Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DCE coach is hard on the Hawks's attack from Bethesda, 2 goalies, 2-3 ML boys, and another NL attack and goalie. leave it alone if you want your kid to ever get on the field. odds are stacked against him and you.
No clue what this post is an attempt at conveying—

I don’t know either, but I will take guess. Someone asked recently if DCE would be holding supplemental tryouts to pick up further MadLax players. This looks like maybe a response from a DCE parent, worried about her son’s place on the team, discouraging new players from looking at the team?[/quote]

My takeaway was DCE has 3 goalies and the coach is hard on all 3???[/quote]

NL parent here. My kid has a ton of buddies on that team, they’re going to be good. They beat us in an epic OT goal in November. Their TWO goalies are very good. They’re a very athletic team.
Didnt see Madlax this fall, but I suspect they’ll be fine with what they picked up from several teams that disbanded. And without the maniac coach pacing the sidelines, they might even surprise some.

HoCo should be fun.[/quote]

This is way too positive for this forum. I am going to have to ask you to step up your [Censored] talk.[/quote]

From what I saw in the fall, NL goalkeeping and D are strong, and DCE goalkeeping and D are also strong, they're pretty evenly matched. Did not see the NL second goalie play, I think he's new, I assume he's good but most likely a slight dropoff from the big kid. Not a lot of scoring in the fall for either team but the fall tourney rules are running clock/no shot clock so that had an impact. Whichever team figures out their offense first will have the edge over the other.

My $0.02, Hawks are the favorite for Elite, FCA prob just below them (this is based on last year, I did not see them play in the summer/fall FWIW). Then NL/DCE/Crabs seem pretty even so they'll each be battling for spots 3-5, with ML just below them. If there are 10 teams in Elite this year and we have a Philly and/or NJ team (Freedom? BBL? Leading Edge?) then that would make me recalibrate because all of those teams are also pretty good.

Whatever happens, should be a great final season for Hoco, fool to think it's ending now, I feel like I was just signing my son up for Scoopers last week and now here we are.