BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 34 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Depends on how you define Top program. Many girls, especially from private schools, are only targeting top academic schools which is Duke, Stanford, Candy Hopkins, Ivy, Patriot league and a few others. Without knowing girls, its hard to say how many had top 20 offers.

For instance our club just had a girl turn down offers from Syracuse and Florida to go to Davidson. Another turned down Penn State and Stony Brook to go to Lehigh. Remember not all girls are trying to get the best lax school, they are looking for the best school

No way anyone turns down Penn State or SB for Lehigh. That’s actually funny! Also Florida for Davidson?? You definitely do not know what actually happened. Stop making up nonsense.

There are also no girls who have “outstanding offers” and have not decided. From hear on out, we will see girls commit to lower programs. A rare girl may still commit to a top 15, but not many[/quote]

To each her own.... but to try and bash schools like Florida, Penn State or Syracuse is simply foolish, all are excellent schools. Below has been posted previously but I think it is worth the Cut and Paste for this discussion. Personally I like the last ranking because it is not based on any particular industry. However, I'm sure the grads from the schools that put the most grads into Finance, Consulting and Tech also do a great job across the board in just about all industries. Pretty sure I don't see Davidson or Lehigh on any of the lists.

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships

--- "A lot of the schools listed below have Varsity Women's Lacrosse....

While I believe it's great for a kid to go to The Best school it is Best to go to Right (best fit) school.

Every kid is different and every school is different and every program is different. Help your sons and or daughters find the best fit.

-- "Below are some rankings of where some of the Major Players in Investment Banking, Consulting and Big Tech hire from "Target Schools". Just want to point out the opportunities Lacrosse can provide for our children. The rankings are primarily in order of "number undergraduate hires" from each school from 2014 - 2019.

Not knocking or touting any schools, just pointing out that Lacrosse can help get our children into many of the feeder schools that many companies recruit from.

Not every kid knows what career path they want to pursue so choosing a school that can open as many doors as possible is very important. In many cases, it will be the school "name recognition and or prestige" that will help get their foot in the door with an interview (lacrosse connections help as well).

Yes, I know there are a lot of great schools that are not on any of the lists....

Investment Banking: at the top firms (2014 - 2019)

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

Consulting: at the top firms (2014 - 2020)

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
23 - Washington Uni St. Louis
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
27 - Uni Southern California
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

1 University of California, Berkeley
2 Stanford University
3 Carnegie Mellon University
4 University of Southern California
5 The University of Texas at Austin
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8 San Jose State University
9 University of California, San Diego
10 Arizona State University
11 University of Michigan
12 University of California, Los Angeles
13 North Carolina State University
14 California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
15 Cornell University
16 University of Waterloo (Canada)
17 Texas A&M University
18 University of Washington
19 Purdue University
20 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
21 Santa Clara University
22 University of Phoenix
23 University of California, Santa Barbara
24 University of California, Davis
25 Penn State University

Here is some additional food for thought... Link to article at the bottom

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
7 - University of Cal. Berkeley
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
18 - Carnegie Mellon University
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
21 - Claremont McKenna College
22 - Arizona State
23 - California Institute of Technology
24 - University of Maryland
25 - North Carolina State
26 - University of Cal. San Diego
27 - Florida
28 - University of Cal. Davis
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/ --- "

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What schools have completed their recruiting for 2023's .... how do you find out? Trying to steer my daughter who has not yet committed into the right direction and at this point don't want her to focus on schools that are finished...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What schools have completed their recruiting for 2023's .... how do you find out? Trying to steer my daughter who has not yet committed into the right direction and at this point don't want her to focus on schools that are finished...

I don’t believe that there is any definitive source that can provide that type of information.

Back of the Cage, Laxbytes and Inside Lacrosse all have databases where you can see where players have committed, they can give you a general idea of how many commits schools have.

I would go the NCAA women’s lacrosse website, click on rankings and select RPI for DI, DII and DIII. That will tell you every school that offers women’s lacrosse. I would then create a list of every school that your daughter might like to attend. From there I would reach out to all of the coaches at the schools on the list. I would ask her club coach/director, HS Coach and anyone else that you know who has a relationship with the college coaches to reach out.

If your daughter does not get any interest I would revise the list and repeat the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on how you define Top program. Many girls, especially from private schools, are only targeting top academic schools which is Duke, Stanford, Candy Hopkins, Ivy, Patriot league and a few others. Without knowing girls, its hard to say how many had top 20 offers.

For instance our club just had a girl turn down offers from Syracuse and Florida to go to Davidson. Another turned down Penn State and Stony Brook to go to Lehigh. Remember not all girls are trying to get the best lax school, they are looking for the best school

No way anyone turns down Penn State or SB for Lehigh. That’s actually funny! Also Florida for Davidson?? You definitely do not know what actually happened. Stop making up nonsense.

There are also no girls who have “outstanding offers” and have not decided. From hear on out, we will see girls commit to lower programs. A rare girl may still commit to a top 15, but not many

Not the poster, so I have no knowledge that this actually happened (girls turning down Penn State and Florida), but I can definitely see it. The schools they referenced are certainly academically superior. I am seeing more and more these days, players making decisions like this. If you are concerned with playing on a “decent” lax program you go penn State. If you want to better set your self up for the rest of your life through academics , you go Lehigh, no question. PSU is a huge state school with a 78% acceptance rate, you do not need lacrosse to get you in there. Florida definitely a closer call academically with Davidson as an example and also a bigger spread from a lacrosse standpoint. But It is sad to see parents who just don’t get it, and worse have their kids thinking the same way and are blinded to the future.[/quote]

I am also not the original poster, so no personal knowledge about these players, but I can believe occasionally players turn down a PSU or UF for a Lehigh or Davidson. I would not say those schools are academically superior to top publics, especially when you factor in return on investment for tuition, but certainly a different academic experience due to smaller size and setting which could be superior for certain people. All are good schools, but not every kid will thrive at a large college town campus. Kudos to those who have that awareness when selecting a college instead of simply picking what others will judge as most impressive. I know Florida in particularly offers some spots with no money or only book money (not saying their top recruits aren't getting meaningful money, but not all do especially with 40+ on a roster), and some players would rather drop down to lower ranked program with a generous athletic scholarship, indicating she is a player the coaches really value and want. The important thing is to pick a school and lacrosse program for the right reasons, and those reasons vary for every player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are also no girls who have “outstanding offers” and have not decided. From hear on out, we will see girls commit to lower programs. A rare girl may still commit to a top 15, but not many

To each her own.... but to try and bash schools like Florida, Penn State or Syracuse is simply foolish, all are excellent schools. Below has been posted previously but I think it is worth the Cut and Paste for this discussion. Personally I like the last ranking because it is not based on any particular industry. However, I'm sure the grads from the schools that put the most grads into Finance, Consulting and Tech also do a great job across the board in just about all industries. Pretty sure I don't see Davidson or Lehigh on any of the lists.

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships

--- "A lot of the schools listed below have Varsity Women's Lacrosse....

While I believe it's great for a kid to go to The Best school it is Best to go to Right (best fit) school.

Every kid is different and every school is different and every program is different. Help your sons and or daughters find the best fit.

-- "Below are some rankings of where some of the Major Players in Investment Banking, Consulting and Big Tech hire from "Target Schools". Just want to point out the opportunities Lacrosse can provide for our children. The rankings are primarily in order of "number undergraduate hires" from each school from 2014 - 2019.

Not knocking or touting any schools, just pointing out that Lacrosse can help get our children into many of the feeder schools that many companies recruit from.

Not every kid knows what career path they want to pursue so choosing a school that can open as many doors as possible is very important. In many cases, it will be the school "name recognition and or prestige" that will help get their foot in the door with an interview (lacrosse connections help as well).

Yes, I know there are a lot of great schools that are not on any of the lists....

Investment Banking: at the top firms (2014 - 2019)

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

Consulting: at the top firms (2014 - 2020)

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
23 - Washington Uni St. Louis
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
27 - Uni Southern California
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

1 University of California, Berkeley
2 Stanford University
3 Carnegie Mellon University
4 University of Southern California
5 The University of Texas at Austin
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8 San Jose State University
9 University of California, San Diego
10 Arizona State University
11 University of Michigan
12 University of California, Los Angeles
13 North Carolina State University
14 California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
15 Cornell University
16 University of Waterloo (Canada)
17 Texas A&M University
18 University of Washington
19 Purdue University
20 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
21 Santa Clara University
22 University of Phoenix
23 University of California, Santa Barbara
24 University of California, Davis
25 Penn State University

Here is some additional food for thought... Link to article at the bottom

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
22 - Arizona State
27 - Florida
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/ --- "[/quote]

I would define Top Programs as the programs that are consistently Top 10 - 20 over the past 5 - 10 years, not programs that finish ranked every once in a while.

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
JMU
Penn State
USC
Stanford
Duke

Loyola and Hopkins are probably right there as well. Michigan on the rise the past couple of years. I do not think any other schools really fall in the category of consistently finishing the season ranked in the Top 20. You will not find too many truly top tier recruits going outside that list. Does it happen? Yes, but it is rare.

They are all very good to great schools with excellent lacrosse programs. Obviously many of the best lacrosse schools are on the lists above.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the methodology used to develop these rankings:

Link - https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/

--- "These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
22 - Arizona State
27 - Florida
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical --- "

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the poster, so I have no knowledge that this actually happened (girls turning down Penn State and Florida), but I can definitely see it. The schools they referenced are certainly academically superior. I am seeing more and more these days, players making decisions like this. If you are concerned with playing on a “decent” lax program you go penn State. If you want to better set your self up for the rest of your life through academics , you go Lehigh, no question. PSU is a huge state school with a 78% acceptance rate, you do not need lacrosse to get you in there. Florida definitely a closer call academically with Davidson as an example and also a bigger spread from a lacrosse standpoint. But It is sad to see parents who just don’t get it, and worse have their kids thinking the same way and are blinded to the future.[/quote]

Lol, Penn State is literally ranked the same as Lehigh. Where did you come up with 78% acceptance. Flat out incorrect. Penn State is a much more desirable school for most, due to the atmosphere, facilities, alumni network, and better lax. Trust me, parents and kids get it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money magazine's ranking is also a good resource for evaluating academic quality balanced with cost and return (earnings) after college. Lots of good lacrosse options in the top 50 - many of the academically selective D1 schools you'd expect (ivies, Stanford, Duke) plus some good D3 options, as well as public universities like Michigan, UVA, UF, UNC, Va Tech, JMU and UConn that have good to excellent lacrosse programs. These lists can be a good starting point for comparing offers and opportunities, but every school is a good fit for someone and there are very happy and successful people who did not attend top ranked universities.

https://money.com/best-colleges/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares what mom has to say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares what mom has to say

Thanks, that was helpful.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a handful of players ( 4-8 ) from any club will receive offers from Top College Programs.[/quote]

For instance our club just had a girl turn down offers from Syracuse and Florida to go to Davidson. Another turned down Penn State and Stony Brook to go to Lehigh. Remember not all girls are trying to get the best lax school, they are looking for the best school[/quote]

Most people would define "Top Program" as a program that always ends up finishing the season ranked in the top 20. Most of those programs also happen to be excellent academic schools as well. As for your statement "Many girls, especially from private schools, are only targeting top academic schools which is Duke, Stanford, Candy Hopkins, Ivy, Patriot league and a few others." is just silly. Just about every player and their parents try to use lacrosse to get into a school that they would not be able to get into on their own (or to get some financial help). If student athletes are in fact turning down offers from Florida, Syracuse, Penn State and Stony Brook in order to accept offers from Davidson and Lehigh academics is not the reason.

There have always been parents on here (as well as on the sidelines, at cocktail parties, at the club or the local pub) trying to justify why their child did not go to one of the perineal lacrosse powers. In my experience, many times they use academics as the reason which is laughable. The reality is that very few of the best players choose to go outside the top lacrosse programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida is way better academically than Lehigh (look at US News and World reports), Davidson is a decentish liberal arts college but not that difficult to get into. This is fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the poster, so I have no knowledge that this actually happened (girls turning down Penn State and Florida), but I can definitely see it. The schools they referenced are certainly academically superior. I am seeing more and more these days, players making decisions like this. If you are concerned with playing on a “decent” lax program you go penn State. If you want to better set your self up for the rest of your life through academics , you go Lehigh, no question. PSU is a huge state school with a 78% acceptance rate, you do not need lacrosse to get you in there. Florida definitely a closer call academically with Davidson as an example and also a bigger spread from a lacrosse standpoint. But It is sad to see parents who just don’t get it, and worse have their kids thinking the same way and are blinded to the future.

Florida is way better academically than Lehigh (look at US News and World reports), Davidson is a decentish liberal arts college but not that difficult to get into. This is fake news.[/quote]

Splitting hairs, they are all good schools. Every kid is different, every school is different, every lacrosse program is different, just hope your daughter finds the best fit.

The original post on the topic was by someone who wants people to believe that there are many top notch players who have the opportunity to go to a Top 20 / perineal power I.e. Florida, Syracuse, Penn State, Stony Brook etc… but they put academics first therefore the athletes choose to go to schools such as Lehigh and Davidson because they believe those schools are somehow superior academically which they are not.

If a top notch lacrosse player wants great academics they can certainly find them at Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Northwestern, Hopkins, Notre Dame etc…
The reality is that the large majority of the best players do in fact choose to go to the schools with perineal Top 20 lacrosse programs.

Some parents find it necessary to try to justify why their daughter is not going to one of the best programs, many times they use academics as the reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What planet are you from. Lehigh is much better school , smaller harder to get in ,higher SAT/GPA needed. Davidson is also good academic school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ConnectLax has data about school selectivity and admission rates; doesn't touch on academic quality. Here is the data on the five schools mentioned above:

Penn State - selectivity 3/10, admission rate 76% (this is the least selective school of the five)
Stony Brook - selectivity 9/10, admission rate 44%
Florida - selectivity 9/10, admission rate 37%
Lehigh - selectivity 9/10, admission rate 32%
Davidson - 10/10, admission rate 18%

I have no affiliation with any of these schools, but I have lived in North Carolina and know what an excellent reputation Davidson has and how difficult it is to get in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What planet are you from. Lehigh is much better school , smaller harder to get in ,higher SAT/GPA needed. Davidson is also good academic school.

I’m from Earth, you sound like you’re from Uranus. Facts:

Florida is ranked #28, is “most selective” and admits 30%

Lehigh is ranked #49 is “more selective”and admits 50%

Florida is also a much more desirable school with a great atmosphere and big football.

Please stop with Lehigh!

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not knocking Lehigh or Davidson but most of the student athletes who are strong enough to receive offers from the best lacrosse programs choose to go to one of those programs. The programs below consistently outperform the other 100 or so programs. The logical conclusion is these programs consistently bring in the best players. Most student athletes would choose one of the programs listed over Lehigh or Davidson for both academics as well as lacrosse.
Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
JMU
Penn State
USC
Stanford
Duke
Hopkins
Loyola

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry fake news expert this is not fake news..the real fake news is on your oan so called network go back and read something.. not just USNWR… maybe test scores are ( but nothing more than) slightly higher for UF, maybe not, but how about student: faculty ratio? Are you at all familiar with the concept of “yield”? Here let me keep you: yield is the percent admitted students who accept the offer to attend.. it’s much MUCH higher for lehigh Davison vs PSU UF. Read about it on non-fake news. How about percent who ACTUALLY GRADUATE WITHIN 4 years? It’s college right, not pro lacrosse farm league right? What do grads go on to earn in general post graduation? More on reality- only a fraction of lax players are cut out for the top of the top schools.. I know this because my kid is busting hers at a school full of valedictorians and salutatorians busting their humps in stem classes just to pass.
50% acceptance ratio with a 30% or less yield is not outstanding academics-there are literally OVER A THOUSAND us universities with these kinda admission stats.
Finally can you look up “perineal”? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m from Earth, you sound like you’re from Uranus. Facts:

Florida is ranked #28, is “most selective” and admits 30%

Lehigh is ranked #49 is “more selective”and admits 50%

Florida is also a much more desirable school with a great atmosphere and big football.

Please stop with Lehigh!

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges

“ I’m from Earth, you sound like you’re from Uranus. Facts:”

Now that’s funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry fake news expert this is not fake news..the real fake news is on your oan so called network go back and read something.. not just USNWR… maybe test scores are ( but nothing more than) slightly higher for UF, maybe not, but how about student: faculty ratio? Are you at all familiar with the concept of “yield”? Here let me keep you: yield is the percent admitted students who accept the offer to attend.. it’s much MUCH higher for lehigh Davison vs PSU UF. Read about it on non-fake news. How about percent who ACTUALLY GRADUATE WITHIN 4 years? It’s college right, not pro lacrosse farm league right? What do grads go on to earn in general post graduation? More on reality- only a fraction of lax players are cut out for the top of the top schools.. I know this because my kid is busting hers at a school full of valedictorians and salutatorians busting their humps in stem classes just to pass.
50% acceptance ratio with a 30% or less yield is not outstanding academics-there are literally OVER A THOUSAND us universities with these kinda admission stats.

Not the poster that you are responding to but I'm pretty sure "Auto Correct" is playing a role on the spelling.

As for the quality of academics at the schools being discussed they are all very good schools.

That said, few if any top tier lacrosse players will choose Lehigh or Davidson over the other options that are usually presented to that caliber of player. They are good schools but please stop trying to tout them as significantly stronger academically than the other schools mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UF “ most selective” at #30?!! I say u can’t read, or your missing some things.. off the top my head I can think of 50 colleges more selective than 30%!!!!! If I took the time I’d come up with ONE HUNDRED more selective colleges and universities! 4yr graduation rates are almost always much higher at small to mid private Unis.
No (generally) public schools offer need based aid to OOS students, so the fight for your kids part of the 12 scholarships, plus the high OOS costs, when compared to generous aid and equal in state and OOS costs at privates make is understandable that a top player might go lower level lax private.
UF/ PSU lover you’re also leaving out the mental health aspect of big colleges…
There definitely a place for big public universities, and neither school is bad, and both lax programs are really good, but how the big schools prepare girls for life, get them into something they’re passionate about, helping them find their passion, and striving for balance academically and athletically is what really matters.. unless pro wlax really takes on!!
Youranus spins on its side

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do so enjoy a good libtard rage. Grammar and punctuation go right out the window! Along with common sense and human decency.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UF “ most selective” at #30?!! I say u can’t read, or your missing some things.. off the top my head I can think of 50 colleges more selective than 30%!!!!! If I took the time I’d come up with ONE HUNDRED more selective colleges and universities! 4yr graduation rates are almost always much higher at small to mid private Unis.
No (generally) public schools offer need based aid to OOS students, so the fight for your kids part of the 12 scholarships, plus the high OOS costs, when compared to generous aid and equal in state and OOS costs at privates make is understandable that a top player might go lower level lax private.
There definitely a place for big public universities, and neither school is bad, and both lax programs are really good, but how the big schools prepare girls for life, get them into something they’re passionate about, helping them find their passion, and striving for balance academically and athletically is what really matters.. unless pro wlax really takes on!!

You're all nuts... this is really how you spend your free time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is too funny. Totally opinion based. But since you feel you are an authority please go into further detail about "the mental health aspect of big colleges". This I got to hear!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think folks may be confusing outstanding offers with contingent ones. There are some girls who have told girls we will offer you if you can get xx GPA this semester or YY on the SAT/ACT. These are usually borderline admits which the coach can't get admissions behind to offer. Big difference between this and having girls just collecting offers waiting to decide. We have multiple girls who are in this situation (one with Ivy, another with a quasi-Ivy).

Now if these contingent girls don't quality that opens up spots for others in the spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Below is the post that started the discussion….

————————————-/——-/———————————————

“ Depends on how you define Top program. Many girls, especially from private schools, are only targeting top academic schools which is Duke, Stanford, Candy Hopkins, Ivy, Patriot league and a few others. Without knowing girls, its hard to say how many had top 20 offers.

For instance our club just had a girl turn down offers from Syracuse and Florida to go to Davidson. Another turned down Penn State and Stony Brook to go to Lehigh. Remember not all girls are trying to get the best lax school, they are looking for the best school.”

———————————————————////————————-//-/////—————————

The author stated that “many” girls “especially those from private schools” were only interested in “top academic schools” and proceeded to name some schools and conferences and dropped Patriot League schools in as if they are on par with The Ivy’s, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt and Hopkins which they of course are not.

The author then implied that there were players from their club that had offers from Florida, Syracuse, Penn State and Stony Brook but decided to commit to Lehigh and Davidson because they are stronger academically than the other schools mentioned (and on the same level as The Ivy’s, Duke, Stanford, Vanderbilt and Hopkins).

The original premise is foolish and based on 2 individuals and is certainly not indicative of the decisions made by the majority of the best HS players. The large majority of the best HS players (as identified by the coaches at the best college programs) commit to Top 20 caliber programs most of which are superior academically to Lehigh and Davidson.

Lehigh and Davidson are good schools but they are not on the same level as Princeton, Penn, Dartmouth, Brown, Yale, Columbia, Harvard, Cornell, Stanford, Duke, Hopkins, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Michigan, Virginia, Georgetown, North Carolina, Berkeley, USC, Boston College etc…

The original post was trying to imply that Lehigh and Davidson are high end academic institutions similar to the schools listed above and that they, academically superior to schools like Florida, Syracuse, Penn State and Stony Brook.

The reality is that the best players always have many options available to them and very few of those players choose Lehigh or Davidson over any of the traditional powers most of which are stronger both academics and athletics/women’s lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think folks may be confusing outstanding offers with contingent ones. There are some girls who have told girls we will offer you if you can get xx GPA this semester or YY on the SAT/ACT. These are usually borderline admits which the coach can't get admissions behind to offer. Big difference between this and having girls just collecting offers waiting to decide. We have multiple girls who are in this situation (one with Ivy, another with a quasi-Ivy).

Now if these contingent girls don't quality that opens up spots for others in the spring

What exactly is a “quasi-Ivy”?

Also, are the student athletes who have to improve their grades/scores top recruits for the schools or are they recruits that the coach is using to bump the Academic Index up? There is a difference (at least at the Ivy’s) and at other schools is the coach not willing to use a slot? Is the coach waiting to see it the kid can get in on her own? Again, there is a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're all nuts... this is really how you spend your free time?
^THIS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

/quote]

School outside the Ivy League, but still has well above average academic standards for its athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, are the student athletes who have to improve their grades/scores top recruits for the schools or are they recruits that the coach is using to bump the Academic Index up? There is a difference (at least at the Ivy’s) and at other schools is the coach not willing to use a slot? Is the coach waiting to see it the kid can get in on her own? Again, there is a difference.

In the examples I gave, these are kids who were not at the top of the recruiting class, but still solid enough players that the coach is willing to hold some $$ to see if they improve to meet with academic index/ athletic admissions requirements.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply to the claim… “No way anyone turns down Penn State or SB for Lehigh. That’s actually funny! Also Florida for Davidson?? You definitely do not know what actually happened. Stop making up nonsense.“

So through this whole discussion, and all the claims and opinions stated, this is really the only statement I have a problem with. Everyone has opinions and makers their decisions based on them. The above so easily could have happened, as plainly seen from all the discussion that followed. Just because you or “your daughter” would never choose this path, certainly does not mean nobody else’s would. Wether any of these are good or bad decisions or choices, everyone makes their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply to the claim… “No way anyone turns down Penn State or SB for Lehigh. That’s actually funny! Also Florida for Davidson?? You definitely do not know what actually happened. Stop making up nonsense.“

So through this whole discussion, and all the claims and opinions stated, this is really the only statement I have a problem with. Everyone has opinions and makers their decisions based on them. The above so easily could have happened, as plainly seen from all the discussion that followed. Just because you or “your daughter” would never choose this path, certainly does not mean nobody else’s would. Wether any of these are good or bad decisions or choices, everyone makes their own.

Agree, to each her own. However, the original post was not about choice, it was intend to convey the message that Florida, Syracuse, Penn State, Stony Brook are inferior to Lehigh and Davidson academically. The post was also intended to push the narrative that “Many” girls who have offers from the traditional power programs are not accepting those offers because they are prioritizing academics over Lacrosse. There was definitely an agenda to the original post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PSU and UF coaches are very much on the hot seat. We we’re warned by our recruiting director to be careful. Rarely is it good to be the player recruited by the former coach. With these particular schools for a 23 could see it girls choosing a different rout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PSU and UF coaches are very much on the hot seat. We we’re warned by our recruiting director to be careful. Rarely is it good to be the player recruited by the former coach. With these particular schools for a 23 could see it girls choosing a different rout.

Two great schools, if a student athlete is presented with the opportunity to go to either school and everything else about the schooling the lacrosse program is a good fit I would not advise my daughter to shy away because there could possibly be a coaching change. There are coaching changes every year. IMHO there are many other factors to consider, who will be coaching the team in the future is not something an athlete can control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two great schools, if a student athlete is presented with the opportunity to go to either school and everything else about the schooling the lacrosse program is a good fit I would not advise my daughter to shy away because there could possibly be a coaching change. There are coaching changes every year. IMHO there are many other factors to consider, who will be coaching the team in the future is not something an athlete can control.

Maybe can’t control it %100 but can certainly not go somewhere when you know the situation exists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cmon....Such nonsense. Hopkins, Princeton, possibly Navy and probably a number of other coaches will be retiring/leaving for other positions. Syracuse changed coaches this year. If your "recruiting director" told you that... I would be looking for another "recruiting director" as your current one appears incompetent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cmon....Such nonsense. Hopkins, Princeton, possibly Navy and probably a number of other coaches will be retiring/leaving for other positions. Syracuse changed coaches this year. If your "recruiting director" told you that... I would be looking for another "recruiting director" as your current one appears incompetent.

There are coaching changes all the time. To not consider a school because there could possibly be a coaching change is a bit narrow minded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches don't have to renew schollys so having a new coach that doesnt like your D is an issue. It is not a great look but teams like SBU and Fla Tech have done this in past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches don't have to renew schollys so having a new coach that doesnt like your D is an issue. It is not a great look but teams like SBU and Fla Tech have done this in past.

Then your "D" is is a bench player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then your "D" is is a bench player.

Why post such a worthless statement? Just go back to the miserable existence you call a life.

Page 31 of 34 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard