Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by RelaxDad
Ok since this is open now I would like to ask a question please no rude or demoralizing answers just honest opinions. 2018 express offer for the B team first time ever trying out for this team. He has played last 3 yrs on another teams A team Does Express ever move young men with some talent up or down from B to A and A to B?

There are moves every year. never seen a player get moved down during the year. have seen players move up, but rare. 2018 is pretty stacked and tough to crack.

The concern is that on the 2nd team your son will see zero college coaches. The B teams don't go to showcases. You have to do all the work and get him into the individual ones. And ask yourself if you got one yet to Philly or Maverick. Those invites are out and I believe a lot of those invites are based who and where you play.

It is my understanding that the 2018 B team is doing a bunch of showcases this year.

Play on another teams A team. You will get zero attention on B team. Not knocking the Express, just what it is. Also, you need to think about what tourns he'll be playing in? If playing in B bracket, very few if any coaches will be watching. If playing in A bracket you get the benefit of coaches coming to see other kids on your team, as well as the kids on the team your team plays. All about exposure. On the flip side, if your son has no D1 college aspirations and wants to maybe play D3, then go where ever you want. The d3 process begins summer between soph and jr year and most offers happen following summer or early fall of senior year. Hope that helps.

Zero attention on a B team? That's not true, if you, as a parent, know what you're doing, and put the time and effort into getting your kid recruited. If you contact the coaches, and know how to navigate the process, they absolutely go look at kids on B teams. If you're planning to just sit back, go along for the ride, rely on the club, and expect the coaches to just see your son, then yes, you're right - he better be on an A team, with a top club.