Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for information on how how I find out about a prospect camp for a college my son is interested in.

I will not go to my son's club coach or director to ask and he is not yet in HS, so I cannot ask the varsity coach.

If anyone is willing to take the time to list the steps to take to research a college prospect camp, it would be appreciated.

I understand they fill up quickly once the registration is posted.

many ways to do this -
#1) fill out the online recruiting questionnaire on the schools web site, that will give the college coaches your e-mail address and they can send you info on the prospect camps.

#2) send an e-mail to the college coaches saying you are interested in the school and would like to go to the prospect day, again that will give them your e-mail so you can be added to the list.

Colleges can not give preferential treatment to a kid they are interested in and all kids are supposed to get a fair shot at signing up but the e-mails for the prospect days are sent in waves and you want to be in the first wave of e-mails and your best bet is by having your club coach contact the college staff and let them know you are interested.

IMHO if you are not a stud player, top 3-4 players on a top club team don't worry to much about the prospect camps as a rising 9th grader unless it is absolutely your #1 dream school, you will have plenty of time to spend your money when the schools are filling their rosters.