Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club lax killed Rec. And is destroying the growth of the game.

No it didn’t, that is nonsense.

It absolutely is, unless your goal is to make sure it remains an elitist sport that you can only play if your family has thousands of dollars a year to spend in order to give you a proper experience.

But I’m sure that sentiment won’t resonate with most of you.

Club soccer, AAU basketball, Travel baseball, heck there are even club football teams these days, and you are telling me that club lacrosse is an elitist thing, and responsible for the demise of Rec lacrosse—the fact is Rec sports cannot keep up with the demand that exists. Many club lacrosse teams recognize there are families that cannot write the check for their fees and have scholarships built in to their business model. The narrative that club lax is killing Rec is old tired and just wrong. My child plays both but I have different expectations for each, club has better coaching and more opportunities for events and playing teams from different areas while Rec is typically volunteer dads that may or may not have actually played lacrosse. Games are more local to the area we live and it is mostly about getting to play with classmates and friends that may not play club lacrosse.