BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 194 of 260 1 2 192 193 194 195 196 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
sounds like the middies and attackers owe the D goalie and FO an apology, if they'd just been average you guys would've run the table and won the tournament

I don’t think the rag tags have held a single practice, ever, and had never played a game until yesterday, when they went 0-3. So I’m not sure how or why they were competitive with the #2 team in the country that has been training and playing year round for many years and won HoCo elite practically every season since second grade. Maybe the rag tags had studs at certain key positions, but the Hawks have their own studs at every position. I didn’t see the game myself but I gotta say it is very odd. ?

From what I saw the rag tags can play. The Hawks came out like they were using an instruction manual on their first date and then pulled their goalie at halftime. Slow bleed from there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the middies and attackers owe the D goalie and FO an apology, if they'd just been average you guys would've run the table and won the tournament
They went 2-4, and now they have the best D core in the torment. Classic NL hyperbole.

I don’t think the hyperbole is coming from Next Level parents. It is coming from Hawks parents to say that the rag tag team who beat the Hawks had some elite players and wasn’t just a rec team. If I were a Hawk supporter I would point that out too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On day 1, Madlax Nationals beat #16 and #18 seeds out of 19 teams (combined 0-9 at Naptown). Lost to #8 seed 3D Georgia team that didn’t beat anyone else with winning record. Madlax won rematch vs 3DGa on day 2. Then beat #17 seed. Then got smoked by #4 Red Hots before using weather delay as excuse to ungratefully quit mid game. Other semi-finalists waited it out. Hope the fly-ins got refunds.

Wait, they didn’t come back after weather delay and forfeited the game? What was the score/clock when game was delayed for weather?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On day 1, Madlax Nationals beat #16 and #18 seeds out of 19 teams (combined 0-9 at Naptown). Lost to #8 seed 3D Georgia team that didn’t beat anyone else with winning record. Madlax won rematch vs 3DGa on day 2. Then beat #17 seed. Then got smoked by #4 Red Hots before using weather delay as excuse to ungratefully quit mid game. Other semi-finalists waited it out. Hope the fly-ins got refunds.

Wait, they didn’t come back after weather delay and forfeited the game? What was the score/clock when game was delayed for weather?

Well they beat Team Eighteen 12-1. The "#3" team in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think the rag tags have held a single practice, ever, and had never played a game until yesterday, when they went 0-3. So I’m not sure how or why they were competitive with the #2 team in the country that has been training and playing year round for many years and won HoCo elite practically every season since second grade. Maybe the rag tags had studs at certain key positions, but the Hawks have their own studs at every position. I didn’t see the game myself but I gotta say it is very odd. ?

The Hit Squad (aka rag tags) never had a practice. In their second game ever, they held the #1 team in the country to a 2 goal game. They won a battle against the #2 team in the country in their fifth game ever. They lost to 91GA by 5 on day 1, then by 2 in the quarterfinals. The defense played outstanding. The offense was above average but probably would have benefited from a practice or two. They put up 4 on Red Hots, when the most Red Hots gave up on the tourney was 5 They put up 5 on Hawks, which was the most they gave up all tourney. To say the offense owes an apology is ridiculous. The competition top to bottom was outstanding and is why Naptown is the best tournament in the country. The rag tags came to play and so did every other team in the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The score was 3-0 in favor of Red Hots halfway through the first half when the horn sounded. I watched the game up to that point. The MadLax attack had barely touched the ball and the game was played 95% in the MadLax defensive end. tourney app shows the game as a 3-0 final, so I am assuming the teams did not play after the weather delay. But I can't imagine that Hogan would have not give them a chance to play out the game, so I am wondering if Madlax determined (correctly) that the game was unwinnable, and did not want a 11-1 type of score to go up on the board, so they just decided as a team to quit? I would love to hear from a MadLax family what the team was told by their coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they beat Team Eighteen 12-1. The "#3" team in the country.

Yup. Therefore Madlax is still "#2" in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Ungratefully quit” is pure genius here - fantastic work, no notes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely curious to know what the score was at the weather delay. Perhaps they quit because the 3-0 forfeit loss is better for their ranking than whatever the score would have been.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely curious to know what the score was at the weather delay. Perhaps they quit because the 3-0 forfeit loss is better for their ranking than whatever the score would have been.

The score was 3-0 in the first half when the weather delay happened, and apparently MadLax quit at that point. Yes, avoiding a bigger loss for US lacrosse rankings or for general program reputation is a good hypothesis. But I have no idea if that is the actual reason or not. I hope someone who knows the facts chimes in!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The score was 3-0 in the first half when the weather delay happened, and apparently MadLax quit at that point. Yes, avoiding a bigger loss for US lacrosse rankings or for general program reputation is a good hypothesis. But I have no idea if that is the actual reason or not. I hope someone who knows the facts chimes in!

This is a completely on-brand move from Madlax. Meanwhile, my son's team (which lost in the quarters) would've gladly shown back up and competed until the final whistle no matter the score. But we're not raising a bunch of quitters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax has had their share of lopsided wins over the year. I wonder what their parents and coaches would say if the losing teams quit after they realized that they were out-matched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a completely on-brand move from Madlax. Meanwhile, my son's team (which lost in the quarters) would've gladly shown back up and competed until the final whistle no matter the score. But we're not raising a bunch of quitters.

But are they ungrateful?

Watching the decline of MadLax is amazing. The Hawks losing is more concerning for the kids, they will probably up practice to 4 days a week for 3 hours. WE MUST BEAT the Rag Tags!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The score was 3-0 in favor of Red Hots halfway through the first half when the horn sounded. I watched the game up to that point. The MadLax attack had barely touched the ball and the game was played 95% in the MadLax defensive end. tourney app shows the game as a 3-0 final, so I am assuming the teams did not play after the weather delay. But I can't imagine that Hogan would have not give them a chance to play out the game, so I am wondering if Madlax determined (correctly) that the game was unwinnable, and did not want a 11-1 type of score to go up on the board, so they just decided as a team to quit? I would love to hear from a MadLax family what the team was told by their coaches?
This sounds soooo far fetched. seriously I'm sure there is a totally legit reason (like half the team had to catch flights and weren't willing to miss a flight to finish out a youth lacrosse game).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds soooo far fetched. seriously I'm sure there is a totally legit reason (like half the team had to catch flights and weren't willing to miss a flight to finish out a youth lacrosse game).
Red Hot Parents wouldn't know what it's like to miss a flight. Do their parents even work or just fly around the country watching lacrosse with a roster of 75 to choose from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing in tstorms is not good for health

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax parent here. We were. It gicent he opportunity to say we wanted to stay and play. We would have played, the kids certainly would have wanted to play if they were asked. Instead, the coach sent everyone home and basicaly gave the middle finger to Hogan and the Red Hots. Not sure why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe the players had to get to football practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. There was only one kid from out of town, he’s playing with the team all summer. They had a 30 mile
Drive back to the DMV. Just plain ole quitters. Can’t sugar coat this one. I like the first poster, maybe they were planning on sending the Madlax Monuments to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody played in T storms. Several games were finished in the evening after weather passed, it was beautiful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. There was only one kid from out of town, he’s playing with the team all summer. They had a 30 mile
Drive back to the DMV. Just plain ole quitters. Can’t sugar coat this one. I like the first poster, maybe they were planning on sending the Madlax Monuments to play?

The kids didn't quit. Not one single kid. Parents and kids were told to go home by the coaches. Were told they are going to replay in the morning.

Don't blame the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hit squad averaged 2 goals per game in pool play. busted open for 5 goals vs hawks in rd 1 followed by 3 goals in rd 2 loss to 91georgia.

not many would brag about so few goals. 2-4 record. getting bounced early. but u do u.

madlax didn’t make naptown schedule. sTiLL MaDe FiNaL FoUr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax parent here. We were. It gicent he opportunity to say we wanted to stay and play. We would have played, the kids certainly would have wanted to play if they were asked. Instead, the coach sent everyone home and basicaly gave the middle finger to Hogan and the Red Hots. Not sure why.

very bizarre. I would love to know what his angle is. but in any event, it is sad and embarrassing for the kids on that team. they are being mocked on social media. I wonder if any families will wake up and go to DCE or Next Level tryouts next month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me know how far fetched it sounds a month from now when Madlax Cap has split up and most of the current players have moved to other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cab fooled us into leaving. We never discussed it he just sent a text telling us to leave. I read his text as saying that a postponement was likely. So I left. Later on the drive home we started getting texts from Hogan saying to stay in the parking lot. But by that time we were on 95. A mom even texted whether we should turn around. He said no. Most of the team is pissed. I guess what I’m asking are there any tryouts coming up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cab fooled us into leaving. We never discussed it he just sent a text telling us to leave. I read his text as saying that a postponement was likely. So I left. Later on the drive home we started getting texts from Hogan saying to stay in the parking lot. But by that time we were on 95. A mom even texted whether we should turn around. He said no. Most of the team is pissed. I guess what I’m asking are there any tryouts coming up.

#FakeNews

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#FakeNews

Then what’s the real reason they bailed - were the kids afraid to play a game where they were a bit outmatched?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know it’s true Cab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#FakeNews

Then what’s the real story?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hit squad averaged 2 goals per game in pool play. busted open for 5 goals vs hawks in rd 1 followed by 3 goals in rd 2 loss to 91georgia.

not many would brag about so few goals. 2-4 record. getting bounced early. but u do u.

All true, but look at the bright side, the Hit Squad did beat the Hawks, #2 in the country, a team that MadLax has never beaten, and they held the Hawks to 4 goals. The Hawks averaged 10 in HoCo and hung 11 on MadLax, so I’d say holding them to 4 is darn good.
And offensively, Hit Squad managed four goals on Red Hots, the #1 team in the nation and Naptown champ. Four goals isn’t a lot, but its more than the zero that MadLax could muster in their own game with Red Hots.
And the Hit Squad completed all their games, didn’t embarrass themselves by bailing out when they got into games they didn’t like.
And, they have a better chance than MadLax of returning to Naptown next year with their roster intact.
And call me fool, but I’d be willing to bet that they had more fun than anyone on MadLax.
So dump on the Hit Squad if you like, but I’d say they did pretty good for a team that had never had a game or practice before stepping on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the team has already been to other tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MadLax quitting early after only being down by 3 is hilarious after having an absurdly easy schedule. Their opponents went a combined 7-14 (Only 2 wins when not playing each other). Meanwhile, the Red Hots, 91 GA, Hit Squad, Midwest went 7-1 when not playing each other with only 91 GA losing in semis to Sweetlax Navy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude. That was some bad lax they played on tv yesterday.
The Naptown final was ugly.

Madlax musta been bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MadLax quitting early after only being down by 3 is hilarious after having an absurdly easy schedule. Their opponents went a combined 7-14 (Only 2 wins when not playing each other). Meanwhile, the Red Hots, 91 GA, Hit Squad, Midwest went 7-1 when not playing each other with only 91 GA losing in semis to Sweetlax Navy.

Hilarious indeed. My son has a friend on Red Hots and they were laughing so hard I thought they would wet their pants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All true, but look at the bright side, the Hit Squad did beat the Hawks, #2 in the country, a team that MadLax has never beaten, and they held the Hawks to 4 goals. The Hawks averaged 10 in HoCo and hung 11 on MadLax, so I’d say holding them to 4 is darn good.
And offensively, Hit Squad managed four goals on Red Hots, the #1 team in the nation and Naptown champ. Four goals isn’t a lot, but its more than the zero that MadLax could muster in their own game with Red Hots.
And the Hit Squad completed all their games, didn’t embarrass themselves by bailing out when they got into games they didn’t like.
And, they have a better chance than MadLax of returning to Naptown next year with their roster intact.
And call me fool, but I’d be willing to bet that they had more fun than anyone on MadLax.
So dump on the Hit Squad if you like, but I’d say they did pretty good for a team that had never had a game or practice before stepping on the field.

Can't really compare HoCo scores to tournament scores. HoCo uses stopped clock and older Elite games have a shot clock. Probably twice as much actual lacrosse played in a typical HoCo game vs. tournament game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't really compare HoCo scores to tournament scores. HoCo uses stopped clock and older Elite games have a shot clock. Probably twice as much actual lacrosse played in a typical HoCo game vs. tournament game.
One of the more informed posts of the day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If i'm a Madlax parent i'm going to DC Express, Next Level or VLC. Might even be worth the 45 minute drive north to give Crabs, FCA, 91 or Predators a go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#FakeNews

Then what’s the real story?

Players and Parents knew they were going to get beat 12-0 if they came back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good point in theory, but in reality, Hawks averaged the same number of goals scored (11) in their seven HoCo games as in their four Naptown games, and then Hit Squad/Rag Tag held them to 4. Maybe MadLax should ask the Dads who recruited and coached Hit Squad to do a clinic for their defense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over rated league . Just like MIAA is the Best HS league.

Like Reply Quote
Page 194 of 260 1 2 192 193 194 195 196 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard