BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,300
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 137 of 260 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many kids are on the 91 MD roster?

The question is really who left. Spring roster was 29. Summer roster was 30 + FCA guest players. Added 8, pre-tryout, from Kelly Post. Added 2 more KP and 1-2 Preds kids in tryouts. Lost only a few that I know of, but I cannot imagine the roster size is 42. As hilarious as it would be.

At some point don't you just make a B team
91 wouldn't be caught dead with a "B" team. Curious to see if they try to play in Elite for HoCo and AA for Hogan FallBrawl in November

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question is really who left. Spring roster was 29. Summer roster was 30 + FCA guest players. Added 8, pre-tryout, from Kelly Post. Added 2 more KP and 1-2 Preds kids in tryouts. Lost only a few that I know of, but I cannot imagine the roster size is 42. As hilarious as it would be.

91 wouldn't be caught dead with a "B" team. Curious to see if they try to play in Elite for HoCo and AA for Hogan FallBrawl in November

That’s silly.

The real 91 in LI has B and C teams but somehow the MD instance is too good for a B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s silly.

The real 91 in LI has B and C teams but somehow the MD instance is too good for a B team.

Millon has (in the past at least) successfully bamboozled parents into believing that it's worthwhile for half of these kids to be on the "Team 91 Practice Team" for $1700/year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s silly.

Millon has (in the past at least) successfully bamboozled parents into believing that it's worthwhile for half of these kids to be on the "Team 91 Practice Team" for $1700/year.
Parents....game experience is very important at the middle school age. If your kid is not getting that and riding the bench you should find a team where your kid gets playing time. It's great to say "my kid plays on a AAA, AAAA, Elite team", but if he's not seeing the field is it really that great. Just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax coach costs those kids game after game after game with his hysteria, complete lack of composure, and over-reliance on a couple of players. My kid is friendly with a bunch of those kids, they’re growing tired of it. And they’re a REALLY good team, prob one of the top 2-3 in the nation. Their coach just can’t get out of their way.

You can say it. Their head coach is Cabell Maddox, the owner of the team and father of one of the players.

What happened with the ML24's will happen with the 28's. All those college commits get a NL stamp on them. Ouch.

Can you shed some light on what happened with the madlax 24s and when? And why you think the same thing will happen with 28s?
I don’t know much… but the Madlax 2024 team was #1 in the nation thru 8th grade. Won everything. Then the best 5-6 players left for NL for various reasons, but one reason was because the coach played his two kids in front of 2 of those better players and they hit the bricks…perhaps there’s a better explanation, but that’s what I’ve heard from NL folks

I'm not a Madlax parent, but making a bold proclamation about a team and then admitting that you don't actually know what's happening and only heard some things from some other people is peak BOTC 2028.

So true! I am no fan of Madlax either, but who starts off a post saying "I don't know much" about the topic and then proceeds to spread gossip opinions and other forms of nonsense. But please come back and report when you actually know something!
I DO know and can corroborate the previous poster’s statement as fact. Those kids left due to Daddy Ball 101. 5-6 of them, and they’re now Next Level’s best players, including Duenkel, Whitehurst, Horning, Walker, etc.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s silly.

Parents....game experience is very important at the middle school age. If your kid is not getting that and riding the bench you should find a team where your kid gets playing time. It's great to say "my kid plays on a AAA, AAAA, Elite team", but if he's not seeing the field is it really that great. Just my opinion.

Oh you're going to get some 3rd string "elite" parents riled up with that comment. There's some truth to what you're saying, but there's also huge value in working out with a team 3x per week during the spring, against athletes who are better than you (the 1st string kids on the same elite team). If the kid is just seeing mop up time in HoCo games that's not ideal.

My biggest concerns about playing a kid down to AA or A level where he's the "all star" are that he never sees great competition, there are likely fewer and lower intensity workouts, and the coaching is probably less toxic but also less likely to cause athletes to step up their game. For every clueless "elite" parent who thinks their benchwarmer kid is elite-adjacent, there's another clueless parent who is excited because their kid was the top scorer in the B bracket of an Aloha tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s silly.

Oh you're going to get some 3rd string "elite" parents riled up with that comment. There's some truth to what you're saying, but there's also huge value in working out with a team 3x per week during the spring, against athletes who are better than you (the 1st string kids on the same elite team). If the kid is just seeing mop up time in HoCo games that's not ideal.

My biggest concerns about playing a kid down to AA or A level where he's the "all star" are that he never sees great competition, there are likely fewer and lower intensity workouts, and the coaching is probably less toxic but also less likely to cause athletes to step up their game. For every clueless "elite" parent who thinks their benchwarmer kid is elite-adjacent, there's another clueless parent who is excited because their kid was the top scorer in the B bracket of an Aloha tournament.
If you are player No. 21-26 on the roster you are probably getting a few minutes a game or no playing time and in practice are watching 6 v 6.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The playing time for middle schoolers comment is interesting....and this is a little off subject but I'm going to rant anyway.

We have been a long time ML family and you are starting to see -- and did see after the summer season -- long time players/families just pick up and leave and go to weaker teams over PT. The mentality of club-for-life is changing, and with our team specifically, daddy ball moves lost us the two kids and one of them was 1) better than the coach's kid; and 2) been at ML since they were just doing clinics (not to mention an older brother who was an ML lifer, plays in college AND asst coaches the 28team in the summer). I mean if you lose a kid/family like that, you got major problems with your decision making as a coach. Should be a warning to all the other club owners out there.....there's a lot of competition out there and these kids want time on the field. If they have been loyal to you, you should be loyal to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The playing time for middle schoolers comment is interesting....and this is a little off subject but I'm going to rant anyway.

We have been a long time ML family and you are starting to see -- and did see after the summer season -- long time players/families just pick up and leave and go to weaker teams over PT. The mentality of club-for-life is changing, and with our team specifically, daddy ball moves lost us the two kids and one of them was 1) better than the coach's kid; and 2) been at ML since they were just doing clinics (not to mention an older brother who was an ML lifer, plays in college AND asst coaches the 28team in the summer). I mean if you lose a kid/family like that, you got major problems with your decision making as a coach. Should be a warning to all the other club owners out there.....there's a lot of competition out there and these kids want time on the field. If they have been loyal to you, you should be loyal to them.

I mean, sure, but that's not realistic. You can break bread with a coach, have him in your home even, have your son (and checkbook) demonstrate all kinds of "loyalty" and that coach will cut your son without even letting you know, when a double holdback from California becomes available at the same position. "Ask me how I know."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s silly.

If you are player No. 21-26 on the roster you are probably getting a few minutes a game or no playing time and in practice are watching 6 v 6.

I wish I could say that you are wrong. If practices are "well run" at this age, you have 3 coaches running the drills, including 6es, and everybody is working out. If you're not playing the 6es game (and aren't realistically going to be subbed in), there should be another practice station. A practice field where guys are standing around (not even in line for a drill) is bush league and it's shameful that coaches get paid for it. Laaaaaaaaaaazy and far from "elite."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall tournaments looking lackluster so far.

Yawn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax coach costs those kids game after game after game with his hysteria, complete lack of composure, and over-reliance on a couple of players. My kid is friendly with a bunch of those kids, they’re growing tired of it. And they’re a REALLY good team, prob one of the top 2-3 in the nation. Their coach just can’t get out of their way.

You can say it. Their head coach is Cabell Maddox, the owner of the team and father of one of the players.

What happened with the ML24's will happen with the 28's. All those college commits get a NL stamp on them. Ouch.

Can you shed some light on what happened with the madlax 24s and when? And why you think the same thing will happen with 28s?
I don’t know much… but the Madlax 2024 team was #1 in the nation thru 8th grade. Won everything. Then the best 5-6 players left for NL for various reasons, but one reason was because the coach played his two kids in front of 2 of those better players and they hit the bricks…perhaps there’s a better explanation, but that’s what I’ve heard from NL folks

I'm not a Madlax parent, but making a bold proclamation about a team and then admitting that you don't actually know what's happening and only heard some things from some other people is peak BOTC 2028.

So true! I am no fan of Madlax either, but who starts off a post saying "I don't know much" about the topic and then proceeds to spread gossip opinions and other forms of nonsense. But please come back and report when you actually know something!
I DO know and can corroborate the previous poster’s statement as fact. Those kids left due to Daddy Ball 101. 5-6 of them, and they’re now Next Level’s best players, including Duenkel, Whitehurst, Horning, Walker, etc.

Madlax has daddy ball going on with its 2024, 2027, 2028, and 2029 teams. All have lost players because of it, and likely will lose more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon has (in the past at least) successfully bamboozled parents into believing that it's worthwhile for half of these kids to be on the

My biggest concerns about playing a kid down to AA or A level where he's the "all star" are that he never sees great competition, there are likely fewer and lower intensity workouts, and the coaching is probably less toxic but also less likely to cause athletes to step up their game. For every clueless "elite" parent who thinks their benchwarmer kid is elite-adjacent, there's another clueless parent who is excited because their kid was the top scorer in the B bracket of an Aloha tournament.[/quote]
If you are player No. 21-26 on the roster you are probably getting a few minutes a game or no playing time and in practice are watching 6 v 6.[/quote]

I wish I could say that you are wrong. If practices are "well run" at this age, you have 3 coaches running the drills, including 6es, and everybody is working out. If you're not playing the 6es game (and aren't realistically going to be subbed in), there should be another practice station. A practice field where guys are standing around (not even in line for a drill) is bush league and it's shameful that coaches get paid for it. Laaaaaaaaaaazy and far from "elite."[/quote]

Playing time is GOLD. That’s when kids learn to perform under pressure and grow as both players and human beings.

If your kid is 20 through 25 on an Elite team and the coach has a rotation that gets most of the kids in the game and, also, makes an effort to get those boys extra time against weaker team, OK that’s cool. Otherwise, you’re wasting your money and your kids time. There are plenty of good AA, AAA, and AAAA teams that are well coached. In HS, a lot of those players rise up and develop into great players. Kids love competition….even in Rec ball. PLEASE. Just put your kids at the level they belong. Don’t let big egos get in the way of loving this great game. If you’re a club looking to make extra money with kids 28 through 40, shame on you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon has (in the past at least) successfully bamboozled parents into believing that it's worthwhile for half of these kids to be on the

My biggest concerns about playing a kid down to AA or A level where he's the "all star" are that he never sees great competition, there are likely fewer and lower intensity workouts, and the coaching is probably less toxic but also less likely to cause athletes to step up their game. For every clueless "elite" parent who thinks their benchwarmer kid is elite-adjacent, there's another clueless parent who is excited because their kid was the top scorer in the B bracket of an Aloha tournament.[/quote]
If you are player No. 21-26 on the roster you are probably getting a few minutes a game or no playing time and in practice are watching 6 v 6.[/quote]

I wish I could say that you are wrong. If practices are "well run" at this age, you have 3 coaches running the drills, including 6es, and everybody is working out. If you're not playing the 6es game (and aren't realistically going to be subbed in), there should be another practice station. A practice field where guys are standing around (not even in line for a drill) is bush league and it's shameful that coaches get paid for it. Laaaaaaaaaaazy and far from "elite."[/quote]

Playing time is GOLD. That’s when kids learn to perform under pressure and grow as both players and human beings.

If your kid is 20 through 25 on an Elite team and the coach has a rotation that gets most of the kids in the game and, also, makes an effort to get those boys extra time against weaker team, OK that’s cool. Otherwise, you’re wasting your money and your kids time. There are plenty of good AA, AAA, and AAAA teams that are well coached. In HS, a lot of those players rise up and develop into great players. Kids love competition….even in Rec ball. PLEASE. Just put your kids at the level they belong. Don’t let big egos get in the way of loving this great game. If you’re a club looking to make extra money with kids 28 through 40, shame on you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA the new sheriff in town. Doubt they'll ever lose to Hawks or Madlax ever again. Beat down today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s silly.

Parents, if you kid cant get playing time on an wlite team......ONE ASWER >>>>Please READ

HOLD HIM BACK !!!!!

You will thank me later

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pump the brakes on FCA, MadLax just isn’t good. They will continue to lose players as people realize the coach and parents are toxic. Started #1, then passed by hawks, then Next Level, now FCA. That’s a trend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA the new sheriff in town. Doubt they'll ever lose to Hawks or Madlax ever again. Beat down today.

FCA beat us fair and square BUT a let the holdback talk begin. They had two reclassed 2027s head and shoulders above everyone else. It's still baffling to me that a parent would want their kid playing against kids a foot shorter than them. I'd be embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pump the brakes on FCA, MadLax just isn’t good. They will continue to lose players as people realize the coach and parents are toxic. Started #1, then passed by hawks, then Next Level, now FCA. That’s a trend.
Crabs will also pass them and other lower elite teams and even AAAA teams would give Madlax a game or beat them. FCA is also much better due to the holdbacks they have gained.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the score? Tourney Machine isn’t showing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what was the FCA/ML score? Wasn't loaded into tourney machine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No idea about the score but it’s amazing that MadLax of all teams would complain about holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what was the FCA/ML score? Wasn't loaded into tourney machine.

11 to 4. Interesting that the tourney machine wasn’t updated at a ML event. Coincidence?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA beat us fair and square BUT a let the holdback talk begin. They had two reclassed 2027s head and shoulders above everyone else. It's still baffling to me that a parent would want their kid playing against kids a foot shorter than them. I'd be embarrassed.[/quote]

But you're not embarrassed as a MadLax parent with a slew of large reclassed kids and a coach who is laughing at how gullible you all are for giving him check after check (or money order or credit card or whatevs - prolly takes crypto too). I wish I had your utter lack of self-awareness - it must be liberating. The parents on their DMV teams are the only ones in that entire organization who shouldn't be embarrassed since they clearly play on age (and routinely get shellacked in part b/c of that).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA beat us fair and square BUT a let the holdback talk begin. They had two reclassed 2027s head and shoulders above everyone else. It's still baffling to me that a parent would want their kid playing against kids a foot shorter than them. I'd be embarrassed.

Madlax parents complaining about reclasses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs will also pass them and other lower elite teams and even AAAA teams would give Madlax a game or beat them. FCA is also much better due to the holdbacks they have gained.

Madlax will still wax crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only an issue if they updated other finals. I don’t care enough to look.

MadLax and holdbacks. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess Madlax didn’t have their out of state kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have added some reclassed 27s also. Team will make noise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax parent. We were missing a few players. No excuses whatsoever. Close game at first that got away in the second half.

Congrats and look forward to the rematch.

For what it’s worth from my vantage point, the reclass conversation is a non starter. The landscape is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you're not embarrassed as a MadLax parent with a slew of large reclassed kids and a coach who is laughing at how gullible you all are for giving him check after check (or money order or credit card or whatevs - prolly takes crypto too). I wish I had your utter lack of self-awareness - it must be liberating. The parents on their DMV teams are the only ones in that entire organization who shouldn't be embarrassed since they clearly play on age (and routinely get shellacked in part b/c of that).[/quote]

This is always the toxic leadership conundrum. "Enough" people will follow you as long as you are a winner. When you become a lost, the floor just drops out from under you. I have seen it in the corporate world over and over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax parent. We were missing a few players. No excuses whatsoever. Close game at first that got away in the second half.

Congrats and look forward to the rematch.

For what it’s worth from my vantage point, the reclass conversation is a non starter. The landscape is what it is.

11-4. "Got away". Okkkkkkk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delusional. Madlax owned FCA in the first half without their best player. Goalie broke his hand at the end of 2nd quarter, couldn’t hold the stick second half.
FCA vastly improved with their holdbacks. Brought down the best player from FCA 2027, and that is from the lips of their own parents. Bottom line, they are very good now.
But to say Madlax is not an Elite level team is just pure troll bait. And I’m taking the bait!!
Congrats to FCA, they’ve assembled a great team since last spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you're not embarrassed as a MadLax parent with a slew of large reclassed kids and a coach who is laughing at how gullible you all are for giving him check after check (or money order or credit card or whatevs - prolly takes crypto too). I wish I had your utter lack of self-awareness - it must be liberating. The parents on their DMV teams are the only ones in that entire organization who shouldn't be embarrassed since they clearly play on age (and routinely get shellacked in part b/c of that).

This is always the toxic leadership conundrum. "Enough" people will follow you as long as you are a winner. When you become a lost, the floor just drops out from under you. I have seen it in the corporate world over and over.[/quote]
Guessing that floor hit you in the head

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax parents complaining about reclasses?

Final score was 9-4.
Pretty sure these FCA posts are from the dad at the mid line trying to catch the 3 min his kid plays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is always the toxic leadership conundrum. "Enough" people will follow you as long as you are a winner. When you become a lost, the floor just drops out from under you. I have seen it in the corporate world over and over.
Guessing that floor hit you in the head[/quote]
Haaaa. It has literally taken FCA 5 years to beat Madlax— and a bunch of 2027’s to do it. Congrats. Clearly you didn’t know how to dance in the end zone without your 2027’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax melting down in October.

Good times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only an issue if they updated other finals. I don’t care enough to look.

MadLax and holdbacks. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Let’s get some facts straight. Madlax has ONE reclass on their team #47. There is NOT ANOTHER kid on Madlax 2027 who has EVER played on a 2027 team. Period. So you want to cal them a team of holdbacks, keep going if it makes you feel better.

One. Not 2, 3, 10. One kid who has ever been a grade older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How good is 91 south?

Like Reply Quote
A