BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 260 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I mentioned this about a week ago and had one of the mouth breathers on here send me to the “holdback” discussion missing the irony that MadLax is asking for grade verification….NOT age. Using a 9/1/2009 World Series age cut off would exclude half the MadLax 28 team (especially their big guy 47). After all, this is Cabell Maddux…there must be some angle.

Possibly the densest post I’ve seen on this board. Literally the densest. This is not the World Series, it’s not an age-based tournament. Like virtually every other youth lacrosse event, it is grade based. Maybe he’s trying to prevent teams bringing down 2027’s like a particular team from Westchester County did at NAL. If they want to roll in 13 year old kids in 6th grade, that’s their prerogative and well within the rules. Frankly, I’d love it to be age based. But it’s not.

For what it’s worth, with the exception of 47, the ML team is younger than you think. But that’s a moot point, until the teams offer up birth certificates, it’ll continue to be a “they mopped the floor with us, they must all be 13 year old holdbacks.”

From my understanding express N has some World Series eligible 7th graders who play with them. They were told they couldn’t play vs Madlax at the NAL despite them trying to use those players. Even without those players they still pounded Madlax into the ground. Ironic part of this is those 7th graders but are considerably younger than players in the “Madlax 6th grade team”

Sorry Madlax folks, given you have a 2008 on your roster you have zero credibility and have zero respect from many. You can say well we only have one and the rest of the team is younger but that doesn’t matter! It’s like being half pregnant which we know doesn’t exist. You either cheat w ages or you don’t! One player is the same as 10. Best of luck in your powder puff national team tournament.

Hold on a sec. Are you seriously trying to justify 7th graders playing in a 6th grade division?? Man, you are a complete dope. I don’t care if they’re aged 10 or 15. If they’re in 7th grade (2027), why would they be justified playing in a 2028 division? Typically Baltimoron.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not cheating.

Why is that so hard for you to process.

Keep digging 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know that MadLax is requiring proof of age and grade for the Club Nationals tournament? My son is playing in a different age division and nobody has told us to bring proof of anything.
Is this limited to 2028 because of past shenanigans in that class?
And, are they really requiring proof of age? I can understand why they require proof of grade (report card, or similar official document) and actually I wish that tournaments did that more often. But I call BS on requiring proof of age; I have never seen that in a grade based event and don't believe it here either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know that MadLax is requiring proof of age and grade for the Club Nationals tournament? My son is playing in a different age division and nobody has told us to bring proof of anything.
And, are they really requiring proof of age? I can understand why they require proof of grade (report card, or similar official document) and actually I wish that tournaments did that more often. But I call BS on requiring proof of age; I have never seen that in a grade based event and don't believe it here either.

I was asked to fill out a form asking the following questions:
Birth date
Grade
School
Club

Was told to bring a report card. I can’t recall if a birth certificate was required.

Maybe birth year isn’t a requirement but those questions were 100% asked.

Sounds like your son plays for Madlax so your coach already has that information and the form wasn’t sent to you. (Just guessing, obviously I have no idea)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Birth date
Grade
School
Club

Was told to bring a report card. I can’t recall if a birth certificate was required.

Sounds like your son plays for Madlax so your coach already has that information and the form wasn’t sent to you. (Just guessing, obviously I have no idea)

This is all information that should be required for each kid to participate— whether grade based or age based.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Birth date
Grade
School
Club

Sounds like your son plays for Madlax so your coach already has that Iinformation and the form wasn’t sent to you. (Just guessing, obviously I have no idea)

This is all information that should be required for each kid to participate— whether grade based or age based.

It’s interesting, one of the best parts of lax is that you can easily jump on a team and play. Unlike soccer where there are very tight rules about guest playing. The downside is that carding players like in soccer would eliminate the too old kids but also restrict the movement from team to team. My kid is on age and has guest played a lot and it’s been really good for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Birth date
Grade
School
Club

Told to bring a report card by who?

Sounds like you are describing the standard tournament registration that goes out in advance of tournaments everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Birth date
Grade
School
Club

Told to bring a report card by who?

Sounds like you are describing the standard tournament registration that goes out in advance of tournaments everywhere.

5 years of club lacrosse and I’ve never been asked to bring a report card.
Have played in Maryland, Delaware, NJ, LI, up state NY, CT, mass

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t recall if birth certificate was required?

Ok sure.

What club does your son play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never a report card. I agree. And no birth certificate is requested. Again, the FL tournament wants to try and exclude kids out of 6th grade REGARDLESS of age. Sorry but this grade based system is ridiculous. It’s why every other sport uses birthdate not graduation year. .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never a report card. I agree. And no birth certificate is requested. Again, the FL tournament wants to try and exclude kids out of 6th grade REGARDLESS of age. Sorry but this grade based system is ridiculous. It’s why every other sport uses birthdate not graduation year. .

WSYL…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please, except that lacrosse is special and children that go to private schools need some help with competing against other on age players. Let them play down should be the motto.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t recall if birth certificate was required?

Ok sure.

What club does your son play for?

This tournament hasn’t even started yet and I am already dreading it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep getting emails from Lax Ultd and elsewhere about new pad requirements -- has anyone at any tournament or game had anyone check their pads ever? MAYBE a pocket check if particularly fishy or requested by the opposing coach, but pads?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep getting emails from Lax Ultd and elsewhere about new pad requirements -- has anyone at any tournament or game had anyone check their pads ever? MAYBE a pocket check if particularly fishy or requested by the opposing coach, but pads?

D1 isnt your sons future with that attitude

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D1 isnt your sons future with that attitude

The pad rule technically doesn’t start until tomorrow so it’s doubtful that anyone is checking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously dude you/we have had 18 months of CLEAR notifications from vendors, clubs, coaches, etc that this was happening. It should not be a big lift for you to get your kid compliant.

#1 Carry yourself and your son to the closest store and try some on, the most any of them cost is $150, which as we all sadly know, is nothing as far as lacrosse costs. Thinking of the cardboard box of lax heads in my basement........

#2 If you just can't get bold enough to spend the (up to) $150, just get on one of the online vendors and get a cheapo compliant pad which are all running $65-70 with free shipping. Epoch, Maverik and Warrior all have a $64.99 offering, just get it done.

Sheeeeeesh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Earth to BOTC. The club lax circuit doesn't give 2 hoots what US lacrosse thinks about equipment (or hold backs). Now, I think u are an stunad if u don't buy your kid A+ gear, but not wearing the latest and greatest is not an issue. It won't be for decade(s) until it viewed as a real, non prep school, non regional sport. As Metallica said....Sad but True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

Give themselves the easiest bracket in Orlando yet in the championship bracket he took a lower seed to avoid nations best.

Should be Madlax 1 (3-0) vs nations best 4 seed( 2-1)
True national 2 (3-0) vs 91 national 3 seed (2-1)

Instead it’s Madlax vs true national
And 91 national vs nations best

Madlax owner is a total clown!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes of course - it’s Madlax. What a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

Give themselves the easiest bracket in Orlando yet in the championship bracket he took a lower seed to avoid nations best.

You’re clueless. It was always East winner Vs West Winner, North Winner Vs 4 seed. The North bracket had the #1 seed, Express North, who got rolled and didn’t make it out. So technically, Team 91 took the 1 seed into the bracket (head to head with Nations).

The only two undefeated teams are playing in the semis, while 91 and Nations Best are on the other side. Should be two solid games today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

You’re clueless. It was always East winner Vs West Winner, North Winner Vs 4 seed. The North bracket had the #1 seed, Express North, who got rolled and didn’t make it out. So technically, Team 91 took the 1 seed into the bracket (head to head with Nations).

The only two undefeated teams are playing in the semis, while 91 and Nations Best are on the other side. Should be two solid games today.

It wasn't close. Madlax was the bug. True was the windshield. If it wasn't for some meaningless goals by Madlax at the end, would have been a total blowout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

It wasn't close. Madlax was the bug. True was the windshield. If it wasn't for some meaningless goals by Madlax at the end, would have been a total blowout.

Ok guy. It was 3-2, 5-3, and 8-5 final. But toot your horn while you can. Congrats. True kids played well, this dad is a muppet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

Maxlax will eat them alive once Spring and summer ball get here. Eat your cake while you can , True will have a slow descent to a middling team here soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

Ok guy. It was 3-2, 5-3, and 8-5 final. But toot your horn while you can. Congrats. True kids played well, this dad is a muppet

Madlax daddy sounds very bitter with their 3rd place showing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

Bwahahahahah guess Madlax’s ringers from Texas and up north wasn’t enough to beat a lowly undermanned True team. In fact, looks like Madlax only won One tourney championship. The disgust for Madlax down in Florida was STRONG. What a clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

The last time these two teams played (in Vail this summer) Madlax beat them 10-2. Don’t remember Madlax dads popping off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love Madlax!

Bwahahahahah guess Madlax’s ringers from Texas and up north wasn’t enough to beat a lowly undermanned True team. In fact, looks like Madlax only won One tourney championship. The disgust for Madlax down in Florida was STRONG. What a clown.

One thing I can attest to is that most everyone I spoke to was cheering against Madlax in every bracket. The focus on them really has to do with one person not their parents or their obvious holdbacks. Fact if the matter is Madlax owner is a bad person who’s reputation spans coast to coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to assume you weren't actually at the FL event because someone who hates the owner that much wouldn't spend thousands of dollars to go to an out of season tourney. If u actually did go and really feel that way then you are a titanic stunad given Cab is one of the hosts. Just keep paying him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to assume you weren't actually at the FL event because someone who hates the owner that much wouldn't spend thousands of dollars to go to an out of season tourney. If u actually did go and really feel that way then you are a titanic stunad given Cab is one of the hosts. Just keep paying him.

Touché

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True's Green teams attended Vail. Not Black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BEST Attackman in the DMV
#1 NASH PARKER HAWKS
#2 MADLAX ATTACK LINE
#3 GRAYSON PAIK NEXT LEVEL
#4 BLAKE BORG HAWKS
#5 TEDDY ABRAMSON NEXT LEVEL
#6 DANIEL WALSH NEXT LEVEL
#7 BRANDON GREEN MADLAX
#8 WILLIAM NAGEL BLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Madlax is a decent team. Well coached. Good on EMO. Mediocre 6 on 6. Probably 4th best team in the field, nowhere close to WCS or Nations Best. Would have liked to see them play 3d Gulf Coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the 2028 team was not a green team and it's not listed that way in Tourney Machine but that doesn't matter. Teams change over time and kids get older and rosters change. The most recent win is the most important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 NASH PARKER HAWKS
#2 MADLAX ATTACK LINE
#4 BLAKE BORG HAWKS
#7 BRANDON GREEN MADLAX
#8 WILLIAM NAGEL BLC

I'm split 50-50 on whether this was posted by "Nash the Dash's" Extreme Promo Machine Dad, or William Nagel's dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 NASH PARKER HAWKS
#2 MADLAX ATTACK LINE
#4 BLAKE BORG HAWKS
#7 BRANDON GREEN MADLAX
#8 WILLIAM NAGEL BLC

I'm split 50-50 on whether this was posted by "Nash the Dash's" Extreme Promo Machine Dad, or William Nagel's dad.

Appears to be a kids enjoying their snow day… I’m sure a hawks parents actually know how to spell the name of a kid on their own team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 NASH PARKER HAWKS
#2 MADLAX ATTACK LINE
#4 BLAKE BORG HAWKS
#7 BRANDON GREEN MADLAX
#8 WILLIAM NAGEL BLC

They’ve got the next level kids WAAY to high hahahahah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either way, you don’t do your son any favors with a post like this. Grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 NASH PARKER HAWKS
#2 MADLAX ATTACK LINE
#4 BLAKE BORG HAWKS
#7 BRANDON GREEN MADLAX
#8 WILLIAM NAGEL BLC

Appears to be a kids enjoying their snow day… I’m sure a hawks parents actually know how to spell the name of a kid on their own team

What kids know about this board?? Oh right, probably the teenagers on the teams being mentioned on this mid Atlantic thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 NASH PARKER HAWKS
#2 MADLAX ATTACK LINE
#4 BLAKE BORG HAWKS
#7 BRANDON GREEN MADLAX
#8 WILLIAM NAGEL BLC

They’ve got the next level kids WAAY to high hahahahah

This is a post by a kid in a friend group. And it's a good reminder that kids read this message board so adults should act accordingly.

Like Reply Quote
Page 70 of 260 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard