BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 81 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a pathetic comment

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People need to simply find the best fit for their girl and not worry about everyone else. It’s will make life easier on yourselves. Best fit means- coaches, PT, play style, play level, girls on the team, travel time, cost, development and the team that she likes the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what is the guess based off of knowledge of players at other teams. Who will come out the best?

I think there is really only one player that people are focused on where she goes. The quiet about it is interesting, as I am sure she already has an offer or 2 or 3 even though tryouts are 24 hours away.

Coppermine out in the full-court press and won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is the guess based off of knowledge of players at other teams. Who will come out the best?

I think there is really only one player that people are focused on where she goes. The quiet about it is interesting, as I am sure she already has an offer or 2 or 3 even though tryouts are 24 hours away.

Don't tempt us..who is it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU is all you need to know and Coppermine is 100% getting her!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I have learned one thing from this page, it’s usually the opposite of what is posted on here is the reality. This player can’t clone herself and there are overlapping tryouts with 4 of the top 5 teams, so I assume it will be seen shortly where the preference is. I doubt is where the internet trolls are claiming over their morning coffee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That will 100% change that team for sure!!! Why Coppermine?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love me some funny rumors!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody leaves a club in 8th grade to go to another club with a lesser recruiting track record. At this point, it’s all about prestige and recruiting, which should give you the answer if you think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Silly people in this sport. You talk about these clubs as if they have the long-term prestige of Harvard or Yale. Over time, what's considered a top club is not going to remain static. Some will stay at the top, some will drop down, and some will disappear.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody leaves a club in 8th grade to go to another club with a lesser recruiting track record. At this point, it’s all about prestige and recruiting, which should give you the answer if you think about it.
You are fool to think girls aren't Club hoping in 8th grade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s logic the Coppermine entourage don’t want to hear

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Head they went after her hard, must have made the best offers/promises. It's great for Coppermine as a team...not only do they add an excellent player, but they prevent the other teams who have been on their heels from having her. Though I imagine it's tough for some of the Coppermine girls who've been working hard to get playing time at midfield. They rarely sub their top two as it is, can't imagine they'll be subbing her much either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love me some funny rumors!

This is 100% fact. Have your kid ask any of the girls on any of the top teams, it's public knowledge at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While this may be true for very good players, outstanding players like the MDU player would be recruited from almost any team so she can go where she wants. She also has solidified them as the best team in the country and pretty sure coaches will go see the #1 team in the country even if they don’t have a strong recruiting history. M&D relying on their name to get top players to leave their clubs while Coppermine makes deals/promises. Worked last summer with top player and worked again this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While this may be true for very good players, outstanding players like the MDU player would be recruited from almost any team so she can go where she wants. She also has solidified them as the best team in the country and pretty sure coaches will go see the #1 team in the country even if they don’t have a strong recruiting history. M&D relying on their name to get top players to leave their clubs while Coppermine makes deals/promises. Worked last summer with top player and worked again this year.

Nobody at any club is making deals/promises. Parents and kids of the top caliber tryout clubs like clubs tryout players. They then make a decision based on what is best for them. There no NIL deals with middle school girls lacrosse (not yet at least). The girl that went to Coppermine last year did what was best for her and hopefully was happy with her decision just as any that went to HG, M&D, SW or any other team. The girl you all speak of- I wish her the best with whatever she does as I will for any of the kids because after all they are children. Let’s not forget that. Good luck to everyone this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody at any club is making deals/promises. Parents and kids of the top caliber tryout clubs like clubs tryout players. They then make a decision based on what is best for them. There no NIL deals with middle school girls lacrosse (not yet at least). The girl that went to Coppermine last year did what was best for her and hopefully was happy with her decision just as any that went to HG, M&D, SW or any other team. The girl you all speak of- I wish her the best with whatever she does as I will for any of the kids because after all they are children. Let’s not forget that. Good luck to everyone this week.

They absolutely make deals and promises. Your money is as good as the next person’s money. It doesn’t matter if you have been at a club for years. They will take the next best player and promise what they have to to get them. Making them stay is the tricky part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is incorrect, deals and promises are 100% a part of the decision making process for top players with their pick of multiple clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Head they went after her hard, must have made the best offers/promises. It's great for Coppermine as a team...not only do they add an excellent player, but they prevent the other teams who have been on their heels from having her. Though I imagine it's tough for some of the Coppermine girls who've been working hard to get playing time at midfield. They rarely sub their top two as it is, can't imagine they'll be subbing her much either.

Great addition, but could project some fall out and some players considering leaving with the reduction in role and playing time now. Time will tell if this pays off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This aged well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This aged well

I wish I knew what was meant by this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great addition, but could project some fall out and some players considering leaving with the reduction in role and playing time now. Time will tell if this pays off.

Going to be an adjustment for all, only one ball. Someone going to have to get comfortable with other people scoring. Also not sure how much better it will make them. Already the top level, adding to a strength doesn't always make you better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to be an adjustment for all, only one ball. Someone going to have to get comfortable with other people scoring. Also not sure how much better it will make them. Already the top level, adding to a strength doesn't always make you better.

But they kept her from going to the other teams that were hot on their heels, which I suspect was half the battle. Coppermine as a club needs this team to stay on top so they can't start building their recruiting reputation. They're always going to do what they have to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they kept her from going to the other teams that were hot on their heels, which I suspect was half the battle. Coppermine as a club needs this team to stay on top so they can't start building their recruiting reputation. They're always going to do what they have to do.

And just like last summer they debut their shiny new player at a tournament and she takes away playing time from girls that have been on the team all year….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And just like last summer they debut their shiny new player at a tournament and she takes away playing time from girls that have been on the team all year….

That's what better players do. Life's not fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just like last summer they debut their shiny new player at a tournament and she takes away playing time from girls that have been on the team all year….[/quote]

Urban Elite didn't get the memo that Coppermine will be unbeatable with their shiny new player as they beat Coppermine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Urban Elite didn't get the memo that Coppermine will be unbeatable with their shiny new player as they beat Coppermine![/quote]

They are scrambling to poach Hero's best player now! Thought Coppermine was unbeatable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Urban Elite didn't get the memo that Coppermine will be unbeatable with their shiny new player as they beat Coppermine!

They are scrambling to poach Hero's best player now! Thought Coppermine was unbeatable?[/quote]

Why would Heros best player ever leave to go to Coppermine? I sort of get MDU, but if you’re a top player on Heros with a role and playing time, only makes sense to stay put on your good team at a great, well known and respected club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe she wants to play with friends? Maybe she lives closer to where Coppermine practices?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe adults are this wound up over middle school lacrosse. Everyone thinks they know the reason for everything and how the world will turn out. Insecurities abound and demonizing is the rule. Here's a thought- since most girls won't be getting full rides how about sending them to good schools so they don't have to depend on the outrageous advice of the week from Back of the Cage to go to college. Lacrosse ends in college for all useful purposes- what happens if your daughter gets injured? Worry about real issues and your daughter will have an identity after college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are scrambling to poach Hero's best player now! Thought Coppermine was unbeatable?

Why would Heros best player ever leave to go to Coppermine? I sort of get MDU, but if you’re a top player on Heros with a role and playing time, only makes sense to stay put on your good team at a great, well known and respected club.[/quote]

M&D middie also moving to Coppermine. Either Coppermine is going to have a roster that is too large or some girls that have been on the team that thought their spots were secure are going to be disappointed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would Heros best player ever leave to go to Coppermine? I sort of get MDU, but if you’re a top player on Heros with a role and playing time, only makes sense to stay put on your good team at a great, well known and respected club.

M&D middie also moving to Coppermine. Either Coppermine is going to have a roster that is too large or some girls that have been on the team that thought their spots were secure are going to be disappointed.[/quote]
The Eagle Stix middie is also moving to Coppermine for the Fall and Summer tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loyo29- After seeing some of your posts. It looks like you are the one all wound up and insecure. Take your own advice and have your kid play with friends and enjoy her time playing. No need to try to be the smartest one in the room by stating the obvious. Worry about he real issues? What??? For sure this is not the right forum for parenting. This forum is informative at times, funny at times, fake news at times, and busting chops most of the time. You obviously are the one too "wound" up for back of cage banter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Urban Elite didn't get the memo that Coppermine will be unbeatable with their shiny new player as they beat Coppermine![/quote]

One reason they lost because their best player wasn’t allowed to play because she is 15 years old. Youth National doesn’t allow holdbacks to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D middie also moving to Coppermine. Either Coppermine is going to have a roster that is too large or some girls that have been on the team that thought their spots were secure are going to be disappointed.[/quote]

It's wild to hear the number of middies headed to a club that is notorious for never subbing their middies except for in blowout games. They already have really hardworking and talented girls who don't get to play and develop because of how this team plays their girls, and now their adding more?? I don't understand how Coppermine has such a hold on some of their current girls who could really thrive elsewhere. Especially when you consider that pretty soon winning will be far less important than getting time to develop and showcase your talents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D middie also moving to Coppermine. Either Coppermine is going to have a roster that is too large or some girls that have been on the team that thought their spots were secure are going to be disappointed.
The Eagle Stix middie is also moving to Coppermine for the Fall and Summer tourneys.

This is a joke, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One reason they lost because their best player wasn’t allowed to play because she is 15 years old. Youth National doesn’t allow holdbacks to play.[/quote]
How does a 15 year old girl end up playing with 12/13 yr old 7th graders. Can't believe Coppermine would force their players to hold back in order to win middle school championships!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loyo29- After seeing some of your posts. It looks like you are the one all wound up and insecure. Take your own advice and have your kid play with friends and enjoy her time playing. No need to try to be the smartest one in the room by stating the obvious. Worry about he real issues? What??? For sure this is not the right forum for parenting. This forum is informative at times, funny at times, fake news at times, and busting chops most of the time. You obviously are the one too "wound" up for back of cage banter.
Hmmm...you do realize all new posts on this thread show up as a reply to Loyo29 and all replies to new post show up as anonymous?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One reason they lost because their best player wasn’t allowed to play because she is 15 years old. Youth National doesn’t allow holdbacks to play.[/quote]
How does a 15 year old girl end up playing with 12/13 yr old 7th graders. Can't believe Coppermine would force their players to hold back in order to win middle school championships![/quote]

Would love a name and date of birth. Are you just throwing lies out there and hoping to start a buzz? That one was just bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next year will be too late for a lot of those girls to find new homes and to develop

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 81 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard