Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hahaha.....classic!! Isn't it funny how things are going nowadays -- It's funny, I played D1 (late 80s - against Gaits etc) and most guys on my college squad started lax in Junior High and 9th grade (even with the old equipment, late start, lack of tourney's, recruiting showcases and specialty clinics) .....would run circles around many of the 'athletes' of today - I don't know, as with the NFL, NHL etc. - Speaking from a current coaches perspective, the youth of the 60s-80s seem to be a tougher class of kid cool

The glory days always look more magnificent through the bottom of your row of empty pints.

7th grade Kids of today would destroy the Varsity teams of your days gone long by
:-)

Pretty personal and obnoxious reply to a post.

But also accurate, especially in lacrosse. The lacrosse we played on LI when we were 9th to 12th grade, going back 25 years is not even close to the level it is at now. It may be nice to think you were a stud back when, and maybe you could compete in todays game if you attack the sport with dedication of the players today, but very seriously, you can not compare your 1980something Hs championship team to the level of play today.