BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 139 of 260 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we really asking why Cabel and the cabal of toxic parents played a kid with a broken hand?

Wouldn’t want him to be an ungreatful quitter.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabal didn't play a kick with a broken thumb. One of 11 2027 FCA reclass's playing for the 2028 FCA team broke his thumb while shooting. It's fool what a year difference combined with puberty will do for your shot. Goalie is a young 2028. It's no ones fault. it is the rules and FCA has embraced it. Can't win with on grade boys, bring an entire team down. It is dangerous and bones will be broken. Has nothing to do with the coach as everyone would like it to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s amazing how much hold back admitting is happening on these teams. Why would any Long Island team ever come down here to play.

The first part of recovery is admitting you have a problem. This is not 2028 lacrosse anymore.

It’s old 28 elite and young 27 elite.
So it’s 2027 1/2 elite.

Your observation that the 2028 division is "2027 1/2" is spot on, and the same can be said for the 2027, 2026, and practically every class at the elite level. But it is not a "problem" so much as it is just a fact of lacrosse life that is not going to change. Re-classing players in 7th and 8th grade is part of the lacrosse landscape in the mid atlantic area, and it always will be, no matter what people say in surveys or on this BOTC. (or in the car after losing a game). The holdback model works way too well for all constituencies for anybody to change it - college coaches like it because get freshmen who are emotionally and physically more mature; travel programs like it because they get an extra year of revenue, and they can build great teams without having to work as hard at developing players; private secondary schools like it because they collect an extra year of tuition, and get stronger teams; and families who can afford it financially, and whose sons are already good players, like it because they are setting their sons up for success in HS and college. So if your son plays elite level lacrosse in Baltimore or DC, for your own sanity, just accept it, the same way that you accept temporarily playing with one fewer player when your son's team gets a penalty. If you can't bring yourself to do that, then move to Long Island or Syracuse there the best players are at public schools with no re-classing, or have your son play at the non-elite level, which is still good lacrosse but has few or no holdbacks, or choose another sport that goes by birth year. If it is any consolation, holdbacks are only an issue in 7th and 8th grade - by 9th grade everybody competing at this level has hit adolescence, and the good 9th graders are playing with older kids in HS anyway, and the extra year makes little or no difference. Hope this helps.

It never ends. Look at the Big 10, PSU this year especially. They're all rolling in Grad transfers. Getting older to get better. Play lax, have fun, go to college with club lax, have fun .... oh wait .... getting bumped there by grad transfers too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yep, risky and dangerous when playing against 26/27 FCA Holdbacks. Saying ML isnt elite. FCA 2028 were not elite until the big guys held back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok JG who has switched his son to any team where he can get PT.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only an issue if they updated other finals. I don’t care enough to look.

MadLax and holdbacks. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Let’s get some facts straight. Madlax has ONE reclass on their team #47. There is NOT ANOTHER kid on Madlax 2027 who has EVER played on a 2027 team. Period. So you want to cal them a team of holdbacks, keep going if it makes you feel better.

One. Not 2, 3, 10. One kid who has ever been a grade older.

Reclasses are kids who are older than they would be if lacrosse had a calendar date cut-off, regardless of whether they've played down their whole lives or not. I know ML has at least one more of those.

Remember MadLax people lie about a score even though their own tourney and one of the MadLax posters reported the correct score. I have no idea what it was but their own tourney reported the score!

Why would they be honest about their holdback situation?

They are clearly the dirtiest team with the most vile coach and obnoxious parents. Watching them drop further and further into irrelevance is great fun.

Sure, it's a totally reasonable thing for a youth team to put a 12-year-old with a broken hand back into a game because it is fall.
Does MadLax really carry just one goalie, or was one goalie out for some reason and then the remaining goalie was injured?

How does a supposedly elite team show up with only one kid who can play goalie?!

1. As explained many times, it’s fall ball. 2. The Hawks had one goalie all last year. 3. Relax.

This begs the question why a team would put a 12yo with a broken hand back into a meaningless game. The kid maybe wanted to play and if so good for him, but shouldn't the club protect its players.
FCA dad here— Can’t imagine they’d have let him continue playing if they’d known he had a broken hand Vs “hurt.”. Kid was rock solid first half, we should have been up 10-3 but he stood on his head. Not sure how he got hurt, but he couldn’t hold the stick in the second half. We prob could have dumped another 3-4 on them but we ran out the clock last 2-3 minutes.

Another FCA dad - The parents were nice and the coach was fine, as well. They just got in a bad spot and had one bad loss. We had one of those against the Hawks last year. I fully expect ML to rebound and they’ll be in contention for HOCO championship in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hard to beat 26/27 hold backs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the FCA 2028's hold back for the 29/30s? Did that also happen this fall or do they hold back in the 2023-2024 school year? That is such an interesting philosophy, but successful and it clearly works for them. They [Censored] until 7th grade when they hold back kids 2 years older?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This outrage from ML parents regarding the FCA holdbacks is hilarious!

You guys have been beating up on teams with a 14yr old twice the size of the kids he's competing against for years. Then you come on here thumping your chests. Now another team has holdbacks and you come on here and whine about it!

The lack of self awareness is embarrassing. Maybe a little humility would have been better when your 14 old was running through teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yep, risky and dangerous when playing against 26/27 FCA Holdbacks. Saying ML isnt elite. FCA 2028 were not elite until the big guys held back.

They have a 26 holdback? Wow, new low, which one?

I would push back a little, they were in the Hoco championship last year. IIRC MadLax was at home. I would say a team who makes the elite championship game would qualify as elite.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the FCA 2028's hold back for the 29/30s? Did that also happen this fall or do they hold back in the 2023-2024 school year? That is such an interesting philosophy, but successful and it clearly works for them. They [Censored] until 7th grade when they hold back kids 2 years older?

This can’t be a hawks parent considering the amount of holdbacks on that team. You people need to realize parents will hold their kids back in 7th and 8th grade so when they make it high school they look better and have chance to make varsity. Covid only gave these lost parents a perfect excuse. Need to change to age base especially since they can’t recruit at younger age anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're looking a little too deep into it. FCA 2028 has been a top tier team for a while. A few kids parents decided to go the holdback route and create a "super-team". FCA as an organization is not going to tell those families "no thanks - go elsewhere". I don't believe any other organization would have either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listening to MadLax parents, of all people, complain about holdbacks is really the most amazing display of people not being self aware.

Do they really have kids 2 years older?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haaaa … no dog in this fight, but solid point. FCA never beat Madlax until they brought in 2027 FCA players. Yet now Madlax is no longer Elite? Come on guys… FCA folks on here are pounding their chests after a fall ball game where the opponent didn’t have a goalie in the second half. Maybe learn how to win with those big kids… dancing in the end zone migjt not be appropriate just yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only an issue if they updated other finals. I don’t care enough to look.

MadLax and holdbacks. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Let’s get some facts straight. Madlax has ONE reclass on their team #47. There is NOT ANOTHER kid on Madlax 2027 who has EVER played on a 2027 team. Period. So you want to cal them a team of holdbacks, keep going if it makes you feel better.

One. Not 2, 3, 10. One kid who has ever been a grade older.

Reclasses are kids who are older than they would be if lacrosse had a calendar date cut-off, regardless of whether they've played down their whole lives or not. I know ML has at least one more of those.

Remember MadLax people lie about a score even though their own tourney and one of the MadLax posters reported the correct score. I have no idea what it was but their own tourney reported the score!

Why would they be honest about their holdback situation?

They are clearly the dirtiest team with the most vile coach and obnoxious parents. Watching them drop further and further into irrelevance is great fun.

Sure, it's a totally reasonable thing for a youth team to put a 12-year-old with a broken hand back into a game because it is fall.
Does MadLax really carry just one goalie, or was one goalie out for some reason and then the remaining goalie was injured?

How does a supposedly elite team show up with only one kid who can play goalie?!

1. As explained many times, it’s fall ball. 2. The Hawks had one goalie all last year. 3. Relax.

This begs the question why a team would put a 12yo with a broken hand back into a meaningless game. The kid maybe wanted to play and if so good for him, but shouldn't the club protect its players.
FCA dad here— Can’t imagine they’d have let him continue playing if they’d known he had a broken hand Vs “hurt.”. Kid was rock solid first half, we should have been up 10-3 but he stood on his head. Not sure how he got hurt, but he couldn’t hold the stick in the second half. We prob could have dumped another 3-4 on them but we ran out the clock last 2-3 minutes.

Another FCA dad - The parents were nice and the coach was fine, as well. They just got in a bad spot and had one bad loss. We had one of those against the Hawks last year. I fully expect ML to rebound and they’ll be in contention for HOCO championship in the spring.
How many FCA Blue got bumped down to White team due to the holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It all depends on who is trying to get into Calvert hall. BK uses this and other teams as his pipeline, and I'm sure he's dictating who does what. Puppet master. The big 2027 is bigger and more athletic, but needs stickwork. I'm sure that's the message he got.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML will struggle beat anyone elite without guest players and their big holdback. (They even lose with the big holdback when the out of state kids don’t show up).

Recent few games - Lost to NXT at naptown (with out of state player). Waxed by FCA.

Expect Cab to go full recruiting with even more out of state kids. Madlax long time kids will see more of the bench.

Cab will NOT be ok with finishing third or fourth and not winning tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML will struggle beat anyone elite without guest players and their big holdback. (They even lose with the big holdback when the out of state kids don’t show up).

Recent few games - Lost to NXT at naptown (with out of state player). Waxed by FCA.

Expect Cab to go full recruiting with even more out of state kids. Madlax long time kids will see more of the bench.

Cab will NOT be ok with finishing third or fourth and not winning tournaments.

NL parent here. The trolling of madlax is silly and hopefully not from one of our parents. What I'm getting from the fall tourney readouts/banter and our own experience esp. from playing 2Way three times in the past 4 months is that there's likely going to be a bunch of reshuffling + sorting this 7th grade year. That goes for players and teams. The equation for success is pretty simple. Your elite team of 12- and 13-year olds hits puberty faster than other teams or you bring down (reclass) or your elite team recruits kids who were very good lacrosse players as boys and are now solidly built young men. Middling clubs are suddenly dominant ones, almost overnight. To a point made earlier, I haven't seen anything in the way of dangerousness (should-be 9th grader running over young 7th grader) that concerns me. Maybe that changes as I see the boys play more. But for now I think you're going to see teams made up primarily of boys playing against teams of young men. Roughly the same age grouping (12-14) and similarly skilled but wildly different in terms of body composition. I'm assuming that vets of the club lacrosse scene on this board will report that it takes a couple of years to sort all of this out ... before we know who emerges as best players and teams. And, by then, everyone is focused on recruiting, HS lacroses, and not thumping their chest about club dominance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ML "big holdback" is very good, but he's not the leading scorer on the team. For the record. ML only has two regular guest players and they are not at every tournament and very rarely together. ML will be fine.

But I agree on ML coach going bananas. He does it for no reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for NAL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA being the new holdback arch enemy is the best fall development in some time.

signed, Hawks dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're looking a little too deep into it. FCA 2028 has been a top tier team for a while. A few kids parents decided to go the holdback route and create a "super-team". FCA as an organization is not going to tell those families "no thanks - go elsewhere". I don't believe any other organization would have either.
ML parent here… while I would love to see youth lacrosse by birth year, it’s sadly not the case. Is what it is. The FCA kids all seem like good kids. Not their fault if their parents want to do what they do. That #14 on FCA is prob the best player I’ve seen at the 2028 level, right there with #8 at 2Way. Both were apparently the best players on their respective 2027 teams. Not sure why they’d reclass, but now they’re top of the stack. Perhaps I just answered my own question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for NAL?
I have one. Madlax will not win it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax complaining about holdbacks is rich.

I don’t watch a lot of Madlax lacrosse but I’ve seen 47 hurt two kids with my own eyes.

Now they are crying victim.

Unreal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for NAL?
I have one. Madlax will not win it

Thanks for your predication, Dad, who's kid probably never sees the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA being the new holdback arch enemy is the best fall development in some time.

signed, Hawks dad

And verily did Jesus sayeth unto them, "Thine seed shalt taketh an extra year of middle school so as to smite thine opponents and braggeth on message boards, because thus is the way of the Lord our God."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for NAL?

3D or Mad Dog National Take it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

signed, Hawks dad

And verily did Jesus sayeth unto them, "Thine seed shalt taketh an extra year of middle school so as to smite thine opponents and braggeth on message boards, because thus is the way of the Lord our God."

That is gold.
When the Hawks play FCA, will that be in the 27 bracket or the 28?
Asking for a friend 😀

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

signed, Hawks dad

That is gold.
When the Hawks play FCA, will that be in the 27 bracket or the 28?
Asking for a friend 😀

Haaaa!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL dad Shut up...go figure out your offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL dad Shut up...go figure out your offense.

Exactly! NextLevel has been averaging about 5-6 goals per game this fall - they need to get back to whatever they did last spring to hang 15 goals on MadLax in the HoCo playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for NAL?

Don't sleep on Leading Edge!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for NAL?

Don't sleep on Leading Edge!

Does leading edge still have 8th graders on the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks scheduled themselves to play Preds and 91 MD.

Lol nice job guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabal didn't play a kick with a broken thumb. One of 11 2027 FCA reclass's playing for the 2028 FCA team broke his thumb while shooting. It's fool what a year difference combined with puberty will do for your shot. Goalie is a young 2028. It's no ones fault. it is the rules and FCA has embraced it. Can't win with on grade boys, bring an entire team down. It is dangerous and bones will be broken. Has nothing to do with the coach as everyone would like it to.
FCA had 11 2027 kids reclass??? What a joke. Can't be elite at my own age so I have to drop down. No respect to FCA 2028 Blue....The Houston Astros of 2028

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA the new sheriff in town. Doubt they'll ever lose to Hawks or Madlax ever again. Beat down today.

FCA beat us fair and square BUT a let the holdback talk begin. They had two reclassed 2027s head and shoulders above everyone else. It's still baffling to me that a parent would want their kid playing against kids a foot shorter than them. I'd be embarrassed.

Ummmm...#47 on your team has had at least a foot and 50 lbs on everyone for the last few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the whole team is 2025 players on steroids. That's what one of the parents said so I has to be true...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the whole team is 2025 players on steroids. That's what one of the parents said so I has to be true...
Not according to their D-poles. A good attack will eat them up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not according to their D-poles. A good attack will eat them up.

Exactly, if MadLax had a competent attack they would have score more than 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island dad here. It's funny to see this board now complaining about reclassing. "Can't win in 2027 so you drop down" etc. This whole disaster of older kids playing younger kids to look better was started by all of you. Now some team that you feel like you should be better than beats you at your own game (holding kids back in middle school for lacrosse) and they are the "Astros of 2028".

Anyone from Madlax that complains needs to check themselves...you all have been rolling out a kid WAY bigger and stronger than everyone for years.

BTW- we all know what's going to happen this summer. Madlax going to lose in Hocon (??) and then pull the "guest" players in for the summer. All because they would rather inflate their record than win/lose with their own kids. And the world turns...

Like Reply Quote
Page 139 of 260 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard