Originally Posted by Anonymous
On day 1, Madlax Nationals beat #16 and #18 seeds out of 19 teams (combined 0-9 at Naptown). Lost to #8 seed 3D Georgia team that didn’t beat anyone else with winning record. Madlax won rematch vs 3DGa on day 2. Then beat #17 seed. Then got smoked by #4 Red Hots before using weather delay as excuse to ungratefully quit mid game. Other semi-finalists waited it out. Hope the fly-ins got refunds.

Wait, they didn’t come back after weather delay and forfeited the game? What was the score/clock when game was delayed for weather?

The score was 3-0 in favor of Red Hots halfway through the first half when the horn sounded. I watched the game up to that point. The MadLax attack had barely touched the ball and the game was played 95% in the MadLax defensive end. tourney app shows the game as a 3-0 final, so I am assuming the teams did not play after the weather delay. But I can't imagine that Hogan would have not give them a chance to play out the game, so I am wondering if Madlax determined (correctly) that the game was unwinnable, and did not want a 11-1 type of score to go up on the board, so they just decided as a team to quit? I would love to hear from a MadLax family what the team was told by their coaches?
This sounds soooo far fetched. seriously I'm sure there is a totally legit reason (like half the team had to catch flights and weren't willing to miss a flight to finish out a youth lacrosse game).