BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 96 of 99 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 99
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown plays 3 out of the 4 listed above. It’s great that nobody is avoiding anyone this year.
Opinion…. I keep hearing that section 1 is “ watered down” 4-5 years ago nobody said that.. are there really that many Section 1 kids going to private school?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha, Yorktown no offense, low level D1 poles, top 5 goalie in the country.
John jay has decent offense, no D, good goalie, not great and is going to private school next year. you heard it.
JJ bottoms out next next year and many may ditch as the re-build will be a massive effort. FACTS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ha, Yorktown no offense, low level D1 poles, top 5 goalie in the country.
John jay has decent offense, no D, good goalie, not great and is going to private school next year. you heard it.
JJ bottoms out next next year and many may ditch as the re-build will be a massive effort. FACTS!
Not talking about next year.. You can make an argument for both the JJ and Yorktown goalies. They are both very good. Love how you throw around the term low level d1..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have put your eyes on both the Yorktown and the JJ goalie, you could NEVER say there is an argument. Sorry, there isnt. Not from Yorktown either. That said, both their squad are deficient in key areas, so, they both have to be ridiculous to win the section this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have put your eyes on both the Yorktown and the JJ goalie, you could NEVER say there is an argument. Sorry, there isnt. Not from Yorktown either. That said, both their squad are deficient in key areas, so, they both have to be ridiculous to win the section this year.

Agree John Jay goalie is far superior.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then who beats them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "Thread Title" indicates Westchester NY/Fairfield CT Youth Lacrosse, but I have never seen a post/comment about Fairfield CT lax.

Where are the CT posts/forums or websites that cover CT (RI, MA, VT & NH)?
Probably in the Prep School forum……blahahhahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then who beats them?
Could be Greeley, Mahopac .................. Somers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve seen them both play quite a bit and they are each very very good. However I don’t understand the “far superior” comment. The Yorktown goalie is the number one ranked goalie recruit in the country and is likely going top 5 or 10 D1 school. Those rankings can be nonsense but college recruiting is not. Not sure how anyone is far superior to that although will agree the JJ goalie is excellent as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But assuming Yorktown is the favorite in B correct? Or am I missing something

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The won the section last year, so, they should be the favorite. But, things are a bit different this year. It will be at battle at the top..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The won the section last year, so, they should be the favorite. But, things are a bit different this year. It will be at battle at the top..
It will be more of a battle than in the past, but the demise or fall off for Yorktown has been predicted for like 2-3 years now and it hasn't happened. Are they down compared to Yorktown teams of the past, yes. But they are still one of the best programs in Section 1. They have another year under their belt and B is a bit easier of a path. They'll be in the final again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown plays 3 out of the 4 listed above. It’s great that nobody is avoiding anyone this year.
Opinion…. I keep hearing that section 1 is “ watered down” 4-5 years ago nobody said that.. are there really that many Section 1 kids going to private school?

I would argue that more teams have gotten better than it being watered down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotcha, was just curious if I missed something in the section. The comment about having to be ridiculous to win kind of threw me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "Thread Title" indicates Westchester NY/Fairfield CT Youth Lacrosse, but I have never seen a post/comment about Fairfield CT lax.

Where are the CT posts/forums or websites that cover CT (RI, MA, VT & NH)?
Probably in the Prep School forum……blahahhahaha

The way to get more comments about CT lax is to post about it. I am interested in CT lax but it seems like jsut the 2 of us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT folks just know that Brunswick, Taft, Loomis, Choate, Avon and Salisbury wouod smoke any CT public school so there’s no point. And before anyone references last years Darien win, that was an anomaly. Anyone who has watched this me teams can attest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT folks just know that Brunswick, Taft, Loomis, Choate, Avon and Salisbury wouod smoke any CT public school so there’s no point. And before anyone references last years Darien win, that was an anomaly. Anyone who has watched this me teams can attest.

There are a couple of good posters on LaxFans. They seem pretty plugged in to CT lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those schools are all really, really good. They would likely smoke every public school in every state. CT has lots of good public school. I think Staples High School is ranked as the top public school in the country going into this year. Other good programs are Darien, Cheshire, New Canaan, Wilton, Greenwich, Ridgefield, etc....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse top 25 public school rankings:

Fairfield County:
1. Staples (wesport)
4. Darien
11. New Canaan
23. Wilton
24. Ridgefield

Wilton and Ridgefield are based on rep IMO, don't think either will be very good this year.

Westchester County:

Would argue that Rye belongs in the top 25 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those schools are all really, really good. They would likely smoke every public school in every state. CT has lots of good public school. I think Staples High School is ranked as the top public school in the country going into this year. Other good programs are Darien, Cheshire, New Canaan, Wilton, Greenwich, Ridgefield, etc....

This whole notion that CT Public schools can't compete with the private/prep schools is a bit off base. On the whole, the Prep/private schools are better for sure and a lot of that is the recruiting and the holding kids back to go to prep school + the additional gift of a PG at the end.

Darien, Ridgefield, New Canaan, Wilton and Staples play a mix of Brunswick, Don Bosco, St. Anthony's, Chaminade, Bishop Guertin, St. Johns, etc. They have beaten these teams in the past too..

Maybe they aren't as good...they clearly aren't afraid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse top 25 public school rankings:

Fairfield County:
1. Staples (wesport)
4. Darien
11. New Canaan
23. Wilton
24. Ridgefield

Wilton and Ridgefield are based on rep IMO, don't think either will be very good this year.

Westchester County:

Would argue that Rye belongs in the top 25 this year.
Rye is stacked this year. Pleasantville should be considered as well as they return everyone from last year's campaign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First glimpse of scrimmage action in Section 1. Pville starters beat Mamaroneck 11-1. Sloppy, but that is to be expected 1 week out from the first day of practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
F
Darien and Brunswick have played 4 times. Brunswick's 3 wins have come by a combined 5 goals (including one in OT where they trailed the entire game). That was no fluke, that's just par for the course between these two. In fact, Darien has had a tougher time with Staples than Brunswick lately.

And it's not just Darien. In 2016 New Canaan blew Brunswick off their home field, sandwiched between two 2 goal losses in 2015 and 2017. They've fallen off since, but even in 2021 a pretty meh NC squad played Brunswick tougher than everyone's anointed pre-season champ Taft.

Also love that you threw Loomis, Choate, and AOF in there as if they've accomplished remotely anything compared to any of the other three. Loomis should be good this year and Choate was good last year -- but by and large those programs have been riding the coat tails of Wick/Salisbury/Deerfield/Taft for the better part of two decades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First glimpse of scrimmage action in Section 1. Pville starters beat Mamaroneck 11-1. Sloppy, but that is to be expected 1 week out from the first day of practice.
On paper this is a little surprising to me, however, Mamo had some big graduation losses but they are in reload mode, P'ville are basically whole from last year. Combine that with being 1 week in, it's really not.

If we see these offensive numbers for Mamo in the first couple of games, then it's time to be concerned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the classifications.
Pivoting, does anyone have the League breakdowns?
Want to bet L/P is in a League that they shouldn't be in.

LEAGUES

A: Mamaroneck, New Ro, Scarsdale, White Plains
B: Harrison, Rye, Pelham, Eastchester
C: North Rockland, Clarkstown South, Suffern, TZ
D: Nanuet, Clarkstown North, Nyack, PR
E: Byram, Greeley Fox Lane, Brewster, Somers, John Jay
F: Arlington, Wappingers, Yorktown, Mahopac, Carmel
G: Hen Hud, Ossining/Peekskill, Brewster, Put Valley, Lakeland/Panas
H: North Salem, Yonkers, Keio, Briarcliff, Westlake, Haldane, Rye Neck
I: Croton, P'ville, Dobbs, Sleepy Hallow, Ardsley, Pawling
J: Edgemont, Albertus Magnus, Bronxville, Irvington, Blind Brook, Hastings,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that Carmel went toe-to-toe with Somers in a scrimmage and that Carmel was impressive.

Anyone else hear results from this scrimmage or any others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that Carmel went toe-to-toe with Somers in a scrimmage and that Carmel was impressive.

No surprise here. Carmel gritty squad and Somers struggled all last year with chemistry and a very weak D. More of the same...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers was supposed to scrimmage Bronxville today but bailed out last minute. Interesting!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carmel was VERY young about 2-3 years ago, but the talent was evident. They've continued to get better each year so this isn't really a surprise.
Still week one for everyone, so let's not get down on teams that struggle now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers was supposed to scrimmage Bronxville today but bailed out last minute. Interesting!!
its 30 something degrees with wind gust of 30 mph, many scrimmages got moved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had a scrimmage yesterday, going back-to-back days wouldn't make much sense - plus they backed out of it a couple of days ago, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

I have no rooting interest here, but let's go easy - it's still early in the season, new staff, figuring things out still. You're reading WAY too much into this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Mahopac lose their entire defense and goalie last year. I watched them scrimmage Pville and no bueno. Pac looks WAY down this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Mahopac lose their entire defense and goalie last year. I watched them scrimmage Pville and no bueno. Pac looks WAY down this year.
I wonder if that’s more of a function of P’ville returning everyone from a dominant year last year.

I don’t know though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
- Iona cant run with the big boys Wick, chaminade, st anthonys

Iona has seen 1 goal losses to Chaminade in 21 & 22 and is probably as deep offensively & at midfield as they ever have been in program history. Nearly all key contributors offensively will be juniors or underclassmen their sophomore attack duo broke freshman points and goals record respectively with each leading the team in those categories, one of which is more than likely a top 20 for 26’s if not higher. The soph class will not be getting their first varsity minutes come game 1 this time around. My guess Their O will be able to put in goals even against the tougher defenses. A largely underclass O from last year most seeing their first varsity minutes will probably look a lot different from the freshman campaign.

Will be a much bigger question mark at the D end outside of two solid close guys and losing a game changing Dmid but have seen turnover in the past two seasons basically putting senior poles who were virtually non contributors in years prior but have gone through the program and putting out solid D squads and rope unit has been very tough b/w very strong ssdm classes and tough two way middies.

Iona is not near the top 5-10 bubble nationally and is usually missing one or two key pieces in one position or another but I’ll predict they will pick up a good handful of high caliber wins incl chaminade if not this year the next 1 or 2 following

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Iona has seen 1 goal losses to Chaminade in 21 & 22 and is probably as deep offensively & at midfield as they ever have been in program history. Nearly all key contributors offensively will be juniors or underclassmen their sophomore attack duo broke freshman points and goals record respectively with each leading the team in those categories, one of which is more than likely a top 20 for 26’s if not higher. The soph class will not be getting their first varsity minutes come game 1 this time around. My guess Their O will be able to put in goals even against the tougher defenses. A largely underclass O from last year most seeing their first varsity minutes will probably look a lot different from the freshman campaign.

Will be a much bigger question mark at the D end outside of two solid close guys and losing a game changing Dmid but have seen turnover in the past two seasons basically putting senior poles who were virtually non contributors in years prior but have gone through the program and putting out solid D squads and rope unit has been very tough b/w very strong ssdm classes and tough two way middies.

Iona is not near the top 5-10 bubble nationally and is usually missing one or two key pieces in one position or another but I’ll predict they will pick up a good handful of high caliber wins if not this year the next 1 or 2 following

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Iona is not near the top 5-10 bubble nationally and is usually missing one or two key pieces in one position or another but I’ll predict they will pick up a good handful of high caliber wins if not this year the next 1 or 2 following

Yawn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think that is it..for sure taking that into consideration .. I think the entire D and goalie are new.. Looks like they have A LOT of work to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games start counting this week in Section 1. Looks like Scarsdale getting us going today and a bunch of others getting it going tomorrow. Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to seeing who does what.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn
Iona is an interesting program. Not nearly as good as prep schools and only marginally better than town programs. Though one could argue that Rye would give them a run for their money. IP will win state championships for the next 3 years but that only means they have to beat Stepinac. Great they have Chaminade and St Anthonys on the calendar to see where they measure. Will be interesting to see these sophomores go against future top tier d1 defenders and specialists. Does Iona have any committed players…….guessing no since they are aligned with Express North (which would also explain how they are mid tier at best.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agree with your first few statements, however your last one : Does Iona have any committed players…….guessing no since they are aligned with Express North (which would also explain how they are mid tier at best.) shows your true colors. What does EN have to do with the kids that currently play for IP? the current kids on the team play for many clubs (in fact there are only a few on EN) so not sure what that has to do with your previous points. They do have commits, and will have more no doubt so stop, time will tell like you said when they play SA, chaminade, Ridgefield, SHP, DB, Cheshire, etc. People on this forum can speculate and predict all they want but IP must perform period.

Like Reply Quote
Page 96 of 99 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard