BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,387
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 64 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I noticed. So will we ever get a good gage of which teams are the best?

Rankings needs to be verified properly.
1) Club teams. Teams that practice and play together all year. Same roster august thru July.
2)National teams should be labeled as a “show case team 1,2 or 3”. Since it’s such a player turnover tournament to tournament, put a number after the team name for each tournament unless the keep the same roster.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah kind of fool to see a west coast and Ohio team in the championship game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Resolute team had 10+ different helmets and the kids were monsters compared to the actual club teams who were there. Sweetlax brought their combined national team as did WCS. National, mixed, all star, combined teams whatever you want to call it were all over NLF this year. There should be an actual tournament with on-age kids playing for their actual club. Would be so refreshing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. Kids will practice and the regional club will de-conflict tournament schedules with the national teams. Not that hard.

Where are these kids practicing? They certainly aren't making every practice if they have to travel from NOVA to Annapolis - a couple of times a week. Maybe on weekends but doing that on week day nights - good luck with that. If they aren't practicing with TC, who are they practicing with? Hitting the wall and athletic training only gets you so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Resolute team had 10+ different helmets and the kids were monsters compared to the actual club teams who were there. Sweetlax brought their combined national team as did WCS. National, mixed, all star, combined teams whatever you want to call it were all over NLF this year. There should be an actual tournament with on-age kids playing for their actual club. Would be so refreshing.

Next year. Our only year of it.

West Coast, Resolute and Leading Edge all had some big boys. The 91 LI team put out some big poles and the Eclipse team some very big attackmen. Maybe these kids started growing early and others have not started yet. I can’t imagine everyone is running with 13 and 14 year olds.

Agree there should be no national teams at the NLF. Sweetlax should be Upstate or Florida, not the Navy national team. West Coast Starz shouldn’t be allowed in at all because they are also a national team from all over.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just look at the WCS page. They create rosters of their choosing to play. “ROSTERS: We will select travel team rosters of up to 26 players per team (6 Attack, 6 Midfield, 2 SSDM, 2 FOGO, 2 LSM, 6 Defense, 2 Goalie).” Run by Adrenaline lacrosse. The team was very good but the reality is these kids aren’t learning anything. Wonder what there year round teams are? Anyone can win doing this. I agree only established teams should be allowed. That’s a real gage of quality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are tryouts going around Maryland / DMV area?? From what I've seen / heard.........

-Preds 2029 had over 65+ kids the first night and are moving forward with 2 teams. Lots of True Baltimore Helmets....a few FCA....a few 91.
-True 2029 Baltimore seems to be combining and having an outbreak of players leaving. Looks like 1 weaker team.
-True 2029 Chesapeake picked up several top players from VLC. Sounds like several former players were blindsided and are looking for homes.
-FCA had over 60+ kids on the first night....lots of 91 helmets....a couple LTLC....a couple True Chesapeake....a couple Team Money. Will be interesting if they pursue 2 teams.
-Team 91 helmets have been all over the map. Will be interesting to see how many people leave the program.
-Crabs 2029 / LTLC 2029 had 25-30 kids...with several True Baltimore helmets mixed in with the Crabs helmets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds had a lot of True Baltimore players because of the mess at True. Chatted with a TB parent. Team 91 helmets everywhere. How many went to the 91 tryouts? FCA and Preds will carry two teams. Why not the money $$$$. Crabs/LTLC I am sure will add some talent. Sounds like there was a mixed of all helmets all around. Next season will be interesting as many by players will be playing against former players.

Wonder - (some light thoughts)

How many kids left a team because of playing time only to find out they are on a B team or still not getting playing time.

How many parents thought the grass was greener on the other side and it was that much worse.

How many parents and players moved and it was the best thing they did?

Which players/parents thought their spots were guaranteed? Suprise! He gone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will 91 still be elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Baltimore is trying to sell their Green (B) team off as the new Black team and tell kids they will get to play for an elite program. Wonder how many families will get duped by True again.

Biggest question of the summer is how will Preds fare in Elite. They added some pieces from True but I don't see how they will be able to match up to ML/NL/Hawks/TC/FCA/LTLC....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard FCA still has some holes to fill on the roster and hasn't identified solutions yet for Lefty Attack, Mid, and FOGO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will 91 still be elite?

Millon staves off the collapse of his 29 team for another by absorbing Kelly Post.

However, adding a bunch of KP players won't make 91 Elite.

This program won't get back on track until MM moves the team down to AAA and lets the kids develop.

Right now, 91 is a great way to get your kid to quit lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will 91 still be elite?

Millon staves off the collapse of his 29 team for another by absorbing Kelly Post.

This program won't get back on track until MM moves the team down to AAA and lets the kids develop.

Not gonna happen. A key part of Millon's model is that "every one of our teams plays at the highest bracket available." Yes they may only score 5 goals per calendar year and win 0 games, but they play elite competition and by the way have you seen our 2023 and 2025 teams.

This is important because it keeps the engine running (and funds coming in) until HS when all these kids will be gone, and Millon will fill the gaps with local and out of state private school kids who can play at a high level. The sales pitch after a 9th grade full of new kids, and good wins, will be "see, you parents of 2038 grads, we've developed these 2029 kids since 3rd grade."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless Preds have some major players come in, they won't be able to keep up with the elite teams. It's a totally different game speed. ML/NL/Hawks/TC/FCA/LTLC have experienced this level of lacrosse through tournaments and Hoco. Wonder who be the added to Hoco? VLC, 91, Preds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Million do yourself a favor and move those kids down to AAA. Heard a bunch of KP kids went to 91. Haven't they seen their record and success over the past few years? I know it's not about wins and losses necesarilly but you haven't improved. SMH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 record since 11/22 -Present. 5 wins 20 Losses 1 tie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts-Play for a legit elite team where you are a second stringer with some playing time or make AA B Team expecting/hoping to play more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like there are still lots of moving parts, it will be interesting to see what happens when the dust settles. We all know that ML, Hawks, NL, TC and FCA will be the real winners in the race to the top of 2029. It still bothers me that the little guys usually lose out when their best players move on but I do understand it, and yes my son plays for one of the little guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts-Play for a legit elite team where you are a second stringer with some playing time or make AA B Team expecting/hoping to play more.

Depends on the kid. Will they be happier playing more or being a role player on a more tented team. It’s about what helps them grow and being happy with their situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 record since 11/22 -Present. 5 wins 20 Losses 1 tie.

Across the board for 91 in 8th grade below has been losing. They don't have a playbook to make winning teams. Skills sessions and all that. Fine. You need more practice then a B/C gets to become elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caring about elite at this age is silly. Find a good coach and get good minutes and training

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the tryout season is winding down, any observations from those who hit multiple team tryouts? Are there any teams out there without Dad coaches? Seems like every tryout we went to had that dynamic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think all team had dad coaches and I see nothing wrong with that as long as the dads are honest with themselves about putting the beat team out there. I was at multiple try outs and it looks like the same players went to multiple tryouts. I recognized the same players at the same teams. Either the parents have influenced each other or players that are middle of the road are trying to find a team where they won’t be. Just an honest evaluation. The boys are entering a time in their lacrosse “career” where division in talent is becoming more apparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think all team had dad coaches and I see nothing wrong with that as long as the dads are honest with themselves about putting the beat team out there. I was at multiple try outs and it looks like the same players went to multiple tryouts. I recognized the same players at the same teams. Either the parents have influenced each other or players that are middle of the road are trying to find a team where they won’t be. Just an honest evaluation. The boys are entering a time in their lacrosse “career” where division in talent is becoming more apparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were at multiple tryouts but it was only to get ready for the team tryout he wanted to make. We did notify teams right away of making the team that we declined. And I think its good to tryout for multiple teams. You need to see the difference between clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that’s good way to look at it.

Here’s a thought - ever team in the 2029s has tryouts during the same month. No team can contact players to offer them positions until a specific day. Giving players and parents opportunities to find a team.

What are you thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here’s a thought - ever team in the 2029s has tryouts during the same month. No team can contact players to offer them positions until a specific day. Giving players and parents opportunities to find a team.

What are you thoughts?

That would be nice but there is no governing body and the clubs have no incentive to cooperate. Going through this with my older son, I've found if you are open and honest about your plans and possible options that clubs will hold a spot for you. If you call the "gotta decide within 24hr" bluff you'll usually win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you thoughts?

That would be nice but there is no governing body and the clubs have no incentive to cooperate. Going through this with my older son, I've found if you are open and honest about your plans and possible options that clubs will hold a spot for you. If you call the "gotta decide within 24hr" bluff you'll usually win.

The issue is no government body. This is basically the rule in girls travel volleyball. There is generally a set time frame (usually right at the end of the HS season) when all tryouts are held in about a span of 2 weeks. Offers are extended and you have 2 days to decide. There is some lee way about extensions but not much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any rumors on which elite teams improved or took a step back post tryouts? Impact of Age Verification on teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to remind you ego maniacs that you’re talking about free agency rules like they are professional athletes. Good lord. How about teach your kids to stop looking for the next best thing or to chase rankings. Talkin about governing bodies. You sound like [Censored]

Club lax is quite honestly ruining the growth of the game in maryland. There should be no clubs outside if elite and 3A…there should be rec for everyone else.

It’s all smoke and mirrors…Long Island does it right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lax killed Rec. And is destroying the growth of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it didn’t, that is nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, King Crab .. The Directors of Clubs are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will 91 still be elite?

Not gonna happen. A key part of Millon's model is that "every one of our teams plays at the highest bracket available." Yes they may only score 5 goals per calendar year and win 0 games, but they play elite competition and by the way have you seen our 2023 and 2025 teams.

This is important because it keeps the engine running (and funds coming in) until HS when all these kids will be gone, and Millon will fill the gaps with local and out of state private school kids who can play at a high level. The sales pitch after a 9th grade full of new kids, and good wins, will be "see, you parents of 2038 grads, we've developed these 2029 kids since 3rd grade."
91 only wants what is best for players, They play elite to get better. Proof is in our teams, look at how they play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It absolutely is, unless your goal is to make sure it remains an elitist sport that you can only play if your family has thousands of dollars a year to spend in order to give you a proper experience.

But I’m sure that sentiment won’t resonate with most of you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are to blame. Not the clubs. FOMO, magnet envy and actually believing that playing club at an elementary school age will secure a spot later on all make parents run to play club. Rec programs certainly didn't do what they could have to keep up. There are still rec options and some good rec based clubs, but overall not enough to overcome the desire to win the local cocktail hours and school drop-off lines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do children play travel baseball? Or AAU basketball? Winter/club swimming; heck, country club swimming is huge in the summer. Every sport has it. If you don’t want your son/daughter playing cuz you believe it’s ruining the sport, don’t play. Simple. Why judge others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree! Lacrosse is an elitist. There are people very good people that are growing the game while keeping a very high standard of lacrosse they are able to find a balance. I say people not necessarily teams. The money in this youth sport is very appealing. If I was a lacrosse guy from the beginning I would have jumped on it and taken my share of the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that tryouts are over. How did teams do?(remember no kid name or numbers)? FCA looks to create two teams with Preds. FCA lost a big lefty to the new rule but should be ok. Preds have added a lot of players from True. Not sure about LTLC but their core seems to be there. True Baltimore seems the same as last year with the combination of both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It absolutely is, unless your goal is to make sure it remains an elitist sport that you can only play if your family has thousands of dollars a year to spend in order to give you a proper experience.

But I’m sure that sentiment won’t resonate with most of you.

Club soccer, AAU basketball, Travel baseball, heck there are even club football teams these days, and you are telling me that club lacrosse is an elitist thing, and responsible for the demise of Rec lacrosse—the fact is Rec sports cannot keep up with the demand that exists. Many club lacrosse teams recognize there are families that cannot write the check for their fees and have scholarships built in to their business model. The narrative that club lax is killing Rec is old tired and just wrong. My child plays both but I have different expectations for each, club has better coaching and more opportunities for events and playing teams from different areas while Rec is typically volunteer dads that may or may not have actually played lacrosse. Games are more local to the area we live and it is mostly about getting to play with classmates and friends that may not play club lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 64 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard