Millon has (in the past at least) successfully bamboozled parents into believing that it's worthwhile for half of these kids to be on the

My biggest concerns about playing a kid down to AA or A level where he's the "all star" are that he never sees great competition, there are likely fewer and lower intensity workouts, and the coaching is probably less toxic but also less likely to cause athletes to step up their game. For every clueless "elite" parent who thinks their benchwarmer kid is elite-adjacent, there's another clueless parent who is excited because their kid was the top scorer in the B bracket of an Aloha tournament.[/quote]
If you are player No. 21-26 on the roster you are probably getting a few minutes a game or no playing time and in practice are watching 6 v 6.[/quote]

I wish I could say that you are wrong. If practices are "well run" at this age, you have 3 coaches running the drills, including 6es, and everybody is working out. If you're not playing the 6es game (and aren't realistically going to be subbed in), there should be another practice station. A practice field where guys are standing around (not even in line for a drill) is bush league and it's shameful that coaches get paid for it. Laaaaaaaaaaazy and far from "elite."[/quote]

Playing time is GOLD. That’s when kids learn to perform under pressure and grow as both players and human beings.

If your kid is 20 through 25 on an Elite team and the coach has a rotation that gets most of the kids in the game and, also, makes an effort to get those boys extra time against weaker team, OK that’s cool. Otherwise, you’re wasting your money and your kids time. There are plenty of good AA, AAA, and AAAA teams that are well coached. In HS, a lot of those players rise up and develop into great players. Kids love competition….even in Rec ball. PLEASE. Just put your kids at the level they belong. Don’t let big egos get in the way of loving this great game. If you’re a club looking to make extra money with kids 28 through 40, shame on you!