Originally Posted by Anonymous
Camps, clinics and prospect days etc are by far the best way to do this, although potentially expensive depending on target schools. The only caveat being to make sure that the schools are good matches abilitywise.

I have a question. For your daughters, would u choose the "best" academic school she could get to thru lax, a combo where school is very good and lax is top ten, or go for the ring at a decent but not top top academic school. To put names on them (and they r all great so I'm not putting a judgement on it) let's say she could go to Harvard/Yale or somewhere like Northwestern or somewhere like Syracuse. What do u choose. All great options but each different experience. Thoughts?
Stanford

Only at Ivies do the girls actually get the education promised. Stanford = Northwestern not Yale/Harvard/Princeton. Basket weaving is basket weaving whether it's at Stanford, Northwestern or anywhere else.

Although basket weaving in California is probably nicer than basket weaving in Evanston.

A four year degree is still a four year degree.

yup. but they r not all created equally, even within a great school. And after ur first job, ur undergrad school name means very little. Basket weaving at Stanford is not as good a degree as say engineering at Michigan. Of course Mommy and daddy don't get to brag that their little suzie went to Stanford, but little suzie might have a better career.

LOL. Do you think that most of these parents are looking that far ahead? Career? Yeah. Sure. Laughing.

LOLing (is that a thing?) w you. No I do not.