Originally Posted by Anonymous
hit squad averaged 2 goals per game in pool play. busted open for 5 goals vs hawks in rd 1 followed by 3 goals in rd 2 loss to 91georgia.

not many would brag about so few goals. 2-4 record. getting bounced early. but u do u.

madlax didn’t make naptown schedule. sTiLL MaDe FiNaL FoUr.

All true, but look at the bright side, the Hit Squad did beat the Hawks, #2 in the country, a team that MadLax has never beaten, and they held the Hawks to 4 goals. The Hawks averaged 10 in HoCo and hung 11 on MadLax, so I’d say holding them to 4 is darn good.
And offensively, Hit Squad managed four goals on Red Hots, the #1 team in the nation and Naptown champ. Four goals isn’t a lot, but its more than the zero that MadLax could muster in their own game with Red Hots.
And the Hit Squad completed all their games, didn’t embarrass themselves by bailing out when they got into games they didn’t like.
And, they have a better chance than MadLax of returning to Naptown next year with their roster intact.
And call me fool, but I’d be willing to bet that they had more fun than anyone on MadLax.
So dump on the Hit Squad if you like, but I’d say they did pretty good for a team that had never had a game or practice before stepping on the field.