Originally Posted by Anonymous
These early recruiting coaches will be doing a resume before the U-13 commits are shaving more than once a week. I am 45 years old, about what a college coach would be. Must be at some level humiliating for them to be doing this musical chairs for spots thing with 8th or 9th graders. Seemed like last year Dom Starsia complained about how embarrassing it is to watch 9th graders play lacrosse. No wait; that was last year. Good for kids and families to get a college opportunity. Not so good for the coaches who will be stuck with kids who may or may not develop in the next 4-5 years before they even get to college.

Recently spoke to an asst coach at a top ACC school who's program is "very concerned about their early commits". Yet it keeps on going... Absolute insane process, best of luck and congrats to the kids. They can only work within the system.

Yup- I'm sure you DID talk to asst acc coach - trying to get him to look at ur pathetic son. It's incredible the asinine things grown people say!!!!

Moron, why the personal attack??? My son is in a great spot, thanks.
Lacrosse is a small world. Think about it. I'm very sorry you have trouble with the truth. By the way, I didn't say it, THE COACH DID! Did I reveal the school? No. Did I reveal any individual recruit? NO. Did I reveal a particular grad year? NO.
It was a perfectly pertinent comment from the inside on early recruiting, something you should be thankful I shared with you.
Something you should keep in mind, when and if your son is ever lucky enough to get noticed. If he's already committed, then keep your eyes wide open.
I guess in your world it couldn't be possible that a recruit doesn't continue to develop the way a particular school would hope. Personally, I feel for the kids, way too much pressure.