Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only an issue if they updated other finals. I don’t care enough to look.

MadLax and holdbacks. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Let’s get some facts straight. Madlax has ONE reclass on their team #47. There is NOT ANOTHER kid on Madlax 2027 who has EVER played on a 2027 team. Period. So you want to cal them a team of holdbacks, keep going if it makes you feel better.

One. Not 2, 3, 10. One kid who has ever been a grade older.

Reclasses are kids who are older than they would be if lacrosse had a calendar date cut-off, regardless of whether they've played down their whole lives or not. I know ML has at least one more of those.

Remember MadLax people lie about a score even though their own tourney and one of the MadLax posters reported the correct score. I have no idea what it was but their own tourney reported the score!

Why would they be honest about their holdback situation?

They are clearly the dirtiest team with the most vile coach and obnoxious parents. Watching them drop further and further into irrelevance is great fun.

Sure, it's a totally reasonable thing for a youth team to put a 12-year-old with a broken hand back into a game because it is fall.
Does MadLax really carry just one goalie, or was one goalie out for some reason and then the remaining goalie was injured?

How does a supposedly elite team show up with only one kid who can play goalie?!

1. As explained many times, it’s fall ball. 2. The Hawks had one goalie all last year. 3. Relax.

This begs the question why a team would put a 12yo with a broken hand back into a meaningless game. The kid maybe wanted to play and if so good for him, but shouldn't the club protect its players.
FCA dad here— Can’t imagine they’d have let him continue playing if they’d known he had a broken hand Vs “hurt.”. Kid was rock solid first half, we should have been up 10-3 but he stood on his head. Not sure how he got hurt, but he couldn’t hold the stick in the second half. We prob could have dumped another 3-4 on them but we ran out the clock last 2-3 minutes.

Another FCA dad - The parents were nice and the coach was fine, as well. They just got in a bad spot and had one bad loss. We had one of those against the Hawks last year. I fully expect ML to rebound and they’ll be in contention for HOCO championship in the spring.