BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,653
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 101 of 102 1 2 99 100 101 102
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unreal. Did Yorktown play all of its horses? Congrats to Carmel

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unreal. Did Yorktown play all of its horses? Congrats to Carmel
Based on the stat lines they did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, just flat, and carmel was better team, for sure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like playoff brackets are all but finalized. Championship game predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Mamaroneck v Scarsdale Mam wins 11-7

B Yorktown v. Somers Somers wins 9-8

C Rye v. JJ John Jay wins 8-7 3ot

D Pleasantville v. Bronxville P wins 14-7

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Mamaroneck v Scarsdale Mam wins 11-7

B Yorktown v. Somers Somers wins 9-8

C Rye v. JJ John Jay wins 8-7 3ot

D Pleasantville v. Bronxville P wins 14-7

A, B, C hard to argue against. I think Somers Yorktown could go either way, but I lean towards Somers based on how each team is peaking (or not) right now.

Jay will be more emphatic of a W than an OT win - though you can't rule this out. If Rye can reset it could be them as well. I just don't see either team beating the other twice in one season. Jay will be hungry for this one.

D - Bronxville is a historical pick to me, but I think they are a little too young this year. I could see a Westlake or Haldane in that final. No matter what, it's really fighting for who P'ville will beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Greeley should be in the conversation. That first quarter against Somers looked good and I think at their best they could beat Yorktown or Somers. My prediction is Greeley v. Yorktown where Greeley comes out on top in a close game. Maybe 8-7 OT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Greeley should be in the conversation. That first quarter against Somers looked good and I think at their best they could beat Yorktown or Somers. My prediction is Greeley v. Yorktown where Greeley comes out on top in a close game. Maybe 8-7 OT.
That’s great but games are 4 quarters long. What was the final score of the Somers game?
Somers is probably the team to beat right now. They’ve only gotten better since that game.

Perhaps they deserve to be in the conversation but they aren’t built to get through both Somers AND Yorktown. And they have to get though Fox Lane again who held them to 2 goals. (I don’t see a repeat of that, but they have to win that one first)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very intrigued by the semifinal games in Class A and Class D.
Carmel vs Scarsdale is a good matchup. Scarsdale gets their best player and QB of the offense back in the lineup, they have looked much better since. Carmel has a little bit of jekyll and hyde, you don't know what team will show up. The game versus Greenwich was a trap game, tough coming off such an emotional high 1 day later. If Carmel comes in focused I give them the edge.
Westlake vs Bronxville is also an intriguing matchup. I think Westlake has a lot of firepower. They haven't played the best competition all year but they have a lot of skill and are a confident group. Bronxville is not as talented as previous years but they are well coached. I think Westlake will out shoot them but i give Bronxville the edge because of the goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very intrigued by the semifinal games in Class A and Class D.
Carmel vs Scarsdale is a good matchup. Scarsdale gets their best player and QB of the offense back in the lineup, they have looked much better since. Carmel has a little bit of jekyll and hyde, you don't know what team will show up. The game versus Greenwich was a trap game, tough coming off such an emotional high 1 day later. If Carmel comes in focused I give them the edge.
Westlake vs Bronxville is also an intriguing matchup. I think Westlake has a lot of firepower. They haven't played the best competition all year but they have a lot of skill and are a confident group. Bronxville is not as talented as previous years but they are well coached. I think Westlake will out shoot them but i give Bronxville the edge because of the goalie.

Depending on which Carmel team shows up it could go either way. Any team that can beat Yorktown like that can run with anyone.

In D I think your on to something with Bronxville/Westlake. Bronxville has the edge in their goalie but Westlake has a big senior class and think the edge on FO. It all depends on which version of Bronxville shows up.

Stairs are different now that it’s win or go home.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Def did not see Stepincrap taking down Iona in such dominant fashion.....at IP no less. Coaches win or loss? IP over rated? Took them lightly? Congrats to the Step Seniors and Coach Goldman. Deserving bunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Def did not see Stepincrap taking down Iona in such dominant fashion.....at IP no less. Coaches win or loss? IP over rated? Took them lightly? Congrats to the Step Seniors and Coach Goldman. Deserving bunch.
This has to be one of the strangest weeks of Westchester Lacrosse in a long while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be one of the strangest weeks of Westchester Lacrosse in a long while.

You know it’s a weird week when Dobbs Ferry takes down Briarcliff in the playoffs. Never thought that could ever happen. It’s fool how much things can change in such a short time period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stepinac shut down the Iona star player. No points. !! Hmm seems weird .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoffs in section are too easy to qualify for.

We are looking at 5-6 teams with only 4 wins in the playoffs. The bar to qualify should be much higher. Looking back the last two years, nearly all the first round games weren’t close. Most were blowouts. It’s great to have teams in the playoffs and teams get more games, but these are not high quality games. There’s a couple of good 8/9 games but that’s all.

Keeping the playoffs to the top 8 teams in each class would eliminate the first round and extend regular season another couple of days.

But how do you choose the 8 teams? The team that achieved a gaudy record playing only cupcakes, or the team that played a tough schedule and lost a lot of close games?

The way it is set up now is the lesser of several evils.

BTW the top programs like the current set up because it allows them to play top programs out of the section - to keep kids from leaving - and still qualify. Lesser programs like it because it ensures entry. So basically no one will want to scrap it.
While I have some issues with the current system, you can keep the same formula and make the cutoff at the top 8 of each class make the playoffs.

The issue with the system as it stands is a team can theoretically play 16 games against .500 teams, only win 4 and you are in the playoffs. I like the bonus points you get for playing tougher teams, and it allows you to play out of section and not be punished for doing so. I have no problem there. The threshold to qualifying is too low.

The bonus point system does not necessarily benefit you for playing tougher teams in many instances. A mediocre team that plays a soft scheduled generates bonus points for their opponents, while sometimes a better team that plays (and loses) a tough schedule does not.
Except, that's exactly what it is designed to do: reward teams that play tougher schedules. Look at Mahopac and Rye Neck. They have 6 wins between them and they both on the verge of making playoffs. Mahopac has only won 2 games (8 points) but has 13 bonus points. They are one win away from qualifying. Had the bonus points not been there for the opponents they played - and THEIR. - schedules, they'd be nowhere near making it in this year. Mahopac got bonus points and double from nearly every team they played this year.

Now, They deserve credit for the schedule they played. I argue that a 2-3 win team shouldn't be in the playoffs, but that is the system we have. The formula is unlikely to change and I was the original one that suggested we limit it to the top 8 seeds in each class. That is 32 of 50 teams in the section. That's over 60% of the total teams make the playoffs still.
To add more to the argument to lose the first round: Of the 8 games we had this year, the total goal differential was 85 goals. only 3 games were decided by less than 9 goals. The average margin of victory was 10.75.

We're saying these are high-quality, playoff-caliber contests? The only "upsets" over the last few years have been a 9 over an 8 which should be as evenly matched as it should get.

Would everyone not be better off having the regular season go one week longer, stretch out games so there's a max of 2 per week. This adds more prep, practice and recovery time and make all the regular season games more competitive? especially knowing everyone is legitimately battling for one of 8 playoff spots in each class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big semifinal games tomorrow in A & D and then B & C on Friday. Predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about a scrappy squad, Pearl River with 1 senior on the team gives John Jay a run for their money. If the Jay FOGO didn’t go 22/25 PR legitimately could have won. They are going to be a team to look out for next year after a successful rebuilding year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class A

Mamaroneck over White Plains 15-5: Great season for WP but they are overmatched in this one. Not much to see here Mamaroneck will get to the finals comfortably.

Carmel over Scarsdale 13-10: This is going to be a great game. Scarsdale lost their FOGO but returned their best guy on offense. I am taking Carmel because I don’t think Scarsdale can stop Carmel’s top guys. I think it will be close because Scarsdale is coming off a 3 peat and has some guys with championship experience. Carmel knows how to win too though with their championship experience in football and their talent will put them over the edge.

Class D

Pleasantville over Haldane 17-5: Haldane has some good individual talent but it’s playoff time. Pleasantville is a veteran team and knows how to play in big games. This is a determined group.

Bronxville over Westlake 12-11: This is going to be the best semifinal game in Section 1. Complete coin flip game for me. Both teams are around the same skill level when comparing the rosters. Westlake is undefeated against a cupcake schedule but they have legit players. Bronxville has played some quality teams and has taken their lumps which helps prepare them for this moment. Bronxville has the edge at goalie and coach so I will take them. Not very confident in this pick at all as Bronxville has struggled with Westlake in previous years (2017-2018).

Class B

Somers over Horace Greeley 17-11: I am predicting a shoot out in this one. Somers has a lot of D1 talent on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense can be vulnerable though. Greeley will need to try to win in a shoot out because I don’t trust their defense at all. I don’t think Greeley is ready yet, they are a year away. They are also facing an uphill battle because the Somers fogo is legit. Somers also has lots of championship experience from football and Greeley has never won anything of note.

Yorktown over Lakeland 9-7: I want to pick Lakeland here but I don’t have the guts to do it. Yorktown has legitimate problems offensively, they struggle to score at times. Their offense had a good pick me up versus Mahopac but we need to see if they can do it versus a worthy opponent. I think physically Lakeland matches up well with Yorktown but beating the Huskers is a mental game. They are Yorktown's younger brother and they have come close many times but can’t get over that hump. Going to be a great game and can’t wait to watch the rematch.

Class C

John Jay over Hen Hud 13-5: John Jay is coming off a too close for comfort game versus Pearl River. I think there are concerns on the defensive end for Jay. They are a veteran team and will make the adjustments. Their FOGO is also one of the best in the section which will allow them to play make it take it.

Rye over Tappan Zee 15-9: Rye has been a weird team this year and have been underwhelming in my opinion. They have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball but have been struggling to put it together. Tappan Zee is no slouch but I think Rye’s talent will be too overwhelming. I think it will be close early but Rye will run away in the second half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Class B I think the opposite because the Greeley defense is gritty. They might not have the size but they fight. I think both teams at their best will stack up very well and it could be a very close game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please stop.. 15-6 Somers a couple of weeks ago..will not be close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class A

Mamaroneck over White Plains 15-5: Great season for WP but they are overmatched in this one. Not much to see here Mamaroneck will get to the finals comfortably.

Carmel over Scarsdale 13-10: This is going to be a great game. Scarsdale lost their FOGO but returned their best guy on offense. I am taking Carmel because I don’t think Scarsdale can stop Carmel’s top guys. I think it will be close because Scarsdale is coming off a 3 peat and has some guys with championship experience. Carmel knows how to win too though with their championship experience in football and their talent will put them over the edge.

Class D

Pleasantville over Haldane 17-5: Haldane has some good individual talent but it’s playoff time. Pleasantville is a veteran team and knows how to play in big games. This is a determined group.

Bronxville over Westlake 12-11: This is going to be the best semifinal game in Section 1. Complete coin flip game for me. Both teams are around the same skill level when comparing the rosters. Westlake is undefeated against a cupcake schedule but they have legit players. Bronxville has played some quality teams and has taken their lumps which helps prepare them for this moment. Bronxville has the edge at goalie and coach so I will take them. Not very confident in this pick at all as Bronxville has struggled with Westlake in previous years (2017-2018).

Class B

Somers over Horace Greeley 17-11: I am predicting a shoot out in this one. Somers has a lot of D1 talent on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense can be vulnerable though. Greeley will need to try to win in a shoot out because I don’t trust their defense at all. I don’t think Greeley is ready yet, they are a year away. They are also facing an uphill battle because the Somers fogo is legit. Somers also has lots of championship experience from football and Greeley has never won anything of note.

Yorktown over Lakeland 9-7: I want to pick Lakeland here but I don’t have the guts to do it. Yorktown has legitimate problems offensively, they struggle to score at times. Their offense had a good pick me up versus Mahopac but we need to see if they can do it versus a worthy opponent. I think physically Lakeland matches up well with Yorktown but beating the Huskers is a mental game. They are Yorktown's younger brother and they have come close many times but can’t get over that hump. Going to be a great game and can’t wait to watch the rematch.

Class C

John Jay over Hen Hud 13-5: John Jay is coming off a too close for comfort game versus Pearl River. I think there are concerns on the defensive end for Jay. They are a veteran team and will make the adjustments. Their FOGO is also one of the best in the section which will allow them to play make it take it.

Rye over Tappan Zee 15-9: Rye has been a weird team this year and have been underwhelming in my opinion. They have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball but have been struggling to put it together. Tappan Zee is no slouch but I think Rye’s talent will be too overwhelming. I think it will be close early but Rye will run away in the second half.
The 3 most interesting Semifinal games are

A Scarsdale/Carmel Both teams have won good games and lost others they should have won. Scarsdale is down their FO guy but have their best player back. I lean towards championship experience in Scarsdale, even though the players are young enough that it's still new to them. If the Carmel team that beat Yorktown is there - it could be a fun game for them. I am going Scarsdale but it could go either way.

B Greeley/Somers. This will most likely be a shootout. It will come down to can Greeley overcome the fogo game. They have some guys that can go at the dot, but Somers has been exceptional there this year. Both D's have been afterthoughts with the high scoring each team has done most of the year, so it will come down to how good each unit plays. They both have good individual defenders, but who plays better as unit will make the difference at that end. Greeley also can't afford the slow starts they've been having lately. Both goalies have had great seasons. Somers has a big edge in the transition game and have played a tougher schedule that has them more seasoned for this part of the year. Somers in a close-by-the-score shootout. 17-11 is hard to argue, I think it will be a little closer with some late goals like 17-15 or 19-16. (with the odd outcomes in Section 1 over the last two weeks a freak 6-5 late score/OT game would not be out of character either)

D Westlake/Bronxville. I know Bronxville is the popular easy choice. They have the goalie, big game experience and a tougher schedule to prepare them. But they have been up and down all year. Westlake can grind this one out. FO will be a key here and can they score enough goals against arguably the best goalie they will see this year? Has Bronxville grown up enough this season to overcome some early-game setbacks or a small run or two by Westlake? This is another flip a coin game, but I'd like to see Westlake pull this out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronxville will win easy. Westlake has given up a lot of goals agains a lot of poor offenses/teams. Bronxville will score and score often on them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronxville will win easy. Westlake has given up a lot of goals agains a lot of poor offenses/teams. Bronxville will score and score often on them.
I wouldn't say it was an easy win, but program experience was the difference. Once they went on a 2-3 goal run in the 3rd, Westlake couldn't answer. Good game overall though.

Friday's game in beautiful weather.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can they give Pville a game next week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greeley saved their best for the semis. Somers saved their worst.
It was not well-officiated but Greeley had a good game plan with long deliberate possessions. Goalie play could not have been more different. Greeley goalie stood on his head. Somers goalie was not seeing it well early. Then Somers went nearly 8 minutes in the 4th without scoring a goal.

All credit to Greeley that was the best and most complete they’ve played all year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers played a weak schedule and new coaches were handed a great team on a platter. Terrible coaching abd looking ahead to finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers played a weak schedule and new coaches were handed a great team on a platter. Terrible coaching abd looking ahead to finals.
That’s such a Terrible take that it reeks of the same old disgruntled parent that has pervaded Somers the last few years. You ran the last staff out. This staff revamped things. They dominated most games this year. Handled this Greeley team a few weeks ago played arguably the toughest final 3 games of the year vs two #1 seeds and a #2 seed beating Rye taking Pleasantville to OT and playing a close one vs Jay

They just didn’t play their best today. Greeley played their best game In 2 years. It’s just the way it went today. It was a great season, ended in a good game against a good team who had to play their best to win.

It really can be that simple. It take nothing away from the season they had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s such a Terrible take that it reeks of the same old disgruntled parent that has pervaded Somers the last few years. You ran the last staff out. This staff revamped things. They dominated most games this year. Handled this Greeley team a few weeks ago played arguably the toughest final 3 games of the year vs two #1 seeds and a #2 seed beating Rye taking Pleasantville to OT and playing a close one vs Jay

They just didn’t play their best today. Greeley played their best game In 2 years. It’s just the way it went today. It was a great season, ended in a good game against a good team who had to play their best to win.

It really can be that simple. It take nothing away from the season they had.
Agree with this take 1000%..... two very good teams went at it and it went Greeley's way based on effort, coaching and the bouncing ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow so much detest!!!! That's why you play the games. Greeley showed up and played and Somers didn't. It's amazing how much has changed in 20 years since I played for yorktown. I'm literally ancient history it's fool. Sounds like yorktown greeley will be a good section final. These two used to be the toast of the section so it's nice to see greeley back!!!

If I had to guess the last time yorktown played greeley for section title was 2003 , yorktown 10-6

Excited for good game next week!??!!@

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class D- Bronxville vs Pleasantville- Pleasantville seems to be much more consistent, but Bronxville should make it competitive.

Class C- Rye vs John Jay CR- Another toss up, but I think John Jay gotten better through out the season despite Rye winning the first meeting.

Class B- Greeley vs Yorktown- Genuinely, have no idea who wins this matchup. People will instantly say Yorktown because of the name, but I really don't know.

Class A- Carmel vs Mamo- Again such a toss up, it was easy to say before that Carmel beat no one, but then they dog walked Yorktown. Mamo on the other hand has had strong showings this year, but they just seem inconsistent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pleasantvile wins 13-9

John Jay wins 10-8

Town wins 11-4

Mamo wins 13-7

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #440776 Yesterday at 09:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class D- Bronxville vs Pleasantville- Pleasantville seems to be much more consistent, but Bronxville should make it competitive.

Class C- Rye vs John Jay CR- Another toss up, but I think John Jay gotten better through out the season despite Rye winning the first meeting.

Class B- Greeley vs Yorktown- Genuinely, have no idea who wins this matchup. People will instantly say Yorktown because of the name, but I really don't know.

Class A- Carmel vs Mamo- Again such a toss up, it was easy to say before that Carmel beat no one, but then they dog walked Yorktown. Mamo on the other hand has had strong showings this year, but they just seem inconsistent.
A & B are going to come down to which version of each team shows up today.
If Mamo plays like they did against Greeley or Yorktown they're in trouble, but they have been on a roll in the last 4 games. The D needs to keep up th elow scoring. Carmel needs to play like they did Yorktown and Scarsdale. Both do that and it's a very good game.

Yorktown has the edge, but they have been inconsistent this season. If they solved the turnover bug, they should be okay. This is strength on strength with Greely O vs. Town D. The edge will be can Greeley clear it against the Town 10-man and can they continue the winning ways not winning FO like they did vs. Somers. Yorktown will capitalize on the edge there. They will be way more patient with the ball than Somers. I think Yorktown will kill a lot of clock on keep the ball out of Greeley's hands.

C is a trends game. Jay has been on a solid climb lat this year where Rye has not a great end of the season. Plus it will be hard for Rye to beat this team twice. I give JJCR the edge in a close one

D- It's P'ville. Bronxville goalie will need to have the game of his life. I think Bronxville is just a year to two too young and P'ville has the horses and the experience.

Like Reply Quote
Page 101 of 102 1 2 99 100 101 102
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard