BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,070
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys' U15 National Championship Tournament - July 26th-28th, 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hope for his sake this is not the kid or his family
mouthing off like this. Will not be well received if
it is. In for a rude awakening. That god he lives
in manhasset cause other towns wouldn't go
for that.

It's not just one attackman. Every kid on the Turtles will shake up the varsity of their respective schools next year. Will be lots of parents and upperclassmen not happy everywhere on the Island.

Wow, you don't know LI Lax very well. Turtles are too small, will have big problems on Varsity, a couple standouts may make it, the rest........rip. Many of the standout LI players have never even played for a "club team" . Over trained and undersized does not always lead to success!

The Turtles are very good collectively but it remains to be seen how they will fare with their respective varsity teams. I'm sure some will do well but we'll have to wait and see. Only one Turtle made the U-15 All-Tournament team. Not exactly "shaking it up" There's a lot of indiviual talent out there, they just don't all play for the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA (MD) and Dukes HHH (PA) are both 2017.

You have to remember that different parts of the country have different cut off dates to start school. In most parts of the country, 2017 teams are U-15 where in NY, many of the 2016 kids are still u-15 eligible.

Some Turtles are 15 now so that places them correctly in this tournament, not really playing "up"

Incorrect info. The whole turtle team will qualify for this tournament next year, I would call that playing up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The Turtles are very good collectively but it remains to be seen how they will fare with their respective varsity teams. I'm sure some will do well but we'll have to wait and see. Only one Turtle made the U-15 All-Tournament team. Not exactly "shaking it up" There's a lot of indiviual talent out there, they just don't all play for the Turtles.
The U/15 All-Tournament team is almost always drawn exclusively from the final four teams. (Do some research on the boys and girls sides for the last three years.) For a non-semifinal team to have representation on the All-Tournament team implies that there was an incredible impression made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to remember that different parts of the country have different cut off dates to start school. In most parts of the country, 2017 teams are U-15 where in NY, many of the 2016 kids are still u-15 eligible.

Some Turtles are 15 now so that places them correctly in this tournament, not really playing "up"

Incorrect info. The whole turtle team will qualify for this tournament next year, I would call that playing up.

How is that when some of the player are 15 right now, and have been for a while?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a matter of time before the Turtle team self-implodes. After years of being physically more mature than their peers, they are finding success a lot harder to come by. I'm sure they thought they would crush everyone at the Crabs' Young Guns tournament.

OOPS! These kids have been adversely affected by the self-entitlement heaped upon them by their handlers.

Sorry pal. Wishful thinking on your part, Turtles only getting stronger. Although I'm sure you and your son would gladly accept an invitation to join this imploding team. Enjoy the view from below.

How do you explain their performance at the Crabs' Young Guns tournament?

LOL - the lacrosse world is laughing at you guys. Maybe giving a branded website, branded gear, etc. to KIDS wasn't such a hot idea.

I'll tell you who's not laughing at them. All the college coaches that have seen the play.

Turtles will dominate this tournament next year. This year was just a very sucessful tryout.

Will be looking out for Turtles kids at Blue Chip and Showtime next year, We'll see who stands out then. My bet is that not many make "ones who shined" list when they actually have to play with the best in the country. Time will tell

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is that when some of the player are 15 right now, and have been for a while?

The cutoff will be Sept 1 1998 next year. If a kid is 15 now he wont qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like excuses coming out again...... If PA and MD use their math for 2017 (mid-late 1998) birthdays, then wouldn't the 2016 from the rest of the country be the same age? So I don't see how the MD and PA teams are playing down if LI 2016 are 1998 and MD/PA 2017 are 1998.

Exactly!!! Of course it comes down again to parents holding kids back for athletic advantage. NO EXCUSES !! Win or go home!!

Wrong. For nearly every Mid Atlantic team, their U15 teams are filled with kids who only have 1999 birthdays. Get a life and stop whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D should start a Long Island chapter. Would be a gold mine for them.
\\

I agree it would be a good business idea, however if I'm not mistaken fl$ and 3D are strategic partners, so I doubt fl$ would allow it. Id be first on line for that tryout, but unfortunately that aint happening anytime soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My understanding is that if any boy has already turned 15 by the time this tournament started this year, he will definitely not be able to play next year when he is 16. I've read on this board that all birth certificates are checked but I'm sure some conspiracy theorists will suggest that since the tournament is sponsored by Lacrosse Unlimited, which is also undeniably tied closely to the Turtles, that there might be some monkey business attempted with letting some Turtle players play that are too old next year. Just sayin'. I hope no kids on any of the teams this year were snuck into the lineup inappropriately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't understand that either. If it is a 2017 team, all (or most) kids should have been born on 12/1/98 or later which would make them all eligible to pay net year in Denver. Even any hold backs for "late" birthdays should be fine since next year's cutoff is 9/1/98.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't interesting that these vaunted teams from PA, MD, and North Jersey didn't make into the finals. Yet, in tournaments over the summer they were beating LI teams. One would have concluded that a PA, MD, or NJ team would have just blown the doors off this thing... What's different about this tournament?
What could it be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FCA (MD) and Dukes HHH (PA) are both 2017.

I don't understand that either. If it is a 2017 team, all (or most) kids should have been born on 12/1/98 or later which would make them all eligible to pay net year in Denver. Even any hold backs for "late" birthdays should be fine since next year's cutoff is 9/1/98. [/quote

Well Turtle or not. If you are 15 now you won't quailfy to play next year because you will be 16 in a u15 tournament. The fact is there are Turtles that are and have been 15 for a while. They should not play next year. End of discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FCA (MD) and Dukes HHH (PA) are both 2017.

I don't understand that either. If it is a 2017 team, all (or most) kids should have been born on 12/1/98 or later which would make them all eligible to pay net year in Denver. Even any hold backs for "late" birthdays should be fine since next year's cutoff is 9/1/98. [/quote

Well Turtle or not. If you are 15 now you won't quailfy to play next year because you will be 16 in a u15 tournament. The fact is there are Turtles that are and have been 15 for a while. They should not play next year. End of discussion.

There are no turtles that are 15. You can say it all you want, they will all qualify next year again, they even have a few boys that qualify for u-13 on team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a matter of time before the Turtle team self-implodes. After years of being physically more mature than their peers, they are finding success a lot harder to come by. I'm sure they thought they would crush everyone at the Crabs' Young Guns tournament.

OOPS! These kids have been adversely affected by the self-entitlement heaped upon them by their handlers.

Sorry pal. Wishful thinking on your part, Turtles only getting stronger. Although I'm sure you and your son would gladly accept an invitation to join this imploding team. Enjoy the view from below.

LOL - the lacrosse world is laughing at you guys. Maybe giving a branded website, branded gear, etc. to KIDS wasn't such a hot idea.

I'll tell you who's not laughing at them. All the college coaches that have seen the play.

Turtles will dominate this tournament next year. This year was just a very sucessful tryout.
Dominate next year? That may be, but a successful tryout? Not so sure. I bought into all the hype of the Turtles. Chosen ones, shocking he world, they have been together for so long and dedicated so much time this was supposed to be their year, not a successful tryout. The best they can hope for now is to win this thing in their own age group? That doesn't sound like "chosen ones" or "shocking the world" status. The amount of time this team has been together and the amount of practices they have had over the years this has got to be a terribly disappointing result. Judging by the commentary from the parents of this group it sounds like lots of changes are coming because there is no way they can afford to lose this thing in their own age group now. Should be interesting how this plays out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dominate next year? That may be, but a successful tryout? Not so sure. I bought into all the hype of the Turtles. Chosen ones, shocking he world, they have been together for so long and dedicated so much time this was supposed to be their year, not a successful tryout. The best they can hope for now is to win this thing in their own age group? That doesn't sound like "chosen ones" or "shocking the world" status. The amount of time this team has been together and the amount of practices they have had over the years this has got to be a terribly disappointing result. Judging by the commentary from the parents of this group it sounds like lots of changes are coming because there is no way they can afford to lose this thing in their own age group now. Should be interesting how this plays out

The Turtles better hope the Dukes don't come back next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be pretty sad if the turtles are keeping a team together for a national championship.. News flash the Crabs, the dukes and so on are going to get bigger older grade based kids and concentrate on the 2014 season. In the end by the time they get to this tournament lets seee how they do. FCA and the dukes were also called 2017 teams and the turtles lost to fca on saturday and dukes at crabfeast. Turtles run of being the best is over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's true and the whole Turtle team can come back, then you'd be silly to say they are not the favorites to win it next year. Since the Turtles are an Express team like all of the others (Cudas etc.) do they take kids from the Express tryouts or are the Turtle tryouts seperate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's true and the whole Turtle team can come back, then you'd be silly to say they are not the favorites to win it next year. Since the Turtles are an Express team like all of the others (Cudas etc.) do they take kids from the Express tryouts or are the Turtle tryouts seperate?

No tryouts for the turtles. JD invites the players onto the team. Some have come from the LIE orange team which was the A team in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our son plays for 3d and I still don't understand the pecking order or how the various Express teams are put together. As far as this tournament is concerned, I am not a huge fan of it, despite that we came away with the "national championship." IMO the Crab's tournaments still bring together the best collection of youth teams, but even that one had a few teams which probably shouldn't have been there.

I would prefer to see it as event that does not allow anyone who has participated in a high school program to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like excuses coming out again...... If PA and MD use their math for 2017 (mid-late 1998) birthdays, then wouldn't the 2016 from the rest of the country be the same age? So I don't see how the MD and PA teams are playing down if LI 2016 are 1998 and MD/PA 2017 are 1998.

Exactly!!! Of course it comes down again to parents holding kids back for athletic advantage. NO EXCUSES !! Win or go home!!

Wrong. For nearly every Mid Atlantic team, their U15 teams are filled with kids who only have 1999 birthdays. Get a life and stop whining.

Crabs may be the exception...Breakers, FCA and Greene Turtle all had rising 8th grade or 1 yr old boys on their respective teams...this arguement is old and you do sound a bit whiney...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was wondering if any Turtles attended Nike rising freshman Blue Chip this summer. They are usually well represented at those type of select invitationals. Don't remember seeing any of them mentioned as standouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the 2013 Tournament, players must be born on or after 9/1/1997.

For next year's event, players will need to be born after 9/1/1998.

That's it - everything is validated via birth certificates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were quite a few WCS players on FCA and one on 3d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat Jesters 15 to 3,

Good ride for the Cudas but Turtles might have given 3D a better game. Last year's Express Orange proven better than current vintage of all Express teams at U15 tourney.

On what basis? Ask the FCA team if they would rather play the Cudas or the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mostly average teams? I'll let you in on a little secret. In Colorado, this past year's freshman class is the 1st in the stat's history to have had the opportunity to play since the 1st grade. I pretty familiar with the teams from back east. My son played for the 3d team this past weekend and played for the WCS NSCLA Team which won the Crabfeast YG's in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. You're seeing the inevitable evening out of talent. You're seeing more western teams that have had more time playing together. I'll tell you that it's a thrill for our kids to go out east and play such good teams. If I were you, I'd start embracing some of these western teams as your peers and stop making age-based excuses when an eastern team doesn't win. Trust me when I tell you that it is a rarity for a kid to be held back in CO. I've never seen it done to get an advantage in lacrosse. I think parent get a really good idea about where their kid stacks up when they have to play other kids their same age. Nobody feels sorry for the kid who was held back and in turn must play against kids who have a year of HS under their belt....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for 3d but we know a lot of kids on FCA. Fact is that FCA's best faceoff-midfielder was hurt prior to the cuda game. Sounds like FCA dodn't win one faceoff- I'ts have been different.hard to say how it may

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I'm not familiar with those teamsfilling their rosters with 8th graders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mostly average teams? I'll let you in on a little secret. In Colorado, this past year's freshman class is the 1st in the stat's history to have had the opportunity to play since the 1st grade. I pretty familiar with the teams from back east. My son played for the 3d team this past weekend and played for the WCS NSCLA Team which won the Crabfeast YG's in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. You're seeing the inevitable evening out of talent. You're seeing more western teams that have had more time playing together. I'll tell you that it's a thrill for our kids to go out east and play such good teams. If I were you, I'd start embracing some of these western teams as your peers and stop making age-based excuses when an eastern team doesn't win. Trust me when I tell you that it is a rarity for a kid to be held back in CO. I've never seen it done to get an advantage in lacrosse. I think parent get a really good idea about where their kid stacks up when they have to play other kids their same age. Nobody feels sorry for the kid who was held back and in turn must play against kids who have a year of HS under their belt....

True dat!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jesters didn't show up to play. if they did it would have been closer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Cudas would never have won without winnin more faceoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well my guess is that testosterone had something to do with it..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for 3d but we know a lot of kids on FCA. Fact is that FCA's best faceoff-midfielder was hurt prior to the cuda game. Sounds like FCA dodn't win one faceoff- I'ts have been different.hard to say how it may

Yes that's true gave turtles a huge advantage and they still couldn't win. Even with possession. If FCC had a better F/O They could have took the whole thing. Congrats to 3D for the championship, class act just like FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's ridiculous is that holding kids back and repeating grades seems to be accepted in these self-proclaimed "hot beds". It's ridiculous that kids from other areas have to come in and play against kids a year older in some tournaments. That's the joke. The grade they're in is irrelevant- but a year's maturity at this age is huge. You all know it or you wouldn't hold you kids back. This isn't a parent who's bitter about getting blown out. My son played on the 3d team this last weekend in FL , the 3d team who recently won fl$, the WCS team that won the Crabfeast in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. I'm just so sick of reading these posts where some of the parents put down and try to devalue what kids on other teams have accomplished. Most of the parents I've met from back east have been great but there is a group who puts too much stock in their kids lacrosse career. I'm not sure what values you instill in kids by having them repeat a grade so they can can have the leg up on younger opponents. The window of time that these kids have to play lacrosse is so small. Athletics is a great way to teach young people about character and discipline, how to win and lose with grace. Some of you out there need to reread your posts and ask yourself how you'd feel if you son read what you had to say...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You paid $3,000 dollars not to show up. Really you lose to 8th graders. That hurts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True dat!

If I'm not mistaken, the school age cutoff for Colorado is Sept 30th compared to NY which is Dec 1st. I can totally understand why NY kids may start school a yr late or repeat a grade. Why should they be a whole year younger then their Colorado peers, or any other state for that matter that has an earlier school age cutoff? Congrats to your son and his team, you sound very proud of him and them! Just wondering how many of them were born after Sept 1, 1998?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's ridiculous is that holding kids back and repeating grades seems to be accepted in these self-proclaimed "hot beds". It's ridiculous that kids from other areas have to come in and play against kids a year older in some tournaments. That's the joke. The grade they're in is irrelevant- but a year's maturity at this age is huge. You all know it or you wouldn't hold you kids back. This isn't a parent who's bitter about getting blown out. My son played on the 3d team this last weekend in FL , the 3d team who recently won fl$, the WCS team that won the Crabfeast in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. I'm just so sick of reading these posts where some of the parents put down and try to devalue what kids on other teams have accomplished. Most of the parents I've met from back east have been great but there is a group who puts too much stock in their kids lacrosse career. I'm not sure what values you instill in kids by having them repeat a grade so they can can have the leg up on younger opponents. The window of time that these kids have to play lacrosse is so small. Athletics is a great way to teach young people about character and discipline, how to win and lose with grace. Some of you out there need to reread your posts and ask yourself how you'd feel if you son read what you had to say...

Best post I've read in awhile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said...Long Island parents, here's a novel idea,
stay on LI and play with yourselves. Then we can
move past this BS about age. "Whaaa, my little
Vinny Boombots shouldn't have to compete, it's unfair.
He'll never get a scholarship". News flash, he
wouldn't anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Cudas would never have won without winnin more faceoffs

Or if they had scored less goals than their opponent. What are you trying to say?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jesters didn't show up to play. if they did it would have been closer

And if they had more talent it would have been closer too.
What is your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The founder of 3d is one of the biggest proponent of holding kids back. He routinely gives recruiting seminars focusing almost completely on this topic. Furthermore his own son who is now a 2017 wasn't age eligible to play on your 3d team this year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard