June 5th Showcases: Final Chance to Register 4 the CBLaxers UnD1sputed & LI Showcase! wee.CBLaxers.com
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by baldbear - 05/25/22 11:36 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/25/22 07:27 PM
NLF Rankings VS Inside Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/25/22 07:18 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/25/22 06:42 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/25/22 06:34 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,086
Posts336,055
Members2,443
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 89 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 88 89
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #349106 09/08/21 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do parents feel the need to go on here & say “she was contacted by “x” amount of schools, she was contacted by 50% of top D1 schools, she had “x” amount of offers”?? These are things you DONT need to make known…you aren’t helping anyone except pounding your own chest..make you feel better I guess?!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #349108 09/08/21 06:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top recruit from grizzlies committed UNC

Was most likely between UNC and Stanford since she has sisters at both. Heard the sister does not love Stanford. Probably factored into the decision. You go to California for lax, and you disappear. UNC is a special place. Great choice!

Actually, it was the other way around, was surprised a bit by UNC selection. Sister at Stanford redshirted as a freshman last year and will have a big 2022 season. If she did not like Stanford, than why no transfer portal? Some of us know the facts but you keep trying to tear down everything Stanford lax. That being said, cannot go wrong with UNC and congrats to her.

Even as a great athlete and at a Great school but surrounded by people operating on another level and it must get pretty lonely. you never transfer out of some of the schools it just isn't accepted. Hopkins is probably the same. You can get in to play but your circle is small there.

True. Stanford never had a legit chance at her. The cream of the crop athletes do not go there. It’s more for girls that are decent players but looking for super elite academics. The same type of player that commits to Princeton or Penn.

Another person who just pops off with nonsense... I didn't know so I checked...

Below are the Final Rankings from 2019. Each year there are 48 All-Americans, I would say they would be the cream of the crop... to the right of each team is how many All-Americans the team had.

1 - Maryland - 7

2 - Boston College - 4

3 - North Carolina - 4

4 - Northwestern - 3

5 - Syracuse - 1

6 - Princeton - 3

7 - Virginia - 2

8 - Denver - 2

9 - Notre Dame - 3

10 - Loyola - 4

11 - Michigan - 0

12 - Stony Brook - 1

13 - Florida - 4

14 - Penn - 2

15 - James Madison - 1

16 - Navy - 1

17 - Southern California - 1

18 - Georgetown - 1

19 - Colorado - 0

20 - Dartmouth - 1

21 - Duke - 1

22 - Johns Hopkins - 0

23 - Stanford - 0

24 - High Point - 0

25 - Virginia Tech - 0

You may be correct in terms of Stanford not getting many high end recruits but they are a very competitive program that finishes in the Top 20 - 25 most years. I don't think anyone on this site puts The Cardinal up there with MD, BC, UNC etc... but they are certainly one of the Top 20 - 25 programs.

As for Princeton and Penn, they obviously hold their own and are arguably two of the Top 10 programs. Couple of surprises were Florida and Loyola with 4 AA's siting behind a number of teams that outperformed them that year.

Syracuse was a shock with only 1 AA, I guess they were a young team in 2019.

Denver and Michigan appear to be two of the up and coming programs.

Two Programs that each had an All-American but did not finish the season ranked were Hofstra and Towson.

Surprising that Penn State was not Ranked and did not have any All-Americans.

With the exception of Penn State it looks like the usual suspects finished in the Top 15 and had the lions share of All-Americans. The formula seems pretty simple, recruit the best players and you will have a very strong team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349109 09/08/21 06:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was most likely between UNC and Stanford since she has sisters at both. Heard the sister does not love Stanford. Probably factored into the decision. You go to California for lax, and you disappear. UNC is a special place. Great choice!

Actually, it was the other way around, was surprised a bit by UNC selection. Sister at Stanford redshirted as a freshman last year and will have a big 2022 season. If she did not like Stanford, than why no transfer portal? Some of us know the facts but you keep trying to tear down everything Stanford lax. That being said, cannot go wrong with UNC and congrats to her.

Even as a great athlete and at a Great school but surrounded by people operating on another level and it must get pretty lonely. you never transfer out of some of the schools it just isn't accepted. Hopkins is probably the same. You can get in to play but your circle is small there.

True. Stanford never had a legit chance at her. The cream of the crop athletes do not go there. It’s more for girls that are decent players but looking for super elite academics. The same type of player that commits to Princeton or Penn.

Great places to go. Cmon man. Stanford has banned indoor parties and must put obedience mask on outdoors. All that so your daughter can get her gender studies major. Oh yea and play mediocre lax. Enjoy that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349114 09/08/21 07:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great places to go. Cmon man. Stanford has banned indoor parties and must put obedience mask on outdoors. All that so your daughter can get her gender studies major. Oh yea and play mediocre lax. Enjoy that.[/quote]

Lay off the ivermectin...you're sounding like a horse's butt

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349120 09/08/21 08:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To talk from experience going on right now with my 2023, she has been reached out to by roughly 50% of the top ranked div 1 teams. We have just started the process of working on dates to go visit some of these schools. It isn't a quick process and will take a few weeks. We have not been pressured at all to make any decisions. Right now the coaches are really just working on getting visits scheduled and this scheduling will take a few weeks.

How many prospect camps did your daughter do? Do you feel they were important to do? Sounds like she got some great attention from D1 schools! Do you think it was from showcase tournaments or prospect camps? Congratulations to your daughter and good luck! . TIA

She only did summer club lacrosse. Now she is on one of the top club teams so she got lots of exposure. I say this to tell people that it will take weeks to just get through the first round of players.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #349122 09/08/21 08:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great places to go. Cmon man. Stanford has banned indoor parties and must put obedience mask on outdoors. All that so your daughter can get her gender studies major. Oh yea and play mediocre lax. Enjoy that.

Lay off the ivermectin...you're sounding like a horse's butt[/quote]

Is that your best little lamb. Truth hurts. Stanford’s rep is falling as is its wlax.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349123 09/08/21 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with horse’s butt assessment but what’s with the ivermectin reference?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349131 09/08/21 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with horse’s butt assessment but what’s with the ivermectin reference?[/quote]

the poster's need to virtue signal his stance on Covid ("obedience masks") made me think he's probably a fan of ivermectin...which is used on large animals...so I figured maybe that's why he's acting like a horse...'s butt.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #349138 09/08/21 11:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if your not happy with the colleges that have been reaching out? Seriously.... my kid is super smart but the options that she is being given so far is well below her academics? yet she wants to play help seriously

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349140 09/09/21 06:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if your not happy with the colleges that have been reaching out? Seriously.... my kid is super smart but the options that she is being given so far is well below her academics? yet she wants to play help seriously
You shouldn’t pick lax over academics. Are the choices really that bad academically? Or just not to your standard? I wasn’t aware that any school would not be well academically

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #349141 09/09/21 06:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If she’s that smart let her get into the school academically and reach out to the coach once she’s there. Coaches at good schools love walk on’s.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349155 09/09/21 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you reached out to the schools that your daughter is interested in?

It is very important to make sure that all of the coaches (head coach & assistants) at the schools that your daughter would like to go to are aware of your daughters genuine interest and desire to attend the school.

Ask your Club Director and HS Coach to reach out to the schools as well.

What level of lacrosse would you say the schools that have expressed interest are? Look for better academic schools that are of similar lacrosse level to the schools that have reached out.

Don't panic or get too stressed (do your best to help your daughter do the same). The process has just begun.

Develop a plan.....

Go to NCAA Women's Lacrosse website, select DI, click on rankings, Select RPI . There you will see all of the schools that offer Division I women's lacrosse. (you can do the same for DII & DIII as well)

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse-women/d1/ncaa-womens-lacrosse-rpi

Make a list of all the schools that your thinks she would be interested in and develop a strategy to "market" your daughter to the coaches at those schools. You do not want to be a pest but you want to make it known that your daughter would like to play for them.

Keep in mind, if your daughter has excellent grades she may be able to get a lot of academic $$ from schools that you feel are below her academically.

Hope that was somewhat helpful.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349157 09/09/21 08:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with horse’s butt assessment but what’s with the ivermectin reference?

the poster's need to virtue signal his stance on Covid ("obedience masks") made me think he's probably a fan of ivermectin...which is used on large animals...so I figured maybe that's why he's acting like a horse...'s butt.[/quote]

Typical response by a low IQ individual. Stanford has had recruiting scandals, academic scandals and currently has mandates that are not science based. But at least you tried to sound intelligent and looked up how to spell ivermectin.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349162 09/09/21 08:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It obvious this clown poster , would never have had the intelligence to go to a school like Stanford! I doubt his/her kid does either!? Probably partying it up in Florida or Alabama! Indoor parties with lots of beer pong and no mask! Woo hoo !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349163 09/09/21 08:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love for my DD to fall into this category.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 89 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 88 89
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard