Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Team Registration is Now Open for the East Coast Showdown & Lehigh Lax Fest!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 03/07/21 06:41 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 03/07/21 06:31 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 11:20 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 10:13 PM
True Annapolis
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 10:12 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,275
Posts283,563
Members2,244
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53032 02/13/14 08:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Please tell us your are not serious. I know a lot
of the turtles players personally. As skilled and
great lax players as they are, they would get
Beat up physically by a varsity team. Stop putting
them up there. Not mature enough to handle
It. I know you'll say they beat some already,
Most of those varsity teams had their players playing
Varsity football or Varsity soccer. Not freshmen
football and freshmen soccer. Big difference.
So please stop with this nonsense already. They
Are GREAT 2017 players. And that's the class they
should be compared to.

They may get a physical game from a modern varsity program and games would be close. They would run circles around your varsity team from yesteryear.
My varsity team from the lat 80's had 2 hall of famers on it, do you really thick your son could beat us?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #53042 02/13/14 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be a child saying this nonsense!!!!
The varsity teams of yesteryear would also beat
the 2017's of today. Please stop. I coach a prominent
2017 team and wish to remain anonymous.
Been around the game a long time. Been there and
done it. The varsity teams as you call it of "yesteryear"
would beat them and beat them handily. End this
conversation.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53043 02/13/14 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
conversation.

why remain anonymous?
What are your personal credentials?
Revisionist historians are all over the net. At least the kids of today have legit credentials that can be verified on line.
Face it...your glory days are over and BTW, what prominent team are you bringing to current glory?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53044 02/13/14 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I played then and I have watched now, I think it depends on which era's equipment and rules you use. In the 80's we cleared the crease by running through guys, you cant play that way anymore. todays sticks dont drop the ball much and the shots are a lot faster and harder. The athletes are the same

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53046 02/13/14 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real question is do you/they think Varsity programs of Yesteryear 80-90 could beat todays varsity programs.

IMHO, I don't think so. While cks got the ball out more and thats more of an equipment rule. The Team Skill and speed will beat out Skill and Size. Also IMHO that brusing intimidation play no longer exists due to rules and safety not choice of play.

Speed kills ya. Size just hurts you!!!

What say you any placid players.

conversation.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #53053 02/13/14 03:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now you sound like a petty little person. Your still
saying a 14 yr old will beat a 17 - 18 yr old. Amazing!!!
I guess you win this argument. Congrats. The turtles
and the dukes of today would beat the ward melvilles,
garden city's, massapequa's, farmingdale's, yorktown's
and west genesee's of the 80's. Also the chaminade's
and st Anthony's. Do you realize how silly you sound now?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53054 02/13/14 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today's varsity would beat 80's varsity. Hands down.
Played then. All the credentials you could receive.
Coach now. Today is better. NOT the 9th graders
beating a varsity team though. Sorry. Can't give you that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53059 02/13/14 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets just drop the age group difference and leave it at todays varsity programs of (fill in your district here) would beat the [lacrosse] out of same districts varsity program from 15-25 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53063 02/13/14 06:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets just drop the age group difference and leave it at todays varsity programs of (fill in your district here) would beat the [lacrosse] out of same districts varsity program from 15-25 years ago.

You people are nuts!! I played for Melville back in the 80's under Couzzo. We destroyed every other team on LI. Our F/O guy was a state champ wrestler. Other guys were football superstars. My teammates were all self-motivated, in fact parents hardly even came to the games, and there were no training sessions and travel teams. Only wish we could bring it on! This is all nonsense. Today's teams may have better equipment, but our athleticism and heart are no match for today's spoiled, soft kids! My kids play for Melville now, and although they are still great, kids today are way more distracted with other things.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53068 02/13/14 07:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We'll said. Problem is most parents of these fine laxers never played and are wowed by their skill. Which is great by the way but to say they can compete with varsity teams of the past is ridiculous. When they are in HS they might have quick hands and finesse but being it is a contact sport they are defiantly not nearly as tough and physical as we were. And yes I played at a Big HS on LI as well as a top D1 college in mid 80's.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #53069 02/13/14 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are nuts!! I played for Melville back in the 80's under Couzzo. We destroyed every other team on LI. Our F/O guy was a state champ wrestler. Other guys were football superstars. My teammates were all self-motivated, in fact parents hardly even came to the games, and there were no training sessions and travel teams. Only wish we could bring it on! This is all nonsense. Today's teams may have better equipment, but our athleticism and heart are no match for today's spoiled, soft kids! My kids play for Melville now, and although they are still great, kids today are way more distracted with other things.

It's obvious that you will never get back from your long trip of self aggrandizement; and its a pity that you hold your son and his peers in such low regard in comparison to your former self inflated memories. Who exactly made your kid soft and spoiled?

Who cares who you played for? Did that some how infuse you with superhuman traits that will never be surpassed by the mere mortals of today?...the other teams of that time were equally as inept skill wise as yours. Your team may have come out on top, but it was in an era of lower skills being supplemented by aggression. (And what pray tell, does being a state champ in wrestling even mean? Did he "wrestle" the ball away with a half Nelson??)

"Football super stars. Destroying teams. Bring it on. No match to your athleticism and heart."
Do you see a commonality here in your choice of testosterone infused wording? If there was ever a case of narcissistic self importance; this is textbook.

News flash for you....you're old now and never in your wildest dreams will your inflated recollection of your abilities ever match the skill sets of the kids of today no matter how distorted your sense of self achievement is.

Truth.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53071 02/13/14 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever go back to your old elementary school? Looks at lot smaller than you remember it. People remember their past glory to suit themselves. I catch myself doing it too. But boys, seriously, there isn't even an argument here, lacrosse of the 80s was really a joke. Your team probably did dominate because most districts didn't even have teams back then and most who did completely sucked, there was no competition for even mildly talented teams. You want to keep telling yourselves you were studs and ruled the lacrosse world, that's fine because at that time you did. The rest of us can put it perspective and not try to compare the the greatly developed game played today. Yes we were just as good athletes back then, but playing at a much lower level, period.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53072 02/13/14 09:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's obvious that you will never get back from your long trip of self aggrandizement; and its a pity that you hold your son and his peers in such low regard in comparison to your former self inflated memories. Who exactly made your kid soft and spoiled?

Who cares who you played for? Did that some how infuse you with superhuman traits that will never be surpassed by the mere mortals of today?...the other teams of that time were equally as inept skill wise as yours. Your team may have come out on top, but it was in an era of lower skills being supplemented by aggression. (And what pray tell, does being a state champ in wrestling even mean? Did he "wrestle" the ball away with a half Nelson??)

"Football super stars. Destroying teams. Bring it on. No match to your athleticism and heart."
Do you see a commonality here in your choice of testosterone infused wording? If there was ever a case of narcissistic self importance; this is textbook.

News flash for you....you're old now and never in your wildest dreams will your inflated recollection of your abilities ever match the skill sets of the kids of today no matter how distorted your sense of self achievement is.

Truth.

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Now that right there is funny". Even though I am a former player from that time period that is being somewhat disparaged, the English major in me is happy to read such well written, funny as [lacrosse] post. Well done!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53073 02/13/14 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I laugh when I hear about these old tough guys. I worked in a jail for decades. Saw numerous kids from and areas who at the age of 15, 15 had survived gun shots and stabbings. Who grew up in conditions where you better learn to survive. Nobody's tougher then these kids so by your theory these bad areas schools would have whooped you outright

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #53074 02/13/14 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth.

Truth by who?
A loser who never played sports. My kids are not soft, that was a reference in today's athletes in general. My recollection is based on facts. sorry you were never part of some of the best teams LI ever saw. I'm not old as you suggest, and even if I was that would be insulting, but I guess that would be what I would expect coming from the parent of a bench warmer. The only reason someone would react with such anger! Try again

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard