BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 242 of 260 1 2 240 241 242 243 244 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Publics probably have winning record over privates. Curley won B and lost to all Balt and Harford publics they played and they are top half of the privates. JC did beat 1a public Fallston in OT and may still be celebrating this feat. KI beat Spaulding and I also remember Westminster crushing St. Joe so bad that they no longer play. 2/3rds of private are horrible at lax. Playoff "A" conference is head and shoulders better but thats like 6 out of like 30 teams. Years ago MIAA was way different, now not nearly as many playing at next level then what it was in past. Most MIAA schools are now looking to bring in out of state kids to compete since talent is diluted. School wise things have changed with SAT no longer as important. More emphasis is on AP courses which is same course at public school then it is at private (just free, not 30k with same class sizes). Now public school kids at 11th grade take college courses for college credits for free. Unfortunately you can't start college classes at privates till after graduation. Most recruiting is done through club ball now and out of season showcases. So if kid can play they will be found. A lot more options now then in the past to get good coaching. HS lax season is still only 3 out of 12 months. Before it was everything now just a small part of big picture. Privates do much better when at cocktail hour and the country club if that is what you are about.

I say this is a supporter of a strong public school system and as one who totally agrees that an unfortunately large number of the private school parent set is high grade, detached from reality noisome, but this is fact-free, unhinged word vomit on every level except for the part that you can actually get a really good education at many public high schools and some number of the best lax players in the country come from them annually.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO Elite lineup:

Hawks
Crabs
FCA
DC Express
Madlax
Next Level
Team Money

No Red Hots at all

Clippers and Team MD stay in AAA

We'll see if this ends up being True.

Think HOCO released the brackets today so I don't know that it's speculation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO Elite lineup:

Hawks
Crabs
FCA
DC Express
Madlax
Next Level
Team Money

No Red Hots at all

AAA
Blue Claws
Cannons
Clippers
Crabs Blue
DC Express Orange
FCA White
ProStart
Team MD
AA
Hawks Black
Coastal
HLC
HoCo
MDLL
Next Level Red
Predators
True NOVA
Wolfpack
Team VA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bad are the public schools in Maryland? From BOTC comments it seems like none of the parents even consider for a second sending their kids to the public high school.

k so if by "bad" you mean level of education, then there's plenty of MD publics where a smart kid will do just as well as they would've at a private. A top kid will do well wherever he ends up, in general, and a kid with an IEP will likely get the same level of attention at a public that he gets at a private. For education, IMO privates benefit the kids in the middle of the bell curve. All of this is a generalization and obviously different kids will have different outcomes etc etc. Lots of public school kids go to great schools and even if they don't there's tons of them that have successful careers later on.

But if you're talking athletics (specifically lax) and MD publics versus privates, I can only speak to Moco, but yeah, private school lax is miles ahead of public, There are definitely strong players in public and every year some of them go D1 or high D3, but the depth of the public school teams is not at all comparable to the privates. There's a few strong public programs in in Moco (Churchill, Whitman, Sherwood) and they could prob hang with and maybe beat a few of the lower level IAC/WCAC teams, but the gap between them and the higher level IAC and WCAC (and even MAC) teams is pretty big. Whereas the good publics might have 5-10 good players on elite Hoco club teams, the top IAC/WCAC teams will have 15-30 players on elite teams. So once you start subbing in second and third lines, that's when the games will get out of hand. No disrespect to the publics here but that's what I've seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Publics probably have winning record over privates. Curley won B and lost to all Balt and Harford publics they played and they are top half of the privates. JC did beat 1a public Fallston in OT and may still be celebrating this feat. KI beat Spaulding and I also remember Westminster crushing St. Joe so bad that they no longer play. 2/3rds of private are horrible at lax. Playoff "A" conference is head and shoulders better but thats like 6 out of like 30 teams. Years ago MIAA was way different, now not nearly as many playing at next level then what it was in past. Most MIAA schools are now looking to bring in out of state kids to compete since talent is diluted. School wise things have changed with SAT no longer as important. More emphasis is on AP courses which is same course at public school then it is at private (just free, not 30k with same class sizes). Now public school kids at 11th grade take college courses for college credits for free. Unfortunately you can't start college classes at privates till after graduation. Most recruiting is done through club ball now and out of season showcases. So if kid can play they will be found. A lot more options now then in the past to get good coaching. HS lax season is still only 3 out of 12 months. Before it was everything now just a small part of big picture. Privates do much better when at cocktail hour and the country club if that is what you are about.

Some factual check-ins:

1. Public schools likely have a winning record here because only the top 10% of public school programs are willing to play the bottom 70% of private schools. Carroll Co Schools are not asking to play McDonogh, or really anybody in the top 90% of MIAA.

2. Yeah about the SAT - Yale and Dartmouth in the last week alone, have both re-instituted the SAT requirement. SAT-free was a Covid-era PR stunt and it's coming to an end (my kid isn't great on long tests, so I wish you were correct about this....but you're not).

3. If you think class sizes are the same in public and private HS, I'd love to know the basis for that. I do know that the privates have 4-5 college counselors for every 1 at a public HS. I know at my public HS, the entire HS of 1500 kids had a total of 2 college counselors.

4. If you think your child has "won college" by getting a degree in 3 or 4 semesters, I mean, they will probably be a model government employee who gets 3.5/5 stars on their annual review and their full 2% annual COLA increase. I guess the bigger question is, why haven't you saved enough money for them to attend 4 years of college? "Sorry kids, you can only go for 3 semester, and ya gotta pay your own loans!" Inspiring parenting.

5. Yeah "if a kid can play they'll be found," instagram, Millon Events, etc etc but generally if you are looking for the best pizza, do you go to the Pizza Convention at the MD Fairgrounds...........or do you go to North Jersey and NYC? The best public schools in MD and VA spit out between 0 and 1 D1 recruits per year. Most high schools across the country produce 0 per year, and 0 per 5 years. MD/DC private schools, each school 10+ per year, in addition to another 10+ who go D2/D3.

6. You can pretend that Prep School isn't a thing, and that it has no value, and that you are a financial mastermind by buying a house in the best (in 2006) school district. And if you have 4 kids, heck, you might even be correct on the value proposition. But there's no denying the fact that 91% of private school students return to their sophomore year of college, while only 55% of public school graduates do.

7. Talking about cocktail hour and country clubs this way comes from a mindset of a guaranteed government salary, for which I commend you, and on some days I'm jealous of this. For the rest of us who can be fired (or our businesses run out of money), we succeed at work by having human relationships, by networking with people, and by identifying people who could benefit from our services (or vice versa). By learning new things, techniques, courses, or coaching that friends and competitors are taking advantage of. That happens at cocktail hours, at baseball games, on the golf course, while shooting sporting clays, and on fishing trips. It doesn't happen on a City Government WebEx between the work hours of 830-330 with an hour guaranteed lunch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO Elite lineup:

Hawks
Crabs
FCA
DC Express
Madlax
Next Level
Team Money

No Red Hots at all

props to Team Money for going elite, might as well see how it goes since it's the last season. That line-up of teams is def a murderers row. We are lucky to have this level of competition right in our backyard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the other brackets?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO Elite lineup:

Hawks
Crabs
FCA
DC Express
Madlax
Next Level
Team Money

No Red Hots at all

props to Team Money for going elite, might as well see how it goes since it's the last season. That line-up of teams is def a murderers row. We are lucky to have this level of competition right in our backyard.
I heard Team Money has a bunch of Philly Freedom players. they should be competitive. But i suspect it falls like....

Hawks
FCA
Crabs
DCE
NL
Team Money
Madlax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some factual check-ins:

1. Public schools likely have a winning record here because only the top 10% of public school programs are willing to play the bottom 70% of private schools. Carroll Co Schools are not asking to play McDonogh, or really anybody in the top 90% of MIAA.

2. Yeah about the SAT - Yale and Dartmouth in the last week alone, have both re-instituted the SAT requirement. SAT-free was a Covid-era PR stunt and it's coming to an end (my kid isn't great on long tests, so I wish you were correct about this....but you're not).

3. If you think class sizes are the same in public and private HS, I'd love to know the basis for that. I do know that the privates have 4-5 college counselors for every 1 at a public HS. I know at my public HS, the entire HS of 1500 kids had a total of 2 college counselors.

4. If you think your child has "won college" by getting a degree in 3 or 4 semesters, I mean, they will probably be a model government employee who gets 3.5/5 stars on their annual review and their full 2% annual COLA increase. I guess the bigger question is, why haven't you saved enough money for them to attend 4 years of college? "Sorry kids, you can only go for 3 semester, and ya gotta pay your own loans!" Inspiring parenting.

5. Yeah "if a kid can play they'll be found," instagram, Millon Events, etc etc but generally if you are looking for the best pizza, do you go to the Pizza Convention at the MD Fairgrounds...........or do you go to North Jersey and NYC? The best public schools in MD and VA spit out between 0 and 1 D1 recruits per year. Most high schools across the country produce 0 per year, and 0 per 5 years. MD/DC private schools, each school 10+ per year, in addition to another 10+ who go D2/D3.

6. You can pretend that Prep School isn't a thing, and that it has no value, and that you are a financial mastermind by buying a house in the best (in 2006) school district. And if you have 4 kids, heck, you might even be correct on the value proposition. But there's no denying the fact that 91% of private school students return to their sophomore year of college, while only 55% of public school graduates do.

7. Talking about cocktail hour and country clubs this way comes from a mindset of a guaranteed government salary, for which I commend you, and on some days I'm jealous of this. For the rest of us who can be fired (or our businesses run out of money), we succeed at work by having human relationships, by networking with people, and by identifying people who could benefit from our services (or vice versa). By learning new things, techniques, courses, or coaching that friends and competitors are taking advantage of. That happens at cocktail hours, at baseball games, on the golf course, while shooting sporting clays, and on fishing trips. It doesn't happen on a City Government WebEx between the work hours of 830-330 with an hour guaranteed lunch.

Signed, Daddy paid for my private school but I still didn't get into a top college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's change the topic. Now that we're moving from the pay-to-play Apex Games, PLL Jr, etc. to actual invitation-only showcases for the 2028 class, what are the true "elite" showcases that players need to aim for:

- Best in Class
- The Spotlight
- One Percent

Anything else for rising HS freshmen? Obviously, Maverik Showtime before their sophomore and junior years and Main Stage before their junior year. What others are truly invite-only? Or what others actually draw the elite talent?

Still pay to play

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We'll see if this ends up being True.[/quote]

Think HOCO released the brackets today so I don't know that it's speculation.[/quote]
AAA
Blue Claws
Cannons
Clippers
Crabs Blue
DC Express Orange
FCA White
ProStart
Team MD
AA
Hawks Black
Coastal
HLC
HoCo
MDLL
Next Level Red
Predators
True NOVA
Wolfpack
Team VA[/quote]

No Ville in AA? I doubt this is accurate. Anyone have the alignment for divisions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are doing the local spring tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think HOCO released the brackets today so I don't know that it's speculation.[/quote]
AAA
Blue Claws
Cannons
Clippers
Crabs Blue
DC Express Orange
FCA White
ProStart
Team MD
AA
Hawks Black
Coastal
HLC
HoCo
MDLL
Next Level Red
Predators
True NOVA
Wolfpack
Team VA[/quote]

No Ville in AA? I doubt this is accurate. Anyone have the alignment for divisions?[/quote]
Coastal cruised past Crabs Blue in the fall. Teams should be reversed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AAA
Blue Claws
Cannons
Clippers
Crabs Blue
DC Express Orange
FCA White
ProStart
Team MD
AA
Hawks Black
Coastal
HLC
HoCo
MDLL
Next Level Red
Predators
True NOVA
Wolfpack
Team VA[/quote]

No Ville in AA? I doubt this is accurate. Anyone have the alignment for divisions?[/quote]

Yeah there are going to be a bunch of complaining AA/A parents because a bunch of new teams were added to AAA/AA, and the AA/A teams have to make room by sliding down apparently. Bunch of coaches are having fun conversations with parents about how, yes we were low level AA and now somehow we're playing A or B. Remember that after about May 20, nobody on the planet will care that your kid played B league this year. But it is a little embarrassing tbh.

Also, the idea of ProStart in AAA is hilarious. The most notable coaching on that team has centered on coached flops on shoulder checks to generate the penalty.

HLC lost their head coach (took coaching job at UVA) and his son. Curious how that will go.

I see Clippers at AAA - didn't their coaches come on here and brag about how they were going to "take down" "Maryland's elite teams" in HoCo this season? Wow, that effort sure got off to a great start.

AAA Prediction:
1. Team MD (as always)
2. Instagram Clippers
3. Blue Claws
4. FCA White
5. DCX
6. Hardshells (should be AA)
7. ProStart (didn't even make AA playoffs)
8. Cannons (another complete joke in AAA)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AAA
Blue Claws
Cannons
Clippers
Crabs Blue
DC Express Orange
FCA White
ProStart
Team MD
AA
Hawks Black
Coastal
HLC
HoCo
MDLL
Next Level Red
Predators
True NOVA
Wolfpack
Team VA[/quote]

Yeah there are going to be a bunch of complaining AA/A parents because a bunch of new teams were added to AAA/AA, and the AA/A teams have to make room by sliding down apparently. Bunch of coaches are having fun conversations with parents about how, yes we were low level AA and now somehow we're playing A or B. Remember that after about May 20, nobody on the planet will care that your kid played B league this year. But it is a little embarrassing tbh.

Also, the idea of ProStart in AAA is hilarious. The most notable coaching on that team has centered on coached flops on shoulder checks to generate the penalty.

HLC lost their head coach (took coaching job at UVA) and his son. Curious how that will go.

I see Clippers at AAA - didn't their coaches come on here and brag about how they were going to "take down" "Maryland's elite teams" in HoCo this season? Wow, that effort sure got off to a great start.

AAA Prediction:
1. Team MD (as always)
2. Instagram Clippers
3. Blue Claws
4. FCA White
5. DCX
6. Hardshells (should be AA)
7. ProStart (didn't even make AA playoffs)
8. Cannons (another complete joke in AAA)[/quote]
DCE Orange will win this division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how is Northern Virginia rec lacrosse (NVYLL) going to go for the 2028's last season? I hear that Vienna is stacked and Dulles South is always tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots in elite for HOCO? Parents really flying kids in for one game each weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t want to let a little thing like facts get in the way of your predictions, but it would have been very hard for ProStart to make the playoffs (at any level) when they didn’t even field a 2029 team last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how is Northern Virginia rec lacrosse (NVYLL) going to go for the 2028's last season? I hear that Vienna is stacked and Dulles South is always tough.

No one cares, NVYLL is dead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dulles South is not going to be the same as in past years. I am putting money on Vienna this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t want to let a little thing like facts get in the way of your predictions, but it would have been very hard for ProStart to make the playoffs (at any level) when they didn’t even field a 2029 team last year

Hey Sherlock this is a 2028 thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it a management issue or number of players issue? I am pretty sure the reason why VLC does not have a 2028 team is management.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dulles South is not going to be the same as in past years. I am putting money on Vienna this season.

You are smart. Vienna will dominate. But never count Dulles out. They draw from 5 or 6 HS pyramids so they have a huge pool of players so their A teams are always loaded with big, athletic kids, and the Dads who run the program are hard core. They will always be good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it a management issue or number of players issue? I am pretty sure the reason why VLC does not have a 2028 team is management.

VLC will be holding tryouts this summer for a fall 2028 team and given the large rosters on MadLax, DCE, and Next Level, that tryout will likely be well attended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the PP was responding, perhaps sarcastically, to the discussion of lower HoCo divisions. NVYLL is the Virginia equivalent of those divisions and probably has a longer life span than many of their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I live in VA but still agree with this. They need to go to 7v7, not enough kids who play to justify full teams and if the idea is to get new players lots of touches 7s is still better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I live in VA but still agree with this. They need to go to 7v7, not enough kids who play to justify full teams and if the idea is to get new players lots of touches 7s is still better.
Not a bad idea. My son played for a AAA team in NVYLL for several years, and the team was absolutely stacked. All but one of the 17 kids on his 12U team were on HoCo Elite programs— Madlax, Next Level, or BLC. But I’ve heard that the league has struggled since Covid. Which is a shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some factual check-ins:

Signed, Daddy paid for my private school but I still didn't get into a top college

Signed, I paid my own way to the #1 national program in my academic area (top 25 overall), from a highly ranked public high school....and knew not to do the same to my kids.

-Finished in top 10% of my HS class with several APs....but no merit aid because admissions officers didn't know my public school
-Despite academic overachieving, was not well prepped for college responsibilities and courseload.
-Had trouble getting my coaches to call college coaches, since all our coaches were also full time teachers who coached minimum 3 sports, and LOL it was the 90s and who's playing lacrosse at the next level, that's not a thing.
-How do you compete when the private schools' college counselors go on road junkets to visit the colleges their students want to apply to...and the public school college counselors barely know anybody's name?

For a C minus student at Spalding who is a 3rd line attackman in 12th grade, yes, sure public/private probably makes ZERO difference, and every private school has those kids. But for achievers, it matters...if you've had to compete against private school (or magnet school) academic products before about age 25, you know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC will be holding tryouts this summer for a fall 2028 team and given the large rosters on MadLax, DCE, and Next Level, that tryout will likely be well attended.

Nope. Part of the reason those rosters are big is because of VLC's complete meltdown at 2028 before - they went from two full teams at that age (that were pretty good - won HOCO division) to none in a year. They blew their chance and no one is going to sign up for round two of that train weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Division Alignment:
Elite: Hawks, Crabs, DC Express, FCA, MadLax, Next Level, Team 91, Team Money
AAA: Blue Claws, Clippers, Crabs Blue, DC Express Orange, FCA White, Team MD, Cannons, ProStart
AA: Coastal, HLC, HoCo, MDLL, Next Level Red, Predators, Team VA, True NOVA, Wolfpack, Hawks Black
A: Clippers Red, Blue Heron, Kelly Post, ProStart White, Top Caliber, True Baltimore, True Chesapeake, Ville, Zingos
B: Blue Claws Blue, HLC White, Legends, MadLax DMV, MDLL Blue, Team MD Red, True Baltimore Green, True NOVA Green

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Part of the reason those rosters are big is because of VLC's complete meltdown at 2028 before - they went from two full teams at that age (that were pretty good - won HOCO division) to none in a year. They blew their chance and no one is going to sign up for round two of that train weak.

I agree with this. As much as I would like to see VLC succeed in the 2028, those who have left will probably not come back. Now that those have moved to other programs with better management, consistent coaching, and practice facilities. If VLC does build a team for 2028, it will never be as competitive as NL, DCE, and even ML. This is coming from a previous VLC parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this. As much as I would like to see VLC succeed in the 2028, those who have left will probably not come back. Now that those have moved to other programs with better management, consistent coaching, and practice facilities. If VLC does build a team for 2028, it will never be as competitive as NL, DCE, and even ML. This is coming from a previous VLC parent.

Also former VLC and would never go back. They were completely disorganized and the program verged on being openly hostile with families that asked questions.

If one team falls apart then maybe you can blame others, but when you somehow destroy two 2028 teams (and one of your 2029 teams) in the space of 12 months, it’s hard to think that the organization itself isn’t the problem. Much happier where we are now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAA: Blue Claws, Clippers, Crabs Blue, DC Express Orange, FCA White, Team MD, Cannons, ProStart
AA: Coastal, HLC, HoCo, MDLL, Next Level Red, Predators, Team VA, True NOVA, Wolfpack, Hawks Black
A: Clippers Red, Blue Heron, Kelly Post, ProStart White, Top Caliber, True Baltimore, True Chesapeake, Ville, Zingos
B: Blue Claws Blue, HLC White, Legends, MadLax DMV, MDLL Blue, Team MD Red, True Baltimore Green, True NOVA Green
Is this fact or speculation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hits all the data points I know for a fact, which run from Elite to B league.

Hey look, the Sidewinders families who took the Clippers kool aid, are now playing back in A league like in 3rd grade (so the True Ches kids can play on the Clippers AAA side). Standard youth lax maneuver right there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hits all the data points I know for a fact, which run from Elite to B league.

Hey look, the Sidewinders families who took the Clippers kool aid, are now playing back in A league like in 3rd grade (so the True Ches kids can play on the Clippers AAA side). Standard youth lax maneuver right there.
If Team Money doesn't have Freedom players no way they survive Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also former VLC and would never go back. They were completely disorganized and the program verged on being openly hostile with families that asked questions.

If one team falls apart then maybe you can blame others, but when you somehow destroy two 2028 teams (and one of your 2029 teams) in the space of 12 months, it’s hard to think that the organization itself isn’t the problem. Much happier where we are now.

VLC 28 was a dumpster fire on a sinking ship. One of the worst experiences I’ve had as a parent of athletes. The disorganization, the lack of communication and the refusal to listen to parents made that team impossible ti stay on. In fairness my son loved the other boys on the team and I’m still good friends with many of the parents but the last straw was when they refused to put the boys in appropriate tournaments.

VLC can not be successful if they insist on putting their teams exclusively in elite tournaments. If your son was an elite player he wouldn’t be on VLC. VLC like True NOVA Top Caliber and Hammers/Team Virginia are for boys who want to get better at lacrosse and have a little fun. No way VLC 28 ever makes a comeback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Early prediction for Elite:

Hawks
FCA
DCE
NL
Crabs
Team Money
Madlax
Team 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the 28 class land for high school? Any surprises?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the 28 class land for high school? Any surprises?

AACO top players going to Spalding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what my kid has told me from the 8 grade hallways talk:

The strongest class is either Spalding or CH.

Spalding / CH
BL
SP or McD (depends on how many out of town kids they get to come)
Loyola
StM

Don’t know much about the rest.

Like Reply Quote
Page 242 of 260 1 2 240 241 242 243 244 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard