0-1! Good luck at the U-15 and get to Disney because that will be the only positive thing that will come out of your trip. This isnt last years (2014) Jesters team. By the way, Rich is a great guy!!
That goes for fl$ then too. They lost a close one to Express last year so why not come back and try to redeem? I don't think fl$ 2015 wants any part of the Express. Seems like theyve structured their schedule to avoid the Express after losing a bunch of close ones and only winning one last year. Enjoy the last few days of being u15 champs. You don't have a prayer this year.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!.....the lacrosse world and the mindset of all involved does not revolve around the LI Express....to think that coaches, parents and directors plan all of their summers around the Long Island Express is a perfect example of unearned arrogance on the part of many involved with that program, nobody cares where you guys play, I heard that Roger Clemens retired from pitching because an express player switched over to baseball and he was afraid to pitch to him...I guess well never know. The only people fascinated with the express are the people people paying the bill that need to feel their son is playing on the best team in the world, thus giving them some sort of status in the lacrosse community....move on, nobody cares.
And how did that work out for you? Take away two GC varsity players and what do you have? Not much.
You dont care? Thanks for taking the time to post your feelings. Dont forget about Epcot, great beers from around the world.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!.....the lacrosse world and the mindset of all involved does not revolve around the LI Express....to think that coaches, parents and directors plan all of their summers around the Long Island Express is a perfect example of unearned arrogance on the part of many involved with that program, nobody cares where you guys play, I heard that Roger Clemens retired from pitching because an express player switched over to baseball and he was afraid to pitch to him...I guess well never know. The only people fascinated with the express are the people people paying the bill that need to feel their son is playing on the best team in the world, thus giving them some sort of status in the lacrosse community....move on, nobody cares.

fl$ 2015 is still a very good team but has slipped back. I'd say two years ago they were maybe #1 on L.I. in 2015. Now probably no better than 4th behind Express Orange, Ballers and Jesters. Subpar defense since they asked their best defenseman to leave. He's now with guess who? The midfield has also been hurt by a few top ones leaving. Not to mention half the team trying out for Express. What's going on there? Kudos to the Jesters for breaking the duopoly. We'll see how it all works out in FL!
Jesters, Ballers and Express all on a roll. When was the last time fl$ 2015 won a tournament?

How could any plan their summer around the Express. They kept their schedules behind close doors then change them to suit their needs. If anyone dodges teams, it's the express.
Prediction: fl$ 2015 won't make the final 4 in FL. Great F/O but selfish and undisciplined "can you top this" run and gun super star offensive mentality (no set offense - can't pass it around more than 3 passes) and weak defense. Looks like tarzan in warmups and 1-1s but plays like Jane against fundamentally sound and disciplined teams. Play rope-a-dope against them and they will get frustrated and make mistakes.
Funny! Express dodging teams? I guess your right. They dodged all the LI teams so they can play the best teams from around the country. You have it all figured out! Tool.
I agree, seems like fl$ 2015 is the one that changed their schedule to avoid Express. fl$ 2015 is not going to Tri-State although most of the other fl$ teams above and below are going to tri-state. One and done? That looks like a dodge to me. Does anybody know what the last tournament was that fl$ 2015 won? It's been a long time.
Lots of rumors going around that the 2017 Express Piranhas group is breaking up and possibly coming to the Jesters?
Lots of rumors going around that the 2017 Express Piranhas group is breaking up and possibly coming to the Jesters?

I know a lot of the Piranha parents are absolutely disgusted by what happened to their team at the end of the season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they jumped ship to the Jesters. Jesters director is a class act and would never pull the crap that the Express does.

True, because now the Sharks have been formed.
Speak to a few of the parents of this years 2017 Jesters team(s) and see what they say, my friends son played on the teams and was very upset about the confusion of teams.
When we merge, we will make an Orange & Blue team.

My son played on one of the 2017 Jesters teams. If its true that a bunch of the Piranha kids might come over I don't think there is any doubt we could put together a very competitive team. The organization needs to commit to doing a true "A" team and get some quality coaching. Love to see the Jesters field a team hat could compete with the big boys.

LMAO!!!!!
Jesters need to be in the mix, their older teams are very good. They need to catch up at this age group
Anyone know when their tryouts are going to be? My son played with a "big" club and it was a horror show. Coaches kid never came off the field and the sidelines were a dysfunctional mess. Ive heard really good things about the Jesters organization. Any help would be appreciated.

My son played on one of the 2017 Jesters teams. If its true that a bunch of the Piranha kids might come over I don't think there is any doubt we could put together a very competitive team. The organization needs to commit to doing a true "A" team and get some quality coaching. Love to see the Jesters field a team hat could compete with the big boys.

Didnt the Jesters have two teams this year? As I remember they had some pretty good players.

Didnt the Jesters have two teams this year? As I remember they had some pretty good players.

started with one team with 29 players, then after 2 tournaments divided into a "A" and "B" team. after the "A" team won parents complained and the teams were split evenly. They have some good decent players.
Jesters 9th grade team is very good. My son is looking for a decent 7th grade team and he doesnt want to play with one of the monster organizations. Anyone know when tryouts will be?
I think tryouts were in late September last year. Might be earlier this year like everyone else is doing
Jesters seem to be doing well at the National Championships.
My son played for the 2017 Jesters this past year. Lots of confusion with the coaching and the teams. Friend of mines son played on the Express Korwan team and he was telling me that a good deal of the kids from that team are possibly jumping ship and joining the Jesters to form a AA team with some of the existing Jesters kids. Anyone know anything about this. Interesting idea.
My son is considering trying out. What tournaments is the 2015 team expected to attend next summer? What tournaments did the current 2014 team attend this past summer and is it expected to be the same for 2015 next summer? Thanks.
Anyone have any idea when tryouts are?
I am hearing September. Every one is trying to get them done in early.
From what i have heard from parents of the boys that play for the jesters they run a good program and the director is a class act. I will say this. The jesters orga nization is desperately trying to have the same name recognition as some of the big name clubs. This was apparent at the nationals in florida last weekend. They ran some of the kids into the ground while others sat on the bench. They played the kids that i guess they assumed gave them the best chance at winning. Recipe for disaster. If you picked them you play them. Dont let winning be your only concern to advance the name of the club. My son does not play for them but i watched them lose a close game in florida that they should have won.
Jesters Tryout information is posted on their site.
I love it when clubs dont advertise fees upfront, or the cost. BOTC should ask for transparency to get the fees list upfront. I do remenber a post as such or am I wrong
I love it when clubs dont advertise fees upfront, or the cost. BOTC should ask for transparency to get the fees list upfront. I do remenber a post as such or am I wrong
You are correct. Last year, BOTC covered tryouts later in the cycle which allowed greater fee disclosure but some parents mentioned to us that they did not have sufficient planning time.

This year, we have started covering tryouts sooner - and all include the tryout details (fees) - but some tournament/cost information is still emerging. So, to help parents with the schedules and planning, we have lost some of the early estimates on full season pricing. BOTC will post the individual tryout information additions once they are available.
Originally Posted by CageSage
You are correct. Last year, BOTC covered tryouts later in the cycle which allowed greater fee disclosure but some parents mentioned to us that they did not have sufficient planning time.

This year, we have started covering tryouts sooner - and all include the tryout details (fees) - but some tournament/cost information is still emerging. So, to help parents with the schedules and planning, we have lost some of the early estimates on full season pricing. BOTC will post the individual tryout information additions once they are available.

WOULD LOVE A CHART or TABLE WITH EVERYONE POSTED. Will really expose some.

WOULD LOVE A CHART or TABLE WITH EVERYONE POSTED. Will really expose some.
What if people just don't sign up for the tryouts until all the 2013 details are available so then when those dates come and go would force these clubs to disclose what they will charge and provide. I think some just wait to determine the final price so they know they have the profits they are looking for. Who buys services like that?
Check out there new web site its cool
I agree everything should be disclosed its not all about the money its about the kids wake parents
Why would a parent ask BOTC to do their homework. If you are interested in a lacrosse organization do your OWN homework and inquire about the fee for the year this way you know for sure. As important as the fee is the quality of the coaching is more important not the pictures on the website.
From what ive heard they are a little cheaper than some of the organizations. I think they were 1100 last year. Bottom line is, Rich is a class act and he runs a nice program. Im going to give it a shot this season.
My son has played for the Jesters now for 2 years. We were one of the parents that left the express after Chanenchuk messed around with the selection process to hurt the fl$ program. We could not be happier. The organization really cares about the players, the kids are great, the parents represent a true mix of towns which leads to a great time on the sideline. As far as coaching goes, your son will get much better and valuable experience in a program like this. It is also a true value play, as these guys have not nickel/dimed us at every turn.
As far as quality of teams goes, I'll take a team of very good players over a team of superstars every time. This will lead to the boys learning how to actually play the game the right way as opposed to preparing for their college showcases in 6th grade with the parents telling the kids to forget about passing and go to the hole! Trust me I've seen it. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised by the experience. And it's the experience that matters for the kids. Besides, the Jesters have the coolest uniforms (lol).
call the director of the club
Below are the fees for Summer 2013 posted on the Jesters website. What is included in the 3000.00 fee for the U-15 Black Team?

TRYOUT FEE - $55
U-15 BLACK – PRICE $3,000
2nd – 11th – PRICE $1,400 – Includes U-15 - GREEN
1,400.00 dollars. up 450.00 since Jim not there. Rich keep listening to Jim, See how long you last.
So what does a U-15 Black player receive for the 1,600.00 difference? A plane ticket to Florida?
What are fall recruiting tournament fees ? Are they posted any where?
JESTER HAD 4 VARSITY TEAMS THIS YEAR.
Below are the fees for Summer 2013 posted on the Jesters website. What is included in the 3000.00 fee for the U-15 Black Team?

TRYOUT FEE - $55
U-15 BLACK – PRICE $3,000
2nd – 11th – PRICE $1,400 – Includes U-15 - GREEN

2nd and 3rd are NOT $1,400
I just called, the 2nd and 3rd grade teams are $900 that includes winter, spring and summer. The U-15 Black includes summer - 5 tournaments and the U-15 Nationals in Disney (florida) it includes airfare, hotels, transportation and food (It seems like everything in florida).
Does anybody have any feedback on the Jesters at the 2019 level? Thoughts on coaches, teams (1 or more?), etc? Do they practice in Levittown? Thanks for any info you might have to offer!
I believe its one of the directors great guy coached my older son
Yes lodging and airfare my son went this year it was great
Does anybody have any feedback on the Jesters at the 2019 level? Thoughts on coaches, teams (1 or more?), etc? Do they practice in Levittown? Thanks for any info you might have to offer!

Website says Jerry Caramelli for 2019, but there's no bio for him...
Anyone wanting to try out for any of these travel teams should really be speaking to those that have played on them already. I have heard good and bad things about all of them. The jesters have truly good people running their organization and it would be difficult to say a bad thing about them. That being said up untilthe u15 disney tournaments the team had great coaching and was playing well. There was a coaching change made and new players were brought to disney which proved to be a disaster. Really feel like the trip there was a waste if money. Dont put too much into that tourney. I dont know if it is optional again this year or it is a must but there are many good clubs out there that may not have the invite to disney so dont rule them out solely on that. My son will be looking for another team this year because of the way the summer season ended and im pretty sure the jesters will have retuning players.l
I was a little skeptical heading down to tryout tonight due to the weather, but they got it in. The 4th graders had some good players. They could have a nice team if picked right. Tryout was well done.
Any body google the name of that 2019 coach. A friend told me to. Are there many Jerry Caramelli's. interesting.
My son went to the 2016 tryouts anyone knonw when the jesters post the rosters? It was well run around 70 kids and good talent. A lot of GC kids.
I heard they announced there teams
Emails for the Jesters "Black" team started going out!!!! Best of luck to you.....:)
Careful what you wish for
What does "careful what you wish for" imply......should we try to figure that idiom out??????????????? or would you care to explaing........just curious.....it's almost creepy
Did all the emails go out for ALL the teams or are they still deciding
I called about an hour ago. My son has not yet gotten an email, they said they were not fully decided and they were in a meeting about the 8th grade.
Has the 2019 team been picked yet.
Has anyone heard any news on the results of the 2018 team?
picked? they are having another round of tryouts it seems form the emails received!
any news of 2017 team
any news of 2017 team

My friends son received email for 2017 team Tuesday night
So basically if we haven't heard anything yet they didn't make the team? That's kinda crapy that the ones who didn't make it are left hanging. I'm okay with him not making it, but don't leave him up in the air about it.
Any word on the 2021 team and tryout results?
So basically if we haven't heard anything yet they didn't make the team? That's kinda crapy that the ones who didn't make it are left hanging. I'm okay with him not making it, but don't leave him up in the air about it.

Usually what they (travel teams, I don't know the Jesters policy) do is they send out invitations to the kids that make the teams, after a short period (up to a week) if the kids that made it don't commit they start to invite additional players until all the spots are filled (paid) so until all the tryouts are over you can hear you made a team but you will not hear that you did not. It does suck for the kids, but I understand that they don't want to tell a kid he was cut and then have to call him back and say a spot has opened up. If you don't hear in a week you should probably move on.
Thank you for that insight, I had figured that at this point if he hadn't heard, he didn't make it. Here's my thing. Fine, you don't want him on the A team. No big deal. Call him and say you didn't make the A team but we are keeping your name on a list and if one of the A team kids decide they don't want to be a part of the team we will call you. It's not a hard thing to do and it helps give the kids closure. We have decided to try out for another team so we'll see what happens.
I spoke with the director they have not yet complete the process
They are having another try out for the age group due to the weather last weekend
Has the 2019 emails been sent out yet? Has anyone received any notice yet?
Has anyonre received an email for 2019 team?
We still have not heard anything but we are the 2018 team.
Thank you for that insight, I had figured that at this point if he hadn't heard, he didn't make it. Here's my thing. Fine, you don't want him on the A team. No big deal. Call him and say you didn't make the A team but we are keeping your name on a list and if one of the A team kids decide they don't want to be a part of the team we will call you. It's not a hard thing to do and it helps give the kids closure. We have decided to try out for another team so we'll see what happens.

Sounds good on paper. My son found out immediately if he mad a team last year. His friends didnt find out for about a week or so later (if etal) , if they were told they were B players they would have moved on, thankfully they were at the end of the A list and made it and they had patience. One did not make it and lost his oppurtunity with another team

not saying it doesnt stink but it is what happens.
They are having another try out for the 2021 group tomorrow I recieved an email regarding the location and times
The real problem is these kids try out for 5 teams. They bounce around to much if kids would stay within one program we would not have all these issues
Kids bounce because the programs are set up so they bounce. If the programs promoted team development vs program exposure more kids would likely want to grow and stay with a program.
good point
is the 2017 team formed or are they still trying to put it together
My son had 5th grade tryouts on 9/14 in the evening....Has anyone heard from the coaches or staff regarding the 2020 team?
is the 2017 team formed or are they still trying to put it together

There are two teams at 2017 year. There may be open spot somewhere, but for the most part they are formed.
Everyone just make sure that Jim is not coaching your sons team and you should be ok...
Are all the teams run this way where if you didn't make it you don't even get a courtesy email? Nice.
HAvent heard aything yet either as my son tried out on Friday also for the 2020 team
What is the problem with Jim and how was the 2020 team last year???
Has the 2018 team been picked?
Are all the teams run this way where if you didn't make it you don't even get a courtesy email? Nice.

No travel teams that I know of notify kids that don't make a team. It's pretty simple, if you don't hear something you didnt make the team, Deal with it and move on.

No travel teams that I know of notify kids that don't make a team. It's pretty simple, if you don't hear something you didnt make the team, Deal with it and move on.

Not true- my friend's son heard from True Blue via e mail and 91 said you could call if you did not hear from them and they will tell you were you stand- waiting list.
See that's what's wrong with this place (by place I mean NY). It's all who you know and everyone assumes everyone has been through this process. There are people who don't live vicariously through their kids and are brand new to both this sport and whole travel team experience. At little explanation by those running the teams on the selection process would have been helpful. If you give a broad "emails will go out on Tuesday" then everyone should expect some sort of notice.
fl$ posts a roster on the web site, I believe that they call or e-mail the kids that make the team and ask for a commitment and then continue to fill the roster until they have a full team of committed players and the post, if your name is not on the web site you did not make the team. it seems like such a simple concept.
See that's what's wrong with this place (by place I mean NY). It's all who you know and everyone assumes everyone has been through this process. There are people who don't live vicariously through their kids and are brand new to both this sport and whole travel team experience. At little explanation by those running the teams on the selection process would have been helpful. If you give a broad "emails will go out on Tuesday" then everyone should expect some sort of notice.

I dont understand all the confusion, whether your new to the game or not, the bottom line is if they wanted your son on the team you would be notified. If you dont hear anything he didnt make the team. When you apply for a job, do they call up all the people that didnt get it? Lets be real.
Is anyone participating in the fall league? I had thought games started this weekend but have not heard anything about a schedule. My email has been acting up so I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything.
Are you referring to the Lighthouse/Nassau County fall league?
Schedule should be out today.
That would be great if all teams posted the rosters on line.

but it is a double edged sword..
Schedule is not out yet. The person who does the schedule is a mess. He ran lighthouse lacrosse summer program into the ground. He will do the same with this fall league.
Schedule is not out yet. The person who does the schedule is a mess. He ran lighthouse lacrosse summer program into the ground. He will do the same with this fall league.

You may be right. It didn't help that Nassau County didn't allow payment for the teams to enter the league until last week.
Yes I guess. Whatever league the Jesters fall league is in that's the one we are signed up for. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the email. Thanks for your help.

I dont understand all the confusion, whether your new to the game or not, the bottom line is if they wanted your son on the team you would be notified. If you dont hear anything he didnt make the team. When you apply for a job, do they call up all the people that didnt get it? Lets be real.

first off, I called every person I have ever interviewed for a job (well over a hundred)to tell them I was not offering them a position and wish them good luck but of course I didn't do that until the person I did offer the job too excepted. but this is youth lacrosse this is not a job interview, this is a paid tryout and these are kids, and there is no closure because some kids will get called back or invited weeks after the tryout, I understand why they don't tell anybody that they didn't make it but there should be some closer, a notice on the web site that tryouts are over and all roster spots have been filled or rosters posted by pinnie number from tryouts or something.

You may be right. It didn't help that Nassau County didn't allow payment for the teams to enter the league until last week.

Isn't this a Jester's thread? Why does it seem that lately every thread goes in 10 directions unrelated to title.
I received an email last night with the time and date of the first game only. No other info in the email. This team doesn't seem to be very free with passing around the information.
I received an email last night with the time and date of the first game only. No other info in the email. This team doesn't seem to be very free with passing around the information.

Believe it or not, that's all that was released from the league, the first week.
What is the problem with Jim and how was the 2020 team last year???

I have seen a few posts that the 2020 team is not very good and the coach Jim is questionable. Would love some input. Is it a disgruntle parent posting or is there really an issue with the coach and the team..PLEASE HELP!
I 100% understand it's out of the Jesters hands when the schedule is passed along to them. No fault with them on that at all. They were actually on the ball and sent an email out about a week ago letting everyone know they still didn't have a schedule and would pass it along as soon as they did.
Thats a Joke JIm is a great coach my son plays for the 2014 team it takes time to build a good team relax remeber they are in 5th grade
No, it is not a joke.
The 2020 team had major issues last year.
The head coach was rarely there. The assistant was a "tough guy" who just yelled at their players to "hit them". That really teaches kids how to get better, doesn't it?
Even when the head coach was there, the team struggled significantly.
There are so many teams out there, to spend the money that the Jesters charge to be on this team is a mistake.
Tomahawks,Checkmate, Riptide,Outlaws,Pride etc. are all better options.
\You need to find a team with a qualified dad coaching and possibly a younger college player to bring the dad up to speed. I'm pretty sure Jim and Rich both have older kids and none at the youth level. They are the "directors" who's now only motive is profit. Not that there is anything wrong with that but don't expect the type of dedication they may have given to the older teams they coached.
Jim has a son on the 2020 team!!! Great idea to have a dad coach!
If it is the same coach jim from massapequa I would look elsewhere. I have heard nothing nut negative things about him. Experienced it first hand in florida this past summer. Disgruntled......maybe but ask around. The guy is awful.
Do not even think of playing for jim. He is by no means a good coach. Talk to a parent of a child that played for him.
Want to clarify....jim k is a good coach...jim b is not a good coach

Believe it or not, that's all that was released from the league, the first week.

They will release the game schedule for that week only- every week. It is frustrating to wait until Wed or Thurs to make plans for the week end. This is the way the league ran in the Spring as well...
Did you play on this team last year? And if you did how much did you pay from my understanding it was a developmental group
that had some good players on the team. You sound like a bitter person you should move on an enjoy your 5th grade son or girl. If you did play last year maybe you just call Jim and speak with him.Instead you hide behind some nonsense forum
My son was in the 3rd grade last year Rich coached the team it was a great experince.The kids learned not just lacrosse but how to have fun. This is my oldest child we are diffently going back to play for him.

Jim K is on to coaching his kid with a 3rd or 4th different
travel group. That's usually a good indicator of a good coach, isn't it?
He will not be missed.
How many kids do the jesters put on each of there teams ?

He will not be missed.

Whoa, whoa!! Jim K is a great guy/coach that happened to coach for a very disloyal & unscrupulous organization. Good luck to him & his new venture!
Listen knock it off they are both good guys get a life. Jim K and Jim B are good coaches disloyal and unscrupulous did you play for the organization? You have no idea what you are talking about
Listen knock it off they are both good guys get a life. Jim K and Jim B are good coaches disloyal and unscrupulous did you play for the organization? You have no idea what you are talking about

The poor grammar and lack of punctuation made the comments nearly unintelligible. The answer to the question which you had posted, I believe, is "yes". Well, my son did. I would not challenge the allegations of disloyalty and lack of scruples. Even those involved in said organization would know better than tempting this on a public forum.

As I said, Jim K is a good coach and a good guy. The organization he had coached for IS disloyal and unscrupulous. My son DID play for the organization, so I DO have an idea of what I am talking about. Best move, ever, for Jim K to move on to another organization!
Yes its a good move for everyone. Jk has a big commitment with his HS team
Everyone wishs him good luck.
Fall sessin started last night some good talent on all the fields. its nice to see the boys together again
This Statement below is absolutely not true, and Cage Sage should do some checking before allowing a rediculous post like this. Jim K has only coached his town team and for the express.
He is a great guy and seemed committed to every kid and Parent he had on his team always. Just so you know he was asked to coach for our orgainization and choose not to make a change.
If you or your son would not miss him it just means you never played for him or you are just cluless.

He will not be missed
... and Cage Sage should do some checking before allowing a rediculous post like this.
If you would like to talk about this in more details, contact us directly at cagesage@backofthecage.com. If you think that the post is in the wrong, send us an attributed e-mail and we will review your information.

Articles that originate with BOTC staffers are researched and fact-checked before posting.
Listen everyone stop Jim K is a good guy and an old friend.
He is dedicated to his kids and the game.
Regarding the organization being disloyal that's 100% not true
Please check all the facts
Jim K good luck to you. You know where we left off.

Jesters founder
Jesters posted addtional try out dates
This Statement below is absolutely not true, and Cage Sage should do some checking before allowing a rediculous post like this. Jim K has only coached his town team and for the express.
He is a great guy and seemed committed to every kid and Parent he had on his team always. Just so you know he was asked to coach for our orgainization and choose not to make a change.
If you or your son would not miss him it just means you never played for him or you are just cluless.

He will not be missed

Please check your facts, although I agree with your point, I am confident that Jim K has never coached Express, the guy is 100% about the kids and I will follow him anywhere he goes as long as my son is lucky enough to get him as a coach.
Since they held tryouts already and then they sent out letters to those registered saying they had picked their teams. One can assume that this is to push their "developmental program" which they sent along to those that did not make it. For all the bashing everyone does of the bigger clubs; my impression is that they are trying to make a bit more tryout fees also and push MDP training.
Since they held tryouts already and then they sent out letters to those registered saying they had picked their teams. One can assume that this is to push their "developmental program" which they sent along to those that did not make it. For all the bashing everyone does of the bigger clubs; my impression is that they are trying to make a bit more tryout fees also and push MDP training.

Or maybe now that 91 and a few of the other programs are done with their invites (or will be soon) they want to see if they can get the best of the rest. Since a few of their first picks may have originally said no because they were waiting on the other clubs.

for the record I dont think there is a problem with that, there is always somewhere for a child to play. Sometimes the timing of the tryouts and committments do not let you find the right fit for your child.
Is this for B/C team slots ?
If yo recived a notice to play for the MDP team. You probaly belongs in that program.
I recieved the same notice. i am going to attend the try out and meet the MDP coaches
Sounds like a good program
The flyer had some good information.
I believe it will be for B plus players. They only have one team per age group.
Wasn't at tryouts, just asking about team openings. By looking at your grammar skills, you probably belong in a GED program. Why would you insult kids/parents who maybe don't have the skills to make top teams ?
They sent notices to everyone? That's funny because I know a couple people who haven't heard crap since the tryouts. To receive an email that states "due to overwhelming response they are having another tryout" when we haven't heard anything about the results of the first is kind of a slap in the face. The total lack of communication with this club is unprofessional. This is by far one of the worst experiences we've had with a club. Every other team we have played with has always been completely accessible and kept everyone equally informed.
They sent notices to everyone? That's funny because I know a couple people who haven't heard crap since the tryouts. To receive an email that states "due to overwhelming response they are having another tryout" when we haven't heard anything about the results of the first is kind of a slap in the face. The total lack of communication with this club is unprofessional. This is by far one of the worst experiences we've had with a club. Every other team we have played with has always been completely accessible and kept everyone equally informed.

I too would take it as a slap in the face, but i guess the reality is they are waiting to see what else is available. Due to many changes at other programs. If you make the team you will be happy that they are trying to take the best available players just not any player trying out.

I understand you want "closure" but if your son wants to play for them - call them. See where your son stands if nothing else see if you can go to the added tryout (of course without paying since you already paid once) and see how your child's talents are compared to the added players who respond.

and If you didnt make that developmental squad, maybe it is becuase your child is inbetween. better than developing players and you would be bored and not as good as a team.
I have called several times as well as sent several emails with no response from anyone. This is not a case of us just sitting back and not being proactive, this is a club's complete lack of professionalism. Other parents are experiencing the same problems so this is not a case of one kid slipping through the cracks.
I have called several times as well as sent several emails with no response from anyone. This is not a case of us just sitting back and not being proactive, this is a club's complete lack of professionalism. Other parents are experiencing the same problems so this is not a case of one kid slipping through the cracks.

This is not unique to the Jesters. Most teams either post roster/invites on website and/or send email that you made the team. All organizations are busy with tryouts for many age groups and getting fall practices started for newly formed teams. Unfortunately, I can only imagine the selected teams are the priority. Having been around awhile and with friends that have played many clubs and attended many tryouts I know of none that send out word that you were not accepted. That said, my sons and I have been in your shoes, I agree with having a sense of closure however that is not the norm. Be positive with your son, work hard and attend more tryouts. He will find a fit and have a team to play on. Best of luck.
I recieved an e mail suggesting a developmental program. I looked into the program I feel its a great fit for my son. I spoke with the Jesters. They have one team per age group ( excluding the 2016 age group ) I would just call them.
What happens when a club sends an e mail to a player and the player or players tell them they are trying out for multiple teams. They ask the club wait for a answer. I am new to this travel lacrosse. I have friends that ask the clubs to wait.
You do make a point in regards to notification. If it is valid or not, well...that is not my call. I can tell you from personal experience that it really stinks to watch your son/daughter try-out....put themselves "out there", and then left hanging in the breeze. If I can give you some advice on dealing with the situation, I think it will be of some help. I personally have never played lacrosse, but I did play football right through college. My son plays both lax and football. You need to drop the anger of not hearing from the club. It is not going to get your son on the team. Most clubs do not notify you if you didn't make it, although it would be nice. The best thing to do, is first praise and congratulate your child for trying something that puts him/her in harms way. This game is rough and not for everyone. Tell him/her straight that you don't think they made the team, but try to help them get better by putting the stick in their hand and praticing. I'm glad the tryouts are competitive....this is sports and it needs to be competitive. Of course you want the kids to grow and develop, but let's be honest....they said on the flyer they were looking for "quality" not "quantity"......Every kid desereves to play...but not all will make an elite level team....it is up to the kids to practice and the parents to seek out the appropriate program......Im so tired of the sense of entitlement mentality....it is crippling our youth.........Be happy that the kids have the courage to try, and do your best to develop.......my son did not make any team last year....he worked his butt off on his own and made a team this year........lesson learned....work hard and results will come with anything you do........Hope this helps
It's just disappointing to have heard such great things about this organization only to be treated like a 2nd class citizen. I understand not letting everyone know the results, but to not return phone calls and emails, it's just a bit much.
We have moved on to other teams and will never return to this team nor recommand it to anyone else.
I just want to one last time state, that this is not a case of a parent being mad because thier child did not make the team, it's a case of a parent being mad about being blatantly ignored by the organiztion while reading and hearing first hand that others have reached out and gotten a response.
My best of luck to those who did make the team for a great season.
Are the Jesters having another round of tryouts? I received an e-mail stating "due to overwhelming response" they are having a second round of tryouts. Now it's not on the web-site anymore. Maybe to many complaints....
Are the Jesters having another round of tryouts? I received an e-mail stating "due to overwhelming response" they are having a second round of tryouts. Now it's not on the web-site anymore. Maybe to many complaints....
BOTC spoke in detail this morning with Rich Nessim regarding several topics in this Jesters thread and more topics that have recently come up in the lacrosse world.

BOTC understands that the Jesters would like to establish a developmental program to get younger players ready for travel lacrosse.

Expect that the club would like to offer additional options for players at some point in the near future.
Let's be honest here. They are looking for disgruntled quality players that were put on the B and C teams at other clubs. Not a bad business move. They just need to clarify what their intent is.
Let's be honest here. They are looking for disgruntled quality players that were put on the B and C teams at other clubs. Not a bad business move. They just need to clarify what their intent is.

"They just need to clarify their intent" why?

Isn't it obvious? Demand for place to play..Have tryouts, form teams, play lacrosse.

Do programs need to clarify their intent more than that?
What if a parent/player who hasn't made one of these travel teams comes down this weekend to tryout and it's decided that he is talented enough to play with there A team. What do they do with him? Will the parents that were already selected for a team and had to put a deposit down to secure a spot and not be allowed to tryout anywhere else feel they were mislead? The Jesters did put the new tryout dates on the website when the e-mail went out but its no longer up. Are they having it or not? No answer from the club.
What if a parent/player who hasn't made one of these travel teams comes down this weekend to tryout and it's decided that he is talented enough to play with there A team. What do they do with him? Will the parents that were already selected for a team and had to put a deposit down to secure a spot and not be allowed to tryout anywhere else feel they were mislead? The Jesters did put the new tryout dates on the website when the e-mail went out but its no longer up. Are they having it or not? No answer from the club.

Changing the website to suit themselves is a classic Jester move. They did it last year with the 4th grade program they were giving one set of things before the money was paid and then a significantly less amount of stuff after. They changed the website to reflect new plan. If I were you I would copy the webpage when you register. LOL
They did it with the 4th Grade is true. The end of Spring they took a bunch of Wantagh Kids with coaches who have coached in Jesters before and back filled the roster off there other team and entered them in tournaments
Changing the website to suit themselves is a classic Jester move. They did it last year with the 4th grade program they were giving one set of things before the money was paid and then a significantly less amount of stuff after. They changed the website to reflect new plan. If I were you I would copy the webpage when you register. LOL
To be fair, this is a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, readers would complain if they were looking at old data; on the other hand, there are complaints that the site is updated without an announcement. The key point is trying to reflect that there was any update at all.

In all seriousness, if an e-mail was done, an update showing a change of status is always the best course of action and what we typically try to do for our readers here on BOTC.
I just looked at the web site they still have the tryout posted. Are you looking at the right site. Hit f5 to refresh your computer when you are on the site.
You have no idea what you are talking about LOL
So your saying kids from the Jesters played with another team in tournaments and your point being.
Good point
Note that BOTC has "got the goods" on the Sunday, September 30th additional tryout for the Jesters program. (Remember, we mentioned that we were working with the Jesters program to bring our readers the updated information as soon as it was available!) See the BOTC Tryouts Forum for the latest Long Island Jesters tryout information or visit their web site (click on the content island entry along the right side of the display).
Point being the team played under the Jester name with players that were not on there initial Jester team and the players on the initial Jester team were left off and didnt get to play in tournament. So they pick and choose and can do this again in spring
Note that BOTC has "got the goods" on the Sunday, September 30th additional tryout for the Jesters program. (Remember, we mentioned that we were working with the Jesters program to bring our readers the updated information as soon as it was available!) See the BOTC Tryouts Forum for the latest Long Island Jesters tryout information or visit their web site (click on the content island entry along the right side of the display).

I wonder if they will get a lot of top players that walked away from the $2400 bill handed to them at express.
Point being the team played under the Jester name with players that were not on there initial Jester team and the players on the initial Jester team were left off and didnt get to play in tournament. So they pick and choose and can do this again in spring

If they play the set tournaments with your sons team (they do give you a list of tournament) and then choose to play other tournaments with another team of kids from that age group then tough. They are giving you what they advertised if you want your child to play in those other tournaments make sure he trains year round. Key in any program is winning winning brings players if your son helps contribute to wins he will always be looked for if not too bad this isn't town ball these people aren't here to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

If they play the set tournaments with your sons team (they do give you a list of tournament) and then choose to play other tournaments with another team of kids from that age group then tough. They are giving you what they advertised if you want your child to play in those other tournaments make sure he trains year round. Key in any program is winning winning brings players if your son helps contribute to wins he will always be looked for if not too bad this isn't town ball these people aren't here to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

May not apply to this team, grade or situation but take warning!!!

That is not entirely true, even if your son is a key contributor to a teams success and a top player, they may be left behind. This happens when the coach is an unscrupulous parent or an unscrupulous parent leading the charge behind the scenes.

As mom says, Look both ways before you cross the street (because you might get steamrolled). While at these tryouts, make sure you look at who is there. If you see a parent who coached another elite team be leary why they are on there.

Whats with the Jesters, what are they trying to hide? Why are the old tryout dates still front and center on the web page and not the new tryout dates for this weekend? All of the links including the one mentioned does not bring you to the page you posted. Not ady to harp on it but it just sounds like they are trying to hide something and I feel they mislead the parents with kids who made the team and had to put $500 deposits down within days of being notified. That prevented the ones who played by the rules..not to be able to tryout elsewhere but now we find out we could have. I cant stand the way this clubs operates alreany and I'm with them now till the summer.
Whats with the Jesters, what are they trying to hide? Why are the old tryout dates still front and center on the web page and not the new tryout dates for this weekend? All of the links including the one mentioned does not bring you to the page you posted. Not ady to harp on it but it just sounds like they are trying to hide something and I feel they mislead the parents with kids who made the team and had to put $500 deposits down within days of being notified. That prevented the ones who played by the rules..not to be able to tryout elsewhere but now we find out we could have. I cant stand the way this clubs operates alreany and I'm with them now till the summer.
BOTC has been working directly with the Jesters - the tryout details for Sunday, September 30th are what we see on the Jesters main home page right now. Use the Jesters link along the right side of the BOTC screen - the revised tryouts details are front and center.
BOTC has been working directly with the Jesters - the tryout details for Sunday, September 30th are what we see on the Jesters main home page right now. Use the Jesters link along the right side of the BOTC screen - the revised tryouts details are front and center.

Using the link on the right side of the page- when I click on Jesters- I still see the old dates. I wonder why it shows for some and not others? Just a heads up- not everyone may be seeing the new dates.
Maybe it's something with my computer then but I still see all the old dates. Thank you for checking.
Maybe it's something with my computer then but I still see all the old dates. Thank you for checking.
Use "F5" on your keyboard to force the refresh of the web page. If that still does not display the September 30th details, you can find the information on the BOTC Tryouts Forum.

Note that if you click on the "Find Out More" link at the bottom of the home page, you will be taken to the original (older) tryouts from earlier in the month.
Hit your refresh button the new date has been posted on the website. No one is hiding anything its going to rain all weekend. Look at the forecast. Call Rich to discuss your concerns. I am sure he will explain the details to you.
They change the dates of tryouts to make as much $$and as possible. The 2015 tryouts were scheduled in early september and then they pushed it back to mid november. Probably didnt get enough kids wanting to play for them after what happened last summer. Would have been a low turnout. So they move it to november and get whatever kids kids are left that didnt make other travel clubs. Just want as much money as they can get their hands on. They will have very few returning players.
The jesters are bottom feeders. They change the dates of tryouts to make as much $$and as possible. The 2015 tryouts were scheduled in early september and then they pushed it back to mid november. Probably didnt get enough kids wanting to play for them after what happened last summer. Would have been a low turnout. So they move it to november and get whatever kids kids are left that didnt make other travel clubs. Just want as much money as they can get their hands on. They will have very few returning players.

Considering they added teams to their overall program and at many age levels I would say perhaps your statement lacks some accuracy.
You are 100% incorrect. Kids have football. I am sure the majority of the kids will return when the roster is finalized. They will send it to you oh they cannot you are hiding behind a e mail. Good luck to you and your son
They change the dates of tryouts to make as much $$and as possible. The 2015 tryouts were scheduled in early september and then they pushed it back to mid november. Probably didnt get enough kids wanting to play for them after what happened last summer. Would have been a low turnout. So they move it to november and get whatever kids kids are left that didnt make other travel clubs. Just want as much money as they can get their hands on. They will have very few returning players.

Most tryouts for 2015 are late November. Maybe it was just a misprint. Or is that thinking too hard.

Does anyone have an idea about how much it cost for the Jesters Spring season. My son made the one of the teams for next year summer and i wonder how expensive the spring season will be as well
Does anyone have an idea about how much it cost for the Jesters Spring season. My son made the one of the teams for next year summer and i wonder how expensive the spring season will be as well

Assume it will be their standard spring league - about $2000 for the team last year- @ 23 kids per head lets round up to $90 + whatever cost Jesters will add on top of that if not already covered in their season tuition for coaches costs, etc...

Last year spring was included in the tuition, check the website to be sure for this year though.
I'm new to the Jesters this year but from what the parents that played last year are saying, things are a little different this year. Last year there were two different prices if you committed to the summer the spring was one price but if you didn’t play in the summer than the spring price was much more. Does anybody know where the Jesters have the winter program at $375 for six two hour sessions? Want to know before I sign-up.

Originally Posted by LaxMom1310

Last year spring was included in the tuition, check the website to be sure for this year though.
Syosset at the Hub
Good showing by the 2017 Group this past weekend. Way to go boys.
Does anyone know what is going on with Jesters 2018 teams? My son made the team but hasn't heard anything.
What is your sons name?
Call the club they had practice
I have called the club. I've emailed the club. I've texted the club. Nobody responds. I spoke with the coach who said the roster came from the organization. It's very troubling that no-one will get back to me, yet I have an email inviting me to join the team but my son is not on the roster. Interestingly enough that roster has already been changed at least once since it was posted. I don't know what to do at this point. It's been almost 2 weeks since I made my first contact with the director. I've emailed and left voice messages numerous times. No word since then. I figured I'd see if there are any others who haven't been contacted. My son was invited after the first tryout and we committed to the team, paid, and passed on tryouts with other teams. There was a second tryout and suddenly everything appears to have changed.
I have called the club. I've emailed the club. I've texted the club. Nobody responds. I spoke with the coach who said the roster came from the organization. It's very troubling that no-one will get back to me, yet I have an email inviting me to join the team but my son is not on the roster. Interestingly enough that roster has already been changed at least once since it was posted. I don't know what to do at this point. It's been almost 2 weeks since I made my first contact with the director. I've emailed and left voice messages numerous times. No word since then. I figured I'd see if there are any others who haven't been contacted. My son was invited after the first tryout and we committed to the team, paid, and passed on tryouts with other teams. There was a second tryout and suddenly everything appears to have changed.
Drop us an e-mail here at BOTC via cagesage@backofthecage.com. We will get you in touch with the Jesters staff within an hour.
Welcome to doing buisness with the Jesters!!!!
Sagecage

I believe the issue has been resolved. If this the same player from the other night I spoke with parents Saturday night. I will check with them to make sure tommorrow.
Get a life
I believe the issue has been resolved. If this the same player from the other night I spoke with parents Saturday night. I will check with them to make sure tommorrow.
Good news - thank you for the confirmation. Hopefully, you all came through Superstorm Sandy unscathed aside from power as with 90% of Long Island.
My son plays defense for the 2020 5th grade team. He only started playing lax last year with our PAL team. Coach Jim Byrns is one of the best coaches around. The progress my son made from just the beginning of the spring season to the end of the season is phenomenal and all due to Coach Byrns. My son tried out for the summer team and did not make it originally. He was devastated, but we got a call from the coach a week later that he wanted him on the team. I'm new to how this whole tryout thing works & doesn't work, but I'm glad we can come back to get coached by Jim for another year.
The Jesters motto "its not about quantity its about quality"

Have a Happy thanksgiving !!!!!!!!
Will the jesters have a summer camp? What week?
Who are the coaches for the 7th grade team? Thanks
The coaches for the 7th grade Jester team are parents of 3 of the kids on the team. Great guys and coaches really dedicated to the kids in trying to make them better lax players but just as important as that is they are showing them how to be good young men.. My son is having a great time playing for them..
If burns is your sons coach run for the hills...
Byrns doesn't coach the 7th grade Jesters.
If burns is your sons coach run for the hills...

Stop the hating nonsense.
heard that they 30 kids on 8th grade team at JDRF today
That's the jesters for you. All about money!

The B team had 29 and the A team had about the same. Greediest of all the organizations. And that says a lot!

Complete lie. My son is on that team and we have 24 kids on the roster. Stop trying to create drama where there is none. Get your facts straight before you start nonsense. Go get a life...

The B team had 29 and the A team had about the same. Greediest of all the organizations. And that says a lot!

Not sure about A squad but B squad had 27 position players and 2 goalies at JDRF.
Why doesn't Jesters go to Tri-State? If you are 12-0-1 you sound like a good team. Play with the big boy's and see what happens. UMass??? The only reason teams go to UMass is to duck the competition at Tri-State.

Advice from a true under achiever who is trying to live vicariously through his child. Your child must love it when our screaming at the top of your lungs from the sideline what he should be doing on the field.
I heard the u-15 national team is supposed to be good. What do u guys know about them
They should win it.
Whose the talent on the team
Who's ducking? All Jesters teams are in Tri State!

Tri State is not what it is cracked up to be anymore. Many of the top teams are going to NXT Philly Invitational that weekend.
Most of the 2016 Team left for other clubs, at the end of the 2012 summer season. So I guess they were able to fill in with good players.

Tri State is not what it is cracked up to be anymore. Many of the top teams are going to NXT Philly Invitational that weekend.

It still draws very good teams from all over the Tri State. Last years tournament was stacked. Just because some of the Long Island Clubs have decided not to do it doesnt mean its not going to draw some other very good teams from around the country. Well see.
Why is 2016 jesters in Jv at NYLA?
Why is 2016 jesters in Jv at NYLA?

Seniors and Juniors in Varsity
2014 - rising seniors
2015 - rising juniors

Sophomores in JV
2016 - rising sophomores
2017 - rising freshman, only one team entered...

Makes sence to me to play in your appropriate age bracket, especially in a recruiting tournament. Unless the team is just so over loaded with talent that they can play up and compete. ie Turtles.
This is an oldddd thread but it’s the only thing that came up, my daughter just tried out and made Jesters 2033 girls black team… anyone know anything about the younger girl jesters teams ??
2018 Jesters! Great team!
Happy with the 2031 team
2030 is legit team … lots of kids at tryouts
Happy my son made it
Chill out lady
Not sure if Jesters management reads this but on the girls side, would like to better understand what is the intention for the BLUE designation as an A team. Seems to be a lot of mixed messages from different folks and on this board but would be great to message your relevant families to better manage expectations. You’ve also ask us to commit a decent dollar amount to your program so would be great to reciprocate with some clarity for what it means to be on one of these Blue teams. All that has been communicated to us is that Black is AA and Blue is A. Hope to hear from you soon.

Signed,
New families to Jesters lax club
Not sure if Jesters management reads this but on the girls side, would like to better understand what is the intention for the BLUE designation as an A team. Seems to be a lot of mixed messages from different folks and on this board but would be great to message your relevant families to better manage expectations. You’ve also ask us to commit a decent dollar amount to your program so would be great to reciprocate with some clarity for what it means to be on one of these Blue teams. All that has been communicated to us is that Black is AA and Blue is A. Hope to hear from you soon.

Signed,

As an outsider with no affiliation to Jesters it sounds pretty clear. If you are on Black you're considered elite. If your on Blue your the rest.

Signed,

As an outsider with no affiliation to Jesters it sounds pretty clear. If you are on Black you're considered elite. If your on Blue your the rest.

As an “outsider” it sounds pretty clear your opinion is irrelevant

Signed,

As an “outsider” it sounds pretty clear your opinion is irrelevant

Truth hurts. Don't be salty just hit the wall and practice those ground balls.
Only the elite on their AA Jesters teams get recruited to play college lacrosse? Lots of rookie parents here with their first kid that are in for a rude awakening. Yes, if your kid has aspirations of going to an elite D1 school to chase the full time job of college lacrosse, yes they should be on the Jesters AA team, all other kids or referred to above, as the “rest”, will do amazing things other than lacrosse, while likely having plenty of lacrosse options if they choose.

Signed,

Black is a top 10 team in the nation and plays in top brackets.
Blue is not even top 100 and plays in bottom bracket.

Doesn't matter if you call it AAA, AA or A. Teams in completely different worlds.

We followed them for 1 game in Maryland cup so I watched the second half of one of their games. Pretty safe to say not a single girl on that team could throw and catch at the level you would need to play college lacrosse of even on one of the top 10 team on Long Island.

Girls seems to get along well and have a good time, which is something. Definitely more cheering on the sideline that Jesters Black or YJA.
Only the elite on their AA Jesters teams get recruited to play college lacrosse? Lots of rookie parents here with their first kid that are in for a rude awakening. Yes, if your kid has aspirations of going to an elite D1 school to chase the full time job of college lacrosse, yes they should be on the Jesters AA team, all other kids or referred to above, as the “rest”, will do amazing things other than lacrosse, while likely having plenty of lacrosse options if they choose.

Still need grades to get into the Ivies…Jesters AA, YJA, and Top guns aren’t gonna help you there
Gotta love the dad spying on one half of lacrosse and proclaiming none of the girls can play college lacrosse. When did Jesters surpass Yellow Jackets as the lighting rod?
Fear the Clown

Still need grades to get into the Ivies…Jesters AA, YJA, and Top guns aren’t gonna help you there

Really? My daughter played for TG and was offered a spot on 3 Ivies, as did several other of her teammates. Plenty of YJ Ivies too. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

Really? My daughter played for TG and was offered a spot on 3 Ivies, as did several other of her teammates. Plenty of YJ Ivies too. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

False: You must qualify academically. There is 1 Ivy league school commit the last 4 years on the TG commit list. You’re gonna say she was offered but we don’t believe you. Tough getting in from west babylon high, coram, lindenhurst high… or where your base is from.
Ivy not ideal destination for most, very little if any money available, better for the wealthy smart kid
In the past four committed classes from TG (21-24) I see (3) Ivies. In 2019 I see (3) and in 2018 I see (4). Not to mention I see other great schools like UVA, Duke, Stanford, UNC, Amherst, Skidmore, MIT, Northwestern...etc. Keep up the good work
Jesters Blue was new last year offered in 3 grades. This year they are expanding and although they are not at the black level they have gotten better and will be put in better tournaments. My daughter really enjoys the blue team, competetive and fun. And she has no desire to play in college. Imagine that- playing club ball for the experience and not just for the recruiting
In the past four committed classes from TG (21-24) I see (3) Ivies. In 2019 I see (3) and in 2018 I see (4). Not to mention I see other great schools like UVA, Duke, Stanford, UNC, Amherst, Skidmore, MIT, Northwestern...etc. Keep up the good work

My bad, think I see it now. Seems to have been buried between all of the SUNY New Paltz, East Stroudsberg and the Marist’s. Best of luck xoxo

My bad, think I see it now. Seems to have been buried between all of the SUNY New Paltz, East Stroudsberg and the Marist’s. Best of luck xoxo

Perhaps they were buried, unfortunately not every young lady can go to the Ivies or even the top academic schools or lacrosse schools of their choice. There are many factors that play into it. Why would you look down on those schools you listed? East Stroudsburg has been one of the top D2 teams the past few years and I am sure the ladies that played on those teams could care less about the Ivies. I hope your daughter is a superstar on the field and in the classroom so she can pick a school of her choice. Enjoy it all, it comes and goes so fast
Wow what’s wrong with you? You’re a parent and have an attitude like this? You should be ashamed! I fee for your kids. Those schools are fine….not everyone’s dream or reality is to play for an ivy or a d1 top school.
Hi- New to the Jesters club on the girls side and she is on one of the middle school aged teams.

Who are generally the coaches? Parents? Trainers? How have you liked the training?

Thank you.

I feel terrible for those SUNY, E Stroudsburg and Marist kids. They are missing out of wearing a top DI jersey while standing on the sidelines for 2 years with the other 40 girls.
Because of you play aD1 school with a roster of 40, you always play? It’s diff? The parents on this site are nuts. Worry about your own kid and stop knocking other kids choices.
Because of you play aD1 school with a roster of 40, you always play? It’s diff? The parents on this site are nuts. Worry about your own kid and stop knocking other kids choices.

That is exactly my point. Kids make college choices for a multitude of reasons, and lax may not be the most important factor when starting the path for the rest of their lives. Everyone is so darn judgmental. It drives me fool.
Hi- New to the Jesters club on the girls side and she is on one of the middle school aged teams.

Who are generally the coaches? Parents? Trainers? How have you liked the training?

Thank you.

Daddy coach just like every club except top guns

Thank you.

Daddy coach just like every club except top guns

Ok, Top Gun director. Bad blood between TG and Jesters directors. We get it. Just worry about getting great opportunities for LI girls to play lacrosse and open doors for them to some great colleges. There’s a fit/club for all LI girls to play. Let’s Support them at all the levels of play and clubs they play for! Lets hope they all have great futures ahead and LI lacrosse helped them on their journeys!
Wow, sad that you are someone’s parent!! Any girl playing college lacrosse should be proud, no matter where she plays .
© US Lacrosse Community Forum