BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 86 of 144 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

…on any given A team there are likely only 5 or 6 kids that are actually good enough to ultimately get recruited to a good school program….

They are selling a dream, You are the one's buying into the dream for $3k a year. Unless your kid is a top ten kid on the best team your club offers by 7th grade, save the $ for tutors and play town ball.

Do you really think spending the xtra $50 for shooting or dodging practice will make your kid into the next early recruit?

Agree with 'selling a dream' but I'd like to think there's more to playing club lax being recruited by top D1 programs…such as skills development, competitive play and college lax outside the Top 25 programs. The sport is growing so rapidly, expanding to non-traditional states, etc. that the demand for players of all levels makes the costs of tryouts/club/tourney fees 'worthwhile'. As a 2019 dad, I'm hopeful that 7th/8th graders are still able to jump levels (i.e., B to A player, A to AA, AA to top recruit, etc.). What's scary is that recruiting/commitments are happening so early (see 2018 commits) that makes pre-HS development/ exposure much more critical…so why not buy into the dream?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son plays for another program. no axe to grind. your comments was just rude you Manhasset [lacrosse]. Yes, I know who you are.

Excuse me. There are no pricks in Manhasset. Never has been, never will be. Salt of the earth. That is all.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ok since this is open now I would like to ask a question please no rude or demoralizing answers just honest opinions. 2018 express offer for the B team first time ever trying out for this team. He has played last 3 yrs on another teams A team Does Express ever move young men with some talent up or down from B to A and A to B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son plays for another program. no axe to grind. your comments was just rude you Manhasset [lacrosse]. Yes, I know who you are.

Excuse me. There are no pricks in Manhasset. Never has been, never will be. Salt of the earth. That is all.

That's because they are all sissy's. Go to another town if you have a [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by RelaxDad
Ok since this is open now I would like to ask a question please no rude or demoralizing answers just honest opinions. 2018 express offer for the B team first time ever trying out for this team. He has played last 3 yrs on another teams A team Does Express ever move young men with some talent up or down from B to A and A to B?

There are moves every year. never seen a player get moved down during the year. have seen players move up, but rare. 2018 is pretty stacked and tough to crack.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have seen kids get moved down but never during the year. Have never seen a kid get moved up during the year. That's not going to happen and don't believe it if its put out as a "possibility". If you are not on the A team you should not spend an A-team tuition. Why buy a Ford Fiesta for the price of a Lamborghini? Trust me from experience, walk away...fast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are moves every year. never seen a player get moved down during the year. have seen players move up, but rare. 2018 is pretty stacked and tough to crack.

The concern is that on the 2nd team your son will see zero college coaches. The B teams don't go to showcases. You have to do all the work and get him into the individual ones. And ask yourself if you got one yet to Philly or Maverick. Those invites are out and I believe a lot of those invites are based who and where you play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The concern is that on the 2nd team your son will see zero college coaches. The B teams don't go to showcases. You have to do all the work and get him into the individual ones. And ask yourself if you got one yet to Philly or Maverick. Those invites are out and I believe a lot of those invites are based who and where you play.

It is my understanding that the 2018 B team is doing a bunch of showcases this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is my understanding that the 2018 B team is doing a bunch of showcases this year.

Play on another teams A team. You will get zero attention on B team. Not knocking the Express, just what it is. Also, you need to think about what tourns he'll be playing in? If playing in B bracket, very few if any coaches will be watching. If playing in A bracket you get the benefit of coaches coming to see other kids on your team, as well as the kids on the team your team plays. All about exposure. On the flip side, if your son has no D1 college aspirations and wants to maybe play D3, then go where ever you want. The d3 process begins summer between soph and jr year and most offers happen following summer or early fall of senior year. Hope that helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he did not make the "A" team then I would think it is a good chance he is not going to be a 9th grade D1 recruit. don't worry about what showcases or recruiting tourney's he goes to this year just concentrate on getting better and go to prospect days, no politics on who goes to those, just who got their check in first. still plenty of 10th and 11th graders signing with D1 programs. Get Bigger, Stronger, Faster and better and hit the books, there is a place for everybody.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks for your help We are / have been approached already by a few D1 recruiters As I said he s been on A teams b4 and just wanted to try somewhere new As we all know it's tough to break in on established teams I'm not complaining its a fact Just thought I would put it out there Looks like we will stay A somewhere else Enjoy the season see u on the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for your help We are / have been approached already by a few D1 recruiters As I said he s been on A teams b4 and just wanted to try somewhere new As we all know it's tough to break in on established teams I'm not complaining its a fact Just thought I would put it out there Looks like we will stay A somewhere else Enjoy the season see u on the field

At this age never leave an A team for a 2nd team. And this is all about showcases even if your kid is not ready to be recruited, which mine is not. If you're spending money and not going to at least one showcase you're wasting valuable experience time. Sorry, buy that's my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your kid is already in a good place and on the right road. Stay with the A team and tell him to continue to work hard. GL to him!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay with your Jesters team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play on another teams A team. You will get zero attention on B team. Not knocking the Express, just what it is. Also, you need to think about what tourns he'll be playing in? If playing in B bracket, very few if any coaches will be watching. If playing in A bracket you get the benefit of coaches coming to see other kids on your team, as well as the kids on the team your team plays. All about exposure. On the flip side, if your son has no D1 college aspirations and wants to maybe play D3, then go where ever you want. The d3 process begins summer between soph and jr year and most offers happen following summer or early fall of senior year. Hope that helps.

Zero attention on a B team? That's not true, if you, as a parent, know what you're doing, and put the time and effort into getting your kid recruited. If you contact the coaches, and know how to navigate the process, they absolutely go look at kids on B teams. If you're planning to just sit back, go along for the ride, rely on the club, and expect the coaches to just see your son, then yes, you're right - he better be on an A team, with a top club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that. Last year didn't play in fall or spring. Barely practiced before first tournament. They were treated like a B team for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made the 2022 "A" team this year. This is the first year in club ball. Anyone else new to express this year ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that. Last year didn't play in fall or spring. Barely practiced before first tournament. They were treated like a B team for sure.

B teams don't do showcases. Not because they can't compete, but because these events are invite only and only one team can go. Same for the major individual showcase. The club can only recommend so many kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First org practice and you all can put the 30 kid per roster stuff to bed. Saw 8 teams practicing and no more 20-22 per team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First org practice and you all can put the 30 kid per roster stuff to bed. Saw 8 teams practicing and no more 20-22 per team.

The other 8-10 were at football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today was first practice for 2022. Some kids were not able to make due to other sports conflicts . Seemed well organized . Talent is definately there with the A team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny!

Wait until May buddy.

Always starts with 22.

Obviously first year With program!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you went and counted the players at all the practices! Get a life. You know there will be 30 players. Express always brings in new players during the year. If you can pay you can play, that's their motto.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you went and counted the players at all the practices! Get a life. You know there will be 30 players. Express always brings in new players during the year. If you can pay you can play, that's their motto.

Nope. Just glanced around so hopefully people would stop posting things that they know nothing about. We signed up. If we were wrong, oh well... Just don't understand how people with zero affiliation (either because a child was cut or left for some other reason) to a club would post nonsense. Don't be so bitter over youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have seen kids get moved down but never during the year. Have never seen a kid get moved up during the year. That's not going to happen and don't believe it if its put out as a "possibility". If you are not on the A team you should not spend an A-team tuition. Why buy a Ford Fiesta for the price of a Lamborghini? Trust me from experience, walk away...fast.

They don't move them, they just don't play them. I was mad as [lacrosse] to have my kid play 2 minutes after I drove 4 hours to get to a tournament. Too many kids on the sidelines = little playing time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls here, but here I go anyway --

first practice yesterday with 2022 with Express. I know my kid is not an 'A' team player, but the practice was really a good workout with for him. They (at least at the first practice) worked on good fundamentals which hopefully will build a strong base to help this team be competitive in future tournaments. It was certainly better than some of those speciality clinics that we've been to in the past at other places where you pay a hundred bucks or so and MAYBE a dozen rotations through the drills.

Would I say it's worth the $$$ I'm paying for him to play? The verdict is out on this, but from what I've seen so far, I'm content as they do seem to want to help the boys develop as a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is no longer with Express but I don't understand all the hate. We enjoyed the experience and now have moved on. Don't understand why people can not accept a coaches decision weather they agree with it or not and just move on. No need to bash parents, players, coaches or the organization. In our previous 2 years with Express, we never saw the constant adding of players as the season goes on like some here have posted. If you don't have anything positive to say, just don't say anything!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well now, that's just silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't like my complaint move to the next post.
We have tried out for other teams, clubs in the past and have always gotten a reply either way. This year Outlaws very clearly explained the process to parents and told them they would have a reply by Tues after tryouts and if any questions director took calls Wed. My wife attended express tryouts since I was working and said they never gave parents any information.

As I said from the beginning I wasn't really concerned about him making the team. He made the team I was hoping he would play with. I think that for $100 tryout the least they could do was send an email saying thanks.

Btw this is why I never really post or read this forum because a majority of posters like you are jacoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't like my complaint move to the next post.
We have tried out for other teams, clubs in the past and have always gotten a reply either way. This year Outlaws very clearly explained the process to parents and told them they would have a reply by Tues after tryouts and if any questions director took calls Wed. My wife attended express tryouts since I was working and said they never gave parents any information.

As I said from the beginning I wasn't really concerned about him making the team. He made the team I was hoping he would play with. I think that for $100 tryout the least they could do was send an email saying thanks.

Btw this is why I never really post or read this forum because a majority of posters like you are jacoffs.

I'm an express parent. They don't give you any information because they want to keep you in the dark. At the first practice Sunday - after we have paid $900 for season down payment and fall - they add a bunch of kids to the team who never tried out and can't play - appears to be friends & family crowd. The roster already had too many kids on it and now has way too many even if these new kids could play. All the stories about this program are true. Their lack of transparency is intentional - it's all about the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy just might be the worst guy in all of travel lacrosse from all I have heard. We had a minor experience with him and to be quite honest the man is not forthcoming. He tells people what they want to hear but in the end does what suits him. I watched him play a kid that should not have been on the team let alone play and confirmed it from several sources that it was due to a financial obligation. So when everyone gets on hear and complains about Express it really all goes back to their leader. Fish stinks from the head down !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year was this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy just might be the worst guy in all of travel lacrosse from all I have heard. We had a minor experience with him and to be quite honest the man is not forthcoming. He tells people what they want to hear but in the end does what suits him. I watched him play a kid that should not have been on the team let alone play and confirmed it from several sources that it was due to a financial obligation. So when everyone gets on hear and complains about Express it really all goes back to their leader. Fish stinks from the head down !

It will never change until people take their boys elsewhere. Many of bought into the hype of the logos success. At its inception and for many years after, its success was valid. Now it is a watered down product that generates millions for MC and his cronies. Move on folks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are being naive. They are always adding players. Maybe not in your grade but they certainly did with others. You are lucky to leave while you can. Unfortunately for me I have another year of this garbage as I signed up already only to find out they are adding kids that didn't even go to tryouts. smh.

These guys are just there for the all mighty dollar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are being naive. They are always adding players. Maybe not in your grade but they certainly did with others. You are lucky to leave while you can. Unfortunately for me I have another year of this garbage as I signed up already only to find out they are adding kids that didn't even go to tryouts. smh.

These guys are just there for the all mighty dollar.

What grade are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember 2018 terps started with 22 players last year ended up with 32 players
B-team did not start practice until one week before first tournament. Did nothing till then- MC is ripping you off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B-team did not start practice until one week before first tournament. Did nothing till then- MC is ripping you off.

So if they didn't move these 10 kids up from the B team, where did they come from ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 A & B are practicing together...at least for now. Not sure what the end game is with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if they didn't move these 10 kids up from the B team, where did they come from ?

From anywhere and everywhere....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 A & B are practicing together...at least for now. Not sure what the end game is with that.

The A team parents will have an end to that.

Like Reply Quote
Page 86 of 144 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard