BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,300
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 236 of 260 1 2 234 235 236 237 238 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The politics of entitled rich parents of mediocre athletes posturing for playing time for their kids continues into high school.

Some coaches are more adept at handling this than others.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Doesn't crabs have 2 teams?

Yep, basically Crabs-Regular and Crabs-Ex Preds
Did all the best Preds players really leave for Crabs?

Some stayed, some left (not just for crabs), and some that were not the best even left too (crabs B team)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some stayed, some left (not just for crabs), and some that were not the best even left too (crabs B team)
Preds is the worst organization out there. Cant believe they infested Maryland. Theyre the laughing stock rag tag bunch of wanna bes in their home market who is the fool that bought in to bringing them south? Run now they literally only get worse and communicate less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The politics of entitled rich parents of mediocre athletes posturing for playing time for their kids continues into high school.

If you want to avoid entitled rich parents and mediocre athletes, you probably shouldn’t have gotten your kid involved in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE coach is hard on the Hawks's attack from Bethesda, 2 goalies, 2-3 ML boys, and another NL attack and goalie. leave it alone if you want your kid to ever get on the field. odds are stacked against him and you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to avoid entitled rich parents and mediocre athletes, you probably shouldn’t have gotten your kid involved in lacrosse.

Yeah....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preds is the worst organization out there. Cant believe they infested Maryland. Theyre the laughing stock rag tag bunch of wanna bes in their home market who is the fool that bought in to bringing them south? Run now they literally only get worse and communicate less.

Thanks King Crab ! Sorry your club has been losing players to talk of Baltimore for last few years. Talk of Baltimore is the talk for a good reason, club on the raise and whose destiny is to be better than King Crab and his Club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please translate this into English.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE coach is hard on the Hawks's attack from Bethesda, 2 goalies, 2-3 ML boys, and another NL attack and goalie. leave it alone if you want your kid to ever get on the field. odds are stacked against him and you.
No clue what this post is an attempt at conveying—

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won AA last year with equal playing time of 28 players and below average coaching. Probably could of won AAA with best 15 kids playing. Looks like they lost a lot players to better teams. I wouldn't say "laughing stock" their big guy. I'm sure many clubs will look different right before high school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won AA last year with equal playing time of 28 players and below average coaching. Probably could have won AAA with best 15 kids playing. Looks like they lost a lot players to better teams. I wouldn't say "laughing stock" their big guy. I'm sure many clubs will look different right before high school.
Was talking about the organization which would be backed up by your statements about Average Coaching and players leaving for better teams. Smart move by those players and parents. As I said, run fast and far. It only gets worse. It is actually amazing that they got out of Westchester. The guys up there are beyond knucklehead BS artists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone is salty that they didn't get an offer. Keep hitting the wall and maybe you'll get there eventually. #PrideofMD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*could’ve

*there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won AA last year with equal playing time of 28 players and below average coaching. Probably could of won AAA with best 15 kids playing. Looks like they lost a lot players to better teams. I wouldn't say "laughing stock" their big guy. I'm sure many clubs will look different right before high school.

Actually, pretty true. They had some solid players. Especially one of their goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone is really bitter they were told to leave the Talk of Baltimore Predators . What happened, their attempt to give all players some playing hurt little Johnny's and your entitled dreams of playing the entire game. Couldnt take it. Tough when a team wants to improve all the players, not just your delusional D1 player and Daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know either, but I will take guess. Someone asked recently if DCE would be holding supplemental tryouts to pick up further MadLax players. This looks like maybe a response from a DCE parent, worried about her son’s place on the team, discouraging new players from looking at the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know either, but I will take guess. Someone asked recently if DCE would be holding supplemental tryouts to pick up further MadLax players. This looks like maybe a response from a DCE parent, worried about her son’s place on the team, discouraging new players from looking at the team?

My takeaway was DCE has 3 goalies and the coach is hard on all 3???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the HoCo registration is:
Elite 10
AAA 5
AA 11
The league will either make some decisions or have a playoff i guess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 10
AAA 5
AA 11

What are the ten in elite? I would assume Crabs, Hawks, ML, FCA, NL, DCE, and 91. Who are the other three?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 10
AAA 5
AA 11

What are the ten in elite? I would assume Crabs, Hawks, ML, FCA, NL, DCE, and 91. Who are the other three?
Teams are not listed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 10
AAA 5
AA 11

Clippers. Preds. Crabs B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone is really bitter they were told to leave the Talk of Baltimore Predators . What happened, their attempt to give all players some playing hurt little Johnny's and your entitled dreams of playing the entire game. Couldnt take it. Tough when a team wants to improve all the players, not just your delusional D1 player and Daddy.
We played the Preds before this past fall, and we played them this past fall. They are not an Elite team, not even close to it. Whichnis totaly fine, I hope the kids enjoy playing organized lacrosse. But to say they’re even close to AAA or Elite is comics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 10
AAA 5
AA 11

Unless a few more teams register, it will end up

Elite 8

AAA 8

AA 10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL parent here. My kid has a ton of buddies on that team, they’re going to be good. They beat us in an epic OT goal in November. Their TWO goalies are very good. They’re a very athletic team.
Didnt see Madlax this fall, but I suspect they’ll be fine with what they picked up from several teams that disbanded. And without the maniac coach pacing the sidelines, they might even surprise some.

HoCo should be fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 10
AAA 5
AA 11

Teams are not listed
Either they got some Philly teams to come down or we’ve got three teams coming up from AAA who will get absolutely trounced by the big 6 (Hawks, FCA, Crabs, DCE, NL, Madlax).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML is elite? Hahahahha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML is elite? Hahahahha

Yes, they are. Sorry little Johnny wasnt up to playing elite, always tennis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL parent here. My kid has a ton of buddies on that team, they’re going to be good. They beat us in an epic OT goal in November. Their TWO goalies are very good. They’re a very athletic team.
Didnt see Madlax this fall, but I suspect they’ll be fine with what they picked up from several teams that disbanded. And without the maniac coach pacing the sidelines, they might even surprise some.

HoCo should be fun.
You are your reasonable observations of three competitive teams whose kids all know and like each other are not welcome here! Scram!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML is elite? Hahahahha
The Burrito Supremes experiment is NOT going as planned. 1-2 in CA, missed the bracket (8 of the 14 teams made it, so that’s dismal at best). Not a cheap trip to go out there and get shelled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML is elite? Hahahahha
The Burrito Supremes experiment is NOT going as planned. 1-2 in CA, missed the bracket (8 of the 14 teams made it, so that’s dismal at best). Not a cheap trip to go out there and get shelled.

Funny that an adult is gleeful about an 8th grade team getting “shelled.” I wonder why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML is elite? Hahahahha

Funny that an adult is gleeful about an 8th grade team getting “shelled.” I wonder why.
Where do I start…. It’s Madlax… ahem … the Supremes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo should be fun.

This is way too positive for this forum. I am going to have to ask you to step up your [Censored] talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know either, but I will take guess. Someone asked recently if DCE would be holding supplemental tryouts to pick up further MadLax players. This looks like maybe a response from a DCE parent, worried about her son’s place on the team, discouraging new players from looking at the team?[/quote]

My takeaway was DCE has 3 goalies and the coach is hard on all 3???[/quote]

HoCo should be fun.[/quote]

This is way too positive for this forum. I am going to have to ask you to step up your [Censored] talk.[/quote]

From what I saw in the fall, NL goalkeeping and D are strong, and DCE goalkeeping and D are also strong, they're pretty evenly matched. Did not see the NL second goalie play, I think he's new, I assume he's good but most likely a slight dropoff from the big kid. Not a lot of scoring in the fall for either team but the fall tourney rules are running clock/no shot clock so that had an impact. Whichever team figures out their offense first will have the edge over the other.

My $0.02, Hawks are the favorite for Elite, FCA prob just below them (this is based on last year, I did not see them play in the summer/fall FWIW). Then NL/DCE/Crabs seem pretty even so they'll each be battling for spots 3-5, with ML just below them. If there are 10 teams in Elite this year and we have a Philly and/or NJ team (Freedom? BBL? Leading Edge?) then that would make me recalibrate because all of those teams are also pretty good.

Whatever happens, should be a great final season for Hoco, fool to think it's ending now, I feel like I was just signing my son up for Scoopers last week and now here we are.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Burrito Supremes experiment is NOT going as planned. 1-2 in CA, missed the bracket (8 of the 14 teams made it, so that’s dismal at best). Not a cheap trip to go out there and get shelled. (quote)

Funny that an adult is gleeful about an 8th grade team getting “shelled.” I wonder why. (quote)

It does seem troubling that an adult would track the scores of a team that his kid doesn't even play for over a holiday weekend and find so much joy in trashing that team on a public forum. Maybe it makes you feel good about yourself, and that probably says more (or less) about you than it does about Madlax and/or any national team that they organize. Maybe people liked the idea of going to a good tournament in a cool setting and spending time with their sons. Maybe the kids ACTUALLY wanted to go and play. Maybe some are grasping to play on a "national" team, but I would bet nearly every dad on this fool forum is working that angle too ... hello, Red Hots, Mojo, etc. Whatever the case may be, why do you care? Let people do their thing. I think the animonsity on this forum, and particularly the animonsity towards Madlax is only a thing for a handful of bitter dads who've turned it into an obsession. I don't think the kids actually care much and I know my kid is much more excited and motivated to see the JV/varsity process begin and compete against kids he actually considers friends at other schools. What you should be focused on is whether your own kid's club experience is preparing them for that. Not how the Burrito Supremes did last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Burrito Supremes experiment is NOT going as planned. 1-2 in CA, missed the bracket (8 of the 14 teams made it, so that’s dismal at best). Not a cheap trip to go out there and get shelled. (quote)

Funny that an adult is gleeful about an 8th grade team getting “shelled.” I wonder why. (quote)

It does seem troubling that an adult would track the scores of a team that his kid doesn't even play for over a holiday weekend and find so much joy in trashing that team on a public forum. Maybe it makes you feel good about yourself, and that probably says more (or less) about you than it does about Madlax and/or any national team that they organize. Maybe people liked the idea of going to a good tournament in a cool setting and spending time with their sons. Maybe the kids ACTUALLY wanted to go and play. Maybe some are grasping to play on a "national" team, but I would bet nearly every dad on this fool forum is working that angle too ... hello, Red Hots, Mojo, etc. Whatever the case may be, why do you care? Let people do their thing. I think the animonsity on this forum, and particularly the animonsity towards Madlax is only a thing for a handful of bitter dads who've turned it into an obsession. I don't think the kids actually care much and I know my kid is much more excited and motivated to see the JV/varsity process begin and compete against kids he actually considers friends at other schools. What you should be focused on is whether your own kid's club experience is preparing them for that. Not how the Burrito Supremes did last weekend.
Thanks Dad. Perhaps it’s just an innocent bystander who has watched these Madlax parents boast and ridicule, or have to witness the coach’s behavior year after year. Nauseating. So yeah— watching said coach’s experiment flop on its face is quite gratifying. And no, it’s not just a select few who detest Madlax, it’s virtually the entire lacrosse community who doesn’t have a kid playing for that guy. The feeling is universal. And yes, it’ll be great for your kids to see the varsity/JV process begin, where they actually have some positive influence rather than the poster boy of everything wrong with youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't the Supremes. It was Supreme West.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell didn’t want to go out there and jeopardize the Burrito Supremes’ stellar 2-3 record/ranking position from Orlando. Just like he called them the Madlax Monuments last year, or the Madlax Nationals, or Madlax Capital, depending on the narrative he was trying to spin.

The 26’s and 27’s didn’t fare any better for that matter out West

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least ML is playing and getting out there. They were 3-2 and one of the losses was to an incredible Boston Phinest team who went to the finals. Cant wait to see the score when some of the other area teams play that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on the results I think it will retroactively be the Supreme West Monuments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least ML is playing and getting out there. They were 3-2 and one of the losses was to an incredible Boston Phinest team who went to the finals. Cant wait to see the score when some of the other area teams play that team.

They're basically 3d NE, which someone was just on here trying to tell people is a worse program than Laxachussets despite every objective data point to the contrary.

Also, this is a hilarious ML boast since ML is the poster child of trying to block other teams from "playing and getting out there" in tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
Page 236 of 260 1 2 234 235 236 237 238 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard