Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Burrito Supremes experiment is NOT going as planned. 1-2 in CA, missed the bracket (8 of the 14 teams made it, so that’s dismal at best). Not a cheap trip to go out there and get shelled. (quote)

Funny that an adult is gleeful about an 8th grade team getting “shelled.” I wonder why. (quote)

It does seem troubling that an adult would track the scores of a team that his kid doesn't even play for over a holiday weekend and find so much joy in trashing that team on a public forum. Maybe it makes you feel good about yourself, and that probably says more (or less) about you than it does about Madlax and/or any national team that they organize. Maybe people liked the idea of going to a good tournament in a cool setting and spending time with their sons. Maybe the kids ACTUALLY wanted to go and play. Maybe some are grasping to play on a "national" team, but I would bet nearly every dad on this fool forum is working that angle too ... hello, Red Hots, Mojo, etc. Whatever the case may be, why do you care? Let people do their thing. I think the animonsity on this forum, and particularly the animonsity towards Madlax is only a thing for a handful of bitter dads who've turned it into an obsession. I don't think the kids actually care much and I know my kid is much more excited and motivated to see the JV/varsity process begin and compete against kids he actually considers friends at other schools. What you should be focused on is whether your own kid's club experience is preparing them for that. Not how the Burrito Supremes did last weekend.
Thanks Dad. Perhaps it’s just an innocent bystander who has watched these Madlax parents boast and ridicule, or have to witness the coach’s behavior year after year. Nauseating. So yeah— watching said coach’s experiment flop on its face is quite gratifying. And no, it’s not just a select few who detest Madlax, it’s virtually the entire lacrosse community who doesn’t have a kid playing for that guy. The feeling is universal. And yes, it’ll be great for your kids to see the varsity/JV process begin, where they actually have some positive influence rather than the poster boy of everything wrong with youth sports.