BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,300
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 196 of 260 1 2 194 195 196 197 198 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are 2 elite goalies in 2028. 3D GA and the new Madlax Goalie. Size and their ability to lead the D. The rest will play at their local HS. Some of the True Chesapeake D coming with him. They are tough. Move over Madlax scoopers.

Hit Squad, Hawks, and Red Hots seemed to have pretty good goalies too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 elite goalies in 2028. 3D GA and the new Madlax Goalie. Size and their ability to lead the D. The rest will play at their local HS. Some of the True Chesapeake D coming with him. They are tough. Move over Madlax scoopers.

Got it, so you are an objective observer offering unbiased observations and for sure not the former true Chesapeake goalie’s dad engaging in self-promotion, but you also somehow happen to know inside scoop on the plans of the True Chesapeake defense?

Seems totally legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If MadLax has such an elite goalie why did they chicken out of the semifinal game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their old goalie let in 3 in 5 minutes but he’s leaving for BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was their old goalie who is getting pushed out

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To say there are only 2 elite goalies is a joke. My kid has played against both mentioned. Not even memorable, maybe they were good but didn’t lose to either. The Hawks, Freedom, Hit Squad (NL) and others are just as good.

Thanks dad…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This new MadLax goalie Dad (or whomever is on here promoting him) has now insulted all the other goalies at Naptown, local HS goalies, and his own teammate. Good goalies respect each other. And I watched junior play one half at Naptown, and in that particular half I don’t recall him making a single save, and his team lost by one. Just curious, why is he leaving True Chesapeake?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This new MadLax goalie Dad (or whomever is on here promoting him) has now insulted all the other goalies at Naptown, local HS goalies, and his own teammate. Good goalies respect each other. And I watched junior play one half at Naptown, and in that particular half I don’t recall him making a single save, and his team lost by one. Just curious, why is he leaving True Chesapeake?

The dude (dad) is a clown and will fight right in with Cab!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone educate me on how the all tournament teams are decided? It can’t be that tournament staff are evaluating kids. Who decides how many kids from each team get on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very classy dig at your son's teammate. But the point is that YOUR son was in the game when the weather delay happened, and MadLax chose to bail and take the forfeit. your son would have had an opportunity to play against the #1 team in the country and show how elite he is. if he is really one of merely two elite goalies in the age group, why not return and play out the game?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone educate me on how the all tournament teams are decided? It can’t be that tournament staff are evaluating kids. Who decides how many kids from each team get on?

The coaches pick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and Fogo parents are traditionally the most unhinged on any given team but this new ML goalie dad proclamation is about as silly as I’ve heard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very classy dig at your son's teammate. But the point is that YOUR son was in the game when the weather delay happened, and MadLax chose to bail and take the forfeit. your son would have had an opportunity to play against the #1 team in the country and show how elite he is. if he is really one of merely two elite goalies in the age group, why not return and play out the game?

ironically, the little goalie for Madlax (probably 2-3 years younger than this new kid from True) is one of the most popular kids on his team, and frankly, a great little goalie. This dad just put his kid in a really tough spot with these insults. His son is decent, but has given up more goals than the little guy in equal time. Fact. What a bad seed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches pick

The coaches pick

The coaches pick

Sure. But how do the different teams get decided. 1st team or second team. And why do some teams have more kids on the list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches pick

The coaches pick

The coaches pick

Sure. But how do the different teams get decided. 1st team or second team. And why do some teams have more kids on the list?

Did you ask your coach the process? Probably can ask directly why he didn’t nominate your Johnny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which teams will look vastly different after tryouts the next two weeks? Besides the mass exodus from ML, and the holdback infiltration onto Crabs 2028….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches pick

The coaches pick

The coaches pick

Did you ask your coach the process? Probably can ask directly why he didn’t nominate your Johnny.

I did not. Awkward when coaches kid gets it and Johnny doesn’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The True, now Madlax, goalie Dad is 100% the worst lacrosse parent in the DMV. Screams incessantly, fights with the opposite parents, and generally annoying AF. Kid doesn't stand a chance with that dad in his corner. True didn't want him, and was embarrassed by him. Madlax just seems like such a logical landing point for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which teams will look vastly different after tryouts the next two weeks? Besides the mass exodus from ML, and the holdback infiltration onto Crabs 2028….

Sounds like DC Express held at least one double secret early tryout and has given out 20+ “pre tryout” invitations to join the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like DC Express held at least one double secret early tryout and has given out 20+ “pre tryout” invitations to join the team.

Hawks has 5 invites out hoping for 4 more from tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the hawks invites from hit squad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the Baltimore scene looking like? Is the FCA Blue goalie dropping down to 2029? Crabs will be filtered with holdbacks from various clubs. Imagine the best players from Blue Claws, Forest Hill and HLC will make the switch to Predators, 91, FCA or Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs announced a Hardshells team for 2028 with the current Crabs 28 coach. So their plan is to cut and attempt to keep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can he drop to 29 with the new rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know there are 20+ invitations to join? Did your kid tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the Baltimore scene looking like? Is the FCA Blue goalie dropping down to 2029? Crabs will be filtered with holdbacks from various clubs. Imagine the best players from Blue Claws, Forest Hill and HLC will make the switch to Predators, 91, FCA or Crabs.

What if I told you that Predators helmets are being seen - in multiples - at Crabs, FCA, and HLC workouts. Not sure what's going on there, but apparently it is unpopular with the parents.

Unrelated, I highly doubt that most parents who've been carting their kids 10 minutes to lax in northern Harford County for 5+ years are going to seriously consider driving to Towson (or farther west/south) 3-4x per week for a lax team where Ronnie Jr. just rides the bench so all the former 2027 Crabs holdbacks can get playing time. A whole group of these Harf Co kids applied to Towson/Balt/Owings Mills MIAA schools for 8th grade and did not get admitted, so that doesn't help the "let's drive to Towson all the time" motivation if I"m their parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Translation: you need to go all the way to Georgia to find a goalie as good as my kid.
Nice job insulting all the local 2028 goalies, and all the local HS players, and your sons new D players, all in one swing. Maybe the post of the year.
Madlax definitely got something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Translation: you need to go all the way to Georgia to find a goalie as good as my kid.
Nice job insulting all the local 2028 goalies, and all the local HS players, and your sons new D players, all in one swing. Maybe the post of the year.
His team finished in like second to last place in HoCo even with their flyins, and he gave up third most goals in the league. But somehow he’s one of the top two goalies in America.. He’s been nothing but less than average since he got to Madlax this summer. Looks like he’s a double holdback too, shows up on East Side 2026 roster from 2020 when you Google his name.

Could very well be the post of the year on BOTC. This clown managed to insult basically his entire new team, as well as every other 2028 goalie in America.. then again, pretty sure Cabell Maddux will take anyone. Perfect harmony over there in Madlax Land.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know there are 20+ invitations to join? Did your kid tryout?
Happy 4th everyone. Enjoy these last 2 weeks of lacrosse, things will look very different in Spring 2024!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying DCE has given out 20+ invitations to try out for the team, or invitations to actually join the team? Big difference. I received an email saying that my son was identified as a player with "strong potential" to make the team and inviting him to tryouts. It was a form email that probably went to dozens of families. But are you saying that DCE has offered some players the opportunity to register and pay and secure a spot before tryouts happen? I find that very improbably. It would only make sense for DCE to make that kind of an offer to a difference-maker, i.e. a top 5 player on Next Level, MadLax, or Hawks. But a player fitting that profile would never commit to joining an unproven team like DCE unless he went to tryouts to see how many other good players are there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His team finished in like second to last place in HoCo even with their flyins, and he gave up third most goals in the league. But somehow he’s one of the top two goalies in America.. He’s been nothing but less than average since he got to Madlax this summer. Looks like he’s a double holdback too, shows up on East Side 2026 roster from 2020 when you Google his name.

Could very well be the post of the year on BOTC. This clown managed to insult basically his entire new team, as well as every other 2028 goalie in America.. then again, pretty sure Cabell Maddux will take anyone. Perfect harmony over there in Madlax Land.

there are at least two teams in his own backyard (Hawks and Next Level) where he would not even be certain to make the top two on the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are at least two teams in his own backyard (Hawks and Next Level) where he would not even be certain to make the top two on the roster.
He would not. Both goalies at Hawks and NL are significantly better than this guy’s kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This could easily just be Cabell or one of his minions trying to keep this team together. From shoving an official in Vail to quitting in Naptown, you have to wonder when the lacrosse community/families finally says enough is enough with CM's antics (apparently never). This, along with his email claiming that every big name coach in the area not affiliated with a club program is now involved with the 28s, has moved my reaction from 'how pathetic' to 'aww how cute.' By the way, all of those coaches listed either have no idea their name is being listed or have specifically said no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This could easily just be Cabell or one of his minions trying to keep this team together. From shoving an official in Vail to quitting in Naptown, you have to wonder when the lacrosse community/families finally says enough is enough with CM's antics (apparently never). This, along with his email claiming that every big name coach in the area not affiliated with a club program is now involved with the 28s, has moved my reaction from 'how pathetic' to 'aww how cute.' By the way, all of those coaches listed either have no idea their name is being listed or have specifically said no.

I hadn't heard about a list of coaches. You mean that Cabell is emailing his own team that other big name coaches will be helping coach MadLax? can someone share the list of coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hadn't heard about a list of coaches. You mean that Cabell is emailing his own team that other big name coaches will be helping coach MadLax? can someone share the list of coaches?
My son’s best friend is on Madlax, he said there were no less than 10 kids one foot out the door a week ago, and Cabell stepped down as coach in hopes of preventing that. Told them he is going to bring “guest coaches” through on a regular basis at practice, and they include head coaches from Gonzaga, St John’s, Prep, St Anne’s Belfield, and Landon. Know for fact one of them had no idea he was being used as one of Cabell’s props. Another one just announced he’ll be coaching at his competitor, BLC (2030 age group).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son’s best friend is on Madlax, he said there were no less than 10 kids one foot out the door a week ago, and Cabell stepped down as coach in hopes of preventing that. Told them he is going to bring “guest coaches” through on a regular basis at practice, and they include head coaches from Gonzaga, St John’s, Prep, St Anne’s Belfield, and Landon. Know for fact one of them had no idea he was being used as one of Cabell’s props. Another one just announced he’ll be coaching at his competitor, BLC (2030 age group).

This was the only outcome that was possible and most of us saw it 3 or 4 years ago. CM is a disaster and the parents let it happen,.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was the only outcome that was possible and most of us saw it 3 or 4 years ago. CM is a disaster and the parents let it happen,.

so who will be the new head coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have a tournament after try-outs? How many existing crabs will be cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so who will be the new head coach?
Apparently his assistant coach from the 2024 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like a mess. where are those ten players going to try out?

Like Reply Quote
Page 196 of 260 1 2 194 195 196 197 198 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard