BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 97 of 99 1 2 95 96 97 98 99
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town beat Iona in OT today in a scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW, I heard Yorktown beat Iona 8-7 in a scrimmage today. Doesn’t matter until the real games start

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't read too much into scores on a scrimmage. Yeah it's good to win, but it's about prepping for the season. We don't know if it was just a game - most likely didn't play the main guys as if it were a real game because your trying to get everyone some time, work on situations, etc.

Still good that it was played close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greeley 15-7 over Carmel

Kind of surprised it was so lopsided, Carmel has at least three commits which are two high D3 and one middle pack D1.

But man the Greeley schedules looks tough, Cold Spring Harbor, Greenwich, Mamo, Somers, and Bronxville will all be tests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers 17-3 over Scarsdale might be the biggest eye-opener on a few years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Greeley 15-7 over Carmel

Kind of surprised it was so lopsided, Carmel has at least three commits which are two high D3 and one middle pack D1.

But man the Greeley schedules looks tough, Cold Spring Harbor, Greenwich, Mamo, Somers, and Bronxville will all be tests.
And if they play like they did today - they’re all gonna be fat Ls. I didn’t see anything that shows that they are any better than last year. This is the same team with a tougher schedule they’d better improve quick if they want to hang with those teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers 17-3 over Scarsdale might be the biggest eye-opener on a few years.
Eye opener that Scaresdale is way down. Heard more of the same at somers in house fighting. Give it a minute to see where both these teams go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greeley 15-7 over Carmel

And if they play like they did today - they’re all gonna be fat Ls. I didn’t see anything that shows that they are any better than last year. This is the same team with a tougher schedule they’d better improve quick if they want to hang with those teams.
The game was never in question..... Gave up to late goals to make it 7 for Carmel. All you heard was how gritty and tough Carmel is. Well, says something about Greeley then. Could be the best offense is section 1. Played all their guys too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carmel is overrated. They are an ok team and that is it. Above average Section 1 team. Everyone who rates them does so solely on the "everyone is coming back theory". Kids don't turn into Paul Rabil just because 12 months have passed. They will have a nice successful season, and because class A lacks depth, and North Rockland is down, they may be the third best team in A. But not on the same level as the top shelf teams. Greeley is probably at that level now, albeit at the bottom of it - unless proven otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greeley 15-7 over Carmel

The game was never in question..... Gave up to late goals to make it 7 for Carmel. All you heard was how gritty and tough Carmel is. Well, says something about Greeley then. Could be the best offense is section 1. Played all their guys too.
Did we see the same game? They did not play all their guys - this has been one of the biggest issues within the team. "Could be the best offense in Section 1" is one of the most laughable things anyone has posted here in awhile.

They do have some talent and they've shown they can put up goals against mediocre teams. That much hasn't changed - all due respect to Carmel. They did beef up their schedule so we'll see how this offense does against those better teams. But to say it's the best in Section 1?

That's not a serious take. One things for sure, a lot of people are talking about them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carmel is overrated. They are an ok team and that is it. Above average Section 1 team. Everyone who rates them does so solely on the "everyone is coming back theory". Kids don't turn into Paul Rabil just because 12 months have passed. They will have a nice successful season, and because class A lacks depth, and North Rockland is down, they may be the third best team in A. But not on the same level as the top shelf teams. Greeley is probably at that level now, albeit at the bottom of it - unless proven otherwise.

I would say they are the second best team in Class A. Scarsdale just got beat to a pulp and their best player is out for the season. Obviously kids won't turn into Paul Rabil but a year of experience under the belt goes a long way. Kids do improve a lot from junior to senior year. It's still very early in the season and some teams need time to gel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone with no skin in the game, I will try to be objective. Respectfully, Carmel has 2 good players so Greeley winning that game is no surprise. Carmel is very average. Greeley has a legit team now, and maybe more importantly, finally a coach that cares about the boys&program, does his homework, and knows his matchups. That wasn't the case for the previous decade. And yes Greeley has some good tests this year to see if they are truly Sec1 elite now. No doubt it is easy to say Rye a top program and Yorktown has a great defense, but to put the perennial top class A schools near the top of Sec1 this year is not just a joke but someone having little clue of current rosters and going off of history (regardless of their #1 player going down in Scarsdale for example). Top 3 Class B schools (Yorktown, Somers and Greeley) all beat the top 3 Class A schools this year imho. Goin to be fun to see how it unfolds though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pelham continuing its enigmatic ways from last year . After a lackluster game vs. John Jay the go goal for goal with Pleasantville until a 3-spot in the 3rd quarter by Pleasentville opened it up. Pelham looked like a different team in 2 days.

John Jay boatraced Briarcliff tonight. I don’t think they’ve lost a FO in 2 games. Briarcliff may have had 2 total offensive possessions in the 1st half. Running time by the 4th quarter. Jay is an early juggernaut. Saturday should be a fun one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone with no skin in the game, I will try to be objective. Respectfully, Carmel has 2 good players so Greeley winning that game is no surprise. Carmel is very average. Greeley has a legit team now, and maybe more importantly, finally a coach that cares about the boys&program, does his homework, and knows his matchups. That wasn't the case for the previous decade. And yes Greeley has some good tests this year to see if they are truly Sec1 elite now. No doubt it is easy to say Rye a top program and Yorktown has a great defense, but to put the perennial top class A schools near the top of Sec1 this year is not just a joke but someone having little clue of current rosters and going off of history (regardless of their #1 player going down in Scarsdale for example). Top 3 Class B schools (Yorktown, Somers and Greeley) all beat the top 3 Class A schools this year imho. Goin to be fun to see how it unfolds though

With respect, you can’t say you don’t have skin in the game then make a blatantly false comment that Greely hasn’t had a coach that cares in a decade. You either have no clue what went on with the previous staff or you’re trying to paint a narrative for whatever reason. You don’t have entire teams of players fight the administration on two separate occasions to keep their coaches if they didn’t feel the coaches cared about them. Those guys had decades of experience took a middling program to places it hadn’t been in years prior.

That doesn’t take anything away from the current guys who I’m sure care and do a great job as well. But we don’t need to [Censored] on one coach to make the next one look good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW, I heard Yorktown beat Iona 8-7 in a scrimmage today. Doesn’t matter until the real games start
What would this be interpreted as? Town is a perennial power but IP is private and gets to recruit. Shouldn't Iona win this with out any issue? Yes a scrimmage but thats a close score for what you would think is a bigger gap. Great result for Town. Quick Iona question, are they really playing 13 road games and 4 home games? 8 of the first 10 on the road? Are they redoing the field?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With respect, you can’t say you don’t have skin in the game then make a blatantly false comment that Greely hasn’t had a coach that cares in a decade. You either have no clue what went on with the previous staff or you’re trying to paint a narrative for whatever reason. You don’t have entire teams of players fight the administration on two separate occasions to keep their coaches if they didn’t feel the coaches cared about them. Those guys had decades of experience took a middling program to places it hadn’t been in years prior.

That doesn’t take anything away from the current guys who I’m sure care and do a great job as well. But we don’t need to [Censored] on one coach to make the next one look good.

Are you implying that the previous coaching staff too a middling program to places it hadn't been in years? ha... Vin DeGregoria did a great job with the program and built it up... every coach since then demolished the program. Previous head was the biggest clown. Scared to compete and would sabotage games, put players in the didn't deserve to step on a lacrosse field. Put non-starters in at man-down to get them time on the field. And of course a team is going to fight for their coach... that coach is all they know and they dont want there season disturbed, but, there is absolutely no question the administration did undeniably the best things for those kids and program by cutting ties with a coach that only showed up for a paycheck, didn't do any work out side of the spring season and had absolutely no business being a coach at ANY level. Youth through high school. Previous coach had 1 good year as he inherited a good team and well coached, then it all went to heck in handbasket the years following.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Maybe you know more than I do abt previous coach at Horace Greeley HS. Certainly I don’t know the details and you seemingly do. I just look at the record. I don’t understand the comment though that the previous coach took a middling program to places it hadn’t been in years prior?? Greeley was good back in the 90s and some decent yrs in mid 2000s but it hasn’t been good since. Fact. Thus my statement that the previous decade was sub par, and yes I believe it starts and ends with the coach. Somers is a good example too. They needed new leadership and I suspect they will be a better team this year because of it.

I am not even in the district though and not sure why I am defending a team I am indifferent about. But my son will actually play Horace Greeley once again this year, we will lose, and I expect HG is better than last yr and a real contender for Sectional title.

Honestly though, not sure what you mean by taking them to places they haven’t been in yrs prior??? Like he took them to the playoffs? Virtually every team makes the playoffs, I just know 5 yrs ago with my oldest that the Greeley game was marked as a win before it happened, whereas this season I expect Greeley will be winning a lot of games and beating us.

Maybe you meant that the coach took them to a restaurant they have never been too? Ha. Anyway, all good and not sure why so defensive about yrs past, I just remember being told that Greeley program was not run well, and this year my understanding is team is better than last yr and just seems like it is turning around with new leadership. Let’s move forward, Happy holiday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laughable, just laughable jajajaja. This team has “frat boy/lax bro” mentality written all over it. Undisciplined from the top down as the head talks [Censored] to opposing players. Very unprofessional and of course it’s the club ball testosterone style of the game that people detest. I’ve spent time with some of you at summer tournaments and some of you love to talk as you sip from your Yeti’s jajajaja. Listening to you plan and brag how your getting the coach fired and complain to the school, you should be ashamed of yourself as a “coach” yourself EK. Word on the turf is that they will actually have a real coach next year and not a puppet controlled by club parents when Roy Colsey takes over. A lot of the God squad middle school parents want him or their kids are going prep school but who knows, maybe he’ll refuse to work in a chaotic and toxic environment?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laughable, just laughable jajajaja. This team has “frat boy/lax bro” mentality written all over it. Undisciplined from the top down as the head talks [Censored] to opposing players. Very unprofessional and of course it’s the club ball testosterone style of the game that people detest. I’ve spent time with some of you at summer tournaments and some of you love to talk as you sip from your Yeti’s jajajaja. Listening to you plan and brag how your getting the coach fired and complain to the school, you should be ashamed of yourself as a “coach” yourself EK. Word on the turf is that they will actually have a real coach next year and not a puppet controlled by club parents when Roy Colsey takes over. A lot of the God squad middle school parents want him or their kids are going prep school but who knows, maybe he’ll refuse to work in a chaotic and toxic environment?
You’re on a ledge fat boy, you have really lost it. Roy Colsey is retiring from Ridgefield to watch his sons play at Virginia , oh no he isn’t going to do that to placate greeley families and coach for a second time and not watch his two sons play and why he is moving on from Ridgefield. You are a complete a.clown. Always were. You have a god complex with 0 lacrosse IQ. Dig a hole. You shouldn’t be allowed anything lacrosse ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi All, Since this is an anonymous board, I have no way to prove who I am except that I am the "Clown" who was the previous coach at Greeley. If you know me, then you know i have a 516 phone number and grew up in NJ - that should be sufficient enough. Lacrosse is a small world, so it didn't take long for word to get to me about this "discussion."

2 years on - I can't believe I still have to address my time and departure from Greeley, but here we are. There's a saying, "those who know, don't care and those who care, don't know."

There are maybe 5 or 6 people who have a grasp on the full scope of what went on over the course of my entire tenure there - the mostly good and the small minority of times that were bad. None of those people are on here talking about it - or talking about it at all. For those that "heard" what happen or are going off on what they "know" went on and seem to care so much that they are still talking about it - you don't know and you are simply wrong. I said my piece at the end of that season. You can probably get my email it's probably still out there. I am not going to go into it again. I'm also not going to counterpoint the inaccurate things written here - for starters there's just too much of it. Except to say this: no one can honestly say I or my coaches didn't care and we were there just for paycheck - Any coach will tell you it isn't about the money. I am just a guy from NJ who loves lacrosse and have a passion for coaching it and have done so at every level. I have no connection to Greeley other than I was hired to be an assistant at first and then the Head Coach. I fully dove into it like I do all my coaching positions. I built some great relationships that endure to this day as a result. I was there for nearly all the fall and winter league games, ran virtual trainings during the covid lockdowns in 2020, did youth clinics and more. My second and third child were both born during my time there and not that it's anyone's business, the pregnancies were less than ideal - everyone is healthy now, thankfully. Winter ball or fall ball i may have missed a small amount of times, because: life. But when it come to spring, I never missed one practice and on ONE occasion I had to leave a game early because my daughter was taken to the ER. After 15 years of doing summer travel balI, I wanted to take some time to spend summer with my family. I was asked to coach a younger Express team because it was heavy with Greeley youth players and we all wanted to help continue to build the relationship from youth to HS guys and so I did.

It's telling that it is all still done anonymously. Just like it was done when I was at Greeley. Just like it was done at Express - I've seen the emails. People were so righteous that the few that were written all start with some version of 'don't let my son know I am writing this and I don't want the coach to know, but...' The same people that to my face feigned support while writing fabricated emails to the administration.

What you also aren't realizing is that all of this is also a backhand insult to the current coach who was an assistant to me my final year. It's his program now. I wished him luck then and still do now. He should be measured like any of us: by what he does now and going forward, not by comparing him to me or anyone else. Let's also not forget there are a large group of HS kids that are putting the work in to get better every day. Most of whom I had the privilege of coaching at one time or another. I want them all to succeed.

Anyone else that still seems to have an issue, call or text me and we can discuss it. If you don't have my number than frankly, you aren't important enough to me to worry about your opinion. I won't hold my breath for the phone to ring. It didn't then and it doubt it will now.

Let's refocus on talking about Section 1 lacrosse. The season is off to a great start and Good luck to everyone this season. Hopefully this is the last of it.

It will be for me.

BZ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fat boy? I’m confused, I thought you handpicked the current coach and like him? Why backstab this coach also? So confused by this. You bully your way through the youth association to install a new assistant coach with the goal being to overthrow the then current coach, get what you want and now call him “fat boy” - that Yeti tumbler must be getting an extra workout today! Please don’t drive today because you are a mess enough texting and drinking as you most likely are wearing your varsity letter jacket jajajaja.

You are right, I don’t know anything about lax Jajajajaja, I’m just a basketball dad who’s kids enjoy lax and I’ve never played a day in my life. Didn’t know the rules until 4 years ago and I’m still confused by them and please don’t get me started on my daughters game and those rules where good defense is a penalty jajajaja! But I wouldn’t say I’m fat, a touch under 6 feet and about 76 kg (that’s about 170 to you in the US) doesn’t qualify me as “fat boy” so why the detest for your handpicked coach? As I think about it, I guess you are thinking that this is the old coach here? Jajajajaja, again listening to you boldly blather your detest for a coach and your plans to coordinate complaints to the school, whether at the Dome or at the sidelines of games or tournaments the word gets around of who to avoid and of course it’s usually the frat boys with their Yetis and their glory days being relived through their kids (most unfortunately.

Rumor still is that Coach C will be coaching that team next year - that will be a problem for the section as a real knowledgeable coach will be in charge of a talented team. A coach that could go uptempo or slow it down as he has proven in his state titles over superior Darien teams who were NATIONALLY ranked.

This is not a job for frat boys, but as a frat boy you wouldn’t know that, and the school would be negligent if they didn’t pursue a real coach like Colsey. Also, don’t say you don’t have a “horse in the race” when you do. Im not a betting man but I bet you wouldn’t even insure that horse? If Roy Colsey is the coach of Greely they win a few section tiles and maybe states in the immediate future. If not it stays daddy club ball and kids go away on spring break and blame everyone around them.

Those around you have ears, and the reputation of certain parents gets around, that’s why I now keep my rocking lawn chair far away from the pack and I just get the gossip afterwards.

~Go PAC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers with the nice W at Wilton today, they seem to be on the right side of things.
John Jay going toe-to-toe with Manhasset in a 1-goal loss.
Yorktown and Bronxville in an OT thriller.

1st week wrapping up nicely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fat boy? I’m confused, I thought you handpicked the current coach and like him? Why backstab this coach also? So confused by this. You bully your way through the youth association to install a new assistant coach with the goal being to overthrow the then current coach, get what you want and now call him “fat boy” - that Yeti tumbler must be getting an extra workout today! Please don’t drive today because you are a mess enough texting and drinking as you most likely are wearing your varsity letter jacket jajajaja.

You are right, I don’t know anything about lax Jajajajaja, I’m just a basketball dad who’s kids enjoy lax and I’ve never played a day in my life. Didn’t know the rules until 4 years ago and I’m still confused by them and please don’t get me started on my daughters game and those rules where good defense is a penalty jajajaja! But I wouldn’t say I’m fat, a touch under 6 feet and about 76 kg (that’s about 170 to you in the US) doesn’t qualify me as “fat boy” so why the detest for your handpicked coach? As I think about it, I guess you are thinking that this is the old coach here? Jajajajaja, again listening to you boldly blather your detest for a coach and your plans to coordinate complaints to the school, whether at the Dome or at the sidelines of games or tournaments the word gets around of who to avoid and of course it’s usually the frat boys with their Yetis and their glory days being relived through their kids (most unfortunately.

Rumor still is that Coach C will be coaching that team next year - that will be a problem for the section as a real knowledgeable coach will be in charge of a talented team. A coach that could go uptempo or slow it down as he has proven in his state titles over superior Darien teams who were NATIONALLY ranked.

This is not a job for frat boys, but as a frat boy you wouldn’t know that, and the school would be negligent if they didn’t pursue a real coach like Colsey. Also, don’t say you don’t have a “horse in the race” when you do. Im not a betting man but I bet you wouldn’t even insure that horse? If Roy Colsey is the coach of Greely they win a few section tiles and maybe states in the immediate future. If not it stays daddy club ball and kids go away on spring break and blame everyone around them.

Those around you have ears, and the reputation of certain parents gets around, that’s why I now keep my rocking lawn chair far away from the pack and I just get the gossip afterwards.

~Go PAC!
this is the most idiotic rant. this is a tough read. Mahopac is 0-2, lost to a class D school and 8 seniors quit last week. Time to regroup big fella, but, your smoke screen doesn't work, like your diet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi All, Since this is an anonymous board, I have no way to prove who I am except that I am the "Clown" who was the previous coach at Greeley. If you know me, then you know i have a 516 phone number and grew up in NJ - that should be sufficient enough. Lacrosse is a small world, so it didn't take long for word to get to me about this "discussion."

2 years on - I can't believe I still have to address my time and departure from Greeley, but here we are. There's a saying, "those who know, don't care and those who care, don't know."

There are maybe 5 or 6 people who have a grasp on the full scope of what went on over the course of my entire tenure there - the mostly good and the small minority of times that were bad. None of those people are on here talking about it - or talking about it at all. For those that "heard" what happen or are going off on what they "know" went on and seem to care so much that they are still talking about it - you don't know and you are simply wrong. I said my piece at the end of that season. You can probably get my email it's probably still out there. I am not going to go into it again. I'm also not going to counterpoint the inaccurate things written here - for starters there's just too much of it. Except to say this: no one can honestly say I or my coaches didn't care and we were there just for paycheck - Any coach will tell you it isn't about the money. I am just a guy from NJ who loves lacrosse and have a passion for coaching it and have done so at every level. I have no connection to Greeley other than I was hired to be an assistant at first and then the Head Coach. I fully dove into it like I do all my coaching positions. I built some great relationships that endure to this day as a result. I was there for nearly all the fall and winter league games, ran virtual trainings during the covid lockdowns in 2020, did youth clinics and more. My second and third child were both born during my time there and not that it's anyone's business, the pregnancies were less than ideal - everyone is healthy now, thankfully. Winter ball or fall ball i may have missed a small amount of times, because: life. But when it come to spring, I never missed one practice and on ONE occasion I had to leave a game early because my daughter was taken to the ER. After 15 years of doing summer travel balI, I wanted to take some time to spend summer with my family. I was asked to coach a younger Express team because it was heavy with Greeley youth players and we all wanted to help continue to build the relationship from youth to HS guys and so I did.

It's telling that it is all still done anonymously. Just like it was done when I was at Greeley. Just like it was done at Express - I've seen the emails. People were so righteous that the few that were written all start with some version of 'don't let my son know I am writing this and I don't want the coach to know, but...' The same people that to my face feigned support while writing fabricated emails to the administration.

What you also aren't realizing is that all of this is also a backhand insult to the current coach who was an assistant to me my final year. It's his program now. I wished him luck then and still do now. He should be measured like any of us: by what he does now and going forward, not by comparing him to me or anyone else. Let's also not forget there are a large group of HS kids that are putting the work in to get better every day. Most of whom I had the privilege of coaching at one time or another. I want them all to succeed.

Anyone else that still seems to have an issue, call or text me and we can discuss it. If you don't have my number than frankly, you aren't important enough to me to worry about your opinion. I won't hold my breath for the phone to ring. It didn't then and it doubt it will now.

Let's refocus on talking about Section 1 lacrosse. The season is off to a great start and Good luck to everyone this season. Hopefully this is the last of it.

It will be for me.

BZ
honestly, this is is a smoke screen like the next post... more craziness

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be for me.

BZ
there is no doubt, any positive Greeley post there is a negative response and there is little doubt it isnt coming you, who also lives in Katonah/john jay. It isnt hard to figure out. Just shoot straight, move on with your life and leave Greeley WAY back in your rear mirror and there will be no more rebuttal to your nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be for me.

BZ
there is no doubt, any positive Greeley post there is a negative response and there is little doubt it isnt coming you, who also lives in Katonah/john jay. It isnt hard to figure out. Just shoot straight, move on with your life and leave Greeley WAY back in your rear mirror and there will be no more rebuttal to your nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a very decent and honorable reply by your former coach and of course you attack it as a fake. I would bet you were all buddy buddy when you were face to face, jajajaja, you’re a fraud, a backstabbing fraud. It is no wonder why your team, parents and coaches have a miserable reputation with the other teams and officials throughout the section. There is no doubt by the tone of the responses who I would believe. Back to debate, yes we lost 2, but I do recall our kids teams did meet up in a scrimmage last year and Mahopac came out on top. Anyhow there is no shame in losing to a Mamaroneck or a quality small school like Haldane and I will still root for my child and their friends/teammates. Unlike you who threatens coaches, sends out emails to round up parents against a coach, bullies school admin, threatens to go to private schools, shamefully drinks on school grounds and lives for a silly college window decal to display to your neighbors, you are all show.

Back to the rumors, friends wife subs in the district, also a lax family, Coach Colsey will bring that team to the promise land, and it says a lot that you disparage him because you ultimately fear him. You couldn’t control him and that worries you because you want to bully and control your kids coach (probably teachers too) like the current coach who you hand picked to backstab the former coach. The current coach is to busy being “bro’s” with the players. No discipline, he talks [Censored] to opposing teams players. Totally unprofessional but that is par for the course in country club land. Lax bro frat boy testosterone [Censored].

Go Pac!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets on here...

Tuesday had a few teams putting up some 15-spot numbers.
Bronxville over Stepinac is a good early season one for them.
Lakeland with the OT win over Mahopac in the rain
Rye with a solid win over Victor - that is a statement early season W.
Great OT game between John Jay and Yorktown last night. Traded goals for most of the game, I think the largest lead was 3-1 Yorktown early on. Yorktown needs to clean up the turnovers. Great goalie battle. Jay has excellent ball control. Either team could have come away with this. (Interesting no call at the end of regulation with Jay going to the goal. I'm not 100% convinced it should have been a flag, but very surprised it was not called. To be fair, it was in-line with the way they called this game.)
Somers looks like the real deal so far, lots of O and the Scarsdale opener and a win at Wilton has to open some eyes. When's the last time we saw a shutout?

Bronxville at Iona will be the game of the night tonight.
The weekend has some fun matchups to watch. Yorktown at Ridgefield is probably the game to catch. If you believe - loosely - in transitivity: Jay played Manhasset and Yorktown to 1 goal games. Ridgefield handled Manhasset by 8. (All of this means nothing of course)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It'll be interesting to see how Rye-Staples goes on Saturday. My money is on Rye,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets on here...

Great OT game between John Jay and Yorktown last night. Traded goals for most of the game, I think the largest lead was 3-1 Yorktown early on. Yorktown needs to clean up the turnovers. Great goalie battle. Jay has excellent ball control. Either team could have come away with this. (Interesting no call at the end of regulation with Jay going to the goal. I'm not 100% convinced it should have been a flag, but very surprised it was not called. To be fair, it was in-line with the way they called this game.)
Somers looks like the real deal so far, lots of O and the Scarsdale opener and a win at Wilton has to open some eyes. When's the last time we saw a shutout?

The weekend has some fun matchups to watch. Yorktown at Ridgefield is probably the game to catch. If you believe - loosely - in transitivity: Jay played Manhasset and Yorktown to 1 goal games. Ridgefield handled Manhasset by 8. (All of this means nothing of course)
Is Don Bosco really good or Iona really not? 17-5 is quite the lopsided score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iona has not done well in recent years agains the NJ Catholic/Private Schools. Don Bosco has been up there as one of the best too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown / John Jay instant classic game last night!
Last years game was a nail biter as well. Still a great rivalry. The two mids on Jay were impressive. Yorktown D is legit. Town needs to clean up its offense. Ball not moving as quickly as in past years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Don Bosco really good or Iona really not? 17-5 is quite the lopsided score.[/quote]

My Synopsis
DB looked very strong all over the field and also just came off a 11-2 win vs Victor, they look well coached as well w/ new coach hire

Iona's virtually brand new D did not keep up with DB especially off ball and got peppered in goal, Iona has had strong D units in the past but are not deep at D this year, a handful of preventable giveaway off ball goals could have kept DB from running away with the game early

IMO Iona's O were able to produce more chances than a 17-5 scoreline (can be called 17-4 with a last minute [Censored] goal) reflected, better shooting and not hitting post on one or two sure goals would have helped the scoreline. the offense while I would say is plenty deep is still young and will need to grow

Iona could have used more fo wins and saves but this is probably a much needed early season loss before they face the rest of their schedule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets on here...

No disrespect to the JJ goalie, but it wasn’t a goalie battle at all.
One went (town) 19/26 73% SA and the other went 6/14 43% SA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

No disrespect to the JJ goalie, but it wasn’t a goalie battle at all.
One went (town) 19/26 73% SA and the other went 6/14 43% SA.
I don’t have a reason to doubt you as specific as those stats seem, but I tend to generally question any save stats in high school. Nothing against you or these guys. It’s just my experience that any shot that doesn’t go in = save.
But, given the attention both these goalies rightfully draw I’ll defer to you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Don Bosco really good or Iona really not? 17-5 is quite the lopsided score.

My Synopsis
DB looked very strong all over the field and also just came off a 11-2 win vs Victor, they look well coached as well w/ new coach hire

Iona's virtually brand new D did not keep up with DB especially off ball and got peppered in goal, Iona has had strong D units in the past but are not deep at D this year, a handful of preventable giveaway off ball goals could have kept DB from running away with the game early

IMO Iona's O were able to produce more chances than a 17-5 scoreline (can be called 17-4 with a last minute [Censored] goal) reflected, better shooting and not hitting post on one or two sure goals would have helped the scoreline. the offense while I would say is plenty deep is still young and will need to grow

Iona could have used more fo wins and saves but this is probably a much needed early season loss before they face the rest of their schedule[/quote]
Thats right. DB shooters were allowed to shoot with no one in their face. Duke commit torched them for 7. Once behind IP offense was rushed and inconsistent. IP will do well against the public’s but not looking like they can run with the privates..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marquee game: Greeley at Cold Spring Harbor: HG wins!

The rest:

Bronxville at Haldane : BXV, sets the tone.
Scarsdale at Pelham : Scarsdale, in a close game
Monroe-Woodbury vs. North Rockland : NR

Sleepy Hollow at Nanuet: SH
Putnam Valley at Pawling : PV
Rye Neck at Ardsley: ARD
Ossining/Peekskill at Arlington : A
Edgemont at Croton-Harmon : CH
Blind Brook at Eastchester : E
Hastings at Nyack : NK
Brewster at Carmel Car

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marquee game: Greeley at Cold Spring Harbor: HG wins!

The rest:

Bronxville at Haldane : BXV, sets the tone.
Scarsdale at Pelham : Scarsdale, in a close game
Monroe-Woodbury vs. North Rockland : NR

Sleepy Hollow at Nanuet: SH
Putnam Valley at Pawling : PV
Rye Neck at Ardsley: ARD
Ossining/Peekskill at Arlington : A
Edgemont at Croton-Harmon : CH
Blind Brook at Eastchester : E
Hastings at Nyack : NK
Brewster at Carmel Car

I like most of these predictions. HG win would be a very big win for their program. Will be a battle.

Bronxville at Haldane is interesting. Have a confident experienced Haldane team and a Bronxville team still trying to figure out who they are. Would be a statement win for H...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen multiple local sports fitness trainers on socal media; D1 training, Deiana RAW and Velocity.

Has anyone used just a speed trainer? If so, any recommendations?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yesterday: 7-3 record, but still waiting on the following 2 games NR/MW and Hast/Nyack ?

Greeley got smacked around, Kudos for the improved schedule, now it's shut-up time until they get a signature win.
BXV dominated the box score.
Scarsdale, whew, that was close.
Blind Brook and RyeNeck, who knew they had it in them.

Wondering when Pawling will merger with another school (should be North Salem, but that's a commute); last season, Pawling forfeited many games too.

TODAY'S 7 GAMES:

Up on the Marquee:

John Jay-Cross River at Mahopac: JJCR (wins by 3+), if the righty attackman from JJ improves.
Wappingers at Yorktown: Y, in a close one. (It's a battle of two Y legendary defenders; Shurr and Kuczma);

New Fairfield, Conn. at Carmel: NF, should win this game (another battle of Y players; Kuczma and Caione)

Mercer Island, Wa. At Rye: Rye, based solely on Rye's DI commits.

New Rochelle at Irvington IRV
Briarcliff at Hen Hud HH
Westlake at Suffern: Suffern

Like Reply Quote
Page 97 of 99 1 2 95 96 97 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard