Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tryout season is here for Long Island and it seems some shakeups will be going on. The goal is to place your son on the best possible team that he contributes to, my metric of this would be be as a goalie, defender or attack man to play atleast 1/3 of the game and middies should be in the rotation (not 1-2 runs per game)

First off only 1 Long Island team is in the NLF Championship, the obvious team missing is Venom, I’d love to hear why they aren’t going.

The tier of teams has become very evident

Top AA - Express and Venom
With Venom bailing on NLF does this put the momentum behind Express going into tryouts?

AA - Legacy, Rush and S2S
With a few additions Rush and S2S can be more competitive with top teams, Legacy will probably bring in some new faces, will they be able to over the hump, big expectations this year, the best team they beat was S2S

Lower AA - BTB, Igloo, Rebels Hydra, Surge
Upset parents and drama at Hydra and Surge, they’ll definitely be new rosters next season, my guess is for the positive for Surge and negative for Rebels

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

Top B - Dune Dawgs, GSB, Hitmen

B- ECE, Legacy East, Rebels red wolves, recon

Struggling teams - BTB red, express Pomp, Rebels East, S2S scorpions
[quote=Anonymous]Tryout season is here for Long Island and it seems some shakeups will be going on. The goal is to place your son on the best possible team that he contributes to, my metric of this would be be as a goalie, defender or attack man to play atleast 1/3 of the game and middies should be in the rotation (not 1-2 runs per game)

First off only 1 Long Island team is in the NLF Championship, the obvious team missing is Venom, I’d love to hear why they aren’t going.

The tier of teams has become very evident

Top AA - Express and Venom
With Venom bailing on NLF does this put the momentum behind Express going into tryouts?

AA - Legacy, Rush and S2S
With a few additions Rush and S2S can be more competitive with top teams, Legacy will probably bring in some new faces, will they be able to over the hump, big expectations this year, the best team they beat was S2S

Lower AA - BTB, Igloo, Rebels Hydra, Surge
Upset parents and drama at Hydra and Surge, they’ll definitely be new rosters next season, my guess is for the positive for Surge and negative for Rebels

Purgatory - Igloo Frost

Top B - Dune Dawgs, GSB, Hitmen

B- ECE, Legacy East, Rebels red wolves, recon

Struggling teams - BTB red, express Pomp, Rebels East, S2S scorpions[/quote

The A or B team for 91 whether it’s Havoc or Surge seems to be cursed

After Havoc disbanded and Surge started the team has been plagued with issues from the first year original Surge coach never showing up to practices or tournaments and the 4 current surge coaches not being able to be on
the same page

Anyone watching a game or tournament can see how this team is coached from one day to the next depending on who is on the sidelines

Highly unlikely they the coaches will stick together after the showing this year and the shedding of half the players