BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 142 of 260 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some good teams playing this Sunday and next in FallBrawl and B'More Fall Classic.

I'm sure Hawks vs Predators is going be very exciting hahah

Team 91 MD gets to see how good they are. Are they elite? Hawks will tell them.

91 MD is Elite!

91 is much improved, between the players they got from Kelly Post and the players they got from Predators

Somehow, Predators is also apparently improved, between players they got from 91, and players they got from Kelly Post

FCA White, is also apparently improved, despite losing players to Crabs and picking up players from Predators and Blue Claws.

And honestly, Crabs seems to be better too, picking up kids from FCA White and Kelly Post.

Very interesting to see. None of these teams as good as Hawks, ML, or NL but all substantially better than a year ago.
It also helps when you play the best kids. Makes a world of difference in the level of play.

It's getting to the point where most/many of these boys know each other and were co-mingling a lot yesterday. Was cool to see.

From the boys that we knew on other teams (which to be clear, is not everybody or even close) it looked more specific than just playing time adjustments vs last year.......players in different roles than they have been in the past, and thriving. I also saw coaches at the AAA-AAAA HoCo level using timeouts very strategically (that's new, it's been haphazard for years at this level).

Also, watching the AAA/AAAA teams take on Hawks and at least not being scared out of their shorts from the first whistle, was a nice change. The "sub elite" cadre of players is starting to settle in, perhaps.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we PLEASE cease with the played out holdback talk and talk more about interesting things like the 91 Maryland team that beat Hawks yesterday (or the Hawks team that lost to a non-elite team)? The same 91 MD team that beat Hawks and FCA got blown off the field by Crabs in their third game of the day. I'd love to hear more about the improvements to the Crabs team, too. So much more interesting stuff to discuss than whiny or jaded holdback bs.

it was a weird day of pretty good and fast lax being played unless you are a hawks parent.

the tourney results pretty well explain it

1st crabs 3-0......by a large margin, the best team there. arguably played down to the competition

2nd blc 2-0-1 tying predators of all things
3rd TIE - dukes, 91 (2-1).......both teams were very well coached and the players were running hard
5th TIE - fca white, hawks (1-2). be much happier here as a fca white parent than a hawks parent lol
7th - predator 0-2-1 - 1 pt loss to fca, tie blc, 5 pt loss to hawks........surprisingly not horrible
8th - vlc - saw them play twice. looked lost. what in the world happened to this team since winning hoco aaa in may

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we PLEASE cease with the played out holdback talk and talk more about interesting things like the 91 Maryland team that beat Hawks yesterday (or the Hawks team that lost to a non-elite team)? The same 91 MD team that beat Hawks and FCA got blown off the field by Crabs in their third game of the day. I'd love to hear more about the improvements to the Crabs team, too. So much more interesting stuff to discuss than whiny or jaded holdback bs.

Team 91 and Crabs appear vastly improved, but they played FCA White (AAAA team).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps half the Hawks were playing Madlax in the youth football playoffs?

Crabs played b teams. It showed nothing about whether they are better or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it was a weird day of pretty good and fast lax being played unless you are a hawks parent.

1st crabs 3-0......by a large margin, the best team there. arguably played down to the competition

3rd TIE - dukes, 91 (2-1).......both teams were very well coached and the players were running hard
5th TIE - fca white, hawks (1-2). be much happier here as a fca white parent than a hawks parent lol
7th - predator 0-2-1 - 1 pt loss to fca, tie blc, 5 pt loss to hawks........surprisingly not horrible
8th - vlc - saw them play twice. looked lost. what in the world happened to this team since winning hoco aaa in may
91 MD prob solidified the 8th spot in Elite, True Chesapeake and BLC right before them. Team MD stays in AAA (No more AAAA), with VLC, Team Money, Predators, FCA White, Blue Claws, Sidewinders and possibly Hawks Black.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 MD prob solidified the 8th spot in Elite, True Chesapeake and BLC right before them. Team MD stays in AAA (No more AAAA), with VLC, Team Money, Predators, FCA White, Blue Claws, Sidewinders and possibly Hawks Black.

Seeing as how Team MD beat 91 head to head, the only reason this makes sense is the fact the Team MD probably doesn't want to go to elite, whereas Millon believes it's written in the stars for all his 91 teams to go to elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 MD has a big, strong attackman (#81) who seemed to take over the game in second half vs. Hawks defense. Scored at least a hat trick. Is he new to team? Looks to be a tough guard for elite level defenses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs parent here, they have ZERO holdbacks this season, but say whatever makes you sleep better at night :-)

Can you clarify this? A holdback is any kid that should be in the grade that their birthdate dictates. Just because they were held back in kindergarten vs. 7th grade doesn't make them on age. Anyone born before 9/1/2009 is a holdback. Crabs may not have kids that are repeating 7th THIS year but I am imagining they're older than you're claiming. Holdbacks are legal and the norm now, so no shame in it, but just be honest Crabs parent.
But there IS shame in it. It’s parents declaring “my child isn’t good enough academically/physically/athletically so I’m going to have them compete with younger kids where he can be more competitive.”

It’s the most beta move it can think of for people who are doing the thing to make them feel like an alpha. Pathetic! Weak gene pool.

So a kid with an Aug/July 09 birthday that started Kindergarten a little later is weak and dense?
Well they could be weak OR dense. It’s not always the case it’s both (though with ML it usually is).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what you wrote makes sense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 MD has a big, strong attackman (#81) who seemed to take over the game in second half vs. Hawks defense. Scored at least a hat trick. Is he new to team? Looks to be a tough guard for elite level defenses.

Disclaimer, I am not his parent, and our kids don't play on the same team. #81 is a former Kelly Post kid. Most of the Towson kids know him very well.
He has to be guarded with size and physicality, but even Preds were able to lock him up (scored 1 on Preds this summer, KP beat them 8-5 or 8-6). You cannot play tired kids or non-physical defenders against him, even if they are also big kids. He has a pretty high IQ for the geometry of shooting space, screens, etc. Which I know he was not coached at KP. A big athlete who has natural sports IQ? Yeah he is a threat. Hawks should have coached around him, and sure did not.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure what you wrote makes sense?
Perhaps the holdbacks are primarily for academic reasons based on the reading comprehension of the parents and what they may have passed on to their slow children?

Well now I’m rooting for you and your dim-witted progeny. I thought reclassing was about compensating for the athletic deficiencies you passed along but now I realize is cognitive and I feel bad. Special needs are special needs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs parent here, they have ZERO holdbacks this season, but say whatever makes you sleep better at night :-)

Can you clarify this? A holdback is any kid that should be in the grade that their birthdate dictates. Just because they were held back in kindergarten vs. 7th grade doesn't make them on age. Anyone born before 9/1/2009 is a holdback. Crabs may not have kids that are repeating 7th THIS year but I am imagining they're older than you're claiming. Holdbacks are legal and the norm now, so no shame in it, but just be honest Crabs parent.
But there IS shame in it. It’s parents declaring “my child isn’t good enough academically/physically/athletically so I’m going to have them compete with younger kids where he can be more competitive.”

It’s the most beta move it can think of for people who are doing the thing to make them feel like an alpha. Pathetic! Weak gene pool.

So a kid with an Aug/July 09 birthday that started Kindergarten a little later is weak and dense?
Well they could be weak OR dense. It’s not always the case it’s both (though with ML it usually is).

take it to the holdback forum already, sheeesh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can we PLEASE cease with the played out holdback talk and talk more about interesting things like the 91 Maryland team that beat Hawks yesterday (or the Hawks team that lost to a non-elite team)? The same 91 MD team that beat Hawks and FCA got blown off the field by Crabs in their third game of the day. I'd love to hear more about the improvements to the Crabs team, too. So much more interesting stuff to discuss than whiny or jaded holdback bs.

Team 91 MD have their holdbacks when they beat Hawks and FCA or were Hawks and FCA missing their own holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can we PLEASE cease with the played out holdback talk and talk more about interesting things like the 91 Maryland team that beat Hawks yesterday (or the Hawks team that lost to a non-elite team)? The same 91 MD team that beat Hawks and FCA got blown off the field by Crabs in their third game of the day. I'd love to hear more about the improvements to the Crabs team, too. So much more interesting stuff to discuss than whiny or jaded holdback bs.

Team 91 MD have their holdbacks when they beat Hawks and FCA or were Hawks and FCA missing their own holdbacks?

This conversation is a waste. Every team at Fall Brawl had sufficient players of size and skill on hand. Hawks pulling players from multiple states as usual, and this time could not get it done other than the five point win they dropped on Predator.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know VLC lost one of their defenders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live out in Loudoun County and am looking for a competitive travel lacrosse team. From what I am reading I will need to drive in closer to DC... Any thoughts on a team? If this is the wrong forum, I apologize ahead of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are here to stay and frankly, are better players. Maybe stop moaning and hold your son back. If not, hopefully D2 is there for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks, 91, Crabs, Dukes and even Preds had really good skilled attackman. Didn't appear to be too many lock down defenders. Where are they hiding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live out in Loudoun County and am looking for a competitive travel lacrosse team. From what I am reading I will need to drive in closer to DC... Any thoughts on a team? If this is the wrong forum, I apologize ahead of time.

Competitive relative to what, is kind of the key question. And at what cost.

VLC and Team Maryland are both pretty competitive (top 100 nationally) teams and sort of, kind of in your commuting area. Richmond Hawks too, though I know it's probably 2 hours for you (they don't play in a spring league, so there's that at least).

Madlax used to have some Loudon players. Top 5 team in the country but an awful commute from your area. Responsible for high numbers of future D1 players and high numbers of kids who quit the sport and detest lacrosse (and team sports) for the rest of their lives.

Loudon Tribe, MD Rebels (used to be MDX) and True VA, True DC are not really viewed as competitive. But all offer a good 1 year transition from rec ball if that's where your son has been up to this point. Tribe and MD Rebels are a good price. True is expensive for what you get, and most families move on after 1-2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hammers is in Loudon. Do Not know if they have a 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competitive relative to what, is kind of the key question. And at what cost.

VLC and Team Maryland are both pretty competitive (top 100 nationally) teams and sort of, kind of in your commuting area. Richmond Hawks too, though I know it's probably 2 hours for you (they don't play in a spring league, so there's that at least).

Madlax used to have some Loudon players. Top 5 team in the country but an awful commute from your area. Responsible for high numbers of future D1 players and high numbers of kids who quit the sport and detest lacrosse (and team sports) for the rest of their lives.

Loudon Tribe, MD Rebels (used to be MDX) and True VA, True DC are not really viewed as competitive. But all offer a good 1 year transition from rec ball if that's where your son has been up to this point. Tribe and MD Rebels are a good price. True is expensive for what you get, and most families move on after 1-2 years.
Overlooked the Hammers, based in Loudoun and actually fairly competitive. Great training facility at Ion. All turf, lights in winter, etc. If your kid is Elite, he should go Madlax or Next Level. If anything other, I’d try Hammers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the information. I do know people have talked about TRUE having the National team that seems like it could be a cool experience. I really appreciate you replying and will check out VLC and Team Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are in the right place. It would help to look closer to DC. So basically there’s a few things you need to consider. Hopefully you held your son back in Kindergarten and you may want to hold him back in 8th grade. On top of that a PG year is a great idea, then hopefully with hard work he can dominate the kids 3 years younger than him in H.S. and college. Upon graduation if he doesn’t get drafted to a pro league for a hefty 35K a year he can always start his career in his chosen field 3 years later than everyone else. Good luck, you’re going to love DMV lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are in the right place. It would help to look closer to DC. So basically there’s a few things you need to consider. Hopefully you held your son back in Kindergarten and you may want to hold him back in 8th grade. On top of that a PG year is a great idea, then hopefully with hard work he can dominate the kids 3 years younger than him in H.S. and college. Upon graduation if he doesn’t get drafted to a pro league for a hefty 35K a year he can always start his career in his chosen field 3 years later than everyone else. Good luck, you’re going to love DMV lacrosse.

You took a long time to write this post making fun of how much money you pay for your kid to play lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks losses not a good look. But Madlax got embarrassed two days in a row by B teams from Colorado and Georgia. Sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks losses not a good look. But Madlax got embarrassed two days in a row by B teams from Colorado and Georgia. Sad!

These two rosters about to get significantly older!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax will go 0-3 next week at NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty terrible fall for HoCo Elite teams thus far.

That said - Dukes Elite isn’t a B team. They have better wins than your so called HoCo elite teams this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw one post saying that the huge player who carries the team departed MadLax moved to another pram, which I assume is fake news; can somebody confirm if that is true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Embarrassed?

Saturday ML started the day missing 8 players. After the 2nd game their offensive middie who also takes FOs had to leave to Virginia for his football game. Also, their other middie who splits FOs pulled his hamstring in the 2nd game and was sent home. So down literally 10 players with a brand new backup goalie in their 3rd game.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Relax, its Fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is sad, is you thinking that fall means anything. Dummy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the information. I do know people have talked about TRUE having the National team that seems like it could be a cool experience. I really appreciate you replying and will check out VLC and Team Maryland.

People detest the national teams overall but it's generally been a neat experience for our son. Worth the money? Probably not. We're taking a year off.

Be aware that True's National Team out of MD is actually their 2nd or 3rd tier national team. The "real" national team is out of IL. Still probably a fun experience. But just be aware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So True!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be new to lacrosse, or your son only plays one sport. So, I will explain this to you. Fall Lacrosse means Nothing.

You see, some kids actually play a multiple of sports. Some kids play a multiple of sports at a very high level. Some teams have a few kids like this on their team. Some teams have more than others.

I really hope your kid is actually good at the one sport he plays and sees the field (but I doubt it). Or that would be really sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw one post saying that the huge player who carries the team departed MadLax moved to another pram, which I assume is fake news; can somebody confirm if that is true?

Yes I can confirm. You are clueless on all fronts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be new to lacrosse, or your son only plays one sport. So, I will explain this to you. Fall Lacrosse means Nothing.

You see, some kids actually play a multiple of sports. Some kids play a multiple of sports at a very high level. Some teams have a few kids like this on their team. Some teams have more than others.

I really hope your kid is actually good at the one sport he plays and sees the field (but I doubt it). Or that would be really sad!

Definitely a holdback Dad. News flash if he wasn’t playing against younger kids he would be on the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks losses and 6 point win over Preds not very good for their outing, but Duke's Elite is a very good team, 91 MD is much better and Preds are a different team from last year. Team 91 Georgia is not a B team. They would place top 4 in Elite in HoCo. Remember the more competitive teams that are in the DMV the better for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke’s Elite are a really good squad, controlled that game from the beginning…they ARE better and stronger than that Hawks squad!
Maybe hold your kid back another year and you’ll beat their 29s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax will go 0-3 next week at NAL.

Ok genius. Who do you think will beat them?

Igloo Northmen (#79)
Philadelphia Freedom (#18)
NXT Black (#40)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not exactly correct. Several players from True Chesapeake ppl are on the top National team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 142 of 260 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard