Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do you know that MadLax is requiring proof of age and grade for the Club Nationals tournament? My son is playing in a different age division and nobody has told us to bring proof of anything.
Is this limited to 2028 because of past shenanigans in that class?
And, are they really requiring proof of age? I can understand why they require proof of grade (report card, or similar official document) and actually I wish that tournaments did that more often. But I call BS on requiring proof of age; I have never seen that in a grade based event and don't believe it here either.

I was asked to fill out a form asking the following questions:
Birth date
Grade
School
Club

Was told to bring a report card. I can’t recall if a birth certificate was required.

Maybe birth year isn’t a requirement but those questions were 100% asked.

Sounds like your son plays for Madlax so your coach already has that Iinformation and the form wasn’t sent to you. (Just guessing, obviously I have no idea)

This is all information that should be required for each kid to participate— whether grade based or age based.

It’s interesting, one of the best parts of lax is that you can easily jump on a team and play. Unlike soccer where there are very tight rules about guest playing. The downside is that carding players like in soccer would eliminate the too old kids but also restrict the movement from team to team. My kid is on age and has guest played a lot and it’s been really good for him.