BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,925
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow. Eclipse or Prime Time parent really showing their true colors here. 2WAY followed all the rules and did great. Every team there competed hard and played fair. Funny to see complaints about 2WAY when their best players this year plaid up (not down) and were amongst their best players on last year's world series team. Nice posts Eclipse dads. 10 boys from your 2027 team are re-classing to 2028s. New Canaan has gone fool. Eclipse is now the worst offender of re-classing. Worse than 3D New England, Madlax, and everyone else. A whole 2028 squad with 2008 and 2009 birth year boys. Way to go Eclipse.

Big deal. Most programs have many hold backs. 91 and Express eventually have all their St. Anthony's and Chaminade guys. Kids from FL and TX. MD and NE prep schools all hold backs. Eclipse doing what everyone else is. This is nothing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are reclassing you won’t be able to play in any NLF tournaments or US Club Lax National Championships and who knows how many other tournaments by next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are reclassing you won’t be able to play in any NLF tournaments or US Club Lax National Championships and who knows how many other tournaments by next summer.

The reclass calculus is going to get more complicated but it will still happen. When a reclass is in 8th grade and their on-age team is in 9th grade they'll miss out on the development in Spring when their teammates are playing for their highschools. They'll be at a big disadvantage when the HS season ends and the team prepares for and plays summer tournaments. I suppose they could practice with their clubs 8th grade team during the Spring to help mitigate that if allowed.

I'm not a parent of a reclass so I can't speak for the rationale, but I assume it's all about getting the advantage during the sophomore year of HS which still doesn't really change. The instagram videos during the younger grades were just a bonus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reclass calculus is going to get more complicated but it will still happen. When a reclass is in 8th grade and their on-age team is in 9th grade they'll miss out on the development in Spring when their teammates are playing for their highschools. They'll be at a big disadvantage when the HS season ends and the team prepares for and plays summer tournaments. I suppose they could practice with their clubs 8th grade team during the Spring to help mitigate that if allowed.

I'm not a parent of a reclass so I can't speak for the rationale, but I assume it's all about getting the advantage during the sophomore year of HS which still doesn't really change. The instagram videos during the younger grades were just a bonus.

Ridiculous statement, the re-class kids are always better than the rest, check every D-1 roster, those kids look disadvantaged to you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season is here for Long Island and it seems some shakeups will be going on. The goal is to place your son on the best possible team that he contributes to, my metric of this would be be as a goalie, defender or attack man to play atleast 1/3 of the game and middies should be in the rotation (not 1-2 runs per game)

First off only 1 Long Island team is in the NLF Championship, the obvious team missing is Venom, I’d love to hear why they aren’t going.

The tier of teams has become very evident

Top AA - Express and Venom
With Venom bailing on NLF does this put the momentum behind Express going into tryouts?

AA - Legacy, Rush and S2S
With a few additions Rush and S2S can be more competitive with top teams, Legacy will probably bring in some new faces, will they be able to over the hump, big expectations this year, the best team they beat was S2S

Lower AA - BTB, Igloo, Rebels Hydra, Surge
Upset parents and drama at Hydra and Surge, they’ll definitely be new rosters next season, my guess is for the positive for Surge and negative for Rebels

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

Top B - Dune Dawgs, GSB, Hitmen

B- ECE, Legacy East, Rebels red wolves, recon

Struggling teams - BTB red, express Pomp, Rebels East, S2S scorpions

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of outsiders and surge kids at rebels tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smoke and mirrors from Express North. Lost several times in qualifiers. Lost this last weekend to Prime Time, who has barely won all summer. Somehow managed to beat BBL, Venom, and 2WAY. North cheated at LWSC championship. Shameful and disappointing for everyone involved. LWSC is seriously looking into this.

Parent of a North kid. What's shameful and disappointing is this nonsense. If you have specific claims I'm happy to address, but I know you have none as the team was legit. This past weekend the team had an off day Saturday, could be a let down from accomplishing something 24 others couldn't in Charlotte (and no team off Long Island EVER has). But that would also be unfair to Prime Time, who played their butts off in a one goal victory. FWIW, North came back and beat PT the following day 11-1. The North Team is solid and has been for a long time. Disrespected in the rankings going in, and boys love being underestimated with talk like "smoke and mirrors". Not saying team is better than our neighbors at Eclipse, 2 way, 3D, Chucks, Venom, etc...but for at least that week in Charlotte they were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season is here for Long Island and it seems some shakeups will be going on. The goal is to place your son on the best possible team that he contributes to, my metric of this would be be as a goalie, defender or attack man to play atleast 1/3 of the game and middies should be in the rotation (not 1-2 runs per game)

First off only 1 Long Island team is in the NLF Championship, the obvious team missing is Venom, I’d love to hear why they aren’t going.

With Venom bailing on NLF does this put the momentum behind Express going into tryouts?

With a few additions Rush and S2S can be more competitive with top teams, Legacy will probably bring in some new faces, will they be able to over the hump, big expectations this year, the best team they beat was S2S

Upset parents and drama at Hydra and Surge, they’ll definitely be new rosters next season, my guess is for the positive for Surge and negative for Rebels

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

NLF Championship is a sinking ship. Express blocks all LI teams. Other NLF clubs blocking all the best teams just because they're competitors. No LI teams beside Express. No 3D NE. No 2WAY. No BBL. What used to be a great tournament is now a non event. Venom doesn't even want to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They had 1 (maybe 2) players that were not in the qualifier roster that they brought, got called out for doing it, and still were allowed to play with the player(s). Add to that the team is a CT, NY, MA, PA, and NJ team that was mostly new players to the club/age group based out of Greenwich CT it was essentially an all-star team stretching the 100 mile rule pretty good. The program dumped ~10 players to bring on a group of kids from NJ who were all new to 2Way. These guys actually are worse than the Boston Blue Jays who at least didn’t pretend to be a club team. 2Way directors/coaches should be ashamed to have put those kids in that position. The team was booed and shouted at as “cheaters” after their win over Freedom. The entire stadium at the final was cheering for Express North over 2Way for obvious reasons. No wonder 2Way isn’t in the NAL or NLF.

If this is true it’s completely ridiculous and yet somehow not surprising - which says a lot for 2Way as a program. I’m glad they got waxed in the final.

This post clearly written by Express North coach or Prime Time. Absurd and ridiculous to claim any team at world series cheated. Everyone followed the rules. So telling that you sweat 2WAY so much and are obsessing about their U13 roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They had 1 (maybe 2) players that were not in the qualifier roster that they brought, got called out for doing it, and still were allowed to play with the player(s). Add to that the team is a CT, NY, MA, PA, and NJ team that was mostly new players to the club/age group based out of Greenwich CT it was essentially an all-star team stretching the 100 mile rule pretty good. The program dumped ~10 players to bring on a group of kids from NJ who were all new to 2Way. These guys actually are worse than the Boston Blue Jays who at least didn’t pretend to be a club team. 2Way directors/coaches should be ashamed to have put those kids in that position. The team was booed and shouted at as “cheaters” after their win over Freedom. The entire stadium at the final was cheering for Express North over 2Way for obvious reasons. No wonder 2Way isn’t in the NAL or NLF.

If this is true it’s completely ridiculous and yet somehow not surprising - which says a lot for 2Way as a program. I’m glad they got waxed in the final.
We played them last summer, and they had two 2027 kids who they claimed “were gonna reclass to the 2028 class“ but never did. But because they said they would, they played down. Was thrilled to see Madlax thump them the next game, with their 2027’s. That is CHEATING. And it’s hard to pull for Madlax.

Wrong. 2WAY may have some re-classes but not kids who are "gonna re-class." We play them a lot and know that for a fact. Don't be ridiculous. And your MadLax comment is just horrible. They have 2008 birth years on that team and bring in kids from other states. Come on man!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smoke and mirrors from Express North. Lost several times in qualifiers. Lost this last weekend to Prime Time, who has barely won all summer. Somehow managed to beat BBL, Venom, and 2WAY. North cheated at LWSC championship. Shameful and disappointing for everyone involved. LWSC is seriously looking into this.

I heard this too, but think it's just rumors after North's poor performance this weekend. How did they cheat?

North coaches are always up to something. Caught many times bringing down 27's. They claim "age eligible" whatever that means. Everybody knows this about them. Coach is always messaging players and families from other clubs and trying to "steal" them. Shady.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

Why will surge benefit? Please explain.
What are rebels parents upset about? Please explain

Where are the new faces that will help legacy or new additions to Rush / s2s coming from? Please explain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why no mention of igloo northmen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

[quote=Anonymous]Tryout season is here for Long Island and it seems some shakeups will be going on. The goal is to place your son on the best possible team that he contributes to, my metric of this would be be as a goalie, defender or attack man to play atleast 1/3 of the game and middies should be in the rotation (not 1-2 runs per game)

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

Struggling teams - BTB red, express Pomp, Rebels East, S2S scorpions[/quote

The A or B team for 91 whether it’s Havoc or Surge seems to be cursed

After Havoc disbanded and Surge started the team has been plagued with issues from the first year original Surge coach never showing up to practices or tournaments and the 4 current surge coaches not being able to be on
the same page

Anyone watching a game or tournament can see how this team is coached from one day to the next depending on who is on the sidelines

Highly unlikely they the coaches will stick together after the showing this year and the shedding of half the players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

I’m just here for the comments on this doozy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

Why will surge benefit? Please explain.
What are rebels parents upset about? Please explain

Where are the new faces that will help legacy or new additions to Rush / s2s coming from? Please explain

From what I’ve heard from rebels parents

-Every other player on the team isn’t very good, their son needs a better support crew
-Playing time
-Insufficient coaching

I have no clue where new kids can come from for teams I’m search of them, but they are out there, and with everything going on this year many moves will be happening, I know some tryout numbers are massive at the moment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they still a team? Been invisible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo Northmen is listed under lower AA, no big thoughts as them as they’ve been missing from most big tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t come on here and dog Surge. Obviously you have a motive against them. They’re a great group of kids, who are well coached by varsity HS coaches. The roster was too big and got some parents disgruntled with playing time. They have some very talented kids and will be playing in all the top tournaments. Please tell us which team we should be playing with because you seem to know everything. Signed a happy surge parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parent of a North kid. What's shameful and disappointing is this nonsense. If you have specific claims I'm happy to address, but I know you have none as the team was legit. This past weekend the team had an off day Saturday, could be a let down from accomplishing something 24 others couldn't in Charlotte (and no team off Long Island EVER has). But that would also be unfair to Prime Time, who played their butts off in a one goal victory. FWIW, North came back and beat PT the following day 11-1. The North Team is solid and has been for a long time. Disrespected in the rankings going in, and boys love being underestimated with talk like "smoke and mirrors". Not saying team is better than our neighbors at Eclipse, 2 way, 3D, Chucks, Venom, etc...but for at least that week in Charlotte they were.

North parent. Hats off to WS team. I can't see how any team can "cheat" at that event. Hats off to North and 2WAY for convincingly beating everyone and getting to the finals. Congrats to North as champions. And congrats to 2WAY as runner up. Kids deserve all the credit. What is shameful is any parent coming on here and trying to take anything away from them. Incredibly hard to accomplish what either team did and all of their boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo Northmen is listed under lower AA, no big thoughts as them as they’ve been missing from most big tournaments.

they are actually better than prior years. finished with all their players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t come on here and dog Surge. Obviously you have a motive against them. They’re a great group of kids, who are well coached by varsity HS coaches. The roster was too big and got some parents disgruntled with playing time. They have some very talented kids and will be playing in all the top tournaments. Please tell us which team we should be playing with because you seem to know everything. Signed a happy surge parent

"No one puts Surgie in a corner"

I was missing the Surge posts. I for one am glad the world series is over and we can discuss the wonderfulness of Surge again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"No one puts Surgie in a corner"

I was missing the Surge posts. I for one am glad the world series is over and we can discuss the wonderfulness of Surge again

Didnt one of the 2028 Surge parents recently get kicked out of a tournament against the Dragons LC for being intoxicated, running on the field, pushing and/or drunkenly falling on a Dragons' player and then starting a fight with the ref?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Video or it didn’t happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Video or it didn’t happen
Ha! Thanks for the confirmation! It wasn’t Hunter Biden either…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

S2S and Rush is right there with the lower AA teams. Don’t kid yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played them last summer, and they had two 2027 kids who they claimed “were gonna reclass to the 2028 class“ but never did. But because they said they would, they played down. Was thrilled to see Madlax thump them the next game, with their 2027’s. That is CHEATING. And it’s hard to pull for Madlax.

Wrong. 2WAY may have some re-classes but not kids who are "gonna re-class." We play them a lot and know that for a fact. Don't be ridiculous. And your MadLax comment is just horrible. They have 2008 birth years on that team and bring in kids from other states. Come on man!
Won’t use names, but #8 and #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won’t use names, but #8 and #1

Both of those kids are 2028s. Re-classed yes. 2028s for the last few school years. No different than kids at Laxachussetts, MadLax, Hawks, Crabs, 3D NE, Eclipse. Get over your issues with 2WAY. One of those kids moved to Eclipse anyway.

2WAY #26 and #44 both played in world series this year and last year and play up on 2027s for years. Express North #4 from world series team also plays up. Eclipse #7 also plays up. And there are plenty more. All this obsession with re-classing. These kids playing up and doing it well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As someone already said, all world series rosters available on tourney machine. 2W didn't bring anyone not on their roster or from PA. Express North didn't cheat. And there's no PA team with a 14 year old. Go to tourney machine where full rosters are there and point it out to LWSC since it's public if you're so sure. Can't wait to see what gibberish you will spew this weekend when your attention turns to NLF championships. Oh and the only person who is worried if 2W is in NAL or NLF is Prime Time; well done revealing yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S dad here….Leading Edge, Legacy, we played both tight and actually beat legacy . But how does Legacy have a 7-1 lead at halftime and lose 8-7??? LE has a student #89 (I think). S2S is on their way, we love the coaches. Need a few more parts to get to next level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is hydra in Hershey? And nice try S2S dad, I think we’ll take a pass on that team. Too strong of an allegiance to Garden City

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Yea Hi .... S2S needs more than a few more parts. Problem there is that there is no development of the new players who are bought in. If their F/O guy wasn't top on the island they would get crushed each game. Hope that kid isn't paying tuition like the rest of the PW players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Yea Hi .... S2S needs more than a few more parts. Problem there is that there is no development of the new players who are bought in. If their F/O guy wasn't top on the island they would get crushed each game. Hope that kid isn't paying tuition like the rest of the PW players.

F/O guy not top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

F/O guy not top

He is not a guy. He is a kid. Something you people should be reminded of before you post.
He is also a great player so who cares if he is top?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hydra is a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go Hawks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn’t let up a goal bro how is that a joke ?!?!? Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come venom didn’t go to the nlf?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go Hawks!

Congrats to leading edge on having a no-name player, only one without a matching helmet... and who's name was not on the roster given to espn for the championship game.. Cheating right before the eyes of the nation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s why they couldn’t enter a World Series team

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
Quick Reply