Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone get an invite to the great state showdown? Some Usa today partnership with 3d they are promoting for this summer?

$200 try out fee and according to the email, only inviting 50 boys per grade for each state...

I think this may be the first year, but any feed back or experience is helpful.

It is a first, doesn't state only inviting 50 players, the letter states "Congratulations! You have been identified as one of the 50 best players in New [lacrosse]." Does not state anywhere that only 50 players will be invited. Personally, if only 50 players were invited, I would jump at the chance since they probably work with both HS and club coach to identify if the player is truly talented. Yes, we got the letter.

The website seemed pretty clear on this point to me...call me what you like, but we accepted the invite. If more than 50 players in this age are at the try-out, I am getting my $200 back...

Club coach said to his knowledge, only 50 boys will be present.

From Web--
Featuring a state- and grade-based format and an invitational tryout process, the Great State Showdown will bring together the most skilled and dedicated players in each of the competing states. Through extensive research and communication with high school and club coaches across the country, the 50 most promising players, including you, in the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 graduating classes have been identified and invited to tryout for the chance to represent their respective state.