Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t want to let a little thing like facts get in the way of your predictions, but it would have been very hard for ProStart to make the playoffs (at any level) when they didn’t even field a 2029 team last year

Is it a management issue or number of players issue? I am pretty sure the reason why VLC does not have a 2028 team is management.

VLC will be holding tryouts this summer for a fall 2028 team and given the large rosters on MadLax, DCE, and Next Level, that tryout will likely be well attended.

Nope. Part of the reason those rosters are big is because of VLC's complete meltdown at 2028 before - they went from two full teams at that age (that were pretty good - won HOCO division) to none in a year. They blew their chance and no one is going to sign up for round two of that train weak.

I agree with this. As much as I would like to see VLC succeed in the 2028, those who have left will probably not come back. Now that those have moved to other programs with better management, consistent coaching, and practice facilities. If VLC does build a team for 2028, it will never be as competitive as NL, DCE, and even ML. This is coming from a previous VLC parent.

Also former VLC and would never go back. They were completely disorganized and the program verged on being openly hostile with families that asked questions.

If one team falls apart then maybe you can blame others, but when you somehow destroy two 2028 teams (and one of your 2029 teams) in the space of 12 months, it’s hard to think that the organization itself isn’t the problem. Much happier where we are now.

VLC 28 was a dumpster fire on a sinking ship. One of the worst experiences I’ve had as a parent of athletes. The disorganization, the lack of communication and the refusal to listen to parents made that team impossible ti stay on. In fairness my son loved the other boys on the team and I’m still good friends with many of the parents but the last straw was when they refused to put the boys in appropriate tournaments.

VLC can not be successful if they insist on putting their teams exclusively in elite tournaments. If your son was an elite player he wouldn’t be on VLC. VLC like True NOVA Top Caliber and Hammers/Team Virginia are for boys who want to get better at lacrosse and have a little fun. No way VLC 28 ever makes a comeback.