Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 11:05 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:59 AM
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:56 AM
True Annapolis
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:47 AM
Boys 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:38 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts340,949
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 186 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 185 186
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #359216 12/05/21 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UNC,UVA, and Duke camps were always a waste unless you are being directly recruited.

Not true.....where you get your info from is alarming

I know right. If D is good enough and the attending programs agree that camp will get her on radar. It’s almost as if just because you go and say score a few goals well they got to offer you 40% per year plus 40% because you had straight

A’s in 8th grade. Best advice is always aim for some actually attainable programs. Aim for some reach schools as well but don’t bet the house or shall I say her chances at a D1 scholarship on pride. Be honest.

Stanford camp has over 200 girls this weekend 😮

And maybe 5 will get an offer.

Weird I said programs when referring to validity of UNC camp with 10-20 programs attending. I also alluded to parents bringing their daughters to schools they were qualified for. You somehow inferred I meant 200 kids going to Stanford with 8th grade A’s was my support of that.
My message still is valid. I be you attend the 185 college coach 3rd party showcases before 90 coach Team tourneys because of exposure. Weird the before day has more than the actual tournament but ok.

no one is getting offers from those camps. No is getting looked at (especially 8th graders).... No one is being put a radar ....that is laughable... it is fun you get to see some of what is really out there..... and thats about it good luck

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #359218 12/05/21 10:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these rankings are funny
Laxon losing in their tournaments then bumping down to the weakest brackets to win and finishing 116 this fall. The weird thing about them is they picked up every teams cuts. At least the girls get to play on a team that isn’t called a D team.
Then you have top guns black playing in a c-d bracket in Dallas
Liberty is essentially MIA , not even sure if they are actually a real team
91 played teams that can’t even catch and beating them then losing to a team ranked 70th is pretty spot on with the type of play the club thinks they can achieve.
Don’t even get me started on jesters pink, 91 navy, or elevate which should all just take the L and fold now.
Laxon losing in their tournaments then bumping down to the weakest brackets to win and finishing 116 this fall. The weird thing about them is they picked up every teams cuts. At least the girls get to play on a team that isn’t called a D team.
91 played teams that can’t even catch and beating them then losing to a team ranked 70th is pretty spot on with the type of play the club thinks they can achieve.
Don’t even get me started on jesters pink, 91 navy, or elevate which should all just take the L and fold now.

This post is hilarious. What in the world provoked you to post this ?

It’s the BOTC Jester entertaining us again.
Thank you for making us laugh and acting the fool.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359220 12/05/21 10:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a good percent to get offered from a college for lacrosse?

I’m assuming you are a HS player so I’ll break it down like this. If you are one of the best players on your HS varsity team as a sophomore and one of the best players on your club team and assuming that both of these teams are highly competitive, you might get some D1 offers come fall of junior year. The great thing about lacrosse is that there are hundreds of college programs from D1 to club, so there is usually a path for almost any HS player to play college lacrosse. My advice would be to focus on academic first then lacrosse second because your odds of getting an academic scholarship are about 100 times more likely than one for athletics. Good luck!

Pretty spot on!

Also beware, not all colleges stack academic and athletic, and Ivy and patriot league don’t give athletic.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359228 12/06/21 03:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They insult the jesters in that post seems like a YJ or Legacy parent

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359232 12/06/21 08:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is not on jesters pink pride sorry to disappoint

Just shedding some light on those b teams and “A” teams that are actually b teams

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #359241 12/06/21 09:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol
Nice try
Worry about your own circus

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359245 12/06/21 10:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every mentioned except for Jesters Black???

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359249 12/06/21 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn’t mention YJ, Legacy, Jesters Black, Elevate,Empire etc etc. I know exactly who you’re suggesting it is but she coaches the A and B 24 teams.

Last edited by JimSection1; 12/06/21 10:47 AM. Reason: belligerent
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359253 12/06/21 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My money is on a YJ B or C team dad. Neither team mentioned in the original rant. I'm sure we will never know though.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359254 12/06/21 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a good percent to get offered from a college for lacrosse?

I’m assuming you are a HS player so I’ll break it down like this. If you are one of the best players on your HS varsity team as a sophomore and one of the best players on your club team and assuming that both of these teams are highly competitive, you might get some D1 offers come fall of junior year. The great thing about lacrosse is that there are hundreds of college programs from D1 to club, so there is usually a path for almost any HS player to play college lacrosse. My advice would be to focus on academic first then lacrosse second because your odds of getting an academic scholarship are about 100 times more likely than one for athletics. Good luck!

Pretty spot on!

Also beware, not all colleges stack academic and athletic, and Ivy and patriot league don’t give athletic.

Not exactly accurate with respect to Patriot League schools.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #359255 12/06/21 10:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you get a personal invite, ( the "we cant contact you directly but")... and teams are sniffing around your sports recruit bio at least 2 or more times, and they have seen you play, perhaps it should be considered that you go. Camps are a way to pay assistant coaches to stay at top programs, perhaps your child will be at a program and has a relationship with an assistant that is going to want to make more money, its a necessary part of the business. To retain services of assistant it cost money.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359258 12/06/21 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My money is on a YJ B or C team dad. Neither team mentioned in the original rant. I'm sure we will never know though.

Nah , I think we know.
you are working too hard at trying to cover it up.
How long before you start promoting yourself again?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #359260 12/06/21 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough, can we get back to college/recruiting information and advice. Hopefully, from some who have been through the process with their older kids! Thanks to all who have been and continue sharing that information. I appreciate it, and look to this forum for helpful and knowledgeable advice. So, thank you!! smile

Girls are 2024s now, time to move on from team bashing and worry about getting your kid in a position to find a good college situation. Prob. too late to be moving teams now anyways. No point in bashing each others teams. Hopefully all the LI girls find great schools to attend. Everyone’s journey is different!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359268 12/06/21 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough, can we get back to college/recruiting information and advice. Hopefully, from some who have been through the process with their older kids! Thanks to all who have been and continue sharing that information. I appreciate it, and look to this forum for helpful and knowledgeable advice. So, thank you!! smile

Girls are 2024s now, time to move on from team bashing and worry about getting your kid in a position to find a good college situation. Prob. too late to be moving teams now anyways. No point in bashing each others teams. Hopefully all the LI girls find great schools to attend. Everyone’s journey is different!

agreed

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359269 12/06/21 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to the Vanderbilt camp, was good about 80 girls from all over Clinic in morning and 5 v 5 Tourney to finish up

Like Reply Quote
Page 87 of 186 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 185 186
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard