BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,830
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 72 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess there are people here who don't know the story. The Circuit came about because the owners of US Club Nationals, Legacy and MadLax, were tired of the national teams entering and winning their tournaments, specifically The Nationals. They decided to restrict entry and not just from The Nationals. The Nationals spear-headed the attempt to have an alternative and they came up with The Circuit. If you want to criticize The Circuit you better despise Club Nationals and like tournaments. They have zero age restrictions and zero class verifications. This includes the mighty HoCo where there will be a large number of 2007 birthdays playing in the 8th grade division.

If you are referring to the nationals run by G I would find it very interesting to hear he would push for age base considering how many hold back were on his original good 27 team when they beat madlax at the Florida tournament.

you mean the team that cheated with players borrowed from other teams at the same event?

Salty madlax mom is back!
Like beating Madlax is newsworthy

Thanks hawks daddy. Bet you wish played madlax in fall . Maybe your record would look better

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess there are people here who don't know the story. The Circuit came about because the owners of US Club Nationals, Legacy and MadLax, were tired of the national teams entering and winning their tournaments, specifically The Nationals. They decided to restrict entry and not just from The Nationals. The Nationals spear-headed the attempt to have an alternative and they came up with The Circuit. If you want to criticize The Circuit you better despise Club Nationals and like tournaments. They have zero age restrictions and zero class verifications. This includes the mighty HoCo where there will be a large number of 2007 birthdays playing in the 8th grade division.

Thanks G. You left out the part where the real reason is they were tired of YOU recruiting players at the same tournaments to play on Nationals teams and you had no other tournaments that would let you in. The "winning their tournaments" part is just your fantasy world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are referring to the nationals run by G I would find it very interesting to hear he would push for age base considering how many hold back were on his original good 27 team when they beat madlax at the Florida tournament.

you mean the team that cheated with players borrowed from other teams at the same event?

Thanks hawks daddy. Bet you wish played madlax in fall . Maybe your record would look better

Say what you want about the Hawks fall record, but Madlax has never beaten them in this age group and never will. The gap between Hawks/NextLevel and the rest of the division has gotten pretty wide.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say what you want about the Hawks fall record, but Madlax has never beaten them in this age group and never will. The gap between Hawks/NextLevel and the rest of the division has gotten pretty wide.

If I remember correctly next level beat them one year in fall and this fall crabs smashed them. Everyone prepare yourself for the excuses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the 27s heading for high school?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has heard of NVYLL? for those who have not, it is a rec league in Northern Virginia. It is where virtually every HoCo players who lives in Virginia got their start, and the majority of Virginia HoCo players continue to play both rec and travel for their entire youth career. Compared to HoCo the quality of rec play is very uneven, but the league is extremely well run. There are two features of this league worth mentioning here:

First, it is age based, but the brackets are two years, so players routinely go against opponents a year apart, and up to two years apart. They have A and B divisions, so that student 12 year old's are not feeding on weak 11 year old's. But if a player in the younger half of the age bracket is chosen for an A team and accepts the roster spot (they always do), then he will be playing with and against kids 1 to 2 years older. So the parents on this Board who complain about holdbacks should think about that - if your on age player does not have the size or desire (or ability) to compete against kids a year older, just play in a lower division; nobody is forcing him to play in HoCo elite. Great players a year apart (up to two years) in age have been competing against each other in rec forever and it is not an issue.

Second, before every NVYLL game the head coaches exchange rosters. Failure to do so is an automatic forfeit, and coaches take it seriously and hand them over without any BS. The exchange roster has every player's name and jersey number. Plus, every coach is required to carry in his/her bag a more detailed roster that contains more info, including birth dates and home address (because teams are based on residence) and must show it on request. If one team finds out that another has an illegal player and turns them in, it is dealt with swiftly and fairly. (meaning that the offending team is very sorry). Why not have that rule in HoCo and in travel tournaments?

Good point. If parents feel that strongly about their kid playing against older boys, they can always play in a lower division where there aren’t as many holdbacks.

Wrong. The Lower divisions are full of pre-k holdbacks as well. They just aren't as talented and they don't generally have reclasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe a compromise for the pre-first summer birthday boys? .

Yea, but why?
It just turns into a never ending cycle.
If the summer kids are allowed in , why not the spring kids?
Why not the winter kids?
The pre-k summer kids are holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The truly elite players who are on age don’t care about playing with or against holdbacks. Just saying.

Yes they do. Everyone does. You're lying to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

You just feel entitled to a spot for some reason. You are as big a part of the problem with lacrosse as anyone.
Entitled parents raising entitled kids crying when they don’t get their way.

The only problem with youth club lacrosse are weirdos that play their kids down. That is it. That is the one and only problem. The clubs and tourneys that encourage this weird behavior is what is limiting the sport.

The "only problem"? Parents of kids who are not excelling will always find a problem to complain about.

Club lacrosse will be significantly different, with a lot less problems, and a lot more popularity when it finally goes on age.
Fact.
When club lacrosse goes on age It will also finally shed the elitist persona it has poisoned the actual game of lacrosse with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The truly elite players who are on age don’t care about playing with or against holdbacks. Just saying.

No they don’t.

It’s the parents of benchwarmers in elite and Lower division players who feel holdbacks are keeping their kids out of elite who cry incessantly on this board.

The on age actual elite kids do not care about holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they don’t.

It’s the parents of benchwarmers in elite and Lower division players who feel holdbacks are keeping their kids out of elite who cry incessantly on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they don’t.

Lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not lying to myself. I have an elite on age player who never complains. I actually think he likes playing against the older players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not lying to myself. I have an elite on age player who never complains. I actually think he likes playing against the older players.

Reclasses/Holdbacks are very common in high school so everyone needs to get over it or do it themselves. Everyone has their reasons but college coaches do not care so you should not if that is your goal. Covid complicated things even further you have 26 year old college kids playing lacrosse still so everyone needs to make their own decisions. Bottom line though is the kid that is a man in 8th grade is done growing and the late bloomer will eventually even up testosterone wise. By a kids Jr year in high school everything has pretty much evened out and if your kid is a late bloomer trust me college coaches realize that and it is an advantage. Middle school years and a kids freshman year the early bloomers benefit but it all evens out eventually. Colleges redshirt freshman all the time so it is part of it if you constantly whine about it you do not understand sports at the highest levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reclasses/Holdbacks are very common in high school so everyone needs to get over it or do it themselves. Everyone has their reasons but college coaches do not care so you should not if that is your goal. Covid complicated things even further you have 26 year old college kids playing lacrosse still so everyone needs to make their own decisions. Bottom line though is the kid that is a man in 8th grade is done growing and the late bloomer will eventually even up testosterone wise. By a kids Jr year in high school everything has pretty much evened out and if your kid is a late bloomer trust me college coaches realize that and it is an advantage. Middle school years and a kids freshman year the early bloomers benefit but it all evens out eventually. Colleges redshirt freshman all the time so it is part of it if you constantly whine about it you do not understand sports at the highest levels.

Salisbury and others have kids on their roster who are playing their 6th college season. It's insanity these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will give the lax dads of the 2026s props...compared to the 2027s, there is not as much of (at this moment), "Well my son is HIGHLY recruited and got a personal call from X coach at X HS."

That being said, it's a hard process, even with Lax Eliteness. From what I know of past years, % admission to the various HS is not a walk in the park. The least restrictive......Curley and MSJ, accept about 50% of applicants. The academically more prestigious large MIAA-A schools (Gilman, McD, Loyola) accept about 25%. Severn, St Marys, St Pauls and BL.......I think closer to 10% these days because the middle schools are swelling with kids whose parents got fed up with public schools during covid. Not an indicator of athletic or academic eliteness but certainly competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will give the lax dads of the 2026s props...compared to the 2027s, there is not as much of (at this moment), "Well my son is HIGHLY recruited and got a personal call from X coach at X HS."

That being said, it's a hard process, even with Lax Eliteness. From what I know of past years, % admission to the various HS is not a walk in the park. The least restrictive......Curley and MSJ, accept about 50% of applicants. The academically more prestigious large MIAA-A schools (Gilman, McD, Loyola) accept about 25%. Severn, St Marys, St Pauls and BL.......I think closer to 10% these days because the middle schools are swelling with kids whose parents got fed up with public schools during covid. Not an indicator of athletic or academic eliteness but certainly competitive.

I mistakenly switched the years in the top statement....compared to the insufferable 2026 dads last year, the 2027s have been strategic or even humble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you think of the good older player coming down to be an elite player against younger kids?
Think its fair?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few of those schools MAY only accept 10% at the HS level. But it's all a shell game-

Most Baltimore locals also know that some of those super selective schools let almost ANYONE in at the Middle school and 8th grade level.

Were you denied HS admissions at our "selective" school? Do you have questionable middle school grades heading into HS?

Just retake 8th grade...with us!

Where do you think "academic" and "development" holdbacks originally came from?

It's been happening at some of these schools for DECADES.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you think of the good older player coming down to be an elite player against younger kids?
Think its fair?

Perhaps it’s not fair but with all the complaining it’s only becoming more prevalent. Crabs doesn’t look anything like the same team. They just added a bunch of holdback. Team 91 did the same thing. It’s obviously working for some and I can’t see them changing it anytime soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe a compromise for the pre-first summer birthday boys? .

Yea, but why?
It just turns into a never ending cycle.
If the summer kids are allowed in , why not the spring kids?
Why not the winter kids?
The pre-k summer kids are holdbacks.

Why? Because its a compromise and that is how you get things done. Letting the public school kid that was born on 8/20/2008 but wasn't ready for first grade because of learning or other developmental reasons play with his 8th grade classmates might be enough to get this actually done. Why not all of the other seasons you mentioned? Because 6/1 would be a step in the right direction, way better than the system now and would have a much better chance of being implemented than 9/1.

You can call them holdbacks if that makes you feel better. My question to you is, would you want things to stay the way they are now or have a 6/1 cutoff?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it takes away from the elite kids who became elite with god given talent and hard work.
If you can't win just play down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait for one or both of those teams not to make the playoffs again. Hawks, Next Level, Madlax and ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you ask him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they don’t.

Lies.

No they don’t. By in large, the kids out there on the field are aware of the other boys age but once the ball is in play it’s find and man and play.

But if you want to keep telling your son that’s why he’s not at that level (holdbacks) then have at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they don’t.

Lies.

No they don’t. By in large, the kids out there on the field are aware of the other boys age but once the ball is in play it’s find and man and play.

But if you want to keep telling your son that’s why he’s not at that level (holdbacks) then have at it.

+1 for on-age kid who plays elite, is aware of holdbacks, but doesn't care. Definitely more of an issue for parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you ask him.

I’m not going to ask him because we don’t waste our time talking about holdbacks. We talk about what he did well or what he can work on. Actually most of the time after a game we don’t talk about specific players at all because he has other interests like will his NFL team make it to the playoffs. Typically all he really wants to know after a game is what we’re going to eat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re a great dad. Sounds like he’s really into it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they don’t.

Lies.

+1 for on-age kid who plays elite, is aware of holdbacks, but doesn't care. Definitely more of an issue for parents.

+ 2 for the 14yr old who isn't elite but works his tail off only to be replaced by a 16yr old with parents that really, really want them to win. At all costs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re a great dad. Sounds like he’s really into it.

Thanks. My son works hard off the field and starts on an elite team - and he’s on age. I’d say he’s pretty into it. Once again, we just don’t waste time talking about holdbacks. Next year he will have to compete with sophomores and juniors for a spot on his high school roster. He might as well get used to it now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You spend a lot of time on here defending your tough love parenting. Glad you and your kid are one of the few exceptions to the most talked about topics in youth lacrosse. I'm sure he's in advanced calc and greek studies too. I'll also suppose he's a 2008 fall baby which allows him to at least be closer to the older kids. Try having some empathy towards kids who are born in 2009 and possibly even in the summer of 2009. Those kids are possibly competing against players 3 years older than them. Are you capable of seeing anything other than through your own viewpoint?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You spend a lot of time on here defending your tough love parenting. Glad you and your kid are one of the few exceptions to the most talked about topics in youth lacrosse. I'm sure he's in advanced calc and greek studies too. I'll also suppose he's a 2008 fall baby which allows him to at least be closer to the older kids. Try having some empathy towards kids who are born in 2009 and possibly even in the summer of 2009. Those kids are possibly competing against players 3 years older than them. Are you capable of seeing anything other than through your own viewpoint?

What team has kids three years older?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few of those schools MAY only accept 10% at the HS level. But it's all a shell game-

Most Baltimore locals also know that some of those super selective schools let almost ANYONE in at the Middle school and 8th grade level.

Were you denied HS admissions at our "selective" school? Do you have questionable middle school grades heading into HS?

I'm a Towson dad of an MIAA MS kid who plays a few rec sports on his days off from lax/football. And I'll tell you exactly who makes this specific comment:

Moms of kids who are capable of MIAA academics and sports but choose to stay public.

Where the above comment is motivated from is

1) that there are a few kids (Gilman, SP, Loyola) who....yeah it's hard to know how they convinced the school to admit them. Boys Latin....maybe more than a few.

2) The moms of those kids, in some cases, strut around like they are hot stuff because their kid got into Gilman/LB/BL/SP in 6th grade.

3) Annoyed public school mom recognizes that some of the newly minted MIAA Athlete Geniuses are less smart and less athletic than her kids.

4) Comment generated: "these schools let almost ANYONE in!"

The fact is that MS admission rate is <50% for 6th grade at every school, and closer to 10% at 7th and 8th grade. Even at big bad mediocre Loyola, they are looking to add 10 new kids in 7th grade and 10 more in 8th grade before adding 100 (out of 400 applicants) in 9th grade.

Do you think they can't be or aren't selective with 10 spots to play with?

Even in 6th grade, these schools are looking to fill 25-60 spots. Do you really think just 50 kids apply lol. "oh they let anyone in these places!"

Yeah. Maybe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a June 2009 birthday. Starting in 2007 elite.

He is an average sized kid and has no concerns. We've talked about it. I have more perspective and personally think it's unfair. But life is unfair. Interestingly, my son and his other on-age friends don't really care. Most just accept it as the way of life. Many even take it as a badge of honor competing against the big/older dogs.

If you have a TRUE problem, a TRUE safety concern, VOICE IT. Log a complaint with the league. Log a complaint to a tournament director. Write the president of USL about it likely hindering the growth of the sport.

Because complaining on the internet just isn't working. If you want it to change, do something more. There is some positive momentum to change it. Join in. Waiting for someone else to do it will mean more of the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it makes you feel better that "the supposedly selective schools" average only 400 points better on the SAT compared to the average MD public school, and that English proficiency is 100% at these "shell game elitist fake education schools" instead of 16% at many of MD's vaunted public schools, then I guess knock yourself out. By default, you are a superior person I guess.

What I would say to you, is that if you live in a "better than average" public school district particularly MoCo or HoCo, how do you feel about YOUR use of money to get your kid ahead, with your $300K 1/4 lot with a $600K vinyl sided cow palace on top of it. The lot that you shopped by *specifically for that school district.* How is that participation trophy for your kid any different from paying prep school tuition? Hint, it is not any different. So take a deep breath Chad / Karen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You spend a lot of time on here defending your tough love parenting. Glad you and your kid are one of the few exceptions to the most talked about topics in youth lacrosse. I'm sure he's in advanced calc and greek studies too. I'll also suppose he's a 2008 fall baby which allows him to at least be closer to the older kids. Try having some empathy towards kids who are born in 2009 and possibly even in the summer of 2009. Those kids are possibly competing against players 3 years older than them. Are you capable of seeing anything other than through your own viewpoint?

Of course I am. Are you? My kid is not perfect and I’m certainly not a perfect parent. You’re the one that can’t get past the holdback conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a Towson dad of an MIAA MS kid who plays a few rec sports on his days off from lax/football. And I'll tell you exactly who makes this specific comment:

Moms of kids who are capable of MIAA academics and sports but choose to stay public.

Where the above comment is motivated from is

1) that there are a few kids (Gilman, SP, Loyola) who....yeah it's hard to know how they convinced the school to admit them. Boys Latin....maybe more than a few.

2) The moms of those kids, in some cases, strut around like they are hot stuff because their kid got into Gilman/LB/BL/SP in 6th grade.

3) Annoyed public school mom recognizes that some of the newly minted MIAA Athlete Geniuses are less smart and less athletic than her kids.

4) Comment generated: "these schools let almost ANYONE in!"

The fact is that MS admission rate is <50% for 6th grade at every school, and closer to 10% at 7th and 8th grade. Even at big bad mediocre Loyola, they are looking to add 10 new kids in 7th grade and 10 more in 8th grade before adding 100 (out of 400 applicants) in 9th grade.

Do you think they can't be or aren't selective with 10 spots to play with?

Even in 6th grade, these schools are looking to fill 25-60 spots. Do you really think just 50 kids apply lol. "oh they let anyone in these places!"

Yeah. Maybe.

Your argument points out something interesting when you shine the light on the fact that: Families have a 50% chance to get in at Middle school. And there are plenty of kids who have no right being in those schools, but get in anyway.

Promising the MS kids a spot in the high school, but then being "selective" with those final few spots, does not make a school selective.

It means the schools prefer kids/families enter at middle school.

It's a sales/marketing technique.

Many parents opt for free public or cheap(er) private school through middle school. So this technique of admissions helps ensure the middle school stays full.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now we know you are a troll. Never talk about it, kid is super young, starter, elite…. Your kid is a march 2008 birthday and you are playing out the string hoping for no age changes before your kid hits high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the many great thing about travel lacrosse is that it prepares boys for high school and college sports, which in turn prepare them for real life. Look at the holdback debate this way. Families who are successful, rich, and well connected find a way to make the system work in their favor. Those who do not fall into those categories can take one of two paths - figure out a way to thrive and be happy within the system, or complain endlessly how the successful, rich, and well connected get their way. That is travel lacrosse, and that is real life, whether you like it or not.

summary.
This may be applicable when the boys are young men, in HS, etc. but to teach your son you have to cheat in the youth level to get ahead makes you a POS.
Nothing like watching Mortimore & Randolph's 15yr old thump on 13yr old's.

It's actually a very true and accurate summary. Lacrosse is not a meritocracy, and neither are most things in life.

My son lost his spot on a national team to a double holdback and a single holdback, both from out of state. I mean oh well? Now....how it was handled was embarrassing on the club's part. But the decision was fine, and my kid gets it too.

What it means to the kids who are heldback? My son's experience with them is that they feel pretty embarrassed by it except when they are out on the field, being awesome. The decision was made by their parents. The parents usually are evasive about it as well. They know it's a [Censored] move. Their kids know too. How is that different than any other type of entitled parenting, like legacy admissions to college, getting a $60K job at your parents' business the day you graduate college, having someone else pay your college tuition, etc?

When is it going to be fair? Never.

You lost credibility when you said lost a spot on a national team to an out of state kid.

There are no out of state kids on national teams.

You just feel entitled to a spot for some reason. You are as big a part of the problem with lacrosse as anyone.
Entitled parents raising entitled kids crying when they don’t get their way.

Your reading comprehension skills are...Chesapeake HS vintage, maybe 1995?

Nobody's entitled to anything. Certainly not a spot on any competitive team at work, school or sports. Which my post made clear. And the fact is that most people who clamor for "MeRiToCrAcY" started on 3rd base anyway.

Cmon CHS Cougars, three roars for reading riting and recidivism!!! raawwwwwr

Honest yes or no:

Was your son better than the two players you say “took his spot?”

He was not, which, for the 4th? time? I say "nobody's entitled to anything." Kid made another national roster a month later. And plays up a year freelancing for other clubs, in addition to his regular club. Pretty sure he'll be OK.

I'll try to dense it down to Baltimore Sun readership (4th grade equivalent) since clearly that is what's required for you:

15 year old more bigger than 13 year old.
Make 13 year old look small and slow.
No call back
Not fair but not break rules.
Life go on.
Oh well.

It’s obvious what team you are talking about. And what team you son got cut from. I know the families and no one is 15.

Just stop lying on the internet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now we know you are a troll. Never talk about it, kid is super young, starter, elite…. Your kid is a march 2008 birthday and you are playing out the string hoping for no age changes before your kid hits high school.

Been following these comments and I agree. For reference my kid plays (not starter) on-age elite, and freelances with non-elite "AAA" or whatever teams a year up....tournaments, box etc. He is mentally mature....for his age...but after all he is 13.

And yes we talk about holdbacks. When a double holdback boarded him with a cross check to the back of the head in box, resulting in a concussion, we talked about it. When he took a full speed cross check to the neck from a holdback, while my kid was playing up a year, causing the refs to clear the field, yes, of course we talked about what that all meant. What a weird flex to be all, "Oh we have never really talked about holdbacks." What?

There are very few kids playing up consistently after 7th grade and I could name several who played up through 6th, and no longer play lax at all. The idea that a kid, unknown to anyone, is playing up 2 years at elite, and is a starter (meaning, he's already starting against holdbacks 3 years older than him) is laughable.

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 72 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard