Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs parent here, they have ZERO holdbacks this season, but say whatever makes you sleep better at night :-)

Can you clarify this? A holdback is any kid that should be in the grade that their birthdate dictates. Just because they were held back in kindergarten vs. 7th grade doesn't make them on age. Anyone born before 9/1/2009 is a holdback. Crabs may not have kids that are repeating 7th THIS year but I am imagining they're older than you're claiming. Holdbacks are legal and the norm now, so no shame in it, but just be honest Crabs parent.
But there IS shame in it. It’s parents declaring “my child isn’t good enough academically/physically/athletically so I’m going to have them compete with younger kids where he can be more competitive.”

It’s the most beta move it can think of for people who are doing the thing to make them feel like an alpha. Pathetic! Weak gene pool.

So a kid with an Aug/July 09 birthday that started Kindergarten a little later is weak and dense?
Well they could be weak OR dense. It’s not always the case it’s both (though with ML it usually is).

take it to the holdback forum already, sheeesh.