Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 07:02 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 07:00 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 06:50 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 06:48 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 06:40 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,147
Posts340,478
Members2,460
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 91 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 90 91
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #358675 11/30/21 10:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What planet are you from. Lehigh is much better school , smaller harder to get in ,higher SAT/GPA needed. Davidson is also good academic school.

I’m from Earth, you sound like you’re from Uranus. Facts:

Florida is ranked #28, is “most selective” and admits 30%

Lehigh is ranked #49 is “more selective”and admits 50%

Florida is also a much more desirable school with a great atmosphere and big football.

Please stop with Lehigh!

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #358676 11/30/21 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What planet are you from. Lehigh is much better school , smaller harder to get in ,higher SAT/GPA needed. Davidson is also good academic school.

Not knocking Lehigh or Davidson but most of the student athletes who are strong enough to receive offers from the best lacrosse programs choose to go to one of those programs. The programs below consistently outperform the other 100 or so programs. The logical conclusion is these programs consistently bring in the best players. Most student athletes would choose one of the programs listed over Lehigh or Davidson for both academics as well as lacrosse.
Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
JMU
Penn State
USC
Stanford
Duke
Hopkins
Loyola

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358677 11/30/21 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry fake news expert this is not fake news..the real fake news is on your oan so called network go back and read something.. not just USNWR… maybe test scores are ( but nothing more than) slightly higher for UF, maybe not, but how about student: faculty ratio? Are you at all familiar with the concept of “yield”? Here let me keep you: yield is the percent admitted students who accept the offer to attend.. it’s much MUCH higher for lehigh Davison vs PSU UF. Read about it on non-fake news. How about percent who ACTUALLY GRADUATE WITHIN 4 years? It’s college right, not pro lacrosse farm league right? What do grads go on to earn in general post graduation? More on reality- only a fraction of lax players are cut out for the top of the top schools.. I know this because my kid is busting hers at a school full of valedictorians and salutatorians busting their humps in stem classes just to pass.
50% acceptance ratio with a 30% or less yield is not outstanding academics-there are literally OVER A THOUSAND us universities with these kinda admission stats.
Finally can you look up “perineal”? Lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358679 11/30/21 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m from Earth, you sound like you’re from Uranus. Facts:

Florida is ranked #28, is “most selective” and admits 30%

Lehigh is ranked #49 is “more selective”and admits 50%

Florida is also a much more desirable school with a great atmosphere and big football.

Please stop with Lehigh!

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges

“ I’m from Earth, you sound like you’re from Uranus. Facts:”

Now that’s funny!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358681 11/30/21 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry fake news expert this is not fake news..the real fake news is on your oan so called network go back and read something.. not just USNWR… maybe test scores are ( but nothing more than) slightly higher for UF, maybe not, but how about student: faculty ratio? Are you at all familiar with the concept of “yield”? Here let me keep you: yield is the percent admitted students who accept the offer to attend.. it’s much MUCH higher for lehigh Davison vs PSU UF. Read about it on non-fake news. How about percent who ACTUALLY GRADUATE WITHIN 4 years? It’s college right, not pro lacrosse farm league right? What do grads go on to earn in general post graduation? More on reality- only a fraction of lax players are cut out for the top of the top schools.. I know this because my kid is busting hers at a school full of valedictorians and salutatorians busting their humps in stem classes just to pass.
50% acceptance ratio with a 30% or less yield is not outstanding academics-there are literally OVER A THOUSAND us universities with these kinda admission stats.

Not the poster that you are responding to but I'm pretty sure "Auto Correct" is playing a role on the spelling.

As for the quality of academics at the schools being discussed they are all very good schools.

That said, few if any top tier lacrosse players will choose Lehigh or Davidson over the other options that are usually presented to that caliber of player. They are good schools but please stop trying to tout them as significantly stronger academically than the other schools mentioned.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358685 11/30/21 11:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UF “ most selective” at #30?!! I say u can’t read, or your missing some things.. off the top my head I can think of 50 colleges more selective than 30%!!!!! If I took the time I’d come up with ONE HUNDRED more selective colleges and universities! 4yr graduation rates are almost always much higher at small to mid private Unis.
No (generally) public schools offer need based aid to OOS students, so the fight for your kids part of the 12 scholarships, plus the high OOS costs, when compared to generous aid and equal in state and OOS costs at privates make is understandable that a top player might go lower level lax private.
UF/ PSU lover you’re also leaving out the mental health aspect of big colleges…
There definitely a place for big public universities, and neither school is bad, and both lax programs are really good, but how the big schools prepare girls for life, get them into something they’re passionate about, helping them find their passion, and striving for balance academically and athletically is what really matters.. unless pro wlax really takes on!!
Youranus spins on its side

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358696 11/30/21 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do so enjoy a good libtard rage. Grammar and punctuation go right out the window! Along with common sense and human decency.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358700 11/30/21 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UF “ most selective” at #30?!! I say u can’t read, or your missing some things.. off the top my head I can think of 50 colleges more selective than 30%!!!!! If I took the time I’d come up with ONE HUNDRED more selective colleges and universities! 4yr graduation rates are almost always much higher at small to mid private Unis.
No (generally) public schools offer need based aid to OOS students, so the fight for your kids part of the 12 scholarships, plus the high OOS costs, when compared to generous aid and equal in state and OOS costs at privates make is understandable that a top player might go lower level lax private.
There definitely a place for big public universities, and neither school is bad, and both lax programs are really good, but how the big schools prepare girls for life, get them into something they’re passionate about, helping them find their passion, and striving for balance academically and athletically is what really matters.. unless pro wlax really takes on!!

You're all nuts... this is really how you spend your free time?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358703 11/30/21 12:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is too funny. Totally opinion based. But since you feel you are an authority please go into further detail about "the mental health aspect of big colleges". This I got to hear!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358740 11/30/21 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are also no girls who have “outstanding offers” and have not decided. From hear on out, we will see girls commit to lower programs. A rare girl may still commit to a top 15, but not many

I think folks may be confusing outstanding offers with contingent ones. There are some girls who have told girls we will offer you if you can get xx GPA this semester or YY on the SAT/ACT. These are usually borderline admits which the coach can't get admissions behind to offer. Big difference between this and having girls just collecting offers waiting to decide. We have multiple girls who are in this situation (one with Ivy, another with a quasi-Ivy).

Now if these contingent girls don't quality that opens up spots for others in the spring

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358742 11/30/21 04:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Below is the post that started the discussion….

————————————-/——-/———————————————

“ Depends on how you define Top program. Many girls, especially from private schools, are only targeting top academic schools which is Duke, Stanford, Candy Hopkins, Ivy, Patriot league and a few others. Without knowing girls, its hard to say how many had top 20 offers.

For instance our club just had a girl turn down offers from Syracuse and Florida to go to Davidson. Another turned down Penn State and Stony Brook to go to Lehigh. Remember not all girls are trying to get the best lax school, they are looking for the best school.”

———————————————————////————————-//-/////—————————

The author stated that “many” girls “especially those from private schools” were only interested in “top academic schools” and proceeded to name some schools and conferences and dropped Patriot League schools in as if they are on par with The Ivy’s, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt and Hopkins which they of course are not.

The author then implied that there were players from their club that had offers from Florida, Syracuse, Penn State and Stony Brook but decided to commit to Lehigh and Davidson because they are stronger academically than the other schools mentioned (and on the same level as The Ivy’s, Duke, Stanford, Vanderbilt and Hopkins).

The original premise is foolish and based on 2 individuals and is certainly not indicative of the decisions made by the majority of the best HS players. The large majority of the best HS players (as identified by the coaches at the best college programs) commit to Top 20 caliber programs most of which are superior academically to Lehigh and Davidson.

Lehigh and Davidson are good schools but they are not on the same level as Princeton, Penn, Dartmouth, Brown, Yale, Columbia, Harvard, Cornell, Stanford, Duke, Hopkins, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Michigan, Virginia, Georgetown, North Carolina, Berkeley, USC, Boston College etc…

The original post was trying to imply that Lehigh and Davidson are high end academic institutions similar to the schools listed above and that they, academically superior to schools like Florida, Syracuse, Penn State and Stony Brook.

The reality is that the best players always have many options available to them and very few of those players choose Lehigh or Davidson over any of the traditional powers most of which are stronger both academics and athletics/women’s lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358744 11/30/21 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are also no girls who have “outstanding offers” and have not decided. From hear on out, we will see girls commit to lower programs. A rare girl may still commit to a top 15, but not many

I think folks may be confusing outstanding offers with contingent ones. There are some girls who have told girls we will offer you if you can get xx GPA this semester or YY on the SAT/ACT. These are usually borderline admits which the coach can't get admissions behind to offer. Big difference between this and having girls just collecting offers waiting to decide. We have multiple girls who are in this situation (one with Ivy, another with a quasi-Ivy).

Now if these contingent girls don't quality that opens up spots for others in the spring

What exactly is a “quasi-Ivy”?

Also, are the student athletes who have to improve their grades/scores top recruits for the schools or are they recruits that the coach is using to bump the Academic Index up? There is a difference (at least at the Ivy’s) and at other schools is the coach not willing to use a slot? Is the coach waiting to see it the kid can get in on her own? Again, there is a difference.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358752 11/30/21 05:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're all nuts... this is really how you spend your free time?
^THIS!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358756 11/30/21 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

/quote]

School outside the Ivy League, but still has well above average academic standards for its athletes.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358757 11/30/21 05:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, are the student athletes who have to improve their grades/scores top recruits for the schools or are they recruits that the coach is using to bump the Academic Index up? There is a difference (at least at the Ivy’s) and at other schools is the coach not willing to use a slot? Is the coach waiting to see it the kid can get in on her own? Again, there is a difference.

In the examples I gave, these are kids who were not at the top of the recruiting class, but still solid enough players that the coach is willing to hold some $$ to see if they improve to meet with academic index/ athletic admissions requirements.

Like Reply Quote
Page 82 of 91 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 90 91
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard