@BackOfTheCAGE
The 2013 US Lacrosse Boys' U15 National Championship will take place from Friday, July 26th through Sunday, July 28th with mandatory coaches meetings on Thursday, July 24th.

Thursday, July 25
7 p.m. – 8 p.m. Mandatory Coaches Meeting
8 p.m. – 9 p.m. Registration (Coaches Only)

Friday, July 26
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Boys’ Pool Play

Saturday, July 27
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Boys’ Bracket Play

Sunday, July 28
8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Semifinals, Championship and Consolation Games
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Awards Ceremony for US Lacrosse National Champion, Silver and Bronze Medalists
The following teams and regions have received automatic or at-large bids for the 2013 tournament. Up to as many as 32 boys teams will potentially receive and accept an invitation into the 2013 field.

3d Select (Colo.): at-large
C2C Black (Texas): at-large
Carolina (N.C.): at-large
Colorado: at-large
Dukes HHH (Pa.): at-large
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (Md.): automatic - 2012 U15 National Championship runner-up
Florida: automatic - 2012 U15 National Championship third place
Florida Storm: at-large
Florida Swashbucklers: at-large
For the Love of the Game (N.Y.): at-large
Long Island Express (N.Y.): automatic - 2012 U15 National Champion
Long Island Jesters (N.Y.): at-large
Maverick Select (N.J.): at-large
NESLL (N.H.): at-large
Tenacious Turtles (N.Y.): at-large
Utah: at-large
2012 Playoff Results

Quarterfinals
Norcal Talon (Calif.) 5, Blue Devil Elite (Fla.) 3
Florida 10, NESLL (Mass.) 2
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (Md.) 17, Looney’s (Md.) 3
Long Island Express (N.Y.) 9, For the Love of the Game (N.Y.) 6

Semifinals
FCA (Md.) 16, Florida 6
Long Island Express (N.Y.) 8, Norcal Talon (Calif.) 2

Championship Game
Long Island Express (N.Y.) 7, FCA (Md.) 4

Third-Place Game
Florida 9, Norcal Talon (Calif.) 8
Group Play Match Schedule - Friday, July 26th

July 26 - 8 a.m.

Field 18: Long Island Express Piranhas vs. Florida Carolina
Field 19: Dukes HHH vs. Utah
Field 25: Brady's Bunch vs. Florida Swashbucklers
Field 26: Long Island Express Turtles vs. C2C Black
Field 27: For the Love of the Game vs. Triad Elite
Field 28: Maverick Select vs. 3d Select

July 26 - 9 a.m.

Field 18: Long Island Jesters vs. Storm
Field 19: Colorado 14ers vs. Next Level
Field 25: Green Machine vs. NESLL
Field 26: FCA vs. Winston-Salem
Field 27: New Jersey North East vs. Florida Navy
Field 28: Long Island Express Barracudas vs. Colorado

July 26 - 10 a.m.

Field 18: Utah vs. Long Island Express Piranhas
Field 19: Florida Carolina vs. Dukes HHH
Field 25: C2C Black vs. Brady's Bunch
Field 26: Florida Swashbucklers vs. Long Island Express Turtles
Field 27: 3d Select vs. For the Love of the Game
Field 28: Triad Elite vs. Maverick Select

July 26 - 11 a.m.

Field 18: Next Level vs. Long Island Jesters
Field 19: Storm vs. Colorado 14ers
Field 25: Winston-Salem vs. Green Machine
Field 26: NESLL vs. FCA
Field 27: Colorado vs. New Jersey North East
Field 28: Florida Navy vs. Long Island Express Barracudas

July 26 - Noon

Field 18: Long Island Express Piranhas vs. Dukes HHH
Field 19: Florida Carolina vs. Utah
Field 25: Brady's Bunch vs. Long Island Express Turtles
Field 26: Florida Swashbucklers vs. C2C Black
Field 27: For the Love of the Game vs. Maverick Select
Field 28: Triad Elite vs. 3d Select

July 26 - 1 p.m.

Field 18: Long Island Jesters vs. Colorado 14ers
Field 19: Storm vs. Next Level
Field 25: Green Machine vs. FCA
Field 26: NESLL vs. Winston-Salem
Field 27: New Jersey North East vs. Long Island Express Barracudas
Field 28: Florida Navy

July 27

8 a.m.: Games Begin

July 28

8 a.m.: Games Begin
2 p.m. : Awards Ceremony
2013 U15 National Championship - Participating Teams

3d Select (Colo.)
Brady's Bunch (Calif.)
C2C Black (Texas)
Colorado
Colorado 14ers
Dukes HHH (Pa.)
FCA (Md.)
Florida Carolina
Florida Navy
Florida Swashbucklers
For the Love of the Game (N.Y.)
Green Machine (Ind.)
LI Express Barracudas (N.Y.)
LI Express Piranhas (N.Y.)
LI Express Turtles (N.Y.)
Long Island Jesters (N.Y.)
Maverick Select (N.J.)
NESLL (Mass./N.H.)
New Jersey North East
Next Level (R.I.)
Storm (Fla.)
Triad Elite (N.C.)
Utah
Winston-Salem (N.C.)
Originally Posted by CageSage
2013 U15 National Championship - Participating Teams

3d Select (Colo.)
Brady's Bunch (Calif.)
C2C Black (Texas)
Colorado
Colorado 14ers
Dukes HHH (Pa.)
FCA (Md.)
Florida Carolina
Florida Navy
Florida Swashbucklers
For the Love of the Game (N.Y.)
Green Machine (Ind.)
LI Express Barracudas (N.Y.)
LI Express Piranhas (N.Y.)
LI Express Turtles (N.Y.)
Long Island Jesters (N.Y.)
Maverick Select (N.J.)
NESLL (Mass./N.H.)
New Jersey North East
Next Level (R.I.)
Storm (Fla.)
Triad Elite (N.C.)
Utah
Winston-Salem (N.C.)

Does anyone know if the Turtles are the only 2017 in this tourney? Most of the teams are 2016
FCA (MD) and Dukes HHH (PA) are both 2017.
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You have to remember that different parts of the country have different cut off dates to start school. In most parts of the country, 2017 teams are U-15 where in NY, many of the 2016 kids are still u-15 eligible.

Yeah that's 2017 via MD and PA math. No 2016 in those programs would qualify with birth certificate rule. Why wouldn't they be there? Uhhh, cause they're too OLD!!!
Once again no Crabs - does anybody know why? Surely that program could put together a fantastic group of kids that meet the age cutoff. Also, surprised that there is only one California team - where are the West Coast Starz? They represented themselves admirably in this tournament the past few years. My pick to win it all - New Jersey North.
I don't know if crabs would really compete agewise. Some good players

Yeah that's 2017 via MD and PA math. No 2016 in those programs would qualify with birth certificate rule. Why wouldn't they be there? Uhhh, cause they're too OLD!!!
NJ Northeast all 2017 (rising freshmen)

Your rising sophomores would be too OLD. Otherwise they would be playing... that darn birth certificate rule keeps getting in the way. Why can't it be like all the tournaments where we play down???
Sounds like excuses coming out again...... If PA and MD use their math for 2017 (mid-late 1998) birthdays, then wouldn't the 2016 from the rest of the country be the same age? So I don't see how the MD and PA teams are playing down if LI 2016 are 1998 and MD/PA 2017 are 1998.
Sounds like excuses coming out again...... If PA and MD use their math for 2017 (mid-late 1998) birthdays, then wouldn't the 2016 from the rest of the country be the same age? So I don't see how the MD and PA teams are playing down if LI 2016 are 1998 and MD/PA 2017 are 1998.

School cut off dates are different throughout the country. LI is generally 12/ 1 - child must turn 5 by 12/1 of year starting kindergarten. PA is 9/1 - child must turn 5 by 9/1 of year beginning kindergarten. I'm not sure what cut off date is generally used in MD.

Hello anybody home? You just proved my point. In this tournament you have to provide a birth certificate. That's why your 2016 are not eligible and ours are. So between your hold backs, grade repeaters and later cutoff you have to send 2017's. If it was a regular tournament with no proof of age all those ineligible OLDER kids would playing DOWN against younger kids. That's why everything needs to go age specific with birth certificate proof.
US Lacrosse needs to establish two standards for all their tournaments BOTH age and grade.

The U-15 National Championship is intended to be Rising Freshmen, but US Lacrosse is ambiguous.

The reason they use U-15 instead of U-14 is so that the 10-15% of rising freshmen who are not U-14 eligible do not have to sit on the sidelines for a year watching their classmates play.

Unfortunately, the U-15s who already completed Freshman year (rising sophmores) are aslo playing. They are at a distinct advantage having experience with the speed of the H.S. game. US Lacrosse does itslef a disservice allowing this to occur.
Cage, any idea where this age year/grade year stands with US Lacrosse? Do you know if they are even considering?
US Lacrosse needs to establish two standards for all their tournaments BOTH age and grade.

The U-15 National Championship is intended to be Rising Freshmen, but US Lacrosse is ambiguous.

The reason they use U-15 instead of U-14 is so that the 10-15% of rising freshmen who are not U-14 eligible do not have to sit on the sidelines for a year watching their classmates play.

Unfortunately, the U-15s who already completed Freshman year (rising sophmores) are aslo playing. They are at a distinct advantage having experience with the speed of the H.S. game. US Lacrosse does itslef a disservice allowing this to occur.

Most of the teams that play in this tournament are rising sophomores. When the Jesters won a few years ago it was a team of rising sophomores and the express team last year were rising sophomores.
Cage, any idea where this age year/grade year stands with US Lacrosse? Do you know if they are even considering?
If you are asking what the restrictions are for this tournament as established by US Lacrosse, yes, these restrictions are published here (click here).

Player Ages and Eligibility

All current US Lacrosse members who meet the age requirement below are eligible and welcome to compete in the 2013 US Lacrosse U15 National Championship.

Birthdate Status

Born on or after 9/1/1997 - Eligible for U15 Championship

Proof of Age Submission

All 2013 U15 National Championship participants are required to submit to US Lacrosse a copy of a proof of age document in order to be eligible to participate in this event. Note: If a player participated in 2012, US Lacrosse already has his/her proof of age filed unless stated otherwise.

Acceptable proof of age documents:
•Birth Certificate
•Passport
•School ID (if date of birth is present on ID)
Most of the teams that play in this tournament are rising sophomores. When the Jesters won a few years ago it was a team of rising sophomores and the express team last year were rising sophomores.
As a group, too many of our posters confuse themselves because they start mixing the U-age groups with High School Class Years and then start using quantifiers like "some" and "most".

Age group classifications are an "all" or "none" quantifier which makes your observation worthless and only creates more arguments over teams that are cheating.

BOTC has published the absolute rules on this tournament that will be validated at check-in. Discussing these National Championships in terms of school years, grade levels, or class (freshman, sophomore) shows a lack of understanding.
Born on or after 9/1/1997

That's it. End of discussion.

(How much clearer can it possibly be?)

Thanks cage. Now for all you people who held there kid back, or repeated a grade, it doesn't matter if your kid is 2016, 2017 or 2018 it's his age!!! If we could only get this for every tournament and showcase, it would really get rid of all the nonsense...
The Turtles will be in this tourney again next year.

And will win it AGAIN next year. BTB = #chosenones.

You NY idiots are something else. I don't live in MD, nor does my son play for the Crabs. But we know most of those 2016, and nearly all of them could play U15 in terms of age. Get over yourself.

Your rising sophomores would be too OLD. Otherwise they would be playing... that darn birth certificate rule keeps getting in the way. Why can't it be like all the tournaments where we play down???

Mid-Atlantic teams don't go to this tournament because it's a fraud. Plus it's outrageously expensive to fly down to FL just to play mostly average lacrosse teams.

Need to beat Dukes HHH in your own age group first. Forgot about that loss already? Maybe Dukes are the chosen ones.
There goes the pompous turtle parents again
Chosen ones--give me a break! Lost a few of
The tourneys you been in this yr eh? Everyone's
Catching up to you guys. I guess that's what
Happens when you duck most of the competion.
Chosen ones quickly becoming the forgotten ones.
Like everyone's been saying about you guys:
Good skills, too small. Your lax daddy's will keep
Bragging that your the greatest though.

Hate much??

Hate much??

Joey Sanky too small? Jordan Wolf too small? Yes - chosen to be on the best team in 2017 or 2016. And we're about to prove it.

Mid-Atlantic teams don't go to this tournament because it's a fraud. Plus it's outrageously expensive to fly down to FL just to play mostly average lacrosse teams.

That's a ridiculous statement - like all Mid-Atlantic teams got together in some sort of "State of the Union of Mid-Atlantic youth lacrosse" Congress and held a vote to denounce that a tournament hosted by the sport's governing body should be declared a fraud. Exactly on what basis is this tournament a fraud? Wait, I think I know the answer - this tournament doesn't allow Mid-Atlantic states to play down so it's a fraud. Face it, mid-Atlantic teams just can't compete if not allowed to play down.

Why aren't all lacrosse youth tournaments mandated to follow this age limit? Isn't this supposed to be the sport's governing body?

Hate much??

Joey Sanky too small? Jordan Wolf too small? Yes - chosen to be on the best team in 2017 or 2016. And we're about to prove it.

Unless of course the Turtles meet up with the Express Piranhas in the Championship in which case it will be declared a tie with co-champions.

What about FCA? They are from MD and last I checked that is about as Mid-Atlantic as it gets. Also, I'd consider the 2 or 3 NC teams "mid-Atlantic" according to my map.
I see Chanenchuk is listed as the coach for the baracudas. What happened to Powers? I can't imagine Powers would pass up an opportunity to win this.

Hate much??

Unless of course the Turtles meet up with the Express Piranhas in the Championship in which case it will be declared a tie with co-champions.

You mean Cudas dolt. If you plan to bash someone, get your facts straight first.
Don't worry just show up
Everyone knows this tournament is a joke. Have a fun time in FL wasting your money.

Agreed, turtles are going to roll

Put it this way - the turtles have the kind of talent where they have the best attackman at any level in a stacked town like Manhasset. Come git some. #chosenones
Because Channy wants his Goofy mug in the photo if they win. Therefore he can take credit for their success when it was Powers who saved that team when he took over. They have played their best when Powers was coaching and their worse when Chanenbucks occasionally showed up. Hope for their sake he stays home.

Put it this way - the turtles have the kind of talent where they have the best attackman at any level in a stacked town like Manhasset. Come git some. #chosenones
Yeah, not sure why that kid wasn't playing on Varsity. Fear the turtles!

What happens when a turtle crosses the turnpike. Jersey lax rules!
Everyone knows this tournament is a joke. Have a fun time in FL wasting your money.

And why is this tournament a joke? What exactly is your beef with it? How about not making a statement without backing it up with some sort of sound reasoning! Ive never been to the tourney but everyone says its an awesome experience and its run by the governing body of the sport! So the question is, who is EVERYONE and why do they know the tournament is a joke? Care to explain........

Yeah, not sure why that kid wasn't playing on Varsity. Fear the turtles!

He will be next year and there will be a few sophs, juniors and seniors not happy about it. Step aside!
Boy that turtle lax dad is really hyping his son
up!!! Such a proud turtle team. With that said
you've prob only seen limited amount of attackman
to make that statement. Just stick with he's
very good ok laxdaddy. Thank you
I hope for his sake this is not the kid or his family
mouthing off like this. Will not be well received if
it is. In for a rude awakening. That god he lives
in manhasset cause other towns wouldn't go
for that.

They beat Tri State Blue in JVAA ball at their own tournament?...just a guess.
for that.

Not related - the family would never be promotional. Just a huge fan. Watch this kid play and you'll see why.
for that.

It's not just one attackman. Every kid on the Turtles will shake up the varsity of their respective schools next year. Will be lots of parents and upperclassmen not happy everywhere on the Island.
Dukes are the most talented team.
for that.

It's not just one attackman. Every kid on the Turtles will shake up the varsity of their respective schools next year. Will be lots of parents and upperclassmen not happy everywhere on the Island.

There is more than one attack at Manhasset in 2017 that will play varsity next year - hint: not on the Turtles. Not just attack - a couple of mids and and LSM/D too. This 2017 group at Set will be a big problem for the upper classmen but a great problem for the coach.
Looking at the rosters on the U15 website. The Turtles have made a very bad tactical mistake. They are carrying too few kids for the grind of the tournament in the Florida heat. The Express made this same mistake a few years ago when they lost to fl$ in the semis. By the semis the Express kids (I think they had less than 20 boys) were wiped out and had nothing left in the tank although they gave fl$ all they could handle. fl$ wound up winning the whole thing. So, even if top to bottom turtles have the most talent, they'll likely run out of turtle power before they can be crowned.
Dukes are bringing a ton of middies - will have plenty of fresh legs in the massive heat all game, every game - relentless wave after wave after wave will wear everybody down. Head/Heart/Hustle baby - bringin' it!
for that.

There is more than one attack at Manhasset in 2017 that will play varsity next year - hint: not on the Turtles. Not just attack - a couple of mids and and LSM/D too. This 2017 group at Set will be a big problem for the upper classmen but a great problem for the coach.

Wow, brag on your kid much? I wouldnt pencil your little superstar into varsity just yet, I think Manhasset knows what theyre doing and they have some 10th, 11th and 12th graders that might have something to say about you taking their spots.
for that.

Wow, brag on your kid much? I wouldnt pencil your little superstar into varsity just yet, I think Manhasset knows what theyre doing and they have some 10th, 11th and 12th graders that might have something to say about you taking their spots.

Lets just agree that it will probably be a little more interesting next spring than most seasons - at all positions. And not just at Set. And for all those who think the turtles are too small - if you haven't seen them yet this summer you'll see that they've been eating their Wheaties and you need to start thinking of another put down. Good luck to all.
I would hope the Turtles would win it. There are very few good teams at this tournament. Place it in the Tri-State area or the Mid-Atlantic and you'd get much better sample of teams.

And get rid of the stupid rule of allowing HS players to play in a U15 tournament. What a joke.
I would hope the Turtles would win it. There are very few good teams at this tournament. Place it in the Tri-State area or the Mid-Atlantic and you'd get much better sample of teams.

And get rid of the stupid rule of allowing HS players to play in a U15 tournament. What a joke.

Everyone who enters the tournament knows that it is a U15 tournament, why all the crying?
Why on Earth are the Crabs not in this? They would wipe the floor with every one of these teams. Anybody close to the Crabs program care to offer a reason? And plesae...no need for "their too old" comments. I'm sure they have plenty of great players in their system who are eligible under the age guidelines that they could put together for an awesome team. Thanks.
Why on Earth are the Crabs not in this? They would wipe the floor with every one of these teams. Anybody close to the Crabs program care to offer a reason? And plesae...no need for "their too old" comments. I'm sure they have plenty of great players in their system who are eligible under the age guidelines that they could put together for an awesome team. Thanks.

The Crabs can no doubt put together a competitive team to play in this tournament that meets the age requirements but it wouldn't be the team that plays together in this age group all summer and that is most likely why they don't enter a team.

The Crabs can no doubt put together a competitive team to play in this tournament that meets the age requirements but it wouldn't be the team that plays together in this age group all summer and that is most likely why they don't enter a team.

Still doesn't explain why they don't make the effort when teams from all over the country do so.
Not looking to rock the boat but you are assuming that all things being equal, everything would work out. Here's the deal in the nutshell... IT'S AN AGE THING!!! U15, that's it! No other reason. Don't always assume one states 2016 is almost like anothers 2017. Kids also get held back on purpose. It's all about the age.

Still doesn't explain why they don't make the effort when teams from all over the country do so.

My friend you are not getting it. A similar comment about the Turtles making a fatal mistake by not carrying 29 kids on the roster to combat the FL heat. Both clubs, like many out there, play with the hand they are dealt. You dont add players simply for the win you grow teamates into something special and respected by each other.
There can be many reasons why the Crabs are not going to Fla.
Its 5 months away (which doesn't make sense)teams will change, its a Holiday week so people do have other plans, most will be in HS and may be playing a winter sport, there are expenses to consider around the holiday and so on. The team my son plays on got an invitation this year and to my surprise they had to turn it down because 6 or 7 families couldn't do it. The venue and competition sounds great but the Young Gunz Tourney was just as good if not better because the teams we playing in season. And you know the rosters will be very different in December with coaches trying to stack their team.
There can be many reasons why the Crabs are not going to Fla.
Its 5 months away (which doesn't make sense)teams will change, its a Holiday week so people do have other plans, most will be in HS and may be playing a winter sport, there are expenses to consider around the holiday and so on. The team my son plays on got an invitation this year and to my surprise they had to turn it down because 6 or 7 families couldn't do it. The venue and competition sounds great but the Young Gunz Tourney was just as good if not better because the teams we playing in season. And you know the rosters will be very different in December with coaches trying to stack their team.

The tournament in discussion starts this Friday...
National Championship or simply just a Jamboree? Has anybody been following the girls' side of this? The girls' "tournament" has been a joke so far with 16-0 scores being the norm. Gives legitimate support to a prior poster on this thread calling the boys' side a joke event too. I'm guessing we'll see a bunch of 16-0 scores on the boy's side too. With so many weak teams and great programs missing such as the Crabs, Clams, Laxachusetts, West Coast Starz etc..this feels like a cheap version of much better represented team tournaments such as the Under Armour shootout, Crab Feast etc. I predict this tournament will wither away in the coming years unless something is done about the disparity of talent that's allowed to play as well as the location. To claim this as a "national" tournament is technically acurate (because there are teams from all over) but realistically is a false claim of "championship". The winner should just be crowned the US Lacrosse U15 "Jamboree winner" rather than stake a claim to "Best U15 team in the Nation". I think the Crabs have it right - and I don't even live in Maryland. The only thing this is good for is the marketing for the club that wins the final game.
The reason the Crabs don't play (and most other teams in Maryland) is after a long Spring school season, combined with a tough Spring Club League (NPYLL or MYLA) and then a busy summer club schedule, the are done with lacrosse. Season over, tryouts in 2 weeks..that is the only reason...quite frankly Crabs and other Maryland teams don't have to travel for competition, it is either here in Baltimore or willing to travel to Baltimore.
It is another money maker!!! Not all the best teams down there simply the ones with spare time and money.

National Championship or simply just a Jamboree? Has anybody been following the girls' side of this? The girls' "tournament" has been a joke so far with 16-0 scores being the norm. Gives legitimate support to a prior poster on this thread calling the boys' side a joke event too. I'm guessing we'll see a bunch of 16-0 scores on the boy's side too. With so many weak teams and great programs missing such as the Crabs, Clams, Laxachusetts, West Coast Starz etc..this feels like a cheap version of much better represented team tournaments such as the Under Armour shootout, Crab Feast etc. I predict this tournament will wither away in the coming years unless something is done about the disparity of talent that's allowed to play as well as the location. To claim this as a "national" tournament is technically acurate (because there are teams from all over) but realistically is a false claim of "championship". The winner should just be crowned the US Lacrosse U15 "Jamboree winner" rather than stake a claim to "Best U15 team in the Nation". I think the Crabs have it right - and I don't even live in Maryland. The only thing this is good for is the marketing for the club that wins the final game.
The scores coming in from the girl’s side show what a joke the qualifiers are for this tournament. It will be pretty bad on the boy’s side too. Expect a lot of very lopsided games.

From the boy’s qualifiers, the third and fourth place teams from the Southeast Regional are the only ones coming. Those teams were blown out in the regional playoffs (13-1 and 14-5 for semifinal scores). The second place team was blown out by the first place team 13-0.

Why teams from Long Island are going to Florida to play against such poor competition is mind boggling.
The scores coming in from the girl’s side show what a joke the qualifiers are for this tournament. It will be pretty bad on the boy’s side too. Expect a lot of very lopsided games.

From the boy’s qualifiers, the third and fourth place teams from the Southeast Regional are the only ones coming. Those teams were blown out in the regional playoffs (13-1 and 14-5 for semifinal scores). The second place team was blown out by the first place team 13-0.

Why teams from Long Island are going to Florida to play against such poor competition is mind boggling.

It's all about the marketing juice for a club being able to claim itself as a mytical "national champ". The Express got huge mileage out of it last year and going back to try for some more. That's why they have like 8 teams in it. But, whoever wins "the final game" (I can't bring myself to say "championship") knows that they've been beaten by other teams this summer that are not there and it'll be meaningless except to the uninformed. I put a lot more stock into the select tournaments earlier this summer as the true championship. This one is a hoax.
Curious, which "select tournaments earlier in the summer" are you talking about?
Curious, which "select tournaments earlier in the summer" are you talking about?

Young Guns, Crabfeast would be a good start. Yes, I know associated with the Crabs. But I'm not associated with the Crabs, just thought they brought together the best clubs from all over. Very few if any slackers.
Too bad Piranhas don't play turtles in pool play. Would love to see that and settle who's the best Express club.

Young Guns, Crabfeast would be a good start. Yes, I know associated with the Crabs. But I'm not associated with the Crabs, just thought they brought together the best clubs from all over. Very few if any slackers.

Those are the best tournaments around...2017 will play Brabfeast next year..also look at Greene Turtle Invitational...top talent from Maryland with a few teams outside...a few LI teams would round out a nice talent mix
Group Play Results - Friday, July 26th

July 26 - 8 a.m.

Field 18: Long Island Express Piranhas edge Florida Carolina, 6-5
Field 19: Dukes HHH over Utah, 13-4
Field 25: Florida Swashbucklers edge Brady's Bunch, 9-8
Field 26: Long Island Express Turtles over C2C Black, 12-1
Field 27: For the Love of the Game defeats Triad Elite, 13-3
Field 28: 3d Select defeats Maverick Select, 13-2

Highlights

Piranha's Jacobs scores a left handed game winner with 0:40 left on the clock for the 6-5 win.

Brandon Ruditz scores with 0:10 left to take a 9-8 win for the Florida Swashbucklers.
Jesters 6-4 over Storm in first round U-15 Tounament

July 26 - 9 a.m.

Field 18: Long Island Jesters defeat Storm, 6-4
Field 19: Colorado 14ers defeat Next Level, 7-6
Field 25: NESLL by a touchdown over Green Machine, 14-7
Field 26: FCA over Winston-Salem, 11-2
Field 27: New Jersey North East over Florida Navy, 12-2
Field 28: Long Island Express Barracudas handle Colorado, 13-1

Highlights

The Jesters rallied from 4-2 down in the second half taking a 5-4 lead with less than 2:00 to play on route to a 6-4 opening round win.

Next Level's O'Donnell piped a ball with 0:20 remaining just missing drawing the match.
Too bad Piranhas don't play turtles in pool play. Would love to see that and settle who's the best Express club.

What?? Which Piranhas you talking about? 2017 or 2016? Both are "B" or "C" teams. Best teams down there are DUKES 2016 and Barracudas 2016. And maybe 3D Select 2016

What?? Which Piranhas you talking about? 2017 or 2016? Both are "B" or "C" teams. Best teams down there are DUKES 2016 and Barracudas 2016. And maybe 3D Select 2016

You are overlooking our hard shelled 2017 friends. They may not win the whole thing but none of the 3 that you mentioned want to play them. They are all hoping that the Turtles get knocked out before they have to face them in the elimination round. They scare the bejezzuses out of everybody including the 3 you mentioned. Make no mistake about it - they want to be the first back-to-back (same roster, not just same program) champions. They are on a mission. Lets cheer them on - it would be cool if they won it.

July 26 - 10 a.m.

Field 18: Long Island Express Piranhas defeat Utah, 10-4
Field 19: Dukes HHH defeat Florida Carolina, 10-2
Field 25: Brady's Bunch edge C2C Black, 8-7
Field 26: Long Island Express Turtles defeat Florida Swashbucklers, 14-2
Field 27: 3d Select handle For the Love of the Game, 9-2
Field 28: Maverick Select over Triad Elite, 7-6

Sorry pal. I don't think the Prianhas see it that way.

July 26 - 11 a.m.

Field 18: Long Island Jesters over Next Level, 11-6
Field 19: Storm defeats Colorado 14ers, 9-1
Field 25: Green Machine over Winston-Salem, 10-7
Field 26: FCA defeats NESLL, 13-5
Field 27: New Jersey North East and Colorado Tie, 3-3
Field 28: Long Island Express Barracudas crush Florida Navy, 16-2
dukes up 2-1 away thru 1st half
5-2 dukes 18 minutes left

July 26 - Noon

Field 18: Dukes HHH defeat Long Island Express Piranhas, 9-2
Field 19: Utah defeats Florida Carolina, 7-6
Field 25: Long Island Express Turtles over Brady's Bunch, 10-6
Field 26: C2C Black defeats Florida Swashbucklers, 8-5
Field 27: For the Love of the Game defeats Maverick Select, 8-1
Field 28: 3d Select defeats Triad Elite, 15-3

July 26 - Noon

That last Turtles score is a little closer than most would have expected based on the results earlier in the morning. Could the lack of depth as the day gets hotter start to be a factor?

July 26 - 1 p.m.

Field 18: Long Island Jesters edge Colorado 14ers, 7-6
Field 19: Next Level defeats Storm, 8-5
Field 25: FCA over Green Machine, 17-4
Field 26: NESLL over Winston-Salem
Field 27: Long Island Express Barracudas defeat New Jersey North East, 14-2
Field 28: Colorado over Florida Navy, 9-2

END OF POOL PLAY
LI Express Turtles get a #4 seed and a first round bye tomorrow. Express Barracudas got the #1 seed.

July 26 - Noon

That last Turtles score is a little closer than most would have expected based on the results earlier in the morning. Could the lack of depth as the day gets hotter start to be a factor?

No. Other 2017 teams have caught up to them AND they are playing in a fraudulent U15 tournament that not only allows rising sophomores to compete, but it's basically mandatory to have a rising sophomore team in order to be competitive.
No. Other 2017 teams have caught up to them AND they are playing in a fraudulent U15 tournament that not only allows rising sophomores to compete, but it's basically mandatory to have a rising sophomore team in order to be competitive.
You are incorrect when you say that it is a fraudulent U15 tournament. You have the wrong definition of U15 when making that accusation. The current U15 age group was born on or after September 1st, 1997 - that is the exact definition of U15 until the U-brackets roll forward in August.

09/01/97 - 11/30/97 ... Class of 2015 ... 10th Grade ... U/15
12/01/97 - 08/31/98 ... Class of 2016 ... 9th Grade .... U/15
09/01/98 - 11/30/98 ... Class of 2016 ... 9th Grade .... U/14
12/01/98 - 08/31/99 ... Class of 2017 ... 8th Grade .... U/14
09/01/99 - 11/30/99 ... Class of 2017 ... 8th Grade .... U/13
You are incorrect when you say that it is a fraudulent U15 tournament. You have the wrong definition of U15 when making that accusation. The current U15 age group was born on or after September 1st, 1997 - that is the exact definition of U15 until the U-brackets roll forward in August.

I think what irks people is the "U" piece. What does that mean? In essence there is the probability that boys turning 16 as soon as 36 days (give or take a day) from now are playing in this turnament. So, this is really a 15 years + 329 days or younger tournament. To clear up the confusion they should really just call it a U16 - meaning "U"nder 16.

I think what irks people is the "U" piece. What does that mean? In essence there is the probability that boys turning 16 as soon as 36 days (give or take a day) from now are playing in this turnament. So, this is really a 15 years + 329 days or younger tournament. To clear up the confusion they should really just call it a U16 - meaning "U"nder 16.

No. The old US Lacrosse rules made sense. You should not have rising sophomores playing against rising freshmen. The former has been exposed to HS coaching, competition, peers, facilities, etc.

U15 tournaments should not have kids who've played in HS. It is all about US Lacrosse trying to make extra bucks.
The competition in this tournament is awful. A complete waste of time and money. 3 or 4 good teams in the whole thing. No coaches there watching either. That's why the top teams didn't go. Absolutely no reason to go there , wipe out everyone and have a good game in the finals. None of the teams in this thing came close to winning any of the top tournaments this summer - Crabfeast, NSCLA etc.
Elimination Round Seedings - Saturday, July 27th

Seeds for Bracket Play
1. LI Express Barracudas (N.Y.) 3-0
2. 3d Select (Colo.) 3-0
3. Dukes HHH (Pa.) 3-0
4. LI Express Turtles (N.Y.) 3-0
5. FCA (Md.) 3-0
6. Long Island Jesters (N.Y.) 3-0
7. For the Love of the Game (N.Y.) 2-1
8. LI Express Piranhas (N.Y.) 2-1
9. NESLL (Mass./N.H.) 2-1
10. Colorado 1-1-1
11. New Jersey North East 1-1-1
12. Storm (Fla.) 1-2
13. Colorado 14ers 1-2
14. Next Level (R.I.) 1-2
15. C2C Black (Texas) 1-2
16. Brady’s Bunch (Calif.) 1-2
17. Utah 1-2
18. Maverick Select (N.J.) 1-2
19. Florida Swashbucklers 1-2
20. Green Machine (Ind.) 1-2
21. Florida Carolina 0-3
22. Winston-Salem (N.C.) 0-3
23. Triad Elite (N.C.) 0-3
24. Florida Navy 0-3
First/Second Round Playoff Match-Ups - Saturday, July 27th

July 27 - First Round - 8 a.m.

Field 18: #16 Brady’s Bunch vs. #17 Utah
Field 19: #9 NESLL vs. #24 Florida Navy
Field 25: #15 C2C Black vs. #18 Maverick Select
Field 26: #10 Colorado vs. #23 Triad Elite

July 27 - First Round - 9:30 a.m.

Field 18: #13 Colorado 14ers vs. #20 Green Machine
Field 19: #12 Storm vs. #21 Florida Carolina
Field 25: #14 Next Level vs. #19 Florida Swashbucklers
Field 26: #11 New Jersey North East vs. #22 Winston-Salem

July 27 – Second Round - 11 a.m.

Field 18: #1 LI Express Barracudas vs. 16/17 winner
Field 19: #8 LI Express Piranhas vs. 9/24 winner
Field 25: #2 3d Select vs. 15/18 winner
Field 26: #7 For the Love of the Game vs. 10/23 winner

July 27 - Second Round - 12:30 p.m.

Field 18: #4 LI Express Turtles vs. 13/20 winner
Field 19: #5 FCA vs. 12/21 winner
Field 25: #3 Dukes HHH vs. 14/19 winner
Field 26: #6 Long Island Jesters vs. 11/22 winner
Anyone down there in person - can you comment on the recruiting value? Are there just a couple or a lot of coaches there? Or would you just put this more in the category of "just fun to be there" with not much recruiting exposure (which may be refreshing).
The reason the Crabs don't play (and most other teams in Maryland) is after a long Spring school season, combined with a tough Spring Club League (NPYLL or MYLA) and then a busy summer club schedule, the are done with lacrosse. Season over, tryouts in 2 weeks..that is the only reason...quite frankly Crabs and other Maryland teams don't have to travel for competition, it is either here in Baltimore or willing to travel to Baltimore.

My arse... They'd have to put together an age appropriate team that hasn't played together all summer. Most likely wouldn't go well... Probably afraid of the bad press it would create. The jibber jabber above is pure hot air. If they thought they had a legit chance of beating the LI clubs in that torn they'd be there... Could be wrong, but until proven otherwise.....
Anyone down there in person - can you comment on the recruiting value? Are there just a couple or a lot of coaches there? Or would you just put this more in the category of "just fun to be there" with not much recruiting exposure (which may be refreshing).

There are no college coaches there. That's why it's a U15 tournament and why rising sophomores - who should be only attending recruiting events - should not be allowed to play.

There are no college coaches there. That's why it's a U15 tournament and why rising sophomores - who should be only attending recruiting events - should not be allowed to play.

Stop your whining already about the tournament. The age group is what it is. Did your younger son not make it?
my son went last year as a rising Sophomore - had a great time, good competition great way to end the season and just fun, everything does not need to be about recruiting.....although last year they were not really looking at rising sophs the way they are now and that has really taken a lot of the fun out of all summer lacrosse
Sorry you can't handle the truth. That's why only 2-4 good teams attend this tournament. It's costly to fly down to Florida, and 3/4 of the games are meaningless blowouts.

If they had it in NY or MD, and made it a real U15 tournament, this would be a great event. Only the fields themselves are great.

Almost every U15 summer tournament except this one bans the use of 2016 kids. LOL - this tournament is a joke.

And no, I do not live in Maryland.

why cant sophs go to an event and just have fun. You sond like the problem of lacrosse recruiting
If they had it in NY or MD, and made it a real U15 tournament, this would be a great event. Only the fields themselves are great.
BOTC will be meeting with officials from US Lacrosse during the next two weeks. This entire subject (*) is among the points that will be discussed.

(*) = Only one national tournament at U15, location, age-group enforcement, national player passes, and more.
First Round Playoff Results - Saturday, July 27th

July 27 - First Round - 8 a.m.

Field 18: #16 Brady’s Bunch defeats #17 Utah, 7-4
Field 19: #9 NESLL defeats #24 Florida Navy, 10-3
Field 25: #18 Maverick Select defeats #15 C2C Black, 7-5
Field 26: #10 Colorado vs. #23 Triad Elite, 8-7, 2OT

Highlights

Colorado's Isaac "Zip" Waterhouse scores on a behind the head shot with 0:02 remaining in the second overtime to avoid the upset in opening round knock-out action.
First Round Playoff Results - Saturday, July 27th

July 27 - First Round - 9:30 a.m.

Field 18: #13 Colorado 14ers defeat #20 Green Machine, 5-3
Field 19: #21 Florida Carolina upsets #12 Storm, 10-7
Field 25: #14 Next Level defeats #19 Florida Swashbucklers, 7-5
Field 26: #11 New Jersey North East defeats #22 Winston-Salem, 8-2
Second Round Playoff Match-Ups - Saturday, July 27th

July 27 - Second Round - 11 a.m.

Field 18: #1 LI Express Barracudas vs. #16 Brady's Bunch
Field 19: #8 LI Express Piranhas vs. #9 NESLL
Field 25: #2 3d Select vs. #18 Maverick Select
Field 26: #7 For the Love of the Game vs. #10 Colorado

Field 18: #4 LI Express Turtles vs. #13 Colorado 14ers
Field 19: #5 FCA vs. #21 Florida Carolina
Field 25: #3 Dukes HHH vs. #14 Next Level
Field 26: #6 Long Island Jesters vs. #11 New Jersey North East
Sorry you can't handle the truth. That's why only 2-4 good teams attend this tournament. It's costly to fly down to Florida, and 3/4 of the games are meaningless blowouts.

Almost every U15 summer tournament except this one bans the use of 2016 kids. LOL - this tournament is a joke.

And no, I do not live in Maryland.

Why ban 2016? Because your kid is a hold back or grade repeater. It's about being the right age, not the grade... no one is allowed to play down. If your kid is 16 he's 16, regardless of whether he's 2017, 2016 or 2015. I know that's a tough concept for some people to understand!!!
Second Round Playoff Results - Saturday, July 27th

July 27 - Second Round - 11 a.m.

Field 18: #1 LI Express Barracudas defeat #16 Brady's Bunch, 12-5
Field 19: #8 LI Express Piranhas hang-on against #9 NESLL, 7-6
Field 25: #2 3d Select over #18 Maverick Select, 12-4
Field 26: #7 For the Love of the Game crushes #10 Colorado, 15-1
Second Round Playoff Results - Saturday, July 27th

Field 18: #4 LI Express Turtles defeat #13 Colorado 14ers, 16-5
Field 19: #5 FCA defeats #21 Florida Carolina, 13-1
Field 25: #3 Dukes HHH defeat #14 Next Level, 11-5
Field 26: #6 Long Island Jesters over #11 New Jersey North East, 8-6
Quarterfinals - Saturday, July 27th

July 27 - Quarterfinals - 2:00pm

Field 18: #1 LI Express Barracudas vs. #8 LI Express Piranhas
Field 19: #2 3d Select vs. #7 For the Love of the Game

July 27 - Quarterfinals - 3:30 p.m.

Field 18: #4 LI Express Turtles vs. #5 FCA
Field 19: #3 Dukes HHH vs. #6 Long Island Jesters
Quarterfinal Results - Saturday, July 27th

July 27 - Quarterfinals - 2:00pm

Field 18: #1 LI Express Barracudas defeat #8 LI Express Piranhas, 8-4
Field 19: #2 3d Select defeats #7 For the Love of the Game, 10-6
Such a bummer that Baracudas and Turtles won't be able to lock horns. I bet barracudas are relieved they don't have to play them. I'm sure they have doubts they could have beaten the Turtles. Hope FCA wins it now so Turtles can say they gave champs all they could handle.
Quarterfinal Results, Saturday, July 27th

July 27 - Quarterfinals - 3:30 p.m.

Field 18: #5 FCA defeat #4 LI Express Turtles, 8-6
Field 19: #3 Dukes HHH defeats #6 Long Island Jesters, 17-7
You are an [lacrosse]....flopping did not work and yes I was at the game
Such a bummer that Baracudas and Turtles won't be able to lock horns. I bet barracudas are relieved they don't have to play them. I'm sure they have doubts they could have beaten the Turtles. Hope FCA wins it now so Turtles can say they gave champs all they could handle.

LOL, your nuts.
Head, Heart, Hustle. GO DUUKES! #teamofdestiny

Team of destiny? You realize we're talking about 15 year old boys, right?

Sad to see you have nothing better to do than live your life through your son.
Semifinals/Finals/Outbracket Matches - Sunday, July 28th

July 28 - Semifinals - 8 a.m.

Field 18: #1 Long Island Express vs. #5 FCA
Field 19: #2 3d Select vs. #3 Dukes HHH

July 28 - Consolation Games - 8 a.m.

Field 27: #16 Brady's Bunch vs. #18 Maverick Select
Field 28: #9 NESLL vs. #10 Colorado
Field 25: #15 C2C Black vs. #20 Green Machine
Field 26: #24 Florida Navy vs. #22 Winston-Salem

July 28 - Consolation Games - 9:30 a.m.

Field 18: #17 Utah vs. #19 Florida Swashbuckler
Field 19: #23 Triad Elite vs. #12 Storm
Field 25: #13 Colorado 14ers vs. #14 Next Level
Field 26: #11 New Jersey North East vs. #21 Florida Carolina
Field 27: #8 Long Island Piranhas vs. #7 fl$
Field 28: #4 LI Express Turtles vs. #6 Long Island Jesters

July 28 - Third-Place Game - 11 a.m.

Field 19: TBD

July 28 - Championship Game - Noon

Field 18: TBD
Semifinals Results - Sunday, July 28th

July 28 - Semifinals - 8 a.m.

Field 18: #1 Long Island Express defeats #5 FCA, 15-5
Field 19: #2 3d Select defeats #3 Dukes HHH, 10-7

LOL, your nuts.

barracudas are real relieved. LOL Turtles WHO?

#1 Long Island Express defeats #5 FCA, 15-5.

Team of destiny? You realize we're talking about 15 year old boys, right?

Sad to see you have nothing better to do than live your life through your son.

Looks like your delusional as well. Even with older kids on your teams. lol

Field 19: #2 3d Select defeats #3 Dukes HHH, 10-7
Consolation Results - Sunday, July 28th

July 28 - Consolation Games - 9:30 a.m.

Field 18: #17 Utah over #19 Florida Swashbucklers, 7-2
Field 19: #12 Storm over #23 Triad Elite, 9-6
Field 25: #13 Colorado 14ers over #14 Next Level, 7-3
Field 26: #21 Florida Carolina upsets #11 New Jersey North East, 11-1
Field 27: ##7 fl$ edges 8 Long Island Piranhas, 6-5
Field 28: #4 LI Express Turtles handle #6 Long Island Jesters, 15-3
Medal Round Matches - Sunday, July 28th

Field 19: #3 Dukes HHH vs. #5 FCA

Field 18: #1 Long Island Express vs. #2 3d Select
I guess that answers your question if they
were scared or not. They would have blown
out the turtles. They prob wish they had the chance
to finally shut up their parents, but turtle
power didn't make it. Oh we'll maybe the
Chosen ones will do better next time!!! Stop
bragging turtles your not that good!!!

LOL, your nuts.

So big man. Why didn't the Cudas challenge themselves one year early by entering this tourney last year? I doubt they would have done nearly as well as the Turtles did this year.
Just a matter of time before the Turtle team self-implodes. After years of being physically more mature than their peers, they are finding success a lot harder to come by. I'm sure they thought they would crush everyone at the Crabs' Young Guns tournament.

OOPS! These kids have been adversely affected by the self-entitlement heaped upon them by their handlers.
Bronze Medal Results - Sunday, July 28th

Field 19: #5 FCA defeats #3 Dukes HHH, 12-4
Gold Medal Game In-Progress - Sunday, July 28th

Field 18: #2 3d Select leads #1 Long Island Express, 2-1, End 1st Quarter
Bronze Medal Results - Sunday, July 28th

Field 19: #5 FCA defeats #3 Dukes HHH, 12-4

Might want to change that "Head Heart Hustle" chant.

Suggestion: "Humbled Heartbroken overHYPED"

LOL, your nuts.

So big man. Why didn't the Cudas challenge themselves one year early by entering this tourney last year? I doubt they would have done nearly as well as the Turtles did this year.

If I'm not mistaken, Turtles lost 1 game the whole tournament by only 2 goals. They won easily against all other teams that were 1 year older. I'd say that's worthy of some applause. And who do you think is the early favorite for U16 champs next year?
Gold Medal Game Halftime - Sunday, July 28th

Field 18: #2 3d Select leads #1 Long Island Express, 5-1, Halftime
Just a matter of time before the Turtle team self-implodes. After years of being physically more mature than their peers, they are finding success a lot harder to come by. I'm sure they thought they would crush everyone at the Crabs' Young Guns tournament.

OOPS! These kids have been adversely affected by the self-entitlement heaped upon them by their handlers.

Sorry pal. Wishful thinking on your part, Turtles only getting stronger. Although I'm sure you and your son would gladly accept an invitation to join this imploding team. Enjoy the view from below.

Sorry pal. Wishful thinking on your part, Turtles only getting stronger. Although I'm sure you and your son would gladly accept an invitation to join this imploding team. Enjoy the view from below.

How do you explain their performance at the Crabs' Young Guns tournament?

LOL - the lacrosse world is laughing at you guys. Maybe giving a branded website, branded gear, etc. to KIDS wasn't such a hot idea.

LOL - the lacrosse world is laughing at you guys. Maybe giving a branded website, branded gear, etc. to KIDS wasn't such a hot idea.
Take a moment, dear parent. Read what you wrote here and tell us honestly if you would like to grow a pair and sign your name to it.

No one in the lacrosse world is laughing at a team who stepped up to play older teams in Florida and came within a couple of goals of going further.

Yes, you are hearing laughter from the lacrosse world ... it is coming from behind your back. Think about it.
They beat Jesters 15 to 3,

Good ride for the Cudas but Turtles might have given 3D a better game. Last year's Express Orange proven better than current vintage of all Express teams at U15 tourney.
Gold Medal Game Final Results - Sunday, July 28th

Field 18: #2 3d Select defeats #1 Long Island Express, 10-4
Medal Awards - Sunday, July 28th

Gold Medal : 3d Select

Silver Medal : Long Island Express

Bronze Medal : FCA
I just laughed as I remember a post about turtles and U15 championship:

"going to shock the world" and #chosenones!

Please!
3D should start a Long Island chapter. Would be a gold mine for them.
Sorry, not a bummer at all! If you can't win a quarter final game .......
Smart guy!!! Turtles lose to team cudas blow
out but would have given a better showing.
This is why everyone hates you guys.
Crazy

I'll tell you who's not laughing at them. All the college coaches that have seen the play.
Please do!!!!!!!

I'll tell you who's not laughing at them. All the college coaches that have seen the play.

Turtles will dominate this tournament next year. This year was just a very sucessful tryout.
When Turtles win it next year Channy will be able to claim 2 of the past 3 for Express. Not bad.
Curious if anybody thinks if not having Powers at the helm had any bearing on the championship. Question - will be interesting to see if Channy takes over Turtles in this tournament next year.
fl$ actually gave 3D a tougher game than Express did in the final.
Lacrosse Magazine All-Tournament Team:
A – Henry Adams, 3d Select
A – Matt Gavin, Long Island Express Barracudas
A – Ryan Rogers, Long Island Express Barracudas
M – Alec Barnes, 3d Select
M – Steve Cuccurullo, Long Island Express Turtles
M – Tyler Will, FCA
D – Daniel Confort, Long Island Express Barracudas
D – Will Weitzel, 3d Select
D – Jordan Young, Dukes HHH
G – Otto Bohan, 3d Select
Great tournament. Cudas were very talented and a great team. The one flaw that I saw though was the lack of balanced scoring - heavily weighted to the attack. If the attack disappeared for whatever reason, which was the case until about 5 min. left in the championship game when it was already decided, there was no scoring punch from the middies to pick up the slack. I think they could have won this if they had developed more options on offense and didn't try to run everything through the attack. Great run though and exciting almost to the end.
are there rosters for the teams posted anywhere?

You have to remember that different parts of the country have different cut off dates to start school. In most parts of the country, 2017 teams are U-15 where in NY, many of the 2016 kids are still u-15 eligible.

Some Turtles are 15 now so that places them correctly in this tournament, not really playing "up"

Exactly!!! Of course it comes down again to parents holding kids back for athletic advantage. NO EXCUSES !! Win or go home!!

Thanks cage. Now for all you people who held there kid back, or repeated a grade, it doesn't matter if your kid is 2016, 2017 or 2018 it's his age!!! If we could only get this for every tournament and showcase, it would really get rid of all the nonsense...

AMEN!!!!

Haha, it's called roadkill!!
for that.

Wow, you don't know LI Lax very well. Turtles are too small, will have big problems on Varsity, a couple standouts may make it, the rest........rip. Many of the standout LI players have never even played for a "club team" . Over trained and undersized does not always lead to success!

We need one , 91 and express are so yesterday!

LOL, your nuts.

If I'm not mistaken, Turtles lost 1 game the whole tournament by only 2 goals. They won easily against all other teams that were 1 year older. I'd say that's worthy of some applause. And who do you think is the early favorite for U16 champs next year?

Problem is they are not a year younger. Some are and some are not. That makes them correctly placed in the right division. Stop the playing up nonsence!
for that.

Wow, you don't know LI Lax very well. Turtles are too small, will have big problems on Varsity, a couple standouts may make it, the rest........rip. Many of the standout LI players have never even played for a "club team" . Over trained and undersized does not always lead to success!

The Turtles are very good collectively but it remains to be seen how they will fare with their respective varsity teams. I'm sure some will do well but we'll have to wait and see. Only one Turtle made the U-15 All-Tournament team. Not exactly "shaking it up" There's a lot of indiviual talent out there, they just don't all play for the Turtles.

Some Turtles are 15 now so that places them correctly in this tournament, not really playing "up"

Incorrect info. The whole turtle team will qualify for this tournament next year, I would call that playing up.
The Turtles are very good collectively but it remains to be seen how they will fare with their respective varsity teams. I'm sure some will do well but we'll have to wait and see. Only one Turtle made the U-15 All-Tournament team. Not exactly "shaking it up" There's a lot of indiviual talent out there, they just don't all play for the Turtles.
The U/15 All-Tournament team is almost always drawn exclusively from the final four teams. (Do some research on the boys and girls sides for the last three years.) For a non-semifinal team to have representation on the All-Tournament team implies that there was an incredible impression made.

Incorrect info. The whole turtle team will qualify for this tournament next year, I would call that playing up.

How is that when some of the player are 15 right now, and have been for a while?

Turtles will dominate this tournament next year. This year was just a very sucessful tryout.

Will be looking out for Turtles kids at Blue Chip and Showtime next year, We'll see who stands out then. My bet is that not many make "ones who shined" list when they actually have to play with the best in the country. Time will tell

How is that when some of the player are 15 right now, and have been for a while?

The cutoff will be Sept 1 1998 next year. If a kid is 15 now he wont qualify.

Exactly!!! Of course it comes down again to parents holding kids back for athletic advantage. NO EXCUSES !! Win or go home!!

Wrong. For nearly every Mid Atlantic team, their U15 teams are filled with kids who only have 1999 birthdays. Get a life and stop whining.
\\

I agree it would be a good business idea, however if I'm not mistaken fl$ and 3D are strategic partners, so I doubt fl$ would allow it. Id be first on line for that tryout, but unfortunately that aint happening anytime soon.

My understanding is that if any boy has already turned 15 by the time this tournament started this year, he will definitely not be able to play next year when he is 16. I've read on this board that all birth certificates are checked but I'm sure some conspiracy theorists will suggest that since the tournament is sponsored by Lacrosse Unlimited, which is also undeniably tied closely to the Turtles, that there might be some monkey business attempted with letting some Turtle players play that are too old next year. Just sayin'. I hope no kids on any of the teams this year were snuck into the lineup inappropriately.

I don't understand that either. If it is a 2017 team, all (or most) kids should have been born on 12/1/98 or later which would make them all eligible to pay net year in Denver. Even any hold backs for "late" birthdays should be fine since next year's cutoff is 9/1/98.
Isn't interesting that these vaunted teams from PA, MD, and North Jersey didn't make into the finals. Yet, in tournaments over the summer they were beating LI teams. One would have concluded that a PA, MD, or NJ team would have just blown the doors off this thing... What's different about this tournament?
What could it be?
[quote=Anonymous]FCA (MD) and Dukes HHH (PA) are both 2017.

I don't understand that either. If it is a 2017 team, all (or most) kids should have been born on 12/1/98 or later which would make them all eligible to pay net year in Denver. Even any hold backs for "late" birthdays should be fine since next year's cutoff is 9/1/98. [/quote

Well Turtle or not. If you are 15 now you won't quailfy to play next year because you will be 16 in a u15 tournament. The fact is there are Turtles that are and have been 15 for a while. They should not play next year. End of discussion.
[quote=Anonymous]FCA (MD) and Dukes HHH (PA) are both 2017.

I don't understand that either. If it is a 2017 team, all (or most) kids should have been born on 12/1/98 or later which would make them all eligible to pay net year in Denver. Even any hold backs for "late" birthdays should be fine since next year's cutoff is 9/1/98. [/quote

Well Turtle or not. If you are 15 now you won't quailfy to play next year because you will be 16 in a u15 tournament. The fact is there are Turtles that are and have been 15 for a while. They should not play next year. End of discussion.

There are no turtles that are 15. You can say it all you want, they will all qualify next year again, they even have a few boys that qualify for u-13 on team.

Dominate next year? That may be, but a successful tryout? Not so sure. I bought into all the hype of the Turtles. Chosen ones, shocking he world, they have been together for so long and dedicated so much time this was supposed to be their year, not a successful tryout. The best they can hope for now is to win this thing in their own age group? That doesn't sound like "chosen ones" or "shocking the world" status. The amount of time this team has been together and the amount of practices they have had over the years this has got to be a terribly disappointing result. Judging by the commentary from the parents of this group it sounds like lots of changes are coming because there is no way they can afford to lose this thing in their own age group now. Should be interesting how this plays out

Dominate next year? That may be, but a successful tryout? Not so sure. I bought into all the hype of the Turtles. Chosen ones, shocking he world, they have been together for so long and dedicated so much time this was supposed to be their year, not a successful tryout. The best they can hope for now is to win this thing in their own age group? That doesn't sound like "chosen ones" or "shocking the world" status. The amount of time this team has been together and the amount of practices they have had over the years this has got to be a terribly disappointing result. Judging by the commentary from the parents of this group it sounds like lots of changes are coming because there is no way they can afford to lose this thing in their own age group now. Should be interesting how this plays out

The Turtles better hope the Dukes don't come back next year.

It would be pretty sad if the turtles are keeping a team together for a national championship.. News flash the Crabs, the dukes and so on are going to get bigger older grade based kids and concentrate on the 2014 season. In the end by the time they get to this tournament lets seee how they do. FCA and the dukes were also called 2017 teams and the turtles lost to fca on saturday and dukes at crabfeast. Turtles run of being the best is over
If it's true and the whole Turtle team can come back, then you'd be silly to say they are not the favorites to win it next year. Since the Turtles are an Express team like all of the others (Cudas etc.) do they take kids from the Express tryouts or are the Turtle tryouts seperate?
If it's true and the whole Turtle team can come back, then you'd be silly to say they are not the favorites to win it next year. Since the Turtles are an Express team like all of the others (Cudas etc.) do they take kids from the Express tryouts or are the Turtle tryouts seperate?

No tryouts for the turtles. JD invites the players onto the team. Some have come from the LIE orange team which was the A team in the past.
Our son plays for 3d and I still don't understand the pecking order or how the various Express teams are put together. As far as this tournament is concerned, I am not a huge fan of it, despite that we came away with the "national championship." IMO the Crab's tournaments still bring together the best collection of youth teams, but even that one had a few teams which probably shouldn't have been there.

I would prefer to see it as event that does not allow anyone who has participated in a high school program to play.

Wrong. For nearly every Mid Atlantic team, their U15 teams are filled with kids who only have 1999 birthdays. Get a life and stop whining.

Crabs may be the exception...Breakers, FCA and Greene Turtle all had rising 8th grade or 1 yr old boys on their respective teams...this arguement is old and you do sound a bit whiney...

was wondering if any Turtles attended Nike rising freshman Blue Chip this summer. They are usually well represented at those type of select invitationals. Don't remember seeing any of them mentioned as standouts.

For the 2013 Tournament, players must be born on or after 9/1/1997.

For next year's event, players will need to be born after 9/1/1998.

That's it - everything is validated via birth certificates.
There were quite a few WCS players on FCA and one on 3d

Good ride for the Cudas but Turtles might have given 3D a better game. Last year's Express Orange proven better than current vintage of all Express teams at U15 tourney.

On what basis? Ask the FCA team if they would rather play the Cudas or the Turtles.
Mostly average teams? I'll let you in on a little secret. In Colorado, this past year's freshman class is the 1st in the stat's history to have had the opportunity to play since the 1st grade. I pretty familiar with the teams from back east. My son played for the 3d team this past weekend and played for the WCS NSCLA Team which won the Crabfeast YG's in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. You're seeing the inevitable evening out of talent. You're seeing more western teams that have had more time playing together. I'll tell you that it's a thrill for our kids to go out east and play such good teams. If I were you, I'd start embracing some of these western teams as your peers and stop making age-based excuses when an eastern team doesn't win. Trust me when I tell you that it is a rarity for a kid to be held back in CO. I've never seen it done to get an advantage in lacrosse. I think parent get a really good idea about where their kid stacks up when they have to play other kids their same age. Nobody feels sorry for the kid who was held back and in turn must play against kids who have a year of HS under their belt....
My son played for 3d but we know a lot of kids on FCA. Fact is that FCA's best faceoff-midfielder was hurt prior to the cuda game. Sounds like FCA dodn't win one faceoff- I'ts have been different.hard to say how it may
I guess I'm not familiar with those teamsfilling their rosters with 8th graders
Mostly average teams? I'll let you in on a little secret. In Colorado, this past year's freshman class is the 1st in the stat's history to have had the opportunity to play since the 1st grade. I pretty familiar with the teams from back east. My son played for the 3d team this past weekend and played for the WCS NSCLA Team which won the Crabfeast YG's in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. You're seeing the inevitable evening out of talent. You're seeing more western teams that have had more time playing together. I'll tell you that it's a thrill for our kids to go out east and play such good teams. If I were you, I'd start embracing some of these western teams as your peers and stop making age-based excuses when an eastern team doesn't win. Trust me when I tell you that it is a rarity for a kid to be held back in CO. I've never seen it done to get an advantage in lacrosse. I think parent get a really good idea about where their kid stacks up when they have to play other kids their same age. Nobody feels sorry for the kid who was held back and in turn must play against kids who have a year of HS under their belt....

True dat!
jesters didn't show up to play. if they did it would have been closer
The Cudas would never have won without winnin more faceoffs
Well my guess is that testosterone had something to do with it..
My son played for 3d but we know a lot of kids on FCA. Fact is that FCA's best faceoff-midfielder was hurt prior to the cuda game. Sounds like FCA dodn't win one faceoff- I'ts have been different.hard to say how it may

Yes that's true gave turtles a huge advantage and they still couldn't win. Even with possession. If FCC had a better F/O They could have took the whole thing. Congrats to 3D for the championship, class act just like FCA
What's ridiculous is that holding kids back and repeating grades seems to be accepted in these self-proclaimed "hot beds". It's ridiculous that kids from other areas have to come in and play against kids a year older in some tournaments. That's the joke. The grade they're in is irrelevant- but a year's maturity at this age is huge. You all know it or you wouldn't hold you kids back. This isn't a parent who's bitter about getting blown out. My son played on the 3d team this last weekend in FL , the 3d team who recently won fl$, the WCS team that won the Crabfeast in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. I'm just so sick of reading these posts where some of the parents put down and try to devalue what kids on other teams have accomplished. Most of the parents I've met from back east have been great but there is a group who puts too much stock in their kids lacrosse career. I'm not sure what values you instill in kids by having them repeat a grade so they can can have the leg up on younger opponents. The window of time that these kids have to play lacrosse is so small. Athletics is a great way to teach young people about character and discipline, how to win and lose with grace. Some of you out there need to reread your posts and ask yourself how you'd feel if you son read what you had to say...
You paid $3,000 dollars not to show up. Really you lose to 8th graders. That hurts

True dat!

If I'm not mistaken, the school age cutoff for Colorado is Sept 30th compared to NY which is Dec 1st. I can totally understand why NY kids may start school a yr late or repeat a grade. Why should they be a whole year younger then their Colorado peers, or any other state for that matter that has an earlier school age cutoff? Congrats to your son and his team, you sound very proud of him and them! Just wondering how many of them were born after Sept 1, 1998?
What's ridiculous is that holding kids back and repeating grades seems to be accepted in these self-proclaimed "hot beds". It's ridiculous that kids from other areas have to come in and play against kids a year older in some tournaments. That's the joke. The grade they're in is irrelevant- but a year's maturity at this age is huge. You all know it or you wouldn't hold you kids back. This isn't a parent who's bitter about getting blown out. My son played on the 3d team this last weekend in FL , the 3d team who recently won fl$, the WCS team that won the Crabfeast in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. I'm just so sick of reading these posts where some of the parents put down and try to devalue what kids on other teams have accomplished. Most of the parents I've met from back east have been great but there is a group who puts too much stock in their kids lacrosse career. I'm not sure what values you instill in kids by having them repeat a grade so they can can have the leg up on younger opponents. The window of time that these kids have to play lacrosse is so small. Athletics is a great way to teach young people about character and discipline, how to win and lose with grace. Some of you out there need to reread your posts and ask yourself how you'd feel if you son read what you had to say...

Best post I've read in awhile.

Well said...Long Island parents, here's a novel idea,
stay on LI and play with yourselves. Then we can
move past this BS about age. "Whaaa, my little
Vinny Boombots shouldn't have to compete, it's unfair.
He'll never get a scholarship". News flash, he
wouldn't anyway.
The Cudas would never have won without winnin more faceoffs

Or if they had scored less goals than their opponent. What are you trying to say?
jesters didn't show up to play. if they did it would have been closer

And if they had more talent it would have been closer too.
What is your point?

The founder of 3d is one of the biggest proponent of holding kids back. He routinely gives recruiting seminars focusing almost completely on this topic. Furthermore his own son who is now a 2017 wasn't age eligible to play on your 3d team this year.

On what basis? Ask the FCA team if they would rather play the Cudas or the Turtles.

As the parent of an FCA player and for anyone who witnessed the beat down the talent-laden Cudas team put on FCA it's clear as day who we would prefer to play. Turtles put up a good fight but Cudas are in a whole different league. Curious to know if the Cudas and Turtles have ever played each other.

The founder of 3d is one of the biggest proponent of holding kids back. He routinely gives recruiting seminars focusing almost completely on this topic. Furthermore his own son who is now a 2017 wasn't age eligible to play on your 3d team this year.

Not sure if that is true but he did play U15 this year, do you have anything showing his DOB? 16 in 8th grade is kinda old...

I have sat in one of those seminars and he definitely doesn't discourage anyone from holding a kid back. I think it is weak to hold your kid back and then promote him as the top 2017. Whatever floats your boat.

Not sure if that is true but he did play U15 this year, do you have anything showing his DOB? 16 in 8th grade is kinda old...

Munro's son played 2016 3d this summer. I don't know how old he is, but saw the All Star game at the fl$ tournament and he was definitely playing as a 2016. I wouldn't have any way of knowing why he wasn't at the Fl tournament since most of that team seemed to be age eligible 2016's.

As the parent of an FCA player and for anyone who witnessed the beat down the talent-laden Cudas team put on FCA it's clear as day who we would prefer to play. Turtles put up a good fight but Cudas are in a whole different league. Curious to know if the Cudas and Turtles have ever played each other.

Yes the cusas and turtles have played twice the cudas won both last year in a tournament both teams were in the championship turtles coach did not want to play they called it cochampions

Yes the cusas and turtles have played twice the cudas won both last year in a tournament both teams were in the championship turtles coach did not want to play they called it cochampions

New year, new outcome (probably). Turtles have improved leaps and bounds from constantly playing up while Cudas have probably stagnated because they never really play up. When was the last time Cudas played in a varsity bracket? If they had played up more maybe they would have won U-15.
Routinely?? Interesting- I haven't been to those seminars and I haven't heard him discuss this... His son was in Canada playing box I believe.
I intended to "reply" to an prior post. My point was concerning the championship. the Baracudas lost the faceoffs I think 18-4. Very few teams will win giving their opponent that many more possessions. And yes I'm aware that you need mor goal to wina game...
Routinely?? Interesting- I haven't been to those seminars and I haven't heard him discuss this... His son was in Canada playing box I believe.

He and Jake Reed hold a recruiting seminar at the 3d Blue Chip camps and Munro definitely brought up the subject of holding kids back.
Jamie Munroe's son was in Canada playing box. He was of age and could of played in Florida.
YIKES!!! What type of message does that send to the rest of the program..

He and Jake Reed hold a recruiting seminar at the 3d Blue Chip camps and Munro definitely brought up the subject of holding kids back.
Exactly what is the purpose? Whether graduating college at 21, 22, or 23 (for those following a PG year), the game afoot is still to obtain a viable and profitable career in line with your undergraduate education. Are you actually having your son attend college to become a sideline lacrosse instructor? Do you believe that the future of professional lacrosse salaries implies a better lifestyle for your son than you enjoy right now?

Eventually, parents will begin to realize that this "college career in lacrosse" only serves to benefit two groups of people. The first are the Post-Graduate institutions that are enjoying a collegiate-level tuition payment while producing at best a senior year high school academic experience. The second set of beneficiaries are the college coaches themselves who can try to one-up the competition by recruiting these older players.

Again, exactly where did the player or family benefit in this equation?
A lot of WCS kids on FCA. I think some on 3d
This is getting off the original subject, but is a pretty interesting discussion. The payback to the family that feels that they need to have their son repeat 8th grade for athletic purposes is pretty unclear and pretty sad, especially in a sport where most of the best players earn less than $1000/game. If someone had the chance to earn ARod kind of money than at least I could see a potential economic payback for something that I think is pretty drastic.

I am sure there are people who do PG years because they think it will give them one more look. I guess that is possible and Rob Pannell is clearly the best example of guy who was lightly recruited, did a PG and we know the rest of the story.

Then there is the PG who either athletically or academically needs another year, but has commitments if they do the PG and that is a springboard into a school that otherwise they would not have been able to attend. Now that seems the smart way to go about it and is more common with the service academies and ivy league schools.

The message was clear... 3d won... Maybe it was a prior commitment. The team was represented very well.
I don't think so. My son played in the NSCLA and Crabfeast YG's in '12. I think teams 1-8 were good teams. I think 1-5 were very good teams. 3d, Baracudas, thnk the score wuold have been different in the FCA/LI-B's game if FCA's faceoff-guy wouldn't have gotten hurt in a prior game and had to sit out. There were about the same number of really strong teams in the NSCLA.
3d best players were from Boston and LI is kinda already taken by fl$ and Express
Cudas defense gave 3d wide open shots then should of played near man which kept there scoring down and also my team mavriks won more faceoffs by letting him clamp and just wait to pull it out and we win it 65% of the time, 3D can be beaten
Turtles would have givin 3d a worst ride I don't know what your talking about

wouldn't anyway.

One thing is for sure, no way you'd have the guts to ever say that face to face to the father of whomever's son your referencing. Just like your snot nose offspring doesn't have the guts to compete against kids his own age.

wouldn't anyway.

One thing is for sure, no way you'd have the guts to ever say that face to face to the father of whomever's son your referencing. Just like your snot nose offspring doesn't have the guts to compete against kids his own age.

Why so much quibbling, one more year and you will all be (should be) playing u17. The great 15 yaer olds are doing this already. That's when you really show how good you are. If you can play with the big boys and hold your own, you will get respect, and all the colleges will be there to see you and take notice. Playing against kids your own age when you're 15 is not proving anything. It is also the reason that some of these elite teams that think little johnny will "shake up " their varsity team next year are living in a u15 fantasy world. Good luck to you all.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....blah blah blah

Hilarious!!! You lost, accept it. Let it go and enjoy the rest of your summer.
what hurts was that the turtles coach was crying that the jesters were playing too rough
what hurts was that the turtles coach was crying that the jesters were playing too rough

They crushed the 2016 Jesters who were much better than either jester 2017 team.
Does this really surprse anyone ?
Does this really surprse anyone ?
Not sure what you are referring to. Does what surprise anyone? The Turtles can bang with anyone - they are getting big and strong in the weight room.
Really big and strong...in the weight room ? I am not knocking the team, but it has happened often the crying by the coaches for physical play.....and yes my son has played them. Not quite sure your statement about "bang with anyone" is accurate
Really big and strong...in the weight room ? I am not knocking the team, but it has happened often the crying by the coaches for physical play.....and yes my son has played them. Not quite sure your statement about "bang with anyone" is accurate

The "coaches crying" is just a standard tactic to get the refs to swing more calls their way. Many coaches "work the refs", not just the Turtles. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires and sometimes it has no effect. Think Jim Harbough. What's the problem? If it works, you should blame the refs, not the coaches for trying.
Half the fun of playing the turtles is watching JD jump up
And down and scream the call HE wants which he almost always gets. He is a cry baby and has taught that team to do the same. My sons team is bigger than the turtles it is hard to hit smaller kids many calls hit on helmet small push with break away causes a turtle to lay on the ground waiting for call and possesion. They are very talented players no doubt. If game is close at end and they are ahead all shots on goal will go out of bounds to kill clock
I know this from one of THEIR patents. Its like teaching
kids a way to kind of cheat. When the game gets physical with 2016 teams he crys. Skills they can keep up and pass teams size and strength no way they are still little turtles.
Last time I watched them play their defense was big,physical and very skilled.
Half the fun of playing the turtles is watching JD jump up
And down and scream the call HE wants which he almost always gets. He is a cry baby and has taught that team to do the same. My sons team is bigger than the turtles it is hard to hit smaller kids many calls hit on helmet small push with break away causes a turtle to lay on the ground waiting for call and possesion. They are very talented players no doubt. If game is close at end and they are ahead all shots on goal will go out of bounds to kill clock
I know this from one of THEIR patents. Its like teaching
kids a way to kind of cheat. When the game gets physical with 2016 teams he crys. Skills they can keep up and pass teams size and strength no way they are still little turtles.

Obsessed much? Sorry your team and kid got beat by them. Better luck next time hammer.
Not sure turtles needed any call vs the jesters. Jesters coaches had the team show up rught at game time and they got whooped.

The "coaches crying" is just a standard tactic to get the refs to swing more calls their way. Many coaches "work the refs", not just the Turtles. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires and sometimes it has no effect. Think Jim Harbough. What's the problem? If it works, you should blame the refs, not the coaches for trying.

Actaully, more out of the Bill Tierney school of "workin' the refs". A nightmare for any ref. It must be frustrating to watch if you are on the other side but very interesting to watch the pyrotechnics if you are neutral. Still want them to settle once and for all where they stand with the Cudas in a real game with real consequences for the loser. Next year maybe.

Actaully, more out of the Bill Tierney school of "workin' the refs". A nightmare for any ref. It must be frustrating to watch if you are on the other side but very interesting to watch the pyrotechnics if you are neutral. Still want them to settle once and for all where they stand with the Cudas in a real game with real consequences for the loser. Next year maybe.
good thing I saw your post. I am here to help, there is no suspense, the cudas are just better, just cling to the hope that tou can win in your own division for u 15, have a great summer and stress free next year now that this is resolved , phew

good thing I saw your post. I am here to help, there is no suspense, the cudas are just better, just cling to the hope that tou can win in your own division for u 15, have a great summer and stress free next year now that this is resolved , phew
Cudas couldnt repeat and are overrated. Plain and simple.

if that's true then pretty miserable in turtle land

Even if Cudas had won it would not have been a repeat - entirely different Express team last year that won it - not a single common player. Would like to see Cudas vs. last year's Express 2015 Orange team. That would be epic.

That pretty much sums it up. How about this...FCA 8 Turtles 6 Next day Cudas 15 FCA 5. Would love to see the Cudas spank the Turtles AGAIN!

That pretty much sums it up. How about this...FCA 8 Turtles 6 Next day Cudas 15 FCA 5. Would love to see the Cudas spank the Turtles AGAIN! [/quote]

How many kids flew down night before so Cudas can win...come on now, we know its true. Cudas 15 minutes...OVER!

That pretty much sums it up. How about this...FCA 8 Turtles 6 Next day Cudas 15 FCA 5. Would love to see the Cudas spank the Turtles AGAIN!

How many kids flew down night before so Cudas can win...come on now, we know its true. Cudas 15 minutes...OVER! [/quote]

Turtles have lost to the cudas twice, would not play the third time and now want to talk smack. Turtles have to win to play with the big boys. Just like looking for calls on the field now they want to be given a chance to play the cudas. The turtles could not beat the dukes in crabfeast and didnt make the top 5 in LarryMiller. Time to go back into you shell and practice some more
When was the last time the Cudas played up in a tournament in the highest bracket available?

How many kids flew down night before so Cudas can win...come on now, we know its true. Cudas 15 minutes...OVER! [/quote]

Can anyone validate that there were kids on the field that were not on the posted Cuda roster? I'd be pissed if my kid lost field time because some mercenary kid at his position comes out of nowhere. Say it aint so just for bragging, marketing, advertising and tuition escalation rights from beating a weak field.
When was the last time the Cudas played up in a tournament in the highest bracket available?
I thought this was established already. Can't really consider Turtles playing up if some of the boys were 15 already. Turtles were age appropriate and can't say otherwise unless entire team was underage. Enough with this excuse.
You have not covered it with the true facts. The entire Turtles team is age eligible for next year U-15 tournament so this is playing up. The entire team, not just a few of the boys. So yes this is playing up. So again when have the Cudas played up in a top bracket?
1 defender flew in....on the roster....came down due to an injury. The player did not plan on attending Fla., but due to an injury was asked if he could come down....FACT !! No mercenary or lost time for others....go fish some where else if looking to cause issues !!

Videos don't lie. It's idiots like you that make up stories to start BS. Go order the video and see if any kids were not on the roster. One kid had a previous commitment and had to fly down saturday morning.
I thought this was established already. Can't really consider Turtles playing up if some of the boys were 15 already. Turtles were age appropriate and can't say otherwise unless entire team was underage. Enough with this excuse.

Viva la vida Turtles, you had a nice run

How many kids flew down night before so Cudas can win...come on now, we know its true. Cudas 15 minutes...OVER!

Can anyone validate that there were kids on the field that were not on the posted Cuda roster? I'd be pissed if my kid lost field time because some mercenary kid at his position comes out of nowhere. Say it aint so just for bragging, marketing, advertising and tuition escalation rights from beating a weak field. [/quote]

Now you're grasping at straws. This is not true. Unlike other LI teams that beefed up their rosters for this tournament, the Cudas did not add any players.
1 defender flew in....on the roster....came down due to an injury. The player did not plan on attending Fla., but due to an injury was asked if he could come down....FACT !! No mercenary or lost time for others....go fish some where else if looking to cause issues !!

Whoa, looks like we have conflicting Cuda reports - no players added, one came late, one flew in because of an injury...hmmm. I smell a bunch of Cuda BS - you guys should get your party excuses in line beforehand. Lets say door number one (a Defenseman "flew in") is the least deceptive statement. Why would you do that? According to the roster you were carrying 7 D + 1 LSM? Tell me how that works but you went with only 4 attack. Who's putting this team together? Sandy Alderson? Sorry, doesnt pass the sniff test. Please amuse us and try another story.

How many Cudas will be age eligible for U15 next year? Answer: 0. How many turtles? Answer: All. I'd say that's playing up. Anytime, any place with real refs and something on the line big Cuda man.
Hold on.... you are arguing about two teams under the same umbrella organization???? Cuda's and Turtles I believe are both under the LI Express Club name, correct? Makes a great argument to join that organization at ANY level..... This is who I want on my sideline.. Whoa... And who wins if you play? Cudas are older so if they win, they are supposed to win, Turtles win and what, you hurt a team in your organization? Am I missing something?
Hey Einstein.....the 1 defender who flew in was on the roster, came in due to an injury to another player who was on the roster. No new players were added. Can not make it any simpler for you to understand. Please focus !
JD better pick up some bigger, more physical midfielders. The playing field is leveling.
Hey Einstein.....the 1 defender who flew in was on the roster, came in due to an injury to another player who was on the roster. No new players were added. Can not make it any simpler for you to understand. Please focus !

Huh, 1D 1) didn't want to go or 2) had better plans or 3) wasn't asked to attend originally ie. alternate? But miraculously found the flexibility/strength/courage/desire to attend? Whateva.

Still, 7 D and 4 Attack? Now there's a real Einstein. No wonder why you couldn't close the deal.
Whatever the reason teh defender chose not to go is not my business. You like to pass judgement and try to make something out of nothing. As far as 7 def and 4 attack, that is the caches doing not the parents. And where did your sons team end up....oh yeah... not in the final. Go away !!

How many Cudas will be age eligible for U15 next year? Answer: 0. How many turtles? Answer: All. I'd say that's playing up. Anytime, any place with real refs and something on the line big Cuda man.
Any time any place? Really? Next #chosen ones will re appear or even "shock the world". Have to go through the whole co champ thing again? Stop already, you look foolish, but it is funny so keep it coming. By the way I heard there are a few 2018 teams gunning for the turtles so watch out behind you.

Any time any place? Really? Next #chosen ones will re appear or even "shock the world". Have to go through the whole co champ thing again? Stop already, you look foolish, but it is funny so keep it coming. By the way I heard there are a few 2018 teams gunning for the turtles so watch out behind you.

I still don't understand why you keep saying that none of the Turtles are 15. The fact is some ARE, FACT!. Most are not. Even if one is, they can't play in this tournament next year. Turtles are a very good team, however they will have move up to u16 or u17 next year if they want to stay together. Why is this such a problem now?, they claim to have played "up" the whole time!

I still don't understand why you keep saying that none of the Turtles are 15. The fact is some ARE, FACT!. Most are not. Even if one is, they can't play in this tournament next year. Turtles are a very good team, however they will have move up to u16 or u17 next year if they want to stay together. Why is this such a problem now?, they claim to have played "up" the whole time!

This is a comical thread that is embarrassing your organization. But keep it going, I am highly amused. I am sure MC is not. From what I can gather from a quick read is nothing but sore losers on both ends. ...didn't 3D lax win it all?
Absolutely right. 3D deserves the national attention. The thing between the Cudas and Turtles is more like a family feud over who's pound for pound the best program team below 2015, but not above U15 but not below U14 with birthdays between this and that. It is entertaining though as long as it doesn't get personal, which it never is.

Thats ok. They'll use the Cuda recipe and fly in some kids.
Hasn't happened.

Not as miserable as Cuda land when Turtles finish the job that the Cuda's couldn't.

Isn't it common knowledge that Barracudas eat Turtles? C'mon no contest here! Choose your team names better ur represntin!
A dose of humility would serve you well. I hope your not raising your kids to be chest pounders. Nobody likes a self-promoter. Teach your children well. We wish your Turtles good luck next year. Win or lose it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Keep a healthy perspective.
A dose of humility would serve you well. I hope your not raising your kids to be chest pounders. Nobody likes a self-promoter. Teach your children well. We wish your Turtles good luck next year. Win or lose it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Keep a healthy perspective.

Ok dad. If it doesn't matter win or lose then why were the Cuda's and their coach so disappointed when they lost? Because it does matter to these boys and to the program for the - as you say - chest pounding with ads in IL etc. Keep trying the mightier than thou attitude and try to snow somebody else.

Ok dad. If it doesn't matter win or lose then why were the Cuda's and their coach so disappointed when they lost? Because it does matter to these boys and to the program for the - as you say - chest pounding with ads in IL etc. Keep trying the mightier than thou attitude and try to snow somebody else.

Apparently, it matter more to you daddy's than the 15 year olds you are discussing. Pathetic!

Apparently, it matter more to you daddy's than the 15 year olds you are discussing. Pathetic!

The Turtles are not 15!

The Turtles are not 15!

And since their sugar daddy also sponsors the U15 tournament there will be no questioning of birth dates etc. Just trust what the parents say - no 15 year olds. Curious if any eye witnesses at the tournament noticed any teams that seemed to ha more than than a few players that seemed oddly large and physically mature for 14 year olds?

Isn't it common knowledge that Barracudas eat Turtles? C'mon no contest here! Choose your team names better ur represntin!
True, why all the hate for the Cudas? Just keepin it real. The misery in turtle land is mounting as you have to wait a whole year to find out if you can only win this thing against your own year. Imagine if you don't? Wow this is gonna be fun
I guess we dont have to wait a year to see if the the Cudas can win this thing against their own age, THEY CANT! As far as all the hate towards the Cudas you must be kidding.
I guess we dont have to wait a year to see if the the Cudas can win this thing against their own age, THEY CANT! As far as all the hate towards the Cudas you must be kidding.
Did you figure this out all on your own that Cudas don't qualify for u15 next year? By the way did you know that the titanic sunk? Turtles have to wait a whole year and have to wonder if they can win it in their own age group. Tick tick tick tick.....
Did you figure this out all on your own that Cudas don't qualify for u15 next year? By the way did you know that the titanic sunk? Turtles have to wait a whole year and have to wonder if they can win it in their own age group. Tick tick tick tick.....

Maybe you should stay out of the weeds with all those ticks you are finding...

Maybe you should stay out of the weeds with all those ticks you are finding...
Truth stings don't it. That's ok it atleast there is an entire year to let this fester and find out. Don't forget to keep an eye out behind you.
Just call this tournament the "Florida Rising Sophomore Tournament" and then there is no controversy. It's not a national championship, nor is it a U15 tournament.
Just call this tournament the "Florida Rising Sophomore Tournament" and then there is no controversy. It's not a national championship, nor is it a U15 tournament.

I prefer the term Jamboree or Festival rather than Tournament. Think that would fly? smirk

can't argue with stupid - US lacrosse sets the cut off for U15, everybody in the tournament is U15, thus it is a U15 tournament. The tournament has teams from all over the country, every U15 in the country can apply or go to qualifiers so it is open to everyone. they play round robin and the seed the teams and play an elimination until they have a championship....sounds like a U15 national Championship to me

can't argue with stupid - US lacrosse sets the cut off for U15, everybody in the tournament is U15, thus it is a U15 tournament. The tournament has teams from all over the country, every U15 in the country can apply or go to qualifiers so it is open to everyone. they play round robin and the seed the teams and play an elimination until they have a championship....sounds like a U15 national Championship to me

Well said. The reason you don't see some of the better 2016 teams at the U-15 Championship is because this tournment unlike others strctly enforce the U-15 birth dates. The 2016 teams not represented carry older kids and therefore are ineligible. So would have to agree this is the U-15 Championship.
Wrong. Nearly every U15 tournament in the country specifically prohibits any kid who has played HS ball. So, this year, nearly every U15 tournament is filled with age-eligible kids in the Class of 2017 (or younger).

But to make a bigger buck, USL lifts this rule for its own tournament. So to do well, you pretty much have to have, this year, a 2016 team. Which is why the best teams avoid this tournament. 2016 kids want to play in front of college recruiters, not beat up on lesser teams from outlying areas.
Wrong. Nearly every U15 tournament in the country specifically prohibits any kid who has played HS ball. So, this year, nearly every U15 tournament is filled with age-eligible kids in the Class of 2017 (or younger).

But to make a bigger buck, USL lifts this rule for its own tournament. So to do well, you pretty much have to have, this year, a 2016 team. Which is why the best teams avoid this tournament. 2016 kids want to play in front of college recruiters, not beat up on lesser teams from outlying areas.
Once again, another poster mixes concepts.

You cannot discuss U15 and any grade-based structure in the same sentence - they are wholly different. One cannot say "U15 except for High School players" since the concept is inconsistent and certainly not eligible to be policed.

Again, U15 has nothing to do with High School grades, varsity, or graduating class. Why do U-age opponents have such a difficult time grasping this? U15 is exclusively defined to mean players born on or after September 1st, 1997 (as defined for the 2013 tournament). That's it. That's the definition of U15. Period.

BOTC does not understand the concept of the "best teams" not attending this tournament. If the concern is that a given team cannot make the age restrictions imposed by U15 rules, that would mean that the "best teams" from the next younger age group would be attending.

Once again, another poster mixes concepts.

You cannot discuss U15 and any grade-based structure in the same sentence - they are wholly different. One cannot say "U15 except for High School players" since the concept is inconsistent and certainly not eligible to be policed.

Again, U15 has nothing to do with High School grades, varsity, or graduating class. Why do U-age opponents have such a difficult time grasping this? U15 is exclusively defined to mean players born on or after September 1st, 1997 (as defined for the 2013 tournament). That's it. That's the definition of U15. Period.

BOTC does not understand the concept of the "best teams" not attending this tournament. If the concern is that a given team cannot make the age restrictions imposed by U15 rules, that would mean that the "best teams" from the next younger age group would be attending.

Cage,

What about the fact that nearly every U15 tournament specifically prohibits age-eligible U15 kids who finished their freshman year of HS?

Besides the advantages of playing against HS competition, receiving HS instruction, etc., the fact is parents of a HS kid should want their son playing in front of college coaches against kids from their own grade so they can be compared apples to apples.

Why any parent of a 2016 kid would fly down to Florida to play against 2017 teams is beyond me.
What about the fact that nearly every U15 tournament specifically prohibits age-eligible U15 kids who finished their freshman year of HS?
As BOTC has said, the High School freshman restriction simply cannot be enforced. What documentation do you maintain that says you cannot participate? (Documentation requirements always show that a student-athlete IS eligible.)

Therefore, the freshman restriction only serves to undermine the trust that parents have in the age groups and competitions at these tournaments. Who's cheating and who's ethical? How can folks walk around with this crazy "honoring the sport" mantra and not want to close down the biggest source of chicanery in the youth game?

The tournaments that add this High School clause atop their U/15 brackets similarly do not understand the purpose of using U-age brackets. U-age brackets are BIRTH DATE only - period. Birth certificates and passports are used to register the player.

This idea that so many contributors view High School instruction as a critical fulcrum to all other forms of coaching continues to surprise us.
while everybody complains about kids that are "old" for their grade the concept of U15 having not played high school would actually penalize an "age appropriate" 9th grader since he has completed 9th grade, played some level of HS ball and was 14 on September first he would have no place to play except grade based tournaments or U17.
while everybody complains about kids that are "old" for their grade the concept of U15 having not played high school would actually penalize an "age appropriate" 9th grader since he has completed 9th grade, played some level of HS ball and was 14 on September first he would have no place to play except grade based tournaments or U17.

And what's wrong with that? If he's played varsity then he's used to playing against U17 AND U19 kids. Should not be a problem.

Where can one find out information about what U17 tournaments are out there, the teams that participate etc? Seems like so much is focused on U15 - is there an equivalent group of U17 events? Thanks.
Cage did you ever have that conversation about u age groups vs grade. how did that go.

As BOTC has said, the High School freshman restriction simply cannot be enforced. What documentation do you maintain that says you cannot participate? (Documentation requirements always show that a student-athlete IS eligible.)

Therefore, the freshman restriction only serves to undermine the trust that parents have in the age groups and competitions at these tournaments. Who's cheating and who's ethical? How can folks walk around with this crazy "honoring the sport" mantra and not want to close down the biggest source of chicanery in the youth game?

The tournaments that add this High School clause atop their U/15 brackets similarly do not understand the purpose of using U-age brackets. U-age brackets are BIRTH DATE only - period. Birth certificates and passports are used to register the player.

This idea that so many contributors view High School instruction as a critical fulcrum to all other forms of coaching continues to surprise us.
Cage did you ever have that conversation about u age groups vs grade. how did that go.
Scheduled for this Thursday, August 15th. We will report on the meeting after our session.

And what's wrong with that? If he's played varsity then he's used to playing against U17 AND U19 kids. Should not be a problem.

When my son is in HS, I want him playing against HS players in his grade so that college coaches can evaluate him against his peers.

Why would I want to waste my money at a U15 event against middle school kids? Just for a trophy?

Why any parent of a 2016 kid would fly down to Florida to play against 2017 teams is beyond me.

Most of the teams in this tournament are 2016.

Most of the teams in this tournament are 2016.

Again, who cares about the grade. This is an AGE Tournament. Your question should be... Why any parent with a child who is U15 would fly down to Florida to play against other U15's is beyond you.

you are saying varsity and others on here are saying high school, that is a huge difference, if they had the no High School rule then a 14 year old 8th grader that played varsity would be ineligible and if you had a no varsity then a 15 year old sophomore (yes I know one) that played JV would be eligible - some kid who goes to a small school with a weak lacrosse program might be moved up to varsity because of the teams needs and not ability and he would lose his eligibility.

I think they should make a cut off date (maybe September 1st.) and if you are under 15 on that date you are eligible and if you are already 15 on that date you are not.

When my son is in HS, I want him playing against HS players in his grade so that college coaches can evaluate him against his peers.

Why would I want to waste my money at a U15 event against middle school kids? Just for a trophy?
Let's be honest, its just another summer tournament with its own set of rules. The rules state u-15 then any kid who's eligible should qualify no matter what level they play in school. Personally the HS rule makes no sense to me, you want the best teams to come and compete, why punish a kid because he's good enough to play varsity in his town. let all age eligible kids play and have the best teams compete. This wasn't by far the most competitive tournament this summer, but the other sponsors call those tournaments what they want, NSCLA, Crabfeast, etc. I'm sure US lacrosse will tweak it to make it better, but for now its just another tournament with US lacrosse as the sponsor. Lets be honest, there were 5 good teams down there this year, traveling to fla for that isn't worth it, not to mention they charge the families admission to come watch.
The rules are clear and simple. High School players can play in U-15 division only if they are age eligible AND not playing high school lacrosse during that season.

From US Lacrosse rules:
"Players who are participating in any high-school level program such as a high school freshman, JV-B, junior varsity, varsity or club team should not be eligible for U15 competition in the same season."

Therefore, for example, according to US Lacrosse rules any player that participated in the Nat Invite Bob tournament in the 2016 bracket earlier in July was ineligible for the U-15 National Championship.
The rules are clear and simple. High School players can play in U-15 division only if they are age eligible AND not playing high school lacrosse during that season.

From US Lacrosse rules:
"Players who are participating in any high-school level program such as a high school freshman, JV-B, junior varsity, varsity or club team should not be eligible for U15 competition in the same season."

Therefore, for example, according to US Lacrosse rules any player that participated in the Nat Invite Bob tournament in the 2016 bracket earlier in July was ineligible for the U-15 National Championship.

No. What the language says (and what US Lacrosse intended) is that U15 kids who play in HIGH SCHOOL are precluded from playing in any U15 events in the same season as their HS team. In other words, a U15 kid who plays for his HS team cannot play in any U15 events in the SPRING (when his HS team plays), but any other season is fine. It's a loophole USL wrote to allow U15 kids in HS to play for teams who enter the USL U15 Florida lax tournament. Pretty much every other U15 tournament out there in the summer specifically says that U15 kids who have played in HS are NOT eligible.

It's a dumb rule by USL.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum