Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are you saying pipe down. Thousands of kids will be having a great time playing at shamrock. If its too cold for you and your son, stay home. When all the kids go to school monday, laughing and talking about how they had a great time playing lax, that weekend, your son can say he sat at his kitchen table , nice and warm. There really not much more to say on the topic. When you bought your house on long island, I'm assuming you were aware of ny weather. Dress warm, or don't play. Whatever you decide, nobody cares.

not sure why you are defending it so hard. why are you being the stereo typical bully?

If you are on a team (travel especially) you are not going to say "I am not going". My some still remembers how bad it was over the years.

I could be off a year here is my stab at it.
A few good years at Lesalle academy between 2008-2010 one of those years it was nice but flooded, A hellacious storm another year maybe 2011. Gorgeous weather another year 2012 . Brutally cold and snowy '13 2013. Last year cold but really cold in the am.

There are one or two games that are fun for the kids then it gets to be a waste. Lets be honest depending on the time you play depends on the fun factor.

When many bought their house on LI lax was not a factor and neither did they didn't think any sport was a 10 months out of a year proposition.

There is a time and place for everything. When the weather is descent it is a good tournament. Just like anything, one or two factors can dramatically change anyones opinion except maybe yours.