Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When do the FCA 2028's hold back for the 29/30s? Did that also happen this fall or do they hold back in the 2023-2024 school year? That is such an interesting philosophy, but successful and it clearly works for them. They [Censored] until 7th grade when they hold back kids 2 years older?
I think you're looking a little too deep into it. FCA 2028 has been a top tier team for a while. A few kids parents decided to go the holdback route and create a "super-team". FCA as an organization is not going to tell those families "no thanks - go elsewhere". I don't believe any other organization would have either.
ML parent here… while I would love to see youth lacrosse by birth year, it’s sadly not the case. Is what it is. The FCA kids all seem like good kids. Not their fault if their parents want to do what they do. That #14 on FCA is prob the best player I’ve seen at the 2028 level, right there with #8 at 2Way. Both were apparently the best players on their respective 2027 teams. Not sure why they’d reclass, but now they’re top of the stack. Perhaps I just answered my own question.