Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:18 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:06 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:01 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 08:56 PM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 08:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,035
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 91 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 90 91
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #349377 09/11/21 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter will be making a visit this weekend, next weekend (2) and the second weekend in October for another. After this first round of top choices we’ll see where she lands. We had not been proactive reaching out to schools because we had no idea where she stacked up. I should say, I had an idea, and her club coach had an idea but you just don’t really know until the offers start coming in. There is a large swath of other schools that we might target if these first ones fall through. These are top 20 programs so I think she has a great shot with lower ranked programs if she doesn’t like these. It’s nice to see my daughter feeling so good about her future college options and even better hearing her on the phone with these coaches talking about the game. I know she’ll be so excited to bring. Her best to the college game.

Same for us! She really wants to see all her top choices before she decides. There will be no decision until early October. The coaches have been very understanding. I suspect that there are many other girls who are in the same boat as ours. Good luck!

Could these two posts by any more obnoxious?? Especially the first one. Totally not jealous - my daughter is older and already playing lacrosse at a top program. I actually came on here to see if there was any new commitment news - specific commitment news - not bragging about where someone was in the process. These parents have some serious self reflection to do. They will have a big wake up call once their daughter is at the college and they are sitting on the bench while all the other equally talented older kids play first. This is also part of the process of being part of a top program (and that’s ok). I would’ve never posted something like this back when my daughter was going through the process when other recruits and their parents could possibly feel that they were struggling w recruiting or “less than”. It can be a super stressful process for many and I just don’t see where posts like this are beneficial at all. Just say that your daughter is doing campus visits and will probably make her choice mid-Oct. I hope for your daughter’s sake the college coaches don’t see what type of parent(s) she has. That can really be a deal breaker. Lots of talented 23 kids to choose from. Player and parent character is usually part of their decision process.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #349382 09/11/21 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter will be making a visit this weekend, next weekend (2) and the second weekend in October for another. After this first round of top choices we’ll see where she lands. We had not been proactive reaching out to schools because we had no idea where she stacked up. I should say, I had an idea, and her club coach had an idea but you just don’t really know until the offers start coming in. There is a large swath of other schools that we might target if these first ones fall through. These are top 20 programs so I think she has a great shot with lower ranked programs if she doesn’t like these. It’s nice to see my daughter feeling so good about her future college options and even better hearing her on the phone with these coaches talking about the game. I know she’ll be so excited to bring. Her best to the college game.

Same for us! She really wants to see all her top choices before she decides. There will be no decision until early October. The coaches have been very understanding. I suspect that there are many other girls who are in the same boat as ours. Good luck!

Could these two posts by any more obnoxious?? Especially the first one. Totally not jealous - my daughter is older and already playing lacrosse at a top program. I actually came on here to see if there was any new commitment news - specific commitment news - not bragging about where someone was in the process. These parents have some serious self reflection to do. They will have a big wake up call once their daughter is at the college and they are sitting on the bench while all the other equally talented older kids play first. This is also part of the process of being part of a top program (and that’s ok). I would’ve never posted something like this back when my daughter was going through the process when other recruits and their parents could possibly feel that they were struggling w recruiting or “less than”. It can be a super stressful process for many and I just don’t see where posts like this are beneficial at all. Just say that your daughter is doing campus visits and will probably make her choice mid-Oct. I hope for your daughter’s sake the college coaches don’t see what type of parent(s) she has. That can really be a deal breaker. Lots of talented 23 kids to choose from. Player and parent character is usually part of their decision process.

Oh, cut them a little slack... the have been much more obnoxious posts on this site. The parents and the kids who are getting attention are excited and while I agree that you should take others feelings into account I didn't think these posts were too bad. People should try not to offend anyone but people should also try to not be offended. I have seen direct attacks on individual players, the two posts you referenced were nothing like that.

Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349385 09/11/21 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re the one who sounds obnoxious. People want to their time to find the best fit. Why do you care so much? And you should hope my daughter doesn’t go to the school yours is at. Best players see the field as freshmen. I’m confident my daughter will be on the field, but she must earn it. Jrs. And Seniors don’t get a free pass. And FYI, the coaches all love us because we are honest and upfront about our expectations, as they are with theirs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349387 09/11/21 05:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Official visits are not camps. The recruit is no longer proving them self. They are given an itinerary for the visit which is designed to pull her in and impress. At this point they have been given an offer or will be given one during the visit. They want this recruit.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349393 09/11/21 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Official visits are not camps. The recruit is no longer proving them self. They are given an itinerary for the visit which is designed to pull her in and impress. At this point they have been given an offer or will be given one during the visit. They want this recruit.

Exactly! And the top recruits are taking their 5 officials and then deciding. Camps are a scam. They may add 1-2 to a roster off camps, if even. They make money off a dream.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #349398 09/11/21 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I definitely hope your daughter doesn’t end up at the same school as my daughter…lol. Your ego won’t fit in the stadium. My daughter actually did get to play her freshman year. She’s actually fairly well known in the women’s college arena and has gotten some good press in the lacrosse magazines this past season. She was super fortunate and she has worked hard to get there. She’s very modest though (as are we) and that makes her an excellent teammate. Remember, this is a team sport and in the end, every single player is replaceable, including my daughter. Remember that.

You’re the one who sounds obnoxious. People want to their time to find the best fit. Why do you care so much? And you should hope my daughter doesn’t go to the school yours is at. Best players see the field as freshmen. I’m confident my daughter will be on the field, but she must earn it. Jrs. And Seniors don’t get a free pass. And FYI, the coaches all love us because we are honest and upfront about our expectations, as they are with theirs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349423 09/12/21 01:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! And the top recruits are taking their 5 officials and then deciding. Camps are a scam. They may add 1-2 to a roster off camps, if even. They make money off a dream.

Painting with a broad brush.... you are correct though, for the top recruits there is no need to go to a camp at this stage of the game. However, if your daughter is not being pursued and being offered a spot going to a schools camp could be beneficial. Don't just go to any random camp though, if there is a particular school that your daughter is interested in try to see if there is genuine mutual interest from the coaching staff. Have your daughter email all coaches at the program and express her interest. Also, have her Club Director, high school coach and anyone else who has a relationship with the coaching staff (current players, former players etc..) to see if they have any interest in your daughter. Don't ask the coaches "should she go to the camp" just see if they know who she is on their list and if there is any interest. if the answers is yes than going to the camp might help.

Keep in mind, that right now many programs are fighting for the same girls, these are the players who are receiving offers, they are the players that the coaches have at the top of their lists. Coaches are casting their nets some smaller than others but they will all have to move down their list once girls start committing and coaches realize that they lost out on players that they wanted. In the past few months we have seen plenty of 22's committing to a variety of schools.

This is a process, not every player is going to receive offers from the likes of BC, UNC, Northwestern, Syracuse, Penn State, Princeton, Virginia, Notre Dame, Penn, Duke, USC, Stanford etc... Players should reach but be realistic, as the process continues players and parents will start to see what level the player is by the level of programs that are willing to make an offer. Remember, there is a lot of opportunity at schools outside the 10 - 15 traditional powers. Do your best to help your daughter navigate this process by stying positive and helping her to find a good fit.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #349462 09/13/21 06:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonderful to see a few more of Long Island’s own committing this weekend. All great athletes and well deserved. Ian Proud of all you!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349472 09/13/21 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for your prediction about the Jesters girl.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349473 09/13/21 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #349474 09/13/21 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the first round of recruiting is underway - my D is getting all kinds of prospect mail. Just lots of ads for prospect days, not "personal" notes with the mail.
We have to go to these schools to even get considered or seen? "BU" wont take another step unless we go to the camp?

Schools wont be at any more tournaments or film is not good enough anymore? This hasn't even started yet and I'm ready to take a break from all of the mind games.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349479 09/13/21 09:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

So wonderful when an "average" player commits to Syracuse. Guess the talent evaluators on here know more than the top college coaches in the nation. LOL Beware of Fake News on here from the haters.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349483 09/13/21 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the first round of recruiting is underway - my D is getting all kinds of prospect mail. Just lots of ads for prospect days, not "personal" notes with the mail.
We have to go to these schools to even get considered or seen? "BU" wont take another step unless we go to the camp?

Schools wont be at any more tournaments or film is not good enough anymore? This hasn't even started yet and I'm ready to take a break from all of the mind games.

It's part Money Grab and part the Coach has other players ranked higher than your daughter. It has not even been two full weeks and only a handful of girls have committed. If there is a school that you know your daughter absolutely would like to go to and the coaches are talking to her and expressing interest but not willing to commit maybe go to the camp and make sure the coaches know that it is her top choice.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #349486 09/13/21 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry not familiar with this sight. I was talking about the other Jesters girl who is going to BC.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349487 09/13/21 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

So wonderful when an "average" player commits to Syracuse. Guess the talent evaluators on here know more than the top college coaches in the nation. LOL Beware of Fake News on here from the haters.

Agree, the recruiting process lets everyone know where players rank in relation to other players. The best programs make offers to who they believe to be the best players. Parents can complain about the Player Rankings, All-Star Teams, lists and everything else but in the we will know where a player stands based upon the caliber of programs that make offers.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 91 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 90 91
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard